UPDATE – Oct 17: Here’s the latest Treyarch is tracking:
- Weapon Tuning
- We’ve seen comments and requests around general weapon tuning since launch. We take weapon tuning very seriously and put any proposed tweaks through rigorous internal testing before we consider a change to the game. With that said, we’ve captured a massive amount of input and stats since October 12th, and we’re currently making a tuning pass for a major update coming soon. Stay tuned.
- Vehicle Behavior in Blackout
- If you frequent this subreddit, you’ve probably seen clips of some unexpected vehicle behavior in Blackout. We’re investigating the issue.
- Death Stashes on Consoles
- Some players have reported freezing issues when looting a Death Stash in Blackout on consoles. We’re currently working on a fix for this in the near future.
- Progression Losses
- We’ve continued to track issues related to connection timeouts that lead to a loss in stats/recently unlocked camos. We’re planning a fix for this later this week.
You’ll notice we’ve created “Featured” playlist tiles for Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies on the home screen. These will change frequently, and will sometimes even include bonus modifiers, like 2XP, for limited times. Black Ops 4 is designed as a more event-driven game, and the Featured playlists will serve to rally the community around different ways to play each week.
We also have a “Featured” category in Multiplayer, which includes a showcase of rotating MP playlists. This is where we’ll occasionally feature mashups of modes (like our “Moshpit” playlists), traditional modes with alterations to the rules, fun time-limited modes, and new modes that have never been released before. While we’ll always continue to support the standard playlists in Core and Hardcore, the Featured playlists are there to keep things extra-interesting for all Black Ops 4 players while also maintaining a strong matchmaking pool that isn’t spread thin across too many playlists.
UPDATE: Here’s a look at the latest information that Treyarch is tracking in regards to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4:
- Zombies Easter Egg Quests
- We’re aware of some instability issues currently affecting the Easter Egg quests, and will address these in a major update coming soon. Thanks for your patience.
- Multiplayer Audio
- We’ve seen some reports of audio volumes in Multiplayer not sounding quite as expected, particularly with footsteps. We’ve passed these onto the appropriate teams for evaluation. In the meantime, please be sure to try out the different custom presets in our Audio settings under Options to find a mix that works best for you.
- PC Hellion Salvo Crash
- PC players will currently crash when equipping the “Hunt” weapon camo and Fast Lock attachment on the Hellion Salvo launcher. We’re fixing this in an upcoming update – in the meantime, please avoid using this camo/Attachment combination on the Hellion Salvo to prevent crashing.
- Teammate Names Disappearing
- Some players are reportedly seeing their teammates’ player names disappearing temporarily during MP matches, making it difficult to tell friend from foe. We’re investigating this as well.
- Xbox One Deluxe Edition Items
- We’re aware some users are still having trouble accessing their Shadowman and Classified content consistently on Xbox One, even after manually downloading the items. We’re continuing to investigate to see what can be done on our end to solve this.
Treyarch has shared in a new Reddit post that a new Game Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is scheduled to go live later this week with many updates and fixes based on upon feedback from the launch window. Treyarch states more information on the update is coming closer to its release so stay tuned.
Later this week, the team is planning a larger game update that will bring some key improvements and new additions to Black Ops 4.
Beyond that, Treyarch has provided an update on the latest issues they are tracking based on feedback in Black Ops 4. They’ve stated this isn’t the full list, but is what they wanted to communicate with us now:
- Performance in Quads
- We’re aware that some players are seeing fluctuations in network performance in Blackout Quads (particularly on Xbox One), and the team has been actively investigating. This is not an easily identifiable issue that happens for all players, and internal testing hasn’t shown it to be consistent. We’ll update everyone when we’re closer to a solution.
- Disappearing Optics
- We’ve seen some reports that the Red Dot and other Optics can sometimes temporarily disappear when aiming down sights. The team is investigating this for a fix in a future update.
- Emblem Editor Issues
- Some players have experienced unexpected behavior with the Emblem Editor, including layers that can’t be deleted, distorted images, and other issues that occur after adding several layers to the Emblem. While many players have been able to create some truly amazing Emblems already, we know it’s not an optimal experience for everyone across the board and we’re looking into it. There are a lot of moving parts here (literally) and some of these items may affect how other items perform, so please bear with us as we work on improving this experience.
- Search and Destroy Custom Games
- As we mentioned in a previous update, we’re aware of some issues specifically present in Custom Search and Destroy matches, particularly with matches ending after round 7. We’re planning to address these in an update soon.
Treyarch has also stated that, going forward, we can expect Reddit updates about 2-3 times a week versus daily posts, as we’ve moved out of the launch window.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Best Warzone guns: Season 4 Reloaded weapon tier list
Call of Duty: Warzone has over 100 weapons to choose from, so we've ranked every gun and counted down Season...
JGOD reveals high K/D C58 Warzone loadout
Call of Duty content creator JGOD has revealed the high K/D loadout for the C58 Assault Rifle in Warzone Season...
Battlefield 2042 fans worried about Portal’s powerful ban feature
Battlefield 2042 allows custom servers to be made for free, but fans are worried that toxic admins will ruin the...