The new Operation has arrived in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4! Operation Absolute Zero, the biggest content update yet since the game’s launch, is now live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PlayStation 4 with release on Xbox One and PC to follow on December 18.
“Operation Absolute Zero is a giant community celebration and the next wave in our commitment to make Black Ops 4 the most supported game in our studio’s history,” said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “We’re bringing a ton of new content for the entire community to enjoy with Operation Absolute Zero, and we’re also delivering updates to the game across the board that are directly inspired by community feedback that we’ve received since the game’s launch.”
“For Blackout, we knew that regular post-launch updates would be essential to keep the game world alive and evolving,” said Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “Since the start of the beta in September, we have continuously used a combination of in-game telemetry and player feedback to help balance the gameplay experience and maintain the fun. In Operation Absolute Zero, we are making some changes to Blackout that we know fans will enjoy, including a brand new destination, and the map’s first new vehicle, which is an armored ground vehicle with a turret machine gun. We are excited to go on this journey with our community – this is all just the beginning.”
The new operation brings a variety of new content across all modes, with more to come.
- An all new Specialist, Zero, is now live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 MP. Players can use this new specialist with the disruptor equipment and hack enemy kill streaks.
- The brand new Operation Absolute Zero Contraband Stream is live in the Black Market!
- New Weapons in the Contraband Stream:
- Daemon 3XB SMG (Tier 50)
- SWAT RFT assault rifle (Tier 100)
- Secret Santa melee weapon
- Blackjack’s Gun Game – the new featured playlist for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Holiday Event is coming December 13
- For Black Ops Pass owners on PS4, two new MP maps are now available: Elevation and Madagascar
- Hijacked has arrived in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode! The new yacht is located between Nuketown Island and Construction Site.
- A new vehicle, ARAV armored vehicle, is also now live in Blackout.
- New weapons have arrived in Blackout — check out Firing Range for a look at some of the new content
- Black Ops Pass owners on PS4 get the new “Reaper” Character
- More to come soon.
- Daily Skip Tiers are live! Zombies players can now have their progress contribute to one tier skip a day in the Black Market.
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp – is now live in Black Ops 4 on PS4!
- Daily Callings are available now
- Winter Calling Event goes live December 13
- For Black Ops Pass owners, a new Zombies experience — Dead of the Night — available.
The new Operation Contraband Stream is live in the Black Ops 4 Black Market on PS4! Here’s what’s new:
- 100 Clearly Defined Tiers: We’ve streamlined the progression experience by reducing the initial Tier showcase from 200 to 100. Every reward for the first 100 Tiers can be previewed in the Black Market right off the bat, so you can always track your progress toward your next favorite new item.
- New Earnable Weapons: We’re introducing our first batch of new earnable weapons in the Operation Contraband stream to deploy in your Multiplayer loadouts, including the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
- New Specialist Unlock: Operation Absolute Zero begins in the Black Market with our new Specialist, Zero, unlockable at Tier 1 for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Item Categories and More Diverse Content: Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants have been added to the Black Market by popular demand! Each Reactive Camo unlocked in the Black Market is uniquely designed for its designated weapon, while new Weapon Camos can be equipped across multiple weapons.
- New Mastercrafts: Players can now earn new Mastercraft weapon variants in the Black Market, including new ABR 223 Mastercraft for tactical rifle fans.
- New Blackout characters: Our Ultimis Zombies heroes are coming to Blackout in the Black Market! Keep an eye out for old-school Nikolai, unlockable at Tier 45.
- New Shared Warpaints: To give players more freedom to personalize their Black Ops 4 experience, Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- Reserves Now Start at Tier 101: Players will earn cosmetic Reserve content after unlocking the first 100 Tiers of Black Market content, including all-new personalization items and a new Mastercraft. And if you haven’t completed the collection of Reserve items from Operation First Strike, don’t worry – they’re still included in Reserves for Operation Absolute Zero.
- Content Changes: While we’re also introducing new Gestures, Calling Cards, and additional personalization items along with the new content mentioned above, we aren’t adding any new Decals for Specialist Outfits to the loot pool to ensure every item earned can be immediately equipped and enjoyed in the game. As with the rest of the game, we’ll continue to refine the Black Market experience as the Operation continues.
- Daily Tier Skip for Zombies: As we mentioned above, all Zombies players can earn a bonus Daily Tier Skip in the Black Market by completing 15 rounds in a game of Classic Zombies each day.
Check out the trailer for the new operation: