A new patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is now live on PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The version number is 1.10, and its around 1.2GB size update (size may vary by platform and region).
- New “Music Tracks” option is available in the Option Menu. Players are now able to choose which music plays in the Multiplayer Frontend, or select to have no music at all.
- Updated the “100 Percenter” Calling Card art and moved the challenge from Dark Ops to the main screen to reflect status as a “Challenge Master” reward.
- Improved stability when accepting an invite without the title booted.
- [PS4] Improved messaging when a Player without Eclipse attempts to join a Player with Eclipse in the Main Menu.
- Leaderboards are now accessible after Maintenance messages are dismissed.
- Fixed an error when returning to the lobby from a Custom Game match if the Hardcore game rule was enabled.
- Rejack ability will now properly have a smoke effect if used while a Power Core Scorestreak is in effect.
- Power Core
- Resolved an issue where the Power Core was not destroying an enemy H.A.T.R.
- [PS4] Verge
- Fixed an issue where the Talon Scorestreak was able to navigate underneath the map in various locations.
- The Hardpoint location next to the Southern bridge can no longer be captured from the outer side of the Northern walls.
- Placed proper Player and Scorestreak collision on the back of the boat, in the river on the South end of the map.
- Improved building appearance in the Northwest corner of the map.
- Going behind the boulder on the street-side cliff is now considered out-of-bounds.
- Improved bot pathing in the river during Custom Game matches.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to stand on an unintended ledge.
- Players are no longer able to mantle into some of the rocks.
- Improved Player collision around Point B in the Domination game mode.
- Players are no longer able to use Ruin’s Overdrive ability to run outside the boundaries in the Southeast corner of the map.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to reach a particular metal beam in the center of the map.
- [PS4] Knockout
- Addressed an issue where Players could stand on the gate next to the cliff path.
- Fixed Player camera intersecting the edge of gate near one of the gongs.
- Fixed issues where the Players were able to stand in unintended areas next to the white dragon banner and the red veranda.
- Fixed spawn issues at the beginning of 8-Player Gun Game and Free-for-All matches.
- The Talon Scorestreak is no longer able to navigate inside the mountainous area around the Eastern edge of the map.
- [PS4] Spire
- Improved Player mantling across multiple objects in the map.
- Fixed issues where the Talon Scorestreak was able to navigate to unintended areas beneath the outer catwalks.
- [PS4] Rift
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to shoot through the window into the train.
- Improved map performance near the stairsteps of the East platform.
- Placed object in front of the barn’s woodpile, in order to close up the line of sight toward the wall run.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to mantle to an unintended area near the cave.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to reach an exploitable area next to the waterfall.
- Addressed an exploit near the wall, North of the palace.
- Players are no longer able to mantle into the ticket booth next to the starting area spawn.
- Custom Games
- Updated Official CWL Variants with new restricted items.
- Additional item restrictions implemented in Arena.
- Sixth Sense
- Hardened Sentry
- Trip Mine
- Shock Charge
- New “Scrim Series” playlist introduced to Arena.
- Play the official CWL game modes, maps, and rulesets.
- No Protect & Ban, No Specialist Draft.
- Additional item restrictions implemented in Arena.
- Resolved an issue where certain player-controlled Scorestreaks were not counting toward the teamkill kick limit.
- Fixed a bug causing loss of functionality when activating a GobbleGum machine.
- Resolved a bug causing the wrong menu item to be highlighted when backing out of a Public Match Lobby as the client.
- Resolved a bug causing the wrong menu item to be highlighted when first entering Zombies.
- Resolved a freeze in Theater regarding the creation of clips that include the level shortcut event on Shadows Of Evil.
- Addressed an issue where players would still be targeted after activating the “In Plain Sight” GobbleGum.
- Implemented various fixes for cases that caused a host migration to fail.
Shadows of Evil
- Fixed a stability issue encountered while completing the Easter Egg.
- Removed the depletion of Beast mode during a host migration.
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to leave the playable space.
- Fixed a bug causing the Margwa to still target players in Beast mode or while using the “In Plain Sight” GobbleGum.
- Resolved an XP exploit regarding the Fly Trap Easter Egg.
- Added missing animations for Zombies that are affected by the “Pop Shocks” GobbleGum.
- Fixed a rare crash loading The Giant.
- Resolved an issue causing unsmooth movement for clients navigating while in low gravity.
- Fixed a rare bug regarding incorrect FX appearing on zombies while they are being consumed by the dragons.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed use of the Ragnarok DG-4 to avoid death during a rocket test fire.
Zetsubou No Shima
- Resolved steaming issues on perk machines and spider web walls.
- Resolved a bug that prevented muting of other players on the scoreboard.
- Addressed several issues with spider pathing.
- Fixed various death barriers around the level.
- Fixed an exploit created by zombies getting caught on spider webs indefinitely.
- Resolved issues with electricity effects being stuck on a player’s screen after charging their shield with lightning.
- Resolved a crash that occurs when picking up the Skull of Nan Sapwe after a player had left a public game.
- Balanced Skull of Nan Sapwe weapon depletion and recharge rates.
- Fixed an issue causing the players to lose their weapons when picking up the KT-4 while using the Skull of Nan Sapwe.
- Fixed an issue causing the Skull of Nan Sapwe energy to deplete immediately upon activation.
- Resolved issue blocking players from buying perks after respawning from an imprint plant.
- Fixed instances of player being unable to pick up the KT-4 underwater plant ingredient.
- Removed exploit allowing players to jump on top of plants.
- Resolved an entity limit crash in split screen.
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to skip the Easter Egg boss battle and see the narrative in-game cutscene.
- Added new Create Public Game option for DOA II in the lobby.
- ROJ Guardian hitpoints clamped.
- Silverback movement speed adjustments. Speed reduced 3%
- Silverback more likely to use/chain special attacks.
- Siegechicken vehicle time out reduced from 40 to 30.
- Siegechicken vehicle added to Hangar bonus room.
- Chicken eggs health boosted.
- Fortitude now only gives Siege vehicles (SiegeBot and FIDO) a 1.75 time out multiplier, down from 2.0.
- Nuke pickup added to bonus rooms.
- Adjusted how enemy selects player targets.
- Reduced the Spider’s melee range.
- Reduced electric pole spawn count in a couple of arenas.
- Made adjustments to how electrical poles are placed and how they spread out.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How to get Warzone Phoenix Inferno blueprint
Warzone players love a good weapon blueprint, especially ones with as much detail as the latest Phoenix Inferno blueprint for...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...