Treyarch has just, in a new blog post on their official website, announced the details on December 11th’s update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
The new update comes to all platforms on December 10 with game fixes, bug fixes, and more improvements, but the new content is available first on PlayStation 4 starting December 11.
Operation Absolute Zero: Multiplayer
Operation Absolute Zero introduces our first new post-launch Specialist: Zero, a versatile and deadly hacker available in both Multiplayer and Blackout. In Multiplayer, Zero can disrupt and distract her enemies using the powerful hacking tools at her disposal, bringing new counteractive measures to the table in Black Ops 4. Players can unlock Zero by completing Tier 1 in the newly revamped Black Market and immediately start testing out her wonderful new toys.
Alongside the new Specialist, Treyarch has announced that there will be three new earnable Multiplayer weapons in Operation Absolute Zero via Contraband tiers in the Black Market:
- the Daemon 3XB SMG
- SWAT RFT assault rifle
- Secret Santa melee weapon
In addition to the new weapons, there’s new Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, and Reticles to unlock along the way. Players will also be available to get access to the new weapons immediately in Blackjack’s Gun Game, a new featured playlist coming to PS4 next week, and the new weapons are also available in Blackout loot drops.
Plus, there’s a new Holiday Event starting Dec. 13 on PS4 with new seasonal items to unlock.
Operation Absolute Zero: Blackout
Next up: Blackout. Everything changes next week with Operation Absolute Zero.
On December 10, we’re setting the stage with several hotly-anticipated updates to the core Blackout experience for all platforms, including our new Armor repair system, audio improvements, SDM and Spitfire weapon balancing, and seasonal changes across the entire map.
Players will immediately notice the map’s new visual updates as soon as they jump out of the helicopter, from seasonal changes in foliage and softer winter lighting, to new smoke trails to better indicate where everyone is dropping. Subtle environmental improvements are also coming to Nuketown Island, Hydro Dam, and Factory – see if you can spot what’s new on Monday, and watch for our patch notes with more details on these updates next week.
Treyarch has now officially confirmed that Hijacked will be added to Blackout in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, first on PS4 on December 11. Inspired by the classic Treyarch Multiplayer map, our favorite luxury yacht becomes everyone’s new favorite hot drop in Blackout.
Once you make it to dry land, hop into the new ARAV armored vehicle with a friend and light up your foes with its turret-mounted machine gun. Players can also drop in as Zero after unlocking her, or as one of the four zombie-killing gladiators from IX after finding and completing the brand-new set of Blackout Zombies Character Missions.
We’re also amping up our collection of personalization items that can be used in Blackout in the new and improved Black Market, including new unlockable Blackout characters, new Epic Specialist Outfits, shared Warpaints, and more personalization items to use in the world of Blackout. Players will also find new weapons throughout Blackout starting December 11 on PS4 – try dropping into Firing Range next week to get your hands on the new hardware before anyone else does.
Treyarch has also teased what’s coming soon to Blackout in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4:
On top of the free content kicking off next week, there’s even more coming to Blackout soon with the addition of Custom Games, Weapon Camos, Stash interface updates on consoles, holiday map decorations, throwable Snowballs, new seasonal Special Event Tiers, in-game promos, gameplay improvements, and more.
Operation Absolute Zero: Zombies
For our Zombies players, we’re proud to introduce three new free features for Zombies players on all platforms: Daily Callings, the Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system, and Daily Tier Skips for Zombies.
Daily Callings are coming to Zombies and will include new gameplay challenges that reward Zombies players with bonus XP and Nebulium Plasma upon completion.
The new Black Ops Authenticity Stamp also debuts in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 with the latest update on December 10. This new system gives players the ability to verify and share the results of their game online with a personalized code generated at the end of each match. The Black Ops Authenticity Stamp website tracks a variety of stats:
- Number of kills, deaths, downs, revives, headshots, and rounds survived
- Map selection, game type, numbers of players, and difficulty attempted
- Special Weapons, Equipment, and Talismans used
- Perks and Elixirs equipped
- Number of Elixirs consumed
- Match duration, score spent, final score, and more
We’ve also heard the community’s requests for a path to earn Black Market Tier progression by playing Zombies, and we’re happy to announce the addition of the Daily Tier Skip for Zombies! Starting next week, simply complete 15 rounds in one game of Classic Zombies each day for your daily bonus Black Market Tier.
