A new patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, version 1.03, is now live on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The update is 8.9GB file size on PS4, 4GB on PC, and 11.5GB on Xbox One.
This new patch update brings the brand new Black Market System to PlayStation 4 (Xbox One and PC will get the system to follow seven days later). In addition, there’s a host of improvements, fixes, and more.
- Community Update – Operation: First Strike, 2XP/2X Nebulium, and Free Halloween Event
- Starting today for PS4 players, the Black Market is back! In Black Ops 4, we’re giving players more choices than ever before with the Contraband progression path to earn free cosmetic items as you play, including new Tags, Gestures, Outfits, Calling Cards, Stickers, Blackout characters, Signature Weapons, and more. As you unlock these cosmetics by playing the game, you’ll earn more ways to express yourself than ever in both Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Operation: First Strike kicks off the first season of Contraband content in the Black Market on PS4 today. Also, starting tomorrow on PS4, players will get access to a free Halloween-themed Special Event stream with even more seasonal gear to earn! Both the first season of Contraband content in the Black Market and the Halloween Event will begin on other platforms one week later. Note: While start and end dates may vary by platform, limited-time Special Events like the Halloween Event will all run for the same duration for all platforms – this will allow all players the same amount of time to experience the content. Timing on updates to the game including bug fixes and other improvements will not be affected. Get more details on what the Black Market includes and how it works at the blog here.
- We’re also starting the weekend right with our first 2XP event, giving players on all platforms 2XP in Multiplayer and 2X Nebulium Plasma in Zombies through 10AM PT on Monday, October 22nd. Hope you’ve cleared your calendar.
- Leaderboards are now available for Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies. For Multiplayer and Blackout, players will start ranking on Leaderboards after playing 25 games.
- Addressed an issue where player-created paintjobs may appear corrupted or stretched when placed on weapons. Previously created paintjobs may appear shifted or skewed as a result and may need to be readjusted.
- As a result of significant architectural changes between updates, previous Theater files can no longer be viewed. While this is an unfortunate side effect of live game development, we will make every effort to keep instances of incompatibility to an absolute minimum.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Improved spawn points on various maps in Free For All and Domination.
- Added “Sprint Cancels Reload” to Options in the Controls category. When enabled, this allows players to cancel their weapon reload by starting a sprint. This will not prevent sprinting or reloading if players are already sprinting and perform a reload.
- Addressed several issues with mantling and other first-person combat animations.
- Fixed an exploit where a player could use Crash’s TAK-5 for the duration of the match.
- Addressed an issue where Ruin’s Grapple Gun would appear to float from the player’s hand.
- Addressed an issue where Nomad’s Vision Pulse visuals would remain on enemies after respawning and during Best Play.
- Improved pathfinding for Prophet’s Seeker on various maps.
- Corrected an issue with voiceover lines occasionally playing at incorrect times.
- Weapons & Attachments
- Addressed issues with weapon Camos appearing on unintended portions of weapons.
- Addressed an issue where some Reactive Camos were not displaying correctly.
- Addressed an issue where friendly Players, Equipment, and Scorestreaks would display thermal visuals in the NVIR Optic.
- Additional spawns added for various game modes.
- Extended the silo catwalk Control zone into the missile area to provide additional cover when attacking and defending.
- Addressed an issue with Engineer that allowed highlighted Equipment to occasionally obscure enemy players.
- Addressed an issue where the Gunship’s thermal visuals could remain on enemy Players.
- Addressed an issue where the Mantis could not be controlled after calling in a Strike Team.
- Team kills with the Sensor Dart in Hardcore no longer count toward Scorestreak progress.
- We’ve improved stability in Easter Egg quests and high-round play, and are currently working on addressing more crashes.
- Addressed an issue where in-game XP notifications were appearing in Zombies. The XP earn rate across all Zombies modes has been verified and is unchanged.
- Improved pathing for enemy Zombies.
