A new playlist (hot fix) update for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has rolled out on PS4 and Xbox One.
This playlist update now allows all players who have received the Hailstorm – Thunder with the Loyalty bonus to now use it in game regardless of their level.
This new playlist update has brought the previously announced bomb site adjustments to Breakout, Scorch, Precinct, Frost, Retaliation, and Throwback. Some players are also reporting that they received their Prestige Unlock Token back after spending it on the Drone Package.
FULL PATCH NOTES:
Zombies in Spaceland
- Update to kick timing
- MP unlocked camos from challenges are unlocked in both public and custom games in Zombies now.
- Added player nameplates
- Zombies Fix for crafting stations no longer working if a player disconnected while the machine was currently crafting.
Objective and CWL:
- Uplink: moved start spawns on Garden side. Moved goal in Garden. Removed some aggressive rooftop resets around the Garden goal. Removed some 15 sports on the map.
- Search and Destroy: Moved B bombsite to under Contruction
- Search and Destroy – Moved A bombsite towards mid-map on the cliff lane
- Moved Bomb pickup location closer to taem spawns by Cryo
- Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite under the bridge at Bike Path . Moved B bombsite up against Silo.
- Uplink: Throwing the ball straight up doesn’t result in a reset. Goal near Concession adjusted slightly.
- Search and Destroy: Moved B bombsite closer to Drill. Moved ball spawns for Uplink and Defender
- Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite to Showers. Moved B bombsite to Cliff Road near Medical
- Uplink: Removed some aggressive rooftop resets around the Cell Block rooftops to allow the ball to be thrown over
- Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite to Bridge
- Synaptic Traits Adjustments – CWL Rules ONLY:
- Combat Burst: Time speed bonus remains active is 3s for CWL
- Propulsion: Time before thrusters start to recharge increased slightly. time for thrusters to recharge increased significantly. Changes put the trait more inline with Afterburner from BO3
- Rushdown: 2.5s delay added to recharge time. Time between dodges is no 7.5s. Reduced speed and distance dodged slightly.
- FTL Trait Adjustments – CWL ONLY:
- Power Slide: Extra slide distance removed
- Exploit fixed. Will return next week.
- Revised Hardpoint spawn logic.
- Slight adjustment to release angle and force behind throwing the drone
- This will allow the drone the be thrown a little farther and feel friendlier
- The goal ‘pickup’ radie to grab the drone has been increased slightly to make throws feel a little friendler to score
- Make sure you head into Custom Games and turn on Practice Mode to get a feel for it!
- Mauler – Mammoth – Recoil increase
- R.A.W. – Increased hip spread. Slight recoil increase.
- Fists – No longer force a quick swap when in the secondary slot. This allows YY’ing to feel smoother.
- DMR-1 – Now a 1 shot kill to the head
- EBR-800 – Increased ADS recoil return speed to help with shot recovery
- Akimbo – Slight reduction in damage range. Increase in hip spread scale
- Kendall 44 – Increased hip spread
- Hornet – Increased hip spread
- Assault Rifles – Increased base hip spread for all ARs without special hip spread values. This includes the NV4, OSA, Type-2.
- OSA – No longer has reduced hip spread relative to other Assault Rifles. Inherits the new values set on Assault Rifles in this patch. Increased recoil to compensate for high fire rate being used at range.
- Kbar-32 – Increased hip spread values. These are still lower than the base Assault Rifle hip spread keeping with the weapon’s theme. No longer has a reduction in recoil off the first shot. Reduced 5 shot kill range.
- Volk – Slight reduction in recoil. Increased 3 shot range.
- R3K – Increased 3 shot kill range to help this weapon compete with other ARs
- Fixes Thunderstorm not being unlocked for BO3 players – salvage refund issued to all players who crafted the Hailstorm prior to the BO3 incentive
- Double XP now applies to Match Bonus, Weapon Challenges and Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where camo challenges requiring a 3-streak only required a 2-streak
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Feature Image via @Wxrdy_.
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
How many people play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? 2021 player count
Modern Warfare 2019 may not be the focus of the Call of Duty franchise right now, but it still has...
Battlefield 2042 Portal will feature persistent player bans in servers
The Battlefield 2042 devs have reassured fans that the upcoming Battlefield Portal will keep banned players from returning to your...
Apex Legends Disruptor Rounds making a surprise return in Season 10: Emergence
Apex Legends upcoming Season 10 entitled "Emergence" will see the return of an infamous hop-up, the Disruptor Rounds.