Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 27.
The new patch update is version 1.18 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and version 1.01 for Call of Duty: Warzone (for those who are standalone Warzone downloads).
For Modern Warfare, this new patch debuts a brand new 6v6 map: Khandor Hideout. This map was teased in the original Season 2 roadmap and is now officially live for all players to checkout in game.
For Warzone players, this new update brings four new weapons to the loot pool in the game allowing for more variety to the weapon loot you can find on the map. The four new weapons include the 725 shotgun, MK2 Carbine, .50 GS, and EBR-14.
- New Coalition Operator, Talon!
- Khandor Hideout 24/7 Playlist in Modern Warfare Multiplayer!
- NVG Infected Multiplayer Mode – Infected in the Dark. Survivors have a thermal sight and limited NVG battery, but the Infected can see in Dark. Realism damage, so make those headshots count!
- Plunder: Blood Money – Guaranteed cash drops on all kills. Bounty Contracts and Finishing Moves pay extra cash!
- When using a Tactical Insertion in the crawl space near the oil derrick on Rust, the player will spawn elsewhere on the map instead of where the Tac Insert was placed. This has been fixed
- When using KBM, the navigation arrows used to change which Season you’re viewing go in the wrong direction. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the killcam showed the player they were killed by Thermite rather than underbarrel thermite
- In some cases, Xbox players might experience in-game stuttering after the console has been in Rest Mode and the “Instant On” setting is enabled. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could see Daily Challenges rewarding duplicate rewards instead of XP
- We now show weapon and equipment counts in the killcam. If a player was using Stopping Power, then the ammo count will be orange to denote this. We also show whether a player was using Dead Silence in the killcam as well
- Increased the max travel time for Crossbow bolts from 3 seconds to 6 seconds for longer distance shots
- Bolt action rechamber will no longer be retriggered if interrupted after the round has been ejected (this fixes an issue with redundant bolt action rechambers after weapon switches)
- Removing inaccurate attachment description from Solozero NVG Enhanced Scope: “Optic glint visible to enemies”
- Amped: Increased Amped reload speeds for the Strela-P, PILA, and JOKR
- E.O.D: Damage resistance fixes and tuning:
- Fixed an issue where Thermite equipment was not showing the damage resistance icon even though damage resistance was being applied
- Stuck Thermite and Thermite bolts no longer have their damage reduced
- Field Upgrade Pro: Stopped cases where failed Field Upgrade placements would cause equipment to be used
- Tactical Insert: Added broken Tactical Insert icon that is shown when the Tac Insert is destroyed
- Deployable Cover:
- Shotguns now destroy Deployable Cover with 3 melee hits
- Added damage stats for vehicle and thermite damage
- Fixed a bug where placing Deployable Cover on a door two times would allow the door to be moved
- EMP Drone: Allow the EMP Drone to be used at the start of a new round in multi-round game modes
- Stopping Power: We’ve doubled the amount of Stopping Power ammo given to Akimbo weapons
- Stun Grenades are now less intense
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
Campaign: While on Embassy, at the Green Beam checkpoint, players would not be able to progress in the mission after using the drone strike. This has been fixed.
- Operation Strongbox: Fix for the vault location/crypto key objective markers not displaying on the Tac-Map
- Operation Strongbox: Fixed a bug that prevented guided rockets from locking onto the enemy helicopter
- Operation Brimstone: Fixed a bug where objective icons were not appearing on the Tac-Map
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for sometimes jumping out of the plane into an out of bounds area
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for enemies not spawning in the plane if one player is outside of the plane during the regroup
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for Cruise Missile marking teammates as enemy targets
- Operation Just Reward: Fix for stealth being automatically broken when retrying the Operation
- Operation Just Reward: Enemy sentries will no longer shoot players parachuting in
- Rebalanced explosive damage against Juggernauts
- Fix for a bug where the Double Time Perk was not awarding the correct speed bonuses
- Fixed a camera bug that could sometimes drift off the while in the pickup truck
- Fix for icons not appearing correctly when using UAV
- Fix for exploit involving molotovs and munitions crates
- Fix for High Alert not triggering on suicide bombers or juggernauts
- Fix for throwing knife not killing enemies in 1 hit
- Fix for players respawning with empty ammo clips/magazines
- Fix for enemy melee attacks ignoring player armor
- Fix for Restock perk not showing grenades recharging
- Fix for Suicide Bombers playing their VO too frequently
- Fix for a bug that resulted in a player falling through the map upon spawning on a tank as it became full
- New weapons can be found on the ground and in Supply Boxes: 725 Shotgun, MK2 Carbine (Marksman Rifle), EBR-14 (Marksman Rifle) and the .50 GS (Handgun)
- Players who disconnect in Last Stand will now drop their items when leaving the game
- Fix for a bug where the animation for the player equipping a gas mask will interrupt and block players from deploying their parachute
- Tuned close up shotgun damage to prevent a single shotgun blast from downing a fully armored player. Stopping power can still make this happen
- Added Warzone specific controller button layouts. The Bumper Ping and Bumper Ping Flipped layouts will allow those playing Warzone with a controller to use the Ping feature more efficiently
- Players can no longer stack self-revive kits
- Players that are spectating still get plunder payouts from contracts but at only 40% of the value paid to living players
- Fixes to help prevent hitching when interacting with Cash Deposit Helicopters and Recon Contracts
- Fix for a rare bug that allowed players to equip two riot shields if they had two different camos, but only one would appear on the player
- Made it easier to see which item is selected while using a Buy Station
- Updated button layout for equipment while using gamepad
- Fixed a bug for players are not receiving a banner on the top right of the screen for allies or enemies initiating kill streaks
- Prevent bullets that hit the riot-shield from depleting player armor
- If a player flies the Recon Drone out of bounds, the player will hear the out of bounds countdown timer but will not see the countdown splash on their screen. This has been fixed
- Fix for various and potential exploits
- Field Upgrades: Fixed a bug where some Field Upgrades were not ending at the end of the pre-match
- Players will now get a kill when someone that you’ve downed, disconnects from the game
- Reduced the amount of cash given for averting a bounty
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $8,500
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 start date confirmed
There’s been a lot of confusion around if there would be a Season 6 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & Warzone, but now it’s officially confirmed.
