A new patch update for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (version 1.05) is now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is a 1.3GB download on PS4 and Xbox One, and a 800MB download on PC.
New patch notes:
- Fixed an issue to make sure the appropriate win/loss is given if the match ends before the forfeit timer finishes.
- Fixed several map exploits on the following maps: Skydock, Precinct, Frost, Genesis, Crusher, Terminal, Retaliation, Mayday, Throwback, Scorch, Grounded, Frontier
- Fixed an issue where Mission Team challenge progress would not display properly in round based modes.
- Fix for Warfighter ‘Ping’ Trait Challenge.
- Hardcore: Score popup is now shown in the HUD. Selected killstreaks are now shown in the HUD
- Fixed issues with the Nuke killstreak in round based modes.
- Fixed an issue where joining a match in progress and losing would end your win streak.
- Fixed an issue with force spawning users without a loadout selected in Custom matches.
- End of match combat now occurs in Uplink. Scoring is disabled once the match timer hits 0.
- Various winner’s circle updates and bug fixes.
- Infected updates: XP Updates – Survivors can earn more score / XP on kills. All Infected players now earn assist point whenever a Survivor is killed. Slowed down the Infected move speed slightly. Infected now have a red electric effect to better distinguish them from normal Synaptics. More weapons will be added in a future update, we promise they are coming!
- Fixed an issue to make sure the appropriate win/loss is given if the match ends before the forfeit timer finishes.
Original Patch Notes:
- Notification for the “latest” calling cards from drops
- Fix to Taunt menu selection and audio queues
- Fix for Orion Initiative Mission Team Commander congratulations call out after ranking up
- Fix for accessories not remaining equipped after leaving menu
- Joining a game in-progress and then losing no longer ends your win streak
- Adjusted overlap of text in Calling Card and Emblem menus
- The “Good Citizen” Medal is now correctly awarded to the player who owned the package, not the one who picked it up
- Fix for being awarded Scrap Assist points after dealing damage to a friendly Shock Sentry
- Fix for one of the Synaptic Taunts not appearing correctly
- Adjustment to the Banshee ammo counter animation
- Added ricochet to the Epic Oni variant, Kaiken
- Fixed a bug where an error would occur after calling in a UAV
- Fixed a bug when holding a weapon and gesturing
- Fix for players being given Missions for Rigs that are not currently unlocked
- Fixed a bug where the Banshee – Siren wasn’t having an impact on other players after being damaged
- Fix for the HUD Uplink satellite drone icon not showing which team controls the drone while in splitscreen
- Fixed a timing bug where a turret would linger on a dead target before proceeding to target another enemy
- Fixed an issue where a player would get the wrong mission in a match
- Fixed a freeze issue when attempting to access the Store
- Fixed a bug where splitscreen users were unable to change their team or role in custom games
- Fix for a bug on Frontier where shadows would flicker in the hallway in splitscreen
- Adjusted the killcam when a player is killed by a Bio Spike on Frontier
- Fixes to map exploits across various maps
- Added function to allow the user to rotate a weapon in the Loadout select menu
- Fixed a bug that would kick a player to the Main Menu when using the Steel Dragon Payload
- Fixed a bug for secondary controllers for users in splitscreen
- Fixed crash that would occur after map restarts
- Fix for users seeing repeat Rig videos
- Removed “Connecting to Matchmaking Service” text in Loadout menu after searching for a Public Match
- Fixed an issue in splitscreen where both users would be kicked from the Loadout Menu if scrolling through it at the same time
- Fixed a bug where users were able to temporarily gain access to locked Loadout slots
- Fixed a bug in splitscreen where a user who enters Prestige would see red on the screen and would cause the player to lose Create A Class functionality, revealing placeholder icons
- Adjusted the death camera from penetrating into corpses on the map
- Fixed a bug on Genesis where the Vulture could get stuck inside of buildings
- Fixed a bug where bots would hover around the position of a dropped flag by the opposing team in CTF
- Fix for various overlapping texts in some menus
- Fixed a bug to ensure the location map for deploying Bombardment and Scorcher streaks wouldn’t be cut off when in splitscreen
- Fix for the cook timer being visually offset in splitscreen
- Fixed a bug for hipfire spread with the DMC-8 Epitaph
- Fixed an error message and/or infinite loading screen after buying the Season Pass (only specific languages)
- Fix for possible stat loss when signing into the same PSN account on multiple consoles
- Fixed an issue the reticles on the DMR-1 Spectacle variant are scoped causing the reticles to overlap the edges of sight in-game
- Luitween Error fix – please let us know if you still experience this and where
- Various lobby merging lobby fixes
- Splitscreen players will now be awarded Keys and Mission Team Rank
- Fixed a bug in the Quartermaster screen that would cause hitching after opening a drop
- Moved Gender Voice Option to Rig Appearance Menu
Zombies in Spaceland:
- Potential Luitween Error fix – please let us know if you still experience this in Zombies!