- Addressed instances of Zombies Challenges displaying incorrect completion requirements.
- Addressed an issue causing a delay before players could activate consecutive Special Weapon melee attacks.
- Addressed an issue causing a slight delay before players could pick up a Power-Up.
- Weapon Camos
- Addressed issues with Camos not properly applying to weapons.
- Addressed issues with several Camo Challenges not displaying the correct unlock requirements.
- Addressed instances of Pack-a-Punch Camos not appearing on specific weapons.
- Addressed an issue where the second part of the boss battle occasionally wouldn’t trigger properly.
- Addressed multiple issues with overlapping voiceover lines.
- Custom Mutations:
- Addressed an issue where players were not earning Nebulium Plasma in Custom Mutations.
- Addressed several stability issues when using different Custom Mutation options.
- Addressed an issue where Zombies characters were displaying incorrectly in the Inspection menu.
- Addressed issues with Splitscreen stability in the Staging Area.
- Addressed an issue with Challenges incorrectly tracking wins in Duos and Quads.
- Awareness Perk:
- Maximum player footstep volume while active has been lowered.
- Material sounds are now more audible over larger distances while active.
- Fixed a crash related to equipping a Hellion Salvo with any Camo and the Fast Lock Attachment.
- Addressed an issue where right-clicking in the Scoreboard could prevent mouse functionality.
- Addressed an issue in the Paintshop where the paintjob preview wasn’t rendering properly.
- General stability improvements.
- Fixed an issue that should improve performance for players reporting stuttering. The Beenox team will continue to monitor performance closely for future updates.
- Improved network connection stability when using voice chat.
- Fixed an occasional crash during higher rounds on IX.
- Players can now report other users after viewing the Killcam.
- Addressed an issue where FOV didn’t properly reset after using a Gesture.
Beyond the patch notes, Treyarch also shared some of the issues they are still tracking:
- International Lobby Populations
- To our players experiencing trouble starting full Blackout and MP matches in certain areas at specific times of the day (parts of South America, South Africa, Australia, Asia, and the Middle East): we hear you. We are investigating multiple options to give everyone the best possible experience by connecting players to the closest well-populated server with without negatively impacting other players on that server. Please stay tuned as we roll out updates to help alleviate this issue.
- Zombies Weapon Camos
- Gold, Diamond, and Dark Matter camos will be coming to Zombies in a future update. We hear you loud and clear.
- Hosts Exiting Zombies
- We are aware of players’ games ending when the host exits. We’re working on a solution and will update you with further details soon.
CouRage explains what “killed” his love for CoD Multiplayer
Popular Call of Duty content creator CouRage revealed the main reason his love for CoD Multiplayer was “killed.”
CouRage has given fans the reason why he has lost his love for the standard Call of Duty Multiplayer mode.
Call of Duty has always been praised for its Multiplayer mode, which became its most popular aspect ever since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was released in 2007.
The Multiplayer mode spawned a massive community of players, some of which made a living through becoming professional players and content creators.
With the game developing so fast, many of these players have ultimately fallen out of love with the standard Multiplayer mode, with things like Warzone and other battle royale games becoming more appealing. With that being said, CouRage revealed why he no longer has the passion to play CoD Multiplayer.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is the latest installment in the franchise, which of course comes along with the classic Multiplayer mode that a lot of players look forward to every year.
Over the years, this mode has changed a lot, from Exo suits to the return of boots on the ground gameplay. As well as this, players began to realize that the game possessed a skill-based matchmaking system, which has since become a very controversial topic of conversation in recent years.
For those wondering why popular Call of Duty content creator CouRage isn’t grinding Vanguard’s Multiplayer mode, he revealed back in 2020 that “Skill based matchmaking” killed his love for Call of Duty’s Multiplayer mode, which is a system that pits similarly skilled players against each other.
In the tweet, CouRage explains that SBMM causes players to “sweat 100% of the time,” with no “pop off” games and “ability to use fun weapons,” asking Warzone to “save” him. This is very telling considering Warzone became his go-to game for quite some time.
