Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 27.
The new patch update is version 1.18 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and version 1.01 for Call of Duty: Warzone (for those who are standalone Warzone downloads).
For Modern Warfare, this new patch debuts a brand new 6v6 map: Khandor Hideout. This map was teased in the original Season 2 roadmap and is now officially live for all players to checkout in game.
For Warzone players, this new update brings four new weapons to the loot pool in the game allowing for more variety to the weapon loot you can find on the map. The four new weapons include the 725 shotgun, MK2 Carbine, .50 GS, and EBR-14.
- New Coalition Operator, Talon!
- Khandor Hideout 24/7 Playlist in Modern Warfare Multiplayer!
- NVG Infected Multiplayer Mode – Infected in the Dark. Survivors have a thermal sight and limited NVG battery, but the Infected can see in Dark. Realism damage, so make those headshots count!
- Plunder: Blood Money – Guaranteed cash drops on all kills. Bounty Contracts and Finishing Moves pay extra cash!
- When using a Tactical Insertion in the crawl space near the oil derrick on Rust, the player will spawn elsewhere on the map instead of where the Tac Insert was placed. This has been fixed
- When using KBM, the navigation arrows used to change which Season you’re viewing go in the wrong direction. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the killcam showed the player they were killed by Thermite rather than underbarrel thermite
- In some cases, Xbox players might experience in-game stuttering after the console has been in Rest Mode and the “Instant On” setting is enabled. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could see Daily Challenges rewarding duplicate rewards instead of XP
- We now show weapon and equipment counts in the killcam. If a player was using Stopping Power, then the ammo count will be orange to denote this. We also show whether a player was using Dead Silence in the killcam as well
- Increased the max travel time for Crossbow bolts from 3 seconds to 6 seconds for longer distance shots
- Bolt action rechamber will no longer be retriggered if interrupted after the round has been ejected (this fixes an issue with redundant bolt action rechambers after weapon switches)
- Removing inaccurate attachment description from Solozero NVG Enhanced Scope: “Optic glint visible to enemies”
- Amped: Increased Amped reload speeds for the Strela-P, PILA, and JOKR
- E.O.D: Damage resistance fixes and tuning:
- Fixed an issue where Thermite equipment was not showing the damage resistance icon even though damage resistance was being applied
- Stuck Thermite and Thermite bolts no longer have their damage reduced
- Field Upgrade Pro: Stopped cases where failed Field Upgrade placements would cause equipment to be used
- Tactical Insert: Added broken Tactical Insert icon that is shown when the Tac Insert is destroyed
- Deployable Cover:
- Shotguns now destroy Deployable Cover with 3 melee hits
- Added damage stats for vehicle and thermite damage
- Fixed a bug where placing Deployable Cover on a door two times would allow the door to be moved
- EMP Drone: Allow the EMP Drone to be used at the start of a new round in multi-round game modes
- Stopping Power: We’ve doubled the amount of Stopping Power ammo given to Akimbo weapons
- Stun Grenades are now less intense
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
Campaign: While on Embassy, at the Green Beam checkpoint, players would not be able to progress in the mission after using the drone strike. This has been fixed.