- Further work to ensure AFK players don’t stay in the game and continue to matchmaking
- The Headcutter damage exploit vs. Alien has been balanced
- Adjustment to pause menu visuals during splitscreen
Xbox One Specific:
- Fix for muting players via “View Gamercard” option
- Fixed hitching on Xbox while in a Private Party
- Fixed a rare audio related crash
- Fixed a bug where the title doesn’t transition into an active Zombies Custom Match that has been paused
- Fixed an issue where a player would be kicked from SnD for properly configured voice settings if the controller disconnects
- Fixed an issue where users with long usernames would overflow out of the boundaries of the match loading screen
- Fixed a bug where a user could exceed the 10 point Loadout limit
- Fixed a bug where special characters in a username would cause stuttering for other players
- Fixed the keybind option for Taunts in Winner’s Circle
- Fix for a framerate hitch that causes audio issues when a player progresses from one level to the next in SP
- Added mouse support to the lobby member slide feature
- Fixed a bug when text and voice communications were set to “block”, text communications were still displayed
- Fixed a bug where the game stop responding if a player switched from windowed to full screen
- Fixed a bug where multiple keybinds are getting unbound if a player uses the Copy Keys from mode to mode
- Fixed an issue where PC buttons will briefly display the old help buttons when disabling a gamepad
- Fix to 3rd person spectator showing zoomed in winner’s circle
- Add a sync intermission countdown with the host in CODCaster
- Adjustments to team colors/logos in CODCaster
- Fix for menus in CODCaster while in splitscreen
- Removing ricochet tracers for energy weapons in CWL
- Fixed a bug where changes to Team Settings in CODCaster would be reflected in the previous game’s match summary
- Added a “Follow Drone Camera” feature to CODCaster where the drone will be followed when thrown by the spectated player
- Fixed a bug where the Objective Status in the Display Settings is set to “on”, the screen would display red for allies and enemies
- Payload rate changes: Disable Payload charge over time. Adjust Payload Score modifiers for each mode to balance Payload earn rates from score actions
- Support for MLG.tv
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Estimated total number of players on PlayStation 4 for each Call of Duty title since 2013
Last week, Sony launched the PS4 My Life campaign which allows PlayStation 4 players to see some of their stats. Statistics include overall play-time, top 3 most-played games, rarest trophy, and more.
The rarest trophy statistic provides the exact number of players who earned said trophy. Using this data, Redditor /u/Kalinine has created a report on /r/CallofDuty estimating the total number of players each Call of Duty title since 2013 received on PlayStation 4.
It’s important to note that these are simply rough estimations – Activision has not confirmed these numbers.
Black Ops 4’s numbers will appear significantly low due to releasing only 2 months ago. The influx of players from Christmas also have yet to arrive.
In order of highest player count to lowest…
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 54.7M
- Call of Duty: WWII – 25.5M
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 21.3M
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – 18.4M
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 13.2M
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – 10.6M
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – 9.8M
Black Ops III’s player count is incredibly high, likely to it being available for free to all PlayStation Plus members from June 12th to July 11th, 2018.
While this is a rough idea of total player counts, there’s still many variables which contribute to its inaccuracy.
- It’s assumed that the numbers are global, however this cannot be confirmed.
- It’s not known whether these numbers are players who launched the titles or simply had them installed.
- According to Redditors, the numbers span only from November 20th to December 4th, 2018.
- The author of the report did not include Trophies with a percentage lower than 0.5% to reduce inaccuracy.
What are your thoughts on these numbers? While it may seem worrying to see Black Ops 4’s numbers low, it’s important to take into account all of the aforementioned points.
All Call of Duty titles on sale for Steam Winter and Xbox Countdown sales
The holidays are here! Steam and Xbox have launched their Winter and Countdown sales respectively. From the original Call of Duty up to Black Ops 4, plenty of Call of Duty titles are on sale on both platforms.
Steam’s Winter Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019 at 10AM PT. All prices are in US Dollar.
It’s important to note that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, is available exclusively on Battle.net for PC and thus is not included.
- Call of Duty – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive – $9.79 (-51%)
- Call of Duty 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $29.39 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $33.99 (-66%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – $44.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $29.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: WWII – $35.99 (-40%)
Xbox One / Xbox 360
Xbox’s Countdown Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019. All prices are in US Dollar. Xbox Live Gold members also receive up to an additional 10% off.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Legacy Edition – $47.99 (-40%) / $39.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Launch Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $23.99 (-40%) / $19.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Gold Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Ops Pass – $47.49 (-5%) / $42.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe Enhanced – $123.49 (-5%) / $110.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe – $94.99 (-5%) / $84.99 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – $44.99 (-25%) / $38.99 (-35%)
All of the following Xbox 360 titles are Backwards Compatible on Xbox One.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $11.99 (-40%) / $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $17.99 (-40%) / $14.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $14.99 (-15%) / $17.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Bundle (incl. Black Ops) – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
Do you plan to pick up any of the titles while they’re on-sale?
Call of Duty Cyber Monday – Receive 40% off WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items
Cyber Monday 2018 deals have gone live on the Call of Duty Shop website until Wednesday, November 28th, 2018.
COD40CM on the Call of Duty Shop website for up to 40% off on WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items (excluding select items).
Here are some of the Items which should be eligible for the promotion, check out all of them at shop.callofduty.com.
$159.95 ($95.97 with code)
$29.95 ($17.97 with code)
$21.95 ($13.17 with code)
At the time of writing it is unknown exactly how many items are applicable to this deal, be sure to verify during checkout.
Do you plan to take advantage of these deals? Let us know your thoughts.
‘EngineOwning’ cheats detected by Warzone as users get banned
Another massive cheat creation site called “EngineOwning” is now become unusable in Call of Duty: Warzone. Infinity Ward, alongside Raven...
New streak ‘Foresight’ added to Warzone
Infinity Ward devs have added in a new killstreak as part of the Season 6 update, which was not announced...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 Update: Patch Notes
Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on...