A new patch update for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (version 1.05) is now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is a 1.3GB download on PS4 and Xbox One, and a 800MB download on PC.
New patch notes:
- Fixed an issue to make sure the appropriate win/loss is given if the match ends before the forfeit timer finishes.
- Fixed several map exploits on the following maps: Skydock, Precinct, Frost, Genesis, Crusher, Terminal, Retaliation, Mayday, Throwback, Scorch, Grounded, Frontier
- Fixed an issue where Mission Team challenge progress would not display properly in round based modes.
- Fix for Warfighter ‘Ping’ Trait Challenge.
- Hardcore: Score popup is now shown in the HUD. Selected killstreaks are now shown in the HUD
- Fixed issues with the Nuke killstreak in round based modes.
- Fixed an issue where joining a match in progress and losing would end your win streak.
- Fixed an issue with force spawning users without a loadout selected in Custom matches.
- End of match combat now occurs in Uplink. Scoring is disabled once the match timer hits 0.
- Various winner’s circle updates and bug fixes.
- Infected updates: XP Updates – Survivors can earn more score / XP on kills. All Infected players now earn assist point whenever a Survivor is killed. Slowed down the Infected move speed slightly. Infected now have a red electric effect to better distinguish them from normal Synaptics. More weapons will be added in a future update, we promise they are coming!
- Fixed an issue to make sure the appropriate win/loss is given if the match ends before the forfeit timer finishes.
Original Patch Notes:
- Notification for the “latest” calling cards from drops
- Fix to Taunt menu selection and audio queues
- Fix for Orion Initiative Mission Team Commander congratulations call out after ranking up
- Fix for accessories not remaining equipped after leaving menu
- Joining a game in-progress and then losing no longer ends your win streak
- Adjusted overlap of text in Calling Card and Emblem menus
- The “Good Citizen” Medal is now correctly awarded to the player who owned the package, not the one who picked it up
- Fix for being awarded Scrap Assist points after dealing damage to a friendly Shock Sentry
- Fix for one of the Synaptic Taunts not appearing correctly
- Adjustment to the Banshee ammo counter animation
- Added ricochet to the Epic Oni variant, Kaiken
- Fixed a bug where an error would occur after calling in a UAV
- Fixed a bug when holding a weapon and gesturing
- Fix for players being given Missions for Rigs that are not currently unlocked
- Fixed a bug where the Banshee – Siren wasn’t having an impact on other players after being damaged
- Fix for the HUD Uplink satellite drone icon not showing which team controls the drone while in splitscreen
- Fixed a timing bug where a turret would linger on a dead target before proceeding to target another enemy
- Fixed an issue where a player would get the wrong mission in a match
- Fixed a freeze issue when attempting to access the Store
- Fixed a bug where splitscreen users were unable to change their team or role in custom games
- Fix for a bug on Frontier where shadows would flicker in the hallway in splitscreen
- Adjusted the killcam when a player is killed by a Bio Spike on Frontier
- Fixes to map exploits across various maps
- Added function to allow the user to rotate a weapon in the Loadout select menu
- Fixed a bug that would kick a player to the Main Menu when using the Steel Dragon Payload
- Fixed a bug for secondary controllers for users in splitscreen
- Fixed crash that would occur after map restarts
- Fix for users seeing repeat Rig videos
- Removed “Connecting to Matchmaking Service” text in Loadout menu after searching for a Public Match
- Fixed an issue in splitscreen where both users would be kicked from the Loadout Menu if scrolling through it at the same time
- Fixed a bug where users were able to temporarily gain access to locked Loadout slots
- Fixed a bug in splitscreen where a user who enters Prestige would see red on the screen and would cause the player to lose Create A Class functionality, revealing placeholder icons
- Adjusted the death camera from penetrating into corpses on the map
- Fixed a bug on Genesis where the Vulture could get stuck inside of buildings
- Fixed a bug where bots would hover around the position of a dropped flag by the opposing team in CTF
- Fix for various overlapping texts in some menus
- Fixed a bug to ensure the location map for deploying Bombardment and Scorcher streaks wouldn’t be cut off when in splitscreen
- Fix for the cook timer being visually offset in splitscreen
- Fixed a bug for hipfire spread with the DMC-8 Epitaph
- Fixed an error message and/or infinite loading screen after buying the Season Pass (only specific languages)
- Fix for possible stat loss when signing into the same PSN account on multiple consoles
- Fixed an issue the reticles on the DMR-1 Spectacle variant are scoped causing the reticles to overlap the edges of sight in-game
- Luitween Error fix – please let us know if you still experience this and where
- Various lobby merging lobby fixes
- Splitscreen players will now be awarded Keys and Mission Team Rank
- Fixed a bug in the Quartermaster screen that would cause hitching after opening a drop
- Moved Gender Voice Option to Rig Appearance Menu
Zombies in Spaceland:
- Potential Luitween Error fix – please let us know if you still experience this in Zombies!
- Further work to ensure AFK players don’t stay in the game and continue to matchmaking
- The Headcutter damage exploit vs. Alien has been balanced
- Adjustment to pause menu visuals during splitscreen
Xbox One Specific:
- Fix for muting players via “View Gamercard” option
- Fixed hitching on Xbox while in a Private Party
- Fixed a rare audio related crash
- Fixed a bug where the title doesn’t transition into an active Zombies Custom Match that has been paused
- Fixed an issue where a player would be kicked from SnD for properly configured voice settings if the controller disconnects
- Fixed an issue where users with long usernames would overflow out of the boundaries of the match loading screen
- Fixed a bug where a user could exceed the 10 point Loadout limit
- Fixed a bug where special characters in a username would cause stuttering for other players
- Fixed the keybind option for Taunts in Winner’s Circle
- Fix for a framerate hitch that causes audio issues when a player progresses from one level to the next in SP
- Added mouse support to the lobby member slide feature
- Fixed a bug when text and voice communications were set to “block”, text communications were still displayed
- Fixed a bug where the game stop responding if a player switched from windowed to full screen
- Fixed a bug where multiple keybinds are getting unbound if a player uses the Copy Keys from mode to mode
- Fixed an issue where PC buttons will briefly display the old help buttons when disabling a gamepad
- Fix to 3rd person spectator showing zoomed in winner’s circle
- Add a sync intermission countdown with the host in CODCaster
- Adjustments to team colors/logos in CODCaster
- Fix for menus in CODCaster while in splitscreen
- Removing ricochet tracers for energy weapons in CWL
- Fixed a bug where changes to Team Settings in CODCaster would be reflected in the previous game’s match summary
- Added a “Follow Drone Camera” feature to CODCaster where the drone will be followed when thrown by the spectated player
- Fixed a bug where the Objective Status in the Display Settings is set to “on”, the screen would display red for allies and enemies
- Payload rate changes: Disable Payload charge over time. Adjust Payload Score modifiers for each mode to balance Payload earn rates from score actions
- Support for MLG.tv
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How to get Warzone Phoenix Inferno blueprint
Warzone players love a good weapon blueprint, especially ones with as much detail as the latest Phoenix Inferno blueprint for...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...