Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 27.
The new patch update is version 1.18 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and version 1.01 for Call of Duty: Warzone (for those who are standalone Warzone downloads).
For Modern Warfare, this new patch debuts a brand new 6v6 map: Khandor Hideout. This map was teased in the original Season 2 roadmap and is now officially live for all players to checkout in game.
For Warzone players, this new update brings four new weapons to the loot pool in the game allowing for more variety to the weapon loot you can find on the map. The four new weapons include the 725 shotgun, MK2 Carbine, .50 GS, and EBR-14.
- New Coalition Operator, Talon!
- Khandor Hideout 24/7 Playlist in Modern Warfare Multiplayer!
- NVG Infected Multiplayer Mode – Infected in the Dark. Survivors have a thermal sight and limited NVG battery, but the Infected can see in Dark. Realism damage, so make those headshots count!
- Plunder: Blood Money – Guaranteed cash drops on all kills. Bounty Contracts and Finishing Moves pay extra cash!
- When using a Tactical Insertion in the crawl space near the oil derrick on Rust, the player will spawn elsewhere on the map instead of where the Tac Insert was placed. This has been fixed
- When using KBM, the navigation arrows used to change which Season you’re viewing go in the wrong direction. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the killcam showed the player they were killed by Thermite rather than underbarrel thermite
- In some cases, Xbox players might experience in-game stuttering after the console has been in Rest Mode and the “Instant On” setting is enabled. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could see Daily Challenges rewarding duplicate rewards instead of XP
- We now show weapon and equipment counts in the killcam. If a player was using Stopping Power, then the ammo count will be orange to denote this. We also show whether a player was using Dead Silence in the killcam as well
- Increased the max travel time for Crossbow bolts from 3 seconds to 6 seconds for longer distance shots
- Bolt action rechamber will no longer be retriggered if interrupted after the round has been ejected (this fixes an issue with redundant bolt action rechambers after weapon switches)
- Removing inaccurate attachment description from Solozero NVG Enhanced Scope: “Optic glint visible to enemies”
- Amped: Increased Amped reload speeds for the Strela-P, PILA, and JOKR
- E.O.D: Damage resistance fixes and tuning:
- Fixed an issue where Thermite equipment was not showing the damage resistance icon even though damage resistance was being applied
- Stuck Thermite and Thermite bolts no longer have their damage reduced
- Field Upgrade Pro: Stopped cases where failed Field Upgrade placements would cause equipment to be used
- Tactical Insert: Added broken Tactical Insert icon that is shown when the Tac Insert is destroyed
- Deployable Cover:
- Shotguns now destroy Deployable Cover with 3 melee hits
- Added damage stats for vehicle and thermite damage
- Fixed a bug where placing Deployable Cover on a door two times would allow the door to be moved
- EMP Drone: Allow the EMP Drone to be used at the start of a new round in multi-round game modes
- Stopping Power: We’ve doubled the amount of Stopping Power ammo given to Akimbo weapons
- Stun Grenades are now less intense
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
Campaign: While on Embassy, at the Green Beam checkpoint, players would not be able to progress in the mission after using the drone strike. This has been fixed.
- Operation Strongbox: Fix for the vault location/crypto key objective markers not displaying on the Tac-Map
- Operation Strongbox: Fixed a bug that prevented guided rockets from locking onto the enemy helicopter
- Operation Brimstone: Fixed a bug where objective icons were not appearing on the Tac-Map
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for sometimes jumping out of the plane into an out of bounds area
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for enemies not spawning in the plane if one player is outside of the plane during the regroup
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for Cruise Missile marking teammates as enemy targets
- Operation Just Reward: Fix for stealth being automatically broken when retrying the Operation
- Operation Just Reward: Enemy sentries will no longer shoot players parachuting in
- Rebalanced explosive damage against Juggernauts
- Fix for a bug where the Double Time Perk was not awarding the correct speed bonuses
- Fixed a camera bug that could sometimes drift off the while in the pickup truck
- Fix for icons not appearing correctly when using UAV
- Fix for exploit involving molotovs and munitions crates
- Fix for High Alert not triggering on suicide bombers or juggernauts
- Fix for throwing knife not killing enemies in 1 hit
- Fix for players respawning with empty ammo clips/magazines
- Fix for enemy melee attacks ignoring player armor
- Fix for Restock perk not showing grenades recharging
- Fix for Suicide Bombers playing their VO too frequently
- Fix for a bug that resulted in a player falling through the map upon spawning on a tank as it became full
- New weapons can be found on the ground and in Supply Boxes: 725 Shotgun, MK2 Carbine (Marksman Rifle), EBR-14 (Marksman Rifle) and the .50 GS (Handgun)
- Players who disconnect in Last Stand will now drop their items when leaving the game
- Fix for a bug where the animation for the player equipping a gas mask will interrupt and block players from deploying their parachute
- Tuned close up shotgun damage to prevent a single shotgun blast from downing a fully armored player. Stopping power can still make this happen
- Added Warzone specific controller button layouts. The Bumper Ping and Bumper Ping Flipped layouts will allow those playing Warzone with a controller to use the Ping feature more efficiently
- Players can no longer stack self-revive kits
- Players that are spectating still get plunder payouts from contracts but at only 40% of the value paid to living players
- Fixes to help prevent hitching when interacting with Cash Deposit Helicopters and Recon Contracts
- Fix for a rare bug that allowed players to equip two riot shields if they had two different camos, but only one would appear on the player
- Made it easier to see which item is selected while using a Buy Station
- Updated button layout for equipment while using gamepad
- Fixed a bug for players are not receiving a banner on the top right of the screen for allies or enemies initiating kill streaks
- Prevent bullets that hit the riot-shield from depleting player armor
- If a player flies the Recon Drone out of bounds, the player will hear the out of bounds countdown timer but will not see the countdown splash on their screen. This has been fixed
- Fix for various and potential exploits
- Field Upgrades: Fixed a bug where some Field Upgrades were not ending at the end of the pre-match
- Players will now get a kill when someone that you’ve downed, disconnects from the game
- Reduced the amount of cash given for averting a bounty
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $8,500
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Possible PS5 version of Modern Warfare found
Call of Duty fans love Modern Warfare more than most other titles in the franchise. It seems we might be getting a next-gen remaster soon.