- Operation Strongbox: Fix for the vault location/crypto key objective markers not displaying on the Tac-Map
- Operation Strongbox: Fixed a bug that prevented guided rockets from locking onto the enemy helicopter
- Operation Brimstone: Fixed a bug where objective icons were not appearing on the Tac-Map
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for sometimes jumping out of the plane into an out of bounds area
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for enemies not spawning in the plane if one player is outside of the plane during the regroup
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for Cruise Missile marking teammates as enemy targets
- Operation Just Reward: Fix for stealth being automatically broken when retrying the Operation
- Operation Just Reward: Enemy sentries will no longer shoot players parachuting in
- Rebalanced explosive damage against Juggernauts
- Fix for a bug where the Double Time Perk was not awarding the correct speed bonuses
- Fixed a camera bug that could sometimes drift off the while in the pickup truck
- Fix for icons not appearing correctly when using UAV
- Fix for exploit involving molotovs and munitions crates
- Fix for High Alert not triggering on suicide bombers or juggernauts
- Fix for throwing knife not killing enemies in 1 hit
- Fix for players respawning with empty ammo clips/magazines
- Fix for enemy melee attacks ignoring player armor
- Fix for Restock perk not showing grenades recharging
- Fix for Suicide Bombers playing their VO too frequently
- Fix for a bug that resulted in a player falling through the map upon spawning on a tank as it became full
- New weapons can be found on the ground and in Supply Boxes: 725 Shotgun, MK2 Carbine (Marksman Rifle), EBR-14 (Marksman Rifle) and the .50 GS (Handgun)
- Players who disconnect in Last Stand will now drop their items when leaving the game
- Fix for a bug where the animation for the player equipping a gas mask will interrupt and block players from deploying their parachute
- Tuned close up shotgun damage to prevent a single shotgun blast from downing a fully armored player. Stopping power can still make this happen
- Added Warzone specific controller button layouts. The Bumper Ping and Bumper Ping Flipped layouts will allow those playing Warzone with a controller to use the Ping feature more efficiently
- Players can no longer stack self-revive kits
- Players that are spectating still get plunder payouts from contracts but at only 40% of the value paid to living players
- Fixes to help prevent hitching when interacting with Cash Deposit Helicopters and Recon Contracts
- Fix for a rare bug that allowed players to equip two riot shields if they had two different camos, but only one would appear on the player
- Made it easier to see which item is selected while using a Buy Station
- Updated button layout for equipment while using gamepad
- Fixed a bug for players are not receiving a banner on the top right of the screen for allies or enemies initiating kill streaks
- Prevent bullets that hit the riot-shield from depleting player armor
- If a player flies the Recon Drone out of bounds, the player will hear the out of bounds countdown timer but will not see the countdown splash on their screen. This has been fixed
- Fix for various and potential exploits
- Field Upgrades: Fixed a bug where some Field Upgrades were not ending at the end of the pre-match
- Players will now get a kill when someone that you’ve downed, disconnects from the game
- Reduced the amount of cash given for averting a bounty
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $8,500
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
NICKMERCS explains why he believes Modern Warfare is overrated
Top Twitch streamer NICKMERCS has explained why he believes Call of Duty players think Modern Warfare 2019 is better than it is.
Even though Modern Warfare 2 is almost here, 2019’s Modern Warfare still has an incredibly active player base. However, top streamer Nick ‘NICKMERCS’ Kolcheff has explained why Modern Warfare 2019 might not be as good as you think.
Modern Warfare 2019 was the beginning of the Call of Duty franchise as we know it today — for better or worse, depending on who you ask. It brought doors to multiplayer, the Battle Pass, Gunsmith, Warzone, and the live-service seasonal content.
Modern Warfare 2 arrives October 28, bringing new weapons, Warzone 2, and an overhauled Gunsmith. But, top streamer NICKMERCS looked back on Modern Warfare 2019 and explained why he doesn’t believe it’s as good as you think.
“I mean this when I say this, they have not put out a good Call of Duty in years. It has been f***ing years,” claimed NICKMERCS, believing that Warzone has saved CoD. “It really did since Black Ops 3. Black Ops 3 was the last incredible Call of Duty.”
“Modern Warfare was not good. That MW game was f***ing cap… it was okay,” he continued, giving his theory on why players look back on Modern Warfare 2019 so fondly.
“You know what it was? It’s like when you eat a bad meal four or five times and then you have a good meal, so you think it’s great. It was the fact that it’s surrounded by terrible Call of Dutys.”
“You have like two or three back-to-back-to-back really bad Call of Dutys then MW,” elaborated Nick. “MW was like a decent Call of Duty, it wasn’t trash, right? Then after that, you had another two or three bad Call of Dutys.”
With Modern Warfare being the only Call of Duty game that wasn’t “trash” in recent years, Nick believes that it’s considered to be a lot better than it actually is.
He’s hopeful for Modern Warfare 2 though, saying that if the rumors of it bringing weapons and maps from the original MW2 are true, then they “can’t f**k it up.”
Image Credit: NICKMERCS
Modern Warfare players furious as new update makes graphics even worse
Issues with Modern Warfare’s graphics are leaving players furious as they look to enjoy the game ahead of MW2.
With Modern Warfare 2 on the horizon, players have gone back to experience everything Modern Warfare has to offer, but graphics issues are resulting in a frustrating ordeal.
