The new Operation has arrived in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4! Operation Absolute Zero, the biggest content update yet since the game’s launch, is now live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PlayStation 4 with release on Xbox One and PC to follow on December 18.
“Operation Absolute Zero is a giant community celebration and the next wave in our commitment to make Black Ops 4 the most supported game in our studio’s history,” said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “We’re bringing a ton of new content for the entire community to enjoy with Operation Absolute Zero, and we’re also delivering updates to the game across the board that are directly inspired by community feedback that we’ve received since the game’s launch.”
“For Blackout, we knew that regular post-launch updates would be essential to keep the game world alive and evolving,” said Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “Since the start of the beta in September, we have continuously used a combination of in-game telemetry and player feedback to help balance the gameplay experience and maintain the fun. In Operation Absolute Zero, we are making some changes to Blackout that we know fans will enjoy, including a brand new destination, and the map’s first new vehicle, which is an armored ground vehicle with a turret machine gun. We are excited to go on this journey with our community – this is all just the beginning.”
The new operation brings a variety of new content across all modes, with more to come.
- An all new Specialist, Zero, is now live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 MP. Players can use this new specialist with the disruptor equipment and hack enemy kill streaks.
- The brand new Operation Absolute Zero Contraband Stream is live in the Black Market!
- New Weapons in the Contraband Stream:
- Daemon 3XB SMG (Tier 50)
- SWAT RFT assault rifle (Tier 100)
- Secret Santa melee weapon
- Blackjack’s Gun Game – the new featured playlist for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Holiday Event is coming December 13
- For Black Ops Pass owners on PS4, two new MP maps are now available: Elevation and Madagascar
- Hijacked has arrived in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode! The new yacht is located between Nuketown Island and Construction Site.
- A new vehicle, ARAV armored vehicle, is also now live in Blackout.
- New weapons have arrived in Blackout — check out Firing Range for a look at some of the new content
- Black Ops Pass owners on PS4 get the new “Reaper” Character
- More to come soon.
- Daily Skip Tiers are live! Zombies players can now have their progress contribute to one tier skip a day in the Black Market.
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp – is now live in Black Ops 4 on PS4!
- Daily Callings are available now
- Winter Calling Event goes live December 13
- For Black Ops Pass owners, a new Zombies experience — Dead of the Night — available.
The new Operation Contraband Stream is live in the Black Ops 4 Black Market on PS4! Here’s what’s new:
- 100 Clearly Defined Tiers: We’ve streamlined the progression experience by reducing the initial Tier showcase from 200 to 100. Every reward for the first 100 Tiers can be previewed in the Black Market right off the bat, so you can always track your progress toward your next favorite new item.
- New Earnable Weapons: We’re introducing our first batch of new earnable weapons in the Operation Contraband stream to deploy in your Multiplayer loadouts, including the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
- New Specialist Unlock: Operation Absolute Zero begins in the Black Market with our new Specialist, Zero, unlockable at Tier 1 for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Item Categories and More Diverse Content: Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants have been added to the Black Market by popular demand! Each Reactive Camo unlocked in the Black Market is uniquely designed for its designated weapon, while new Weapon Camos can be equipped across multiple weapons.
- New Mastercrafts: Players can now earn new Mastercraft weapon variants in the Black Market, including new ABR 223 Mastercraft for tactical rifle fans.
- New Blackout characters: Our Ultimis Zombies heroes are coming to Blackout in the Black Market! Keep an eye out for old-school Nikolai, unlockable at Tier 45.
- New Shared Warpaints: To give players more freedom to personalize their Black Ops 4 experience, Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- Reserves Now Start at Tier 101: Players will earn cosmetic Reserve content after unlocking the first 100 Tiers of Black Market content, including all-new personalization items and a new Mastercraft. And if you haven’t completed the collection of Reserve items from Operation First Strike, don’t worry – they’re still included in Reserves for Operation Absolute Zero.
- Content Changes: While we’re also introducing new Gestures, Calling Cards, and additional personalization items along with the new content mentioned above, we aren’t adding any new Decals for Specialist Outfits to the loot pool to ensure every item earned can be immediately equipped and enjoyed in the game. As with the rest of the game, we’ll continue to refine the Black Market experience as the Operation continues.
- Daily Tier Skip for Zombies: As we mentioned above, all Zombies players can earn a bonus Daily Tier Skip in the Black Market by completing 15 rounds in a game of Classic Zombies each day.
Check out the trailer for the new operation:
CoD leaker claims Modern Warfare 3 Campaign Remastered coming in 2021
Call of Duty fans could be set for huge nostalgia in 2021 with a remaster of the Modern Warfare 3 campaign expected to drop.
Modern Warfare 3 looks set to follow in the footsteps of Modern Warfare 2 by releasing a remastered version of its campaign component. A leak has suggested that the Call of Duty content is scheduled for 2021.
There’s absolutely no doubting the impact that the Modern Warfare games have had on the video game industry. At the time, CoD’s 2011 launch made Modern Warfare 3 the most successful entertainment launch of all-time by grossing over $400 million in 24 hours.
