Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has an insane glitch that allows players to rank up very fast with unlimited XP in Zombies.
Normally when Call of Duty Zombies has a glitch, it’s usually for the worst reasons as it inevitably leads to player deaths and games becoming unplayable.
Mauer der Toten’s lethal ziplines and random, deadly teleporting are two of the most recent examples of this kind of thing happening. The newest glitch, however, dispenses with negative effects and actually works in the player’s favor.
A new method has been found that allows players to earn unlimited XP in Cold War Zombies, allowing the player to level up insanely quickly.
How to rank up fast in Cold War Zombies with unlimited XP glitch
YouTuber Grrae is the person responsible for discovering this neat way of earning tons of CoD XP, and they detailed the steps required to use it.
To perform this unlimited XP glitch, players need to ensure that they attempt to do this on the Die Maschine map.
Grrae says you can do this one of three ways, but recommends the first way:
- Just using your basic Stamin-Up and Juggernog Perks
- Using Healing Aura, Stimshots, Stamin-Up, and Juggernog (not Quick Revive)
- Having Frenzied Guard equipped with just one armor plate, Stamin-Up, and Juggernog
Here are the full instructions to carry out this Cold War Zombies glitch:
- Begin a Solo game of Die Maschine
- Stamin-Up and Juggernog Perks need to be purchased
- You now need to train two sprinting Zombies together and bring them to the “Crash Site”
- This is the plane with the “Gallo SA12” on the side of it that you can buy
- It’s time to go prone by the left side of the plane so that your crosshairs are fixated on a juice box next to something resembling a white plate
- Wait for the Zombies to start hitting you, then stand up and go prone whilst pushing forward on your controller stick or keyboard
- If done correctly, you’ll fall through the map slightly, and you’ll now need to run to a spot that lets you drop down into a room – before the path & door to the underground labs
- Jump up a couple of ledges and make your way over to the pipe that lets you drop down into the tunnel – do not open the door to the tunnel or this won’t work
- Simply turn on the power, Pack-A-Punch, and buy Perks as normal
- You now need to keep playing until you can create the D.I.E Shockwave Wonder Weapon – check out our full guide here on how to make it
- Turn it into the gas variant by sucking up the ‘Empty Canister’ in the upstairs area of Mezzanine, just out of reach on the other side of some debris
- Go to the ‘Weapons Lab’, insert the canister, and kill Plaguehounds to fill up the canister with gas
- Take it once it’s full, make your way to “Crash Site,” and find the ‘Weapon Crate’ beside a wooden fence near the Gallo SA12 wall weapon
- Place the canister, melee the canister, and press to switch to the “D.I.E Nova-5”
- Head to the “Control Room” and stand behind the doorway heading into one of the rooms, which we’ll show you below, as this allows Zombies to come out of the same spot and freezes Megatons completely
- Your Shockwave will keep repleneshing its ammo from all the Zombies killed, but be wary of Plaguehounds as they will still behave normally
- Once you’ve done it enough times and the process becomes second nature, you can pretty much do this for as long as you want, and earn infinite XP in doing it!
Even though there are quite a few steps, the general concept is quite straightforward and with a bit of practice, should be easy to pull off.
If you’d like a visual reference for certain parts of the glitch method then we have the full video from Grrae right here.
Also, check out how to play the Call of Duty: Vanguard Alpha.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe is a melee weapon coming to Black Ops Cold War. Here’s everything you need to know about unlocking the Scythe.
A brand-new melee weapon is coming to Black Ops Cold War and here’s everything you need to know about the Scythe, including how to unlock it.
It can be fun to rack up kills from a distance with an Assault Rifle after hopping into a game of Black Ops Cold War, and sometimes it’s more exciting to use a melee weapon to battle your enemies up close.
Treyarch accidentally released the Scythe melee weapon in Black Ops Cold War in a surprise update on June 6, giving players a sneak peek at the weapon. Now there is an official release date for the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s how you can unlock it.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe will be released for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on August 12, 2022.
Here’s how to unlock the Scythe in both Multiplayer and Zombies:
- Multiplayer – Using a Melee weapon, get 2 kills while Ninja or Dead Silence are active in 15 different completed matches.
- Zombies – Using a primary Melee weapon, kill 200 enemies while Insta-Kill is active.
Completing 15 multiplayer matches will take some time, so you might be faster jumping into a game of Zombies.
The in-game description says that the Scythe is a “quick swinging” two-handed melee weapon that allows you to “reap a bountiful harvest by cutting down all who stand in your path.”
Image Credit: Activision
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Apex Legends players slam “trash” Ranked system and matchmaking issues
Apex Legends players have called out the game's "trash" Ranked mode, arguing that the matchmaking is ruining their experience.
NICKMERCS dominates enemies with the “fastest killing Warzone loadout ever”
NICKMERCS has revealed the "fastest killing" weapon loadout to dominate enemies in Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reloaded.
JGOD reveals secret Warzone attachment to drastically reduce recoil
JGOD has shared an underused attachment that can significantly improve your recoil control with weapons in Warzone.