Both Cold War and Vanguard arrived after 2019’s Modern Warfare, yet players continue to enjoy the Infinity Ward-developed Call of Duty title. The game is beloved by fans of the franchise and many are flocking back to Modern Warfare ahead of Modern Warfare 2‘s October 28 release date.
Unfortunately, the quality of the game has taken a major dip with recent updates practically breaking Modern Warfare’s graphics. Not only are players furious with the storage demands of these recent updates, but they’re not pleased with the visual issues that have appeared.
In case you missed it, Modern Warfare 2 will be the Infinity Ward-developed direct sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. In an attempt to get a taste of what’s ahead, players have returned to Modern Warfare as the style of play and feel will be similar to Modern Warfare 2.
Previously, issues have been plaguing PlayStation 5 players as the game was rendered unplayable. Fans of the game called out the lack of dev support for the title. Although it’s only natural that the devs focus on delivering a polished Modern Warfare 2 experience, players are disappointed with the current state of Modern Warfare.
Players were shocked by the continued updates for the game that came with a massive download size. In addition, it seems the graphic issues that have appeared as a result of the updates are having a negative impact on players’ perception of MW2: “This just made me not want to purchase mw2.”
Some players questioned if the game was beyond repair at this point with comments like, “this looks like things just got deleted to me, unplayable,” and “another update that further destabilizes the matrix.”
While it is understandable that the devs prioritize the new title, one player suggests that these issues could lead to the poor perception of MW2: “I gotta say, this event is giving a more negative feedback response from the community.”
It’s unfortunate that CoD fans are unable to enjoy the game to build hype for MW2. With the devs focused on the new title, most players agreed that the state of Modern Warfare would not improve, but we’ll keep you posted if it does.
For more, check out the one rumored feature that CoD players would be thrilled to discover in Modern Warfare 2.
Image Credit: Activision
Modern Warfare players slam state of “unplayable” game on PS5
Modern Warfare players have hit out at the condition of the game on PS5, after visual issues have left the game “unplayable.”
Modern Warfare players have hit out at the current condition of the game on PS5, after visual issues and glitches have left the 2019 CoD title “unplayable.”
Despite being nearly three years old, 2019’s Modern Warfare has still retained a healthy player count. With Vanguard failing to make a big impact with the community, those looking for an alternative to Warzone have flocked back to Infinity Ward’s last release.
However, since Modern Warfare is no longer the main focus of the devs, who are gearing up for Modern Warfare 2 later in 2022, fans have been growing frustrated with the condition the game is in.
A number of bugs and glitches have cropped up, and the game appears to be completely broken on PlayStation 5.
Reddit user BchLasagna uploaded a clip on August 7 simply titled: “The state of Modern Warfare on PS5.” It showed the beginning of a Ground War match on Krovnik Farmland, but the map was unrecognizable due to severe visual issues.
Textures on many of the map’s key features had failed to load in, leaving the game looking like a mess. The ground had no grass or detail on it, while trees were replaced with floating blobs of green and brown.
The Redditor added that it “stayed like this the entire game,” ruining the match for everyone in the lobby.
Other players on PS5 have reported similar issues, while some claimed it was actually affecting gameplay. “It’s not even just a visual issue, you sink into the ground and can’t see anything. Makes it unplayable basically,” said Ram5673.
Meanwhile, many replies called out the devs for allowing Modern Warfare to reach this state, especially since the game worked fine when it was the current CoD release. “This game has been crapped all over by the devs. It comes very low on their priorities,” replied Zimifrein.
It’s no surprise that with Modern Warfare 2 set to drop very soon, Infinity Ward’s focus is mostly on the sequel. However, the players that still enjoy Modern Warfare regularly will be hoping to see the problems on PS5 solved sooner rather than later.
For more on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, check out how to fix error 5476 and which packs you need to download for its multiplayer.
Image credits: Activision
New FIFA 23 FUT Hero cards revealed: Yaya Toure, Forlan, Mascherano, more
FUT Hero cards are set to return as an exciting item in FIFA 23's Ultimate Team mode. Here's a look...
Warzone 2 leak claims long-awaited console FOV slider is coming to sequel
According to a top Warzone player's leak, the long-awaited FOV slider could be available to Warzone 2 console players upon...
How to use Doomsday Station in Warzone & unlock unique cosmetic
The Doomsday Station is making its way to Caldera with the Warzone Season 5 update, and here's how the device...