With an unprecedented amount of Zombies experiences released by the end of this year, we’ve never been more committed to delivering new and exciting content for our Zombies community. Next week’s launches of Daily Callings, Black Ops Authenticity Stamp, and Daily Tier Skip in Zombies are just the beginning, as we’re also kicking off our limited-time Winter Calling event in Zombies with new seasonal personalization rewards to unlock starting December 13 on PS4.
We’ll continue to roll out more new features and gameplay content in 2019, including Factions, new seasonal Event Callings, Phase 2 of the Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system featuring deeper player stats, and additional gameplay improvements, free for all players.
Evolution of the Black Market
The Black Market has been newly revamped for the launch of Operation Absolute Zero to streamline the system, make Tier progression simpler and more rewarding, and add new types of content that have been commonly requested from the community. Players have also asked for the ability to mix and match Warpaints with different outfits, and gain access to Warpaints without having to own a corresponding outfit.
Here’s what’s new in the Black Market with Operation Absolute Zero:
- 100 Clearly Defined Tiers: We’ve streamlined the progression experience by reducing the initial Tier showcase from 200 to 100. Every reward for the first 100 Tiers can be previewed in the Black Market right off the bat, so you can always track your progress toward your next favorite new item.
- New Earnable Weapons: We’re introducing our first batch of new earnable weapons in the Operation Contraband stream to deploy in your Multiplayer loadouts, including the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
- New Specialist Unlock: Operation Absolute Zero begins in the Black Market with our new Specialist, Zero, unlockable at Tier 1 for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Item Categories and More Diverse Content: Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants have been added to the Black Market by popular demand! Each Reactive Camo unlocked in the Black Market is uniquely designed for its designated weapon, while new Weapon Camos can be equipped across multiple weapons.
- New Mastercrafts: Players can now earn new Mastercraft weapon variants in the Black Market, including new ABR 223 Mastercraft for tactical rifle fans.
- New Blackout characters: Our Ultimis Zombies heroes are coming to Blackout in the Black Market! Keep an eye out for old-school Nikolai, unlockable at Tier 45.
- New Shared Warpaints: To give players more freedom to personalize their Black Ops 4 experience, Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- Reserves Now Start at Tier 101: Players will earn cosmetic Reserve content after unlocking the first 100 Tiers of Black Market content, including all-new personalization items and a new Mastercraft. And if you haven’t completed the collection of Reserve items from Operation First Strike, don’t worry – they’re still included in Reserves for Operation Absolute Zero.
- Content Changes: While we’re also introducing new Gestures, Calling Cards, and additional personalization items along with the new content mentioned above, we aren’t adding any new Decals for Specialist Outfits to the loot pool to ensure every item earned can be immediately equipped and enjoyed in the game. As with the rest of the game, we’ll continue to refine the Black Market experience as the Operation continues.
- Daily Tier Skip for Zombies: As we mentioned above, all Zombies players can earn a bonus Daily Tier Skip in the Black Market by completing 15 rounds in a game of Classic Zombies each day.
The Black Ops 4 Competitive Season
After laying the initial groundwork for our CWL feature set with CWL Custom Games, CODCaster, and the Live Event Viewer on PS4, our sights for competitive play are now set on delivering the full suite of World League Hub features as soon as possible. While many of these features were initially planned to release in December, we are spending a little more time in development to give these features the polish that our competitive players expect and deserve.
Here are the upcoming feature plans.
- December 7:
- Live Event Viewer (launching with CWL Las Vegas on PS4)
- Scheduled for early 2019:
- League Play Events
- Clans and Teams
Stay tuned for the latest news…next week is a big week.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Activision Blizzard allowing CDL teams to defer league payments
Activision Blizzard is providing financial relief for Call of Duty League team ownership groups in 2020 due to the on-going...
Modern Warfare devs investigating PS4 blue screen after Season 6 update
Following the newest update for Modern Warfare, which started Season 6, many PlayStation 4 users are experiencing issues playing the...
20,000 users banned in Warzone in recent ban wave, including streamer
Update: VICE News reports that, according to their sources, over 20,000 accounts were banned as part of the new ban...