Call of Duty fans love Modern Warfare more than most other titles in the franchise. Thus the idea of a PS5 remaster of the title is exciting, and it seems we might be getting that sooner than we think.
Modern Warfare is arguably the most popular title in the entire Call Of Duty franchise. For many fans, it’s what got them into the series so whenever there’s a new development announced about it, the hype is enormous.
Infinity Ward Lead Multiplayer VFX Artist Reed Shingledecker recently confirmed new Modern Warfare content soon. The recent release of Black Ops: Cold War made it seem like that would be the main thing Activision would be focusing on for a while, so this is definitely came as a big surprise.
There is mass speculation about what he was referring to and one reddit user has created hype for a potential PS5 version of Modern Warfare. Here’s everything we know about this possible leak.
Next-Gen Modern Warfare on PS5 Leak
Reddit user asjonesy99 made a post in r/GamingLeaksAndRumours which strongly hints at a next-gen version of the title coming soon. The drop-down menu displayed the PS4 version when purchasing the game, but what caught fans’ eyes was the option for a PS5 version.
When the player tried to pick this option, it became locked. This could be some sort of glitch or something that’s currently in development.
It’s hard to tell whether or not this is a legitimate hint at an upcoming PS5 version of Modern Warfare. It’s entirely likely that this could just be a simple error with the disc and this whole leak amounts to practically nothing.
Modern Warfare has become a huge staple for FPS fans so the excitement that this leak caused is completely understandable. The possibility of a next-gen Modern Warfare for a whole new group of young players is nice to think about.
Keep in mind that this is still a rumor and we’ll keep checking for updates on this. That said, we hope to see a PS5 remaster of this title soon. Even if we don’t, we now know that there definitely is more Modern Warfare content on its way and that’s exciting on its own.
Best Kilo 141 loadouts to use in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The Kilo 141 is the META weapon in Warzone Season 6, so here’s the best attachments to maximize its potential in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
The Kilo 141 is the undisputed best Assault Rifle in Season 6 of Warzone, so here’s the best loadout to dominate Verdansk.
The Kilo 141 is favored for its incredible accuracy and damage potential at range. It’s in almost every competitive Warzone player’s kit, and was used by streamer Aydan to break the Solo vs Squads world-record with 60 kills.
Whether taking out snipers from far away or pushing enemies at medium-range, the Kilo 141 will excel. It’s the first Assault Rifle to unlock, which makes it accessible to any player picking up Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Here is the META loadout for the Kilo 141 in the battle royale, and the best setup for MW’s multiplayer.
- Monolothic Suppressor
- Singuard Arms 19.8″ Prowler Barrel
- VLK 3.0x Optic
- Commando Foregrip
- 60 Round Mags
This is the META Kilo 141 build which maximizes its range and accuracy in Warzone. The majority of competitive players and streamers use this setup simply because it’s the best.
The Monolithic Suppressor increases the weapon’s effective damage range and keeps you hidden from the mini-map. The benefit of this attachment means you can take out multiple enemies from medium-range before they even know where you are.
The Singuard Arms 19.8″ Prowler barrel further increases the Kilo’s effective distance, allowing it to deal a lot of damage in almost any situation. Combined with the VLK 3.0x Optic, you’ll have no trouble taking out snipers and extremely far-off targets.
The VLK optic provides the clearest view of enemies. This unobtrusive sight gives a decent amount of magnification and there’s even a hidden reduction to recoil when using this attachment, so your Kilo will be even more accurate.
The Commando Foregrip almost removes all recoil on the Kilo. Pulling down on your thumbstick or mouse to control the recoil will keep the weapon completely still. Hitting headshots and downing far away targets won’t be a problem.