The continued exploits of Captain Price, Soap, and the gang were massively sought after and people flocked to it in droves. Now, players will apparently get to revisit this classic campaign in 2021 with a leak hinting that Modern Warfare 3 Remastered is on the way.
According to the MW2Ghost, “I was told that MW3 Campaign Remastered is definitely coming this year, and should be coming Q2 which is the original plan, one month exclusive to PlayStation.”
- Read More: 8 things we want to see in Call of Duty 2021
If true, this would follow a similar model to other previous Call of Duty content by declaring PlayStation to be its exclusive home for a while.
Black Ops Cold War has been an example of this with PlayStation users being treated exclusively to the game’s Onslaught mode. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered also released first on PlayStation.
MW2Ghost also followed this message up by saying, “Worded this a bit weird, so, it was originally set for Q2 of this year under a deal with PlayStation, but not sure if that’s still the case (date). Apparently, it’s definitely still coming at some point this year.”
Modern Warfare 2 remastered proved to be a financial victory for Activision, as people clamored for the epic campaign that helped to kickstart a generation.
With the extraordinary success of Warzone potentially affecting Call of Duty 2021, a remastered version of the Modern Warfare 3 campaign may have to keep fans ticking over until Call of Duty 2021 is announced.
Image credits: Activision
How to play Rebirth Island in private matches
Season 3 of Black Ops Cold War has arrived in Warzone, and it has delivered the ability to play Rebirth Island in private matches.
Season 3 has officially arrived in Call of Duty: Warzone. It has brought plenty of changes, with one of the most notable is the ability to play private matches on Rebirth Island.
The first season of Black Ops Cold War content for Warzone saw Rebirth Island become the second map that players could battle on in the popular Call of Duty battle royale. The much smaller map and lower player count resulted in players being able to have quicker and even more intense matches than Verdansk.
While the community has been able to play private matches on Verdansk for some time now, the same has not been true for Rebirth Island, until now thanks to the Season 3 update for Warzone.
How to Play Rebirth Island in Private Matches
Players looking to customize their experience on the smaller Warzone map and host their own exclusive matches now can, thanks to the addition of private matches to the Black Ops Cold War map for Warzone.
Individuals who would like to set up these kinds of games on this particular map will need to head into Warzone and click on the tab at the very bottom of the Warzone playlist where you find all of the different game modes that you can play currently.
You will then need to select which game mode you would like to play. Once you have selected the game mode, you will be sent to the lobby screen, where you will be able to go to the bottom of the screen and switch the map from Verdansk to Rebirth Island.
Make sure you have enough players in the lobby to start a match, and then press start match.
There is no doubt that the addition of this feature to Verdansk was a hit amongst the community and will likely be used a great deal by players throughout Season 3 who prefer to get their victories and highlights on the smaller Warzone map instead of its larger predecessor.
The addition of this feature is just one of the many changes that have arrived in Warzone by way of the Season 3 update. From new weapons like the PPSH and Swiss K31 to the Hunt for Adler event, community members will have plenty to enjoy for the foreseeable future.
How to Get Your Call of Duty: Warzone Report
You now have the opportunity to get a detailed summary of your time playing in Verdansk thanks to the Call of Duty: Warzone report.
Players looking to see detailed statistics of their time spent playing the adrenaline-fueled battle royale of Call of Duty: Warzone can currently get their own report.
It has been an exciting year for the Call of Duty community, thanks largely to the success of Warzone and its entertaining battle royale action that has captivated the world.
Millions of players have taken to the battlefield of Verdansk to be the last player or team standing, resulting in plenty of impressive statistics culminating in the highly-anticipated nuke event that took place on April 21, 2021.
Individuals who may be interested in seeing their detailed stats can now do so by looking up their very own Call of Duty: Warzone report so you can put together some evidence the next time you are looking to brag to your friends.
How to Get Your Call of Duty: Warzone Report
The social media platform of Twitter is where you will need to make your way if you would like to get your hands on your own list of stats accumulated during your time playing the popular first-person shooter.
Once you are on your Twitter account, you will need to make a post with your Activision ID and the hashtag #WarzoneReport. This will then cause the official account for the high-profile franchise to reply to you and provide you with a customized image that shows a variety of statistics.
These statistics consist of your K/D ratio, total kills, deaths, hours played, the total number of wins you have gotten so far, and the total number of games you have played.
You can find an example in the tweet below:
There is no doubt that plenty of players will be happy to see the stats they have been able to put together so far in their career, while other players will be motivated to do better and have greatly improved stats the next time they get their report.
Players getting a summary of their career stats was just one of the highlights in the community on April 21, 2021, and there are sure to be plenty of more following the nuclear destruction of Verdansk and the official Season 3 update.
TimTheTatMan shows off no recoil Warzone Krig 6 loadout
This TimTheTatMan Warzone Krig 6 loadout that the Twitch streamer recently showed off has no issues when it comes to...
New perk and battle royale class could come to CoD: Mobile in Season 4
The classic Gung-Ho perk and a brand new battle royale class are set to make their way to Call of...
Apex Legends Legacy: Origins Event release date, skins & more
Dataminers have revealed the latest, such as the release date and skins, on an upcoming Apex Legends Origins Event for...