Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 27.
The new patch update is version 1.18 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and version 1.01 for Call of Duty: Warzone (for those who are standalone Warzone downloads).
For Modern Warfare, this new patch debuts a brand new 6v6 map: Khandor Hideout. This map was teased in the original Season 2 roadmap and is now officially live for all players to checkout in game.
For Warzone players, this new update brings four new weapons to the loot pool in the game allowing for more variety to the weapon loot you can find on the map. The four new weapons include the 725 shotgun, MK2 Carbine, .50 GS, and EBR-14.
- New Coalition Operator, Talon!
- Khandor Hideout 24/7 Playlist in Modern Warfare Multiplayer!
- NVG Infected Multiplayer Mode – Infected in the Dark. Survivors have a thermal sight and limited NVG battery, but the Infected can see in Dark. Realism damage, so make those headshots count!
- Plunder: Blood Money – Guaranteed cash drops on all kills. Bounty Contracts and Finishing Moves pay extra cash!
- When using a Tactical Insertion in the crawl space near the oil derrick on Rust, the player will spawn elsewhere on the map instead of where the Tac Insert was placed. This has been fixed
- When using KBM, the navigation arrows used to change which Season you’re viewing go in the wrong direction. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the killcam showed the player they were killed by Thermite rather than underbarrel thermite
- In some cases, Xbox players might experience in-game stuttering after the console has been in Rest Mode and the “Instant On” setting is enabled. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could see Daily Challenges rewarding duplicate rewards instead of XP
- We now show weapon and equipment counts in the killcam. If a player was using Stopping Power, then the ammo count will be orange to denote this. We also show whether a player was using Dead Silence in the killcam as well
- Increased the max travel time for Crossbow bolts from 3 seconds to 6 seconds for longer distance shots
- Bolt action rechamber will no longer be retriggered if interrupted after the round has been ejected (this fixes an issue with redundant bolt action rechambers after weapon switches)
- Removing inaccurate attachment description from Solozero NVG Enhanced Scope: “Optic glint visible to enemies”
- Amped: Increased Amped reload speeds for the Strela-P, PILA, and JOKR
- E.O.D: Damage resistance fixes and tuning:
- Fixed an issue where Thermite equipment was not showing the damage resistance icon even though damage resistance was being applied
- Stuck Thermite and Thermite bolts no longer have their damage reduced
- Field Upgrade Pro: Stopped cases where failed Field Upgrade placements would cause equipment to be used
- Tactical Insert: Added broken Tactical Insert icon that is shown when the Tac Insert is destroyed
- Deployable Cover:
- Shotguns now destroy Deployable Cover with 3 melee hits
- Added damage stats for vehicle and thermite damage
- Fixed a bug where placing Deployable Cover on a door two times would allow the door to be moved
- EMP Drone: Allow the EMP Drone to be used at the start of a new round in multi-round game modes
- Stopping Power: We’ve doubled the amount of Stopping Power ammo given to Akimbo weapons
- Stun Grenades are now less intense
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
Campaign: While on Embassy, at the Green Beam checkpoint, players would not be able to progress in the mission after using the drone strike. This has been fixed.
- Operation Strongbox: Fix for the vault location/crypto key objective markers not displaying on the Tac-Map
- Operation Strongbox: Fixed a bug that prevented guided rockets from locking onto the enemy helicopter
- Operation Brimstone: Fixed a bug where objective icons were not appearing on the Tac-Map
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for sometimes jumping out of the plane into an out of bounds area
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for enemies not spawning in the plane if one player is outside of the plane during the regroup
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for Cruise Missile marking teammates as enemy targets
- Operation Just Reward: Fix for stealth being automatically broken when retrying the Operation
- Operation Just Reward: Enemy sentries will no longer shoot players parachuting in
- Rebalanced explosive damage against Juggernauts
- Fix for a bug where the Double Time Perk was not awarding the correct speed bonuses
- Fixed a camera bug that could sometimes drift off the while in the pickup truck
- Fix for icons not appearing correctly when using UAV
- Fix for exploit involving molotovs and munitions crates
- Fix for High Alert not triggering on suicide bombers or juggernauts
- Fix for throwing knife not killing enemies in 1 hit
- Fix for players respawning with empty ammo clips/magazines
- Fix for enemy melee attacks ignoring player armor
- Fix for Restock perk not showing grenades recharging
- Fix for Suicide Bombers playing their VO too frequently
- Fix for a bug that resulted in a player falling through the map upon spawning on a tank as it became full
- New weapons can be found on the ground and in Supply Boxes: 725 Shotgun, MK2 Carbine (Marksman Rifle), EBR-14 (Marksman Rifle) and the .50 GS (Handgun)
- Players who disconnect in Last Stand will now drop their items when leaving the game
- Fix for a bug where the animation for the player equipping a gas mask will interrupt and block players from deploying their parachute
- Tuned close up shotgun damage to prevent a single shotgun blast from downing a fully armored player. Stopping power can still make this happen
- Added Warzone specific controller button layouts. The Bumper Ping and Bumper Ping Flipped layouts will allow those playing Warzone with a controller to use the Ping feature more efficiently
- Players can no longer stack self-revive kits
- Players that are spectating still get plunder payouts from contracts but at only 40% of the value paid to living players
- Fixes to help prevent hitching when interacting with Cash Deposit Helicopters and Recon Contracts
- Fix for a rare bug that allowed players to equip two riot shields if they had two different camos, but only one would appear on the player
- Made it easier to see which item is selected while using a Buy Station
- Updated button layout for equipment while using gamepad
- Fixed a bug for players are not receiving a banner on the top right of the screen for allies or enemies initiating kill streaks
- Prevent bullets that hit the riot-shield from depleting player armor
- If a player flies the Recon Drone out of bounds, the player will hear the out of bounds countdown timer but will not see the countdown splash on their screen. This has been fixed
- Fix for various and potential exploits
- Field Upgrades: Fixed a bug where some Field Upgrades were not ending at the end of the pre-match
- Players will now get a kill when someone that you’ve downed, disconnects from the game
- Reduced the amount of cash given for averting a bounty
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $8,500
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
With the right attachments, the Sykov pistol is unstoppable at close-range. Here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Also, we recommend you finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early can cause issues with the progress not counting, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
How to unlock Akimbo for the Sykov pistol
What makes the Sykov so powerful is its Akimbo perk. This isn’t unlocked as a regular challenge, you’ll need to get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
The challenge description is reportedly bugged and will tell you to use the Renetti, but you need to use the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
Again, this challenge is easy in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. We recommend playing Hardcore Shipment and Shoothouse as you’ll get the kills in no time.
For Warzone, we recommend hopping into Plunder. Equip Mo’Money to your Sykov and take close-range fights and you should be able to get at least three kills.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
First look at Cold War & Warzone Season 3 art leaked
A first look at Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 3 artwork has leaked online.
Warzone will reportedly get NVIDIA DLSS support with Season 3
NVIDIA DLSS could bring new technology and support for PC players in Warzone.
Treyarch reverses some bans following Cold War Zombies Sail 630 Nuclear Bug
Treyarch have responded to Cold War Zombies players reports that they have been falsely banned after receiving the 'Sail 630...