It’s also worth putting on a 60 Round Magazine. Enemies in Warzone will usually have armor, and when facing a squad you want to get as many shots downrange as possible without having to reload. Also, with the prevalence of self-revive, it’s worth finishing off downed enemies before they can revive themselves.
Modern Warfare multiplayer
- G.I Mini Reflex
- FSS Close Quarters Stock
- Commando Foregrip
- 50 Round Mags
- Rubberized Grip Tape
The Kilo 141 is also well-suited for range in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. Hang back and play as a dominant AR to clear and defend objectives and you’ll find this Kilo extremely effective.
The iron sights on the Kilo are quite obtrusive so it’s worth using a red dot sight. The G.I Mini Reflex is our personal favorite, but experiment and find the one that works best for you.
With multiplayer being faster paced than Warzone, the FFS Close Quarters Stock is a valuable attachment. This allows you to ADS quicker so you can quickly snap onto enemies in close quarters engagements.
- Read more: Modern Warfare’s Season 6 has been extended
The Commando Foregrip and Rubberized Grip Tape give you great control over the weapon. While using the Kilo 141’s range, accuracy is vital to beating out the other weapons on the map.
50 Round Mags will reduce the need to reload without slowing down the weapon as much as the 60 Round Mags. Being able to kill several enemies and still continuing to fire will allow you to stay on objectives longer, giving your team the upper hand.
Try out these Kilo 141 builds yourself and dominate Verdansk and Modern Warfare’s multiplayer.
How to easily kill Juggernauts in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The juggernaut can be a tough opponent to defeat in Warzone and Modern Warfare, so follow these tips to give you the upper hand.
Juggernauts can be tricky to take down in Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here are some tips to make sure you come out on top.
Juggernauts are players who have equipped a heavy suit of armor that takes considerable damage to kill. They also carry a mini-gun, which makes them deadly up close.
Although the Juggernaut is now harder to acquire in Warzone, it’s very easy for a Juggernaut to end your game if you’re not fully prepared.
In Warzone streamer Aydan’s world-record Solo vs. Squads run, his last opponent was a player in a Juggernaut suit. This article will analyze how Aydan managed to beat the Juggernaut and give some more tips to help in all situations.
Aydan vs the Juggernaut
After beating the Solo vs Squads world-record, Aydan only had one more opponent left to win the game with 60 kills. This last opponent was a Juggernaut.
The good news is that you can see the Juggernaut on the mini-map at all times. If you pull up your map and mark it, you can also follow its location on the screen. Aydan used this information to get the upper hand.
To start the fight, Aydan kept his distance and never gave it a clear shot on him. The final circle was in the hangars in front of the airfield, so he took advantage of its slow movement by leading it around the back of the hangar, then relocating to a new spot.
After getting distance from the Juggernaut, he set himself up on a ‘head glitch.’ A head glitch is where you stand behind an object, and you can see everything in front of you, but the enemy can only see the top of your head. With the Juggernaut’s inaccurate mini-gun, Aydan gave himself the clear advantage in this situation and managed to deal a lot of damage without taking any in return.
The final circle pulled away from Aydan, leading him into the open airfield. The Juggernaut, fearing his skill, took cover in the hangar, allowing him to relocate to a set of rocks on the way. From behind these rocks, Aydan used the head glitch advantage and kept peaking from random parts of the rock to keep the enemy guessing. By aiming for the head and landing jump shots, he finally beat the Juggernaut.
Although Aydan is one of the world’s best Warzone players, you can deploy his strategies to beat a Juggernaut.
To summarize Aydan’s tactics:
- Mark the Juggernaut on the map
- Keep your distance
- Get on a head glitch
- Aim for the head
These extra strategies can also be deployed in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer if someone calls in the Juggernaut as a Killstreak.
Use FMJ rounds
This strategy comes courtesy of YouTuber TheXclusiveAce. FMJ rounds deal “about 50% more damage” to the Juggernaut than standard rounds.
It might be worth keeping a weapon with the FMJ Perk equipped in your loadout section. When the final loadout drop comes down, if there’s a Juggernaut marked on the map, it’s worth taking this weapon.
Reddit user -Arhaeil- shared that placing a Cluster Strike or an Airstrike on top of it will take a Juggernaut out. Combine a Killstreak with a well-thrown Stun Grenade, and the already slow Juggernaut won’t be able to escape in time. You can also distract it with a Riot Shield to make the fight even easier.
Although a Juggernaut can be a tough beast to kill, deploying these strategies will give you more of a fighting chance.
Aydan explains how BOCW’s Ghost can stop Warzone campers
Aydan feels that the Ghost perk in Warzone should be tinkered with to turn it into the ultimate anti-camper tool.
How to watch the C.O.D.E Bowl Tournament featuring streamers & military
Everything you need to know about the upcoming C.O.D.E Bowl tournament, which will raise funds for unemployed veterans.
Black Ops Cold War dev hints at Flak Jacket fix
After repeated complaints about how overpowered it is, a Black Ops Cold War dev has hinted that a Flak Jacket...