UPDATE — Jan. 13 at 9:50PM PT: An addition playlist update has gone live on PS4 and Xbox One to fix some of the bugs that were found with the latest update. Patch notes:
- Fix for Cryo Mines not functioning properly
- Fix for some Killstreaks not damaging enemy players
A new playlist update for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The update brings many weapon updates and changes, alongside other bug fixes and more.
- Slight increase in Black Hole radius
- Players who deploy a Black Hole will receive assists if an enemy is killed while being pulled in
- Competitive playlist rules and maps have been adjusted to match CWL (PS4/Xbox)
- Added the map Grounded back into rotation
- Players receive assists if the enemy the Seeker Grenade is tracking is killed
- Increases to Micro Turret health, ammunition, and fire rate
- If a player waits to spawn in to avoid being the first Infected, they’ll be forced to Infected
- Fixed an issue where the first Infected wasn’t getting the proper score or XP for the first kill
- Kills/Deaths are no longer stored after a match so KD is not affected
- Boost jump recharge is now slower
- Gun Game:
- Increased the throw distance for the Bio Spike
- Kills/Deaths are no longer stored after a match so KD is not affected
- Added a Mission Team option in the lobby so players can change mission teams without leaving a lobby
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t capture the next Hardpoint if they are in a Scorestreak
- Fixed an issue where the Hardpoint was being contested but the icon was in a red capture state
- Howitzer headshots were not counting towards camo unlocks. This has been fixed
- Fix for available Payloads such as Reactive Armor requiring another score update after round switch to re-earn
- Killcams now show Traits, Tacticals, and Lethals
- Reduced recoil of the R3K when zoomed in using the VMC
- Slight increase to Quick Draw speed with snipers
- OSA Launcher: Updated inner and outer damage, and damage radius to reduce lethality in Tactical TDM
- Howitzer: slight adjustment to increase lethal radius and overall radius. Increase projectile speed and reduced projectile up velocity to help with targeting
- Fix for the Hit ad Run Gun Perk on the Epic Kendall-44 showing as an attachment in the weapon name
- SMGs: Increased hip aim assist range to 800 inches. Increased ADS aim assist range to 1400 inches
- FHR 40 and RPR Evo: Increased ADS aim assist range to 1200 inches
- MacTav-45: Increased ADS aim assist range to 1500 inches
- Shotguns: Increased hip and ADS aim assist ranges to 600 inches matching the max damage range
- Fix for an exploit where using the Killstreak map could be used every round as a free UAV
- Fix for the “A” bombsite on Retaliation that would cause a player to unintentionally move when next to the bombsite
- Fix for the “Out of Bounds” that would trigger when near the theater and bowling alley on Throwback
- Updated the start spawn for Precinct Hardpoint and Uplink
- 15 spots on Rooftop near Drop Pods and Construction have been fixed
- Scorch “B” bombsite moved to the back of the drill (from attacker side)
- Fix for an error when attempting to change team colors, name, and icon
- Removed Payload delay at the start of a round
- Active Camo duration has been reduced from 10s to 5s
- Reactive Armor duration has been reduced from 9s to 6s
- Bull Charge duration has been reduced from 6.5s to 5s
- Reactive Armor value slightly lowered
- Rewind: Only Rewinds a portion of the player’s health. Still rewinds full ammo
- Overdrive: No longer restores player health on activation
- Holding the Uplink drone or planting/defusing in CWL rulesets no longer drain your Payload faster as the base duration times have been adjusted
- Removed Killstreak spawn protection
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Estimated total number of players on PlayStation 4 for each Call of Duty title since 2013
Last week, Sony launched the PS4 My Life campaign which allows PlayStation 4 players to see some of their stats. Statistics include overall play-time, top 3 most-played games, rarest trophy, and more.
The rarest trophy statistic provides the exact number of players who earned said trophy. Using this data, Redditor /u/Kalinine has created a report on /r/CallofDuty estimating the total number of players each Call of Duty title since 2013 received on PlayStation 4.
It’s important to note that these are simply rough estimations – Activision has not confirmed these numbers.
Black Ops 4’s numbers will appear significantly low due to releasing only 2 months ago. The influx of players from Christmas also have yet to arrive.
In order of highest player count to lowest…
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 54.7M
- Call of Duty: WWII – 25.5M
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 21.3M
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – 18.4M
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 13.2M
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – 10.6M
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – 9.8M
Black Ops III’s player count is incredibly high, likely to it being available for free to all PlayStation Plus members from June 12th to July 11th, 2018.
While this is a rough idea of total player counts, there’s still many variables which contribute to its inaccuracy.
- It’s assumed that the numbers are global, however this cannot be confirmed.
- It’s not known whether these numbers are players who launched the titles or simply had them installed.
- According to Redditors, the numbers span only from November 20th to December 4th, 2018.
- The author of the report did not include Trophies with a percentage lower than 0.5% to reduce inaccuracy.
What are your thoughts on these numbers? While it may seem worrying to see Black Ops 4’s numbers low, it’s important to take into account all of the aforementioned points.
All Call of Duty titles on sale for Steam Winter and Xbox Countdown sales
The holidays are here! Steam and Xbox have launched their Winter and Countdown sales respectively. From the original Call of Duty up to Black Ops 4, plenty of Call of Duty titles are on sale on both platforms.
Steam’s Winter Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019 at 10AM PT. All prices are in US Dollar.
It’s important to note that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, is available exclusively on Battle.net for PC and thus is not included.
- Call of Duty – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive – $9.79 (-51%)
- Call of Duty 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $29.39 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $33.99 (-66%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – $44.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $29.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: WWII – $35.99 (-40%)
Xbox One / Xbox 360
Xbox’s Countdown Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019. All prices are in US Dollar. Xbox Live Gold members also receive up to an additional 10% off.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Legacy Edition – $47.99 (-40%) / $39.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Launch Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $23.99 (-40%) / $19.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Gold Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Ops Pass – $47.49 (-5%) / $42.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe Enhanced – $123.49 (-5%) / $110.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe – $94.99 (-5%) / $84.99 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – $44.99 (-25%) / $38.99 (-35%)
All of the following Xbox 360 titles are Backwards Compatible on Xbox One.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $11.99 (-40%) / $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $17.99 (-40%) / $14.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $14.99 (-15%) / $17.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Bundle (incl. Black Ops) – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
Do you plan to pick up any of the titles while they’re on-sale?
Call of Duty Cyber Monday – Receive 40% off WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items
Cyber Monday 2018 deals have gone live on the Call of Duty Shop website until Wednesday, November 28th, 2018.
COD40CM on the Call of Duty Shop website for up to 40% off on WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items (excluding select items).
Here are some of the Items which should be eligible for the promotion, check out all of them at shop.callofduty.com.
$159.95 ($95.97 with code)
$29.95 ($17.97 with code)
$21.95 ($13.17 with code)
At the time of writing it is unknown exactly how many items are applicable to this deal, be sure to verify during checkout.
Do you plan to take advantage of these deals? Let us know your thoughts.
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Beta Dates announced
Activision has officially announced the dates for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Beta. The Open...
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...