The Call of Duty League team, Minnesota ROKKR, has tweeted out that they’re hosting a CDL Pros & content creators Warzone event for Season 6.
Season 6 in Modern Warfare and Warzone will begin on Tuesday, September 29.
There’s no news yet on what the Season will include in the content.
The Season will of course include a new Battle Pass, new MP content, and new Warzone content, but specifics have not been announced.
Stay tuned for the latest news on Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6 as Sept. 29 approaches.
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: New Playlists & Bundles
Activision Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for the week of September 4.
This week sees the continuation of Shoot the Ship, and new playlists like Ground War Reinfected, and more in MP.
And, in Warzone, Buy Back Quads playlist is available this weekend, alongside the standard BR Solos, Duo, Trios, and Quads.
This week will also see new store bundles for fans to pick up who want to customize their operators and weapons, including the Tracer Anime Pack and new Alex Bundle.
Here’s the breakdown from Activision Blog:
Shoot the Ship-tember continues with more 24/7 action of the fan-favorite playlist! Also play tight and tactical on the Gunfight Face Off moshpit, avoid the infected in Ground War Reinfected, and stock up on cash this weekend to get right back into the match in Buy Back Quads.
Get with your squad and battle in the Gunfight Face Off Moshpit. Enjoy standard Multiplayer modes like Cranked and Grind and be ready to employ a new set of strategies on these much smaller battlegrounds. Communication is key and consider crafting a loadout for the closer quarters of Gunfight maps.
Get three blueprints, a Riot Shield, melee weapon, and more in the ‘Tracer Pack Anime Super’ bundle. Give your enemies a deadly dusting of pink tracer fire courtesy of the Legendary assault rifle, Legendary SMG, or Epic assault rifle included in the bundle.
One of the Campaign’s heroes returns with a covert look in the ‘Alex: Death Stalker’ bundle. Get two Legendary blueprints for a complete silenced loadout and eliminate the opposition from the shadows in the latest threads for Alex.
Keep back from the horde and use the map to avoid and push back the infected in Ground War Reinfected. This large-scale Infected mode challenges you to play together with your team and watch out for any attacks from Infected players. Or join the legion of Infected, rise up, and take down anyone left standing.
Don’t stop fighting in Buy Back Quads, available only this weekend. Don’t spend all your money on Buy Stations instead have some handy to get back into the match, in case you face an unfortunate demise. Other Warzone modes available this week: Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Blood Money Trios.
Tune in this week for intense-action, fights for survival, and frenetic hot drops streaming #LivefromWarzone. A showdown is in the works on September 16 from 11AM – 2PM PT in Vikkstar’s Warzone Showdown. On September 17, link up with FaZe clan in the Twitch FaZe event featuring Duos and Quads matches with teams seeking the most eliminations.
Activision files cease and desist letter against another cheat manufacturer
Activision Blizzard continues to take down cheat manufacturer sites to stop the spread of different cheats for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone.
In August, the company filed a lawsuit against CXCheats for illegally creating cheats to be used in an IP owned by Activision Blizzard. CXCheats since deleted all cheats for Modern Warfare and Warzone in compliance with the lawsuit.
Now, in September, another large cheat manufacturer, GatorCheats, has said that Activision Blizzard has filed a cease and desist letter to stop them from making cheats for Call of Duty games.
The owner of GatorCheats said in their Discord that the first letter was filed by in May 2020, but they did not fully comply with that – opting to allow cheats to continue to be available.
In May 2020, Activision Blizzard’s attorneys contacted me via a Cease and Desist letter. Considering this event, I decided to act on my already pending decision to close all sales to new customers for my product relating to Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Activision has since escalated the requests. In Sept. 2020, the owner of GatorCheats claims that Activision Blizzard served another cease and desist letter. But, this time, a PI showed up at his residence with the letter and informed him of what Activision knows about their site and the owners behind it.
In September 2020, Activision Blizzard’s attorneys had another Cease and Desist letter hand delivered to me by who I assume was a PI, considering he knew my family members by name and made a point to showcase that he did. Also in September 2020, I received very clear communication in a follow up from Activision Blizzard’s attorneys communicating that they would litigate (file a law suit against me) if I didn’t comply with continuation of stopped sales as well as a complete stoppage of interaction with and updating of any products related to their client’s products.
The full letter from the owner states that he will “never make or create” a cheat for an Activision Blizzard product again after receiving the letters and a visit from them at his house.
Activision has not commented on their anti-cheat initiatives since June, where the company said they continue to ban players on a regular basis.
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...
Snipers in Black Ops Cold War alpha intentionally overpowered to test balance
Treyarch’s Designer Tony Flame has stated on Twitter that the team intentionally overpowered the sniper rifles in the alpha. One...