The Blast Furnace has released a new update for Call of Duty: Strike Team on iOS, providing some new features and big fixes.
The update adds a new Domination mode, a new combat zone aboard a US Naval ship, and new weapon – the PDW-57
- Global Conflict
- Global Conflict is an all-new way to play “Call of Duty®: Strike Team”. Flashpoints of insurgent activity appear around the globe and are only available for a set amount of time. It’s then up to the Strike Team to defuse the situation in the combat zone and stop the enemy before the time runs out. Successful missions win you extra token rewards and the chance to move up the new tiered leagues at the end of each week. The faster the flashpoint missions are completed, the bigger the reward.
- The new Global Conflict mode also includes tiered leaderboards to which players can submit their scores to compete against others worldwide. Starting in the Iron League, players can move up through the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum leagues to stand alongside the elite players in the Master league.
- Each Global Conflict flashpoint has one of three unique objectives: “Collect”, “Destroy” or “Survive”.
- The “Collect” game style requires the operative to track down pieces of Intel concealed around the map while under heavy enemy fire. The faster the pieces of Intel are collected, the higher the player’s score will be.
- “Destroy” sees the player planting C4 in select locations to deal a heavy blow to enemy plans, while fighting against the incoming threats. Each piece of C4 must be planted within a set time limit, otherwise the mission over, and the flashpoint falls to the enemy.
- In the “Survive” game style, the player must hold off incoming enemy attacks for an allotted time to keep their squad in control of the area.
- Domination Game Mode
- The popular Domination game mode is also new to all of the Strike Ops maps.
- This mode requires the player to capture and hold three strategic points in the combat zone for a set amount of time while holding off a constant stream of enemies. The longer the player survives, the more deadly the enemies become as the horde floods into the game map to try to recapture the markers.
- Pacific combat zone “USS Ironhide”
- Players can now play all of the Strike Ops and Global Conflict game styles on the all-new Pacific combat zone, which takes place on a stricken naval carrier.
- The USS Ironhide has recently come under attack and serves as the perfect arena for the player to take the fight back to the enemy. Do battle amongst the debris on the carrier deck or weave through the Ironhide’s control room to secure the vessel.
- Mystery Box
- The Mystery Box gives players new kinds of reward while fighting the enemy in any of the Strike Ops game types (Survival, Time Attack, or Domination).
- As soon as the Mystery Box becomes available, players must fight their way through enemy forces to open the box and receive game-changing powerups (such as Invincibility Shields, XP Multipliers, Speed Boosts, or the devastating Infrasonic Smart Bomb which emits a sonic blast and takes down multiple enemies) or a vital restock of your Ammo, Grenades, Claymores or Health Kits.
- Submachine Gun Weapon Class
- Last but not least, we’ve added the fan favorite SMG weapon class, including the PDW-57 and others for you to discover. These can be used across the main campaign missions as well as the all-new Global Conflict mode and the Strike Ops game types.
You can download the App on the App Store here. The update is available for free.
Apex Legends devs announce commitment to fixing major server issues
The issue of server and net code problems has consistently caused problems for Apex Legends. However, a new dev blog is on the way.
Apex Legends has had ongoing problems with server and net code issues. However, it does seem that they are trying their best to communicate with the community and plan improvements.
Over the last two years, Apex Legends players have experienced severe server and net code issues that many have complained about since release.
Of course, these issues are extremely complicated and won’t be fixed overnight. However, more communication between the developers and the community could bring light and positivity to the manner, allowing a better understanding of the ongoing issues.
Apex Legends director of communications, Ryan K. Rigney (@RKRigney on Twitter), revealed that he had been working with the Apex engineers to create a new developer blog concerning, “servers, net code, and tickrate.”
We have seen similar dev blog posts in the past concerning patch notes, future updates, and the most recent video with Jason McCord concerning Apex Legends hackers and cheaters.
This new dev blog is said to be coming out in two weeks and will attempt to acknowledge and explain the “biggest issues” concerning servers, net code, and tick rate, as well as “exploring recent/upcoming improvements.”
Ryan Rigney says he is expecting a mixed reaction, mainly because he knows players want overnight fixes for all Apex Legends server issues – which aren’t possible. The dev blog won’t promise “revolutionary changes immediately,” but it will allow better insight and communication with the community.
Pro Apex Legends player, NRG Rogue, responded to his tweets, essentially stating that it will not satisfy the community of the “14-24-year-old Apex Legends market.”
