UPDATE — Jan. 13 at 9:50PM PT: An addition playlist update has gone live on PS4 and Xbox One to fix some of the bugs that were found with the latest update. Patch notes:
- Fix for Cryo Mines not functioning properly
- Fix for some Killstreaks not damaging enemy players
A new playlist update for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The update brings many weapon updates and changes, alongside other bug fixes and more.
- Slight increase in Black Hole radius
- Players who deploy a Black Hole will receive assists if an enemy is killed while being pulled in
- Competitive playlist rules and maps have been adjusted to match CWL (PS4/Xbox)
- Added the map Grounded back into rotation
- Players receive assists if the enemy the Seeker Grenade is tracking is killed
- Increases to Micro Turret health, ammunition, and fire rate
- If a player waits to spawn in to avoid being the first Infected, they’ll be forced to Infected
- Fixed an issue where the first Infected wasn’t getting the proper score or XP for the first kill
- Kills/Deaths are no longer stored after a match so KD is not affected
- Boost jump recharge is now slower
- Gun Game:
- Increased the throw distance for the Bio Spike
- Kills/Deaths are no longer stored after a match so KD is not affected
- Added a Mission Team option in the lobby so players can change mission teams without leaving a lobby
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t capture the next Hardpoint if they are in a Scorestreak
- Fixed an issue where the Hardpoint was being contested but the icon was in a red capture state
- Howitzer headshots were not counting towards camo unlocks. This has been fixed
- Fix for available Payloads such as Reactive Armor requiring another score update after round switch to re-earn
- Killcams now show Traits, Tacticals, and Lethals
- Reduced recoil of the R3K when zoomed in using the VMC
- Slight increase to Quick Draw speed with snipers
- OSA Launcher: Updated inner and outer damage, and damage radius to reduce lethality in Tactical TDM
- Howitzer: slight adjustment to increase lethal radius and overall radius. Increase projectile speed and reduced projectile up velocity to help with targeting
- Fix for the Hit ad Run Gun Perk on the Epic Kendall-44 showing as an attachment in the weapon name
- SMGs: Increased hip aim assist range to 800 inches. Increased ADS aim assist range to 1400 inches
- FHR 40 and RPR Evo: Increased ADS aim assist range to 1200 inches
- MacTav-45: Increased ADS aim assist range to 1500 inches
- Shotguns: Increased hip and ADS aim assist ranges to 600 inches matching the max damage range
- Fix for an exploit where using the Killstreak map could be used every round as a free UAV
- Fix for the “A” bombsite on Retaliation that would cause a player to unintentionally move when next to the bombsite
- Fix for the “Out of Bounds” that would trigger when near the theater and bowling alley on Throwback
- Updated the start spawn for Precinct Hardpoint and Uplink
- 15 spots on Rooftop near Drop Pods and Construction have been fixed
- Scorch “B” bombsite moved to the back of the drill (from attacker side)
- Fix for an error when attempting to change team colors, name, and icon
- Removed Payload delay at the start of a round
- Active Camo duration has been reduced from 10s to 5s
- Reactive Armor duration has been reduced from 9s to 6s
- Bull Charge duration has been reduced from 6.5s to 5s
- Reactive Armor value slightly lowered
- Rewind: Only Rewinds a portion of the player’s health. Still rewinds full ammo
- Overdrive: No longer restores player health on activation
- Holding the Uplink drone or planting/defusing in CWL rulesets no longer drain your Payload faster as the base duration times have been adjusted
- Removed Killstreak spawn protection
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Secret Octane change added to Apex Legends Season 10 update
Apex Legends Season 10 is set to shake up things in Respawn's battle royale, and the update is also bringing...
How to watch Battlefield 2042 Exodus short film
Here's everything you need to know about the Battlefield 2042 Exodus, the upcoming short film that explains the events leading...
Warzone cheaters shamelessly flex highly requested Cold War Zombies camos
Warzone's hacking troubles continue as cheaters have been able to unlock locked Cold War Zombies camos to use in Warzone...