Just like Rogue, who says he is not “too techy” in understanding such issues, the majority of the community are likely to be similar. The information offered may be overlooked, or not fully understood.
Either way, more communication between the devs and engineers for Apex Legends can hardly be negative, so we look forward to seeing the information provided.
For more news on Apex Legends and the upcoming War Games event, arriving today at around 10am PST and 6pm GMT, stay tuned on Charlie Intel.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends leak reveals EPG from Titanfall 2
Apex Legends leak reveals Respawn’s plans to add another Titanfall weapon into the game, potentially making its arrival next season.
Most of Apex Legends weapons are taken directly from the Titanfall universe and it seems like another one may be on its way.
This season saw Apex Legends add its sixth new weapon into the game called the 30-30 Repeater. Since then, there has been lots of speculation on which weapon we could be seeing next.
The EPG stands for ‘Energy Propelled Grenade’, a futuristic grenade launcher that explodes on hit, causing splash damage.
In Titanfall 2, it fired fairly slowly but dealt quite a lot of damage. The weapon also didn’t have much bullet drop, as you’d usually see with a grenade launcher, allowing you to hit targets from far without adjusting your aim too much.
The weapon one-hit Pilots in Titanfall 2, dealing massive amounts of damage and even being useful against weaker Titans. Although it’s unlikely to be the same in Apex Legends, it could potentially deal supreme amounts of damage.
This is not the first time we have heard about the EPG potentially coming to Apex Legends, as it was teased during a demo for Season 5’s Lost Treasures event.
The EPG would be the first explosive weapon in Apex Legends, making it an obvious choice for the developers to introduce it.
The latest leak also included a picture of the EPG’s potential legendary skin names.
The EPG in Apex Legends will be the second version of the weapon from Titanfall. It will likely receive an upgraded name change that we have also seen for other Titanfall weapons in Apex like the R-97, which was of course renamed the R-99.
For continued news on Apex Legends stay tuned on Charlie Intel and the @TitanfallBlog over on twitter.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
How to get Apex Legends Caustic Cold Blooded Twitch Prime skin
Learn how you can get the most recent Cold Blooded Caustic Twitch Prime skin for free in Apex Legends before it’s too late.
How to get the latest ‘Cold Blooded’ free Twitch Prime skin in Apex Legends for villainous Legend, Caustic.
Each month one of these free Twitch Prime skins becomes available and this time its everybody’s favourite toxic trapper, Caustic.
Recently, new content seems to be rolling out fairly regularly for Apex Legends. The new War Games event will be arriving on April 13th, bringing new exciting skins and game modes. Now, players can also redeem another free Twitch Prime skin. This time, Caustic is getting some love.
How to redeem Caustics ‘Cold Blooded’ skin
This month’s skin features a blue color to reflect Caustic’s cold-blooded nature. The description reads: “Caustic woke up one day, looked at himself in the mirror, and was like, ‘Dang, I am one cold-blooded cowboy.'”
To redeem this skin, you must access the Prime Gaming website and link your active Amazon Prime membership account to your EA account, or you can start a free trial with prime to claim it without an active membership. Here’s the full process:
- Log in to the Prime Gaming website
- Visit the Apex Legends section
- Click “Claim Now” on the Cold Blooded skin when it goes live
- The skin will then become available in your in-game inventory
After you enter your Amazon account details, you will then be redirected to sign in to your EA account. Once you have completed this, you will be redirected back to the Prime Gaming website where you will be informed that the skin has been successfully claimed.
The next time you boot up Apex Legends on the EA account you linked with Prime Gaming, you will receive a notification upon passing the main menu that will inform you of your claim.
Head over to Legends, select Caustic and you will find the ‘Cold Blooded’ skin among the rest of the blue rarity skins. Make sure to grab this skin as it is only available for a limited time between April 9th – May 14th.
For more Apex Legends news and updates on redeeming Twitch Prime skins, keep it locked on Charlie Intel.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Activision files complaint over Warzone trademark dispute
Activision has filed a lawsuit to proceed with Warzone trademark registration following a dispute.
Apex Legends War Games Second Chance mode explained
The first event in the Apex Legends War Games event is now live: Second Chance. Here's everything you need to...
Apex Legends: best team comps for Ranked in Season 8
This guide will showcase some of the best team comps for ranked Apex Legends Season 8, based on your playstyle.