- Read more: CoD: Vanguard’s 10 most popular weapons
A recent Reddit post brought this tweet back up for players to share their opinions on SBMM in Call of Duty. Some of the users are clearly in agreement with the streamer, with one comment saying:
“Matchmaking should not be skill based.. that why there is ranked mode to play on your own skills. Sadly they dont make competitive modes that rewards any way.”
Having said that, the community is definitely torn, as others feel as if SBMM is justified: “I feel like a lot of proficient COD players do not seem to understand that their “relaxed” games were built upon the backs of all of us who are mediocre to average players.”
Ultimately, SBMM was most likely introduced to make the game more accessible for new players, which may be a massive part of Call of Duty’s continued success. However, that clearly is alienating the more advanced and experienced players.
With CoD 2022 in the works, perhaps Activision will decide to switch it up, or players will be getting the same experience that may not be as appealing to the individuals who have been playing Call of Duty for years.
Image Credits: Activision
Clever CoD Zombies trick gives Chronicles players unlimited max ammo
CoD Zombies players have discovered a useful Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles trick that grants you unlimited max ammo drops.
Black Ops 3’s Zombies mode is popular among Call of Duty players, and now few of them have discovered a trick that grants you infinite max ammo drops in Zombies Chronicles.
Call of Duty players have been disappointed with Vanguard Zombies, and many of them have gone back to Black Ops 3. The game offers players 13 different maps after the release of Zombies Chronicles.
If you play enough times, you’re bound to pick up some useful tricks. Now one has been discovered that grants you infinite max ammo drops in the Zombies Chronicles Shangri-La map.
CoD Zombies trick for unlimited max ammo
Reddit user ‘I_Play_Zetsubou’ showcased this trick in the CoD Zombies subreddit. It requires you to drop into Shangri-La and acquire the Widow’s Wine Perk, which is located in the mines.
Zombie Monkeys will randomly appear whenever there’s a drop on the map. They attempt to steal the drop you need to kill them before you can collect it yourself. However, they can be helpful for this trick.
Here’s how you can get infinite ammo in CoD Zombies:
- Collect Widow’s Wine on Shangri-La
- Take out zombies until the Widow’s Wine grenade refill drop appears
- Let a Zombie Monkey steal the Widow’s Wine grenade drop
- Kill the Zombies Monkey after it cycles over the max ammo
This trick will keep filling up your max ammo, and you can repeat these steps to ensure that you never run out of rounds. While players have been able to visit this version of the map for a while, many of them were unaware of this tactic.
“I never would have noticed till you posted this,” commented one surprised user. So, if you find yourself running low on bullets when playing on the Shangri-La map, then this can save your life.
For more Call of Duty, check out this Bizarre Warzone glitch that breaks players’ audio after getting kills and how to fix Warzone Pacific & Modern Warfare’s Status Goldflake error.
Image credits: Treyarch
Call of Duty remains best-selling franchise in the US for 14th year in a row
After being released back in November, it has now been confirmed that Vanguard has continued Call of Duty’s long line of success.
Call of Duty continues to achieve success in the gaming industry year after year, as Vanguard continues its run of the best-selling game.
Official data and information regarding the United States Video Games Consumer Spread has revealed that Call of Duty has managed to continue its streak for the best-selling game within its release month for 14 years running.
Along with Warzone dominating the battle royale genre in gaming, Vanguard has also achieved success, keeping the franchise as prominent as ever.
The month of November 2021 saw various big-name games released, but one inevitably came out on top. In competition with Battlefield 2042 and even GTA the Definitive Edition, Call of Duty Vanguard managed to absolutely smash it once again by becoming the best-selling game of its release month.
Executive Director & Video Game Industry Advisor Mat Piscatella released the information via Twitter.
They Tweeted out the United States Video Games Consumer Spread for the month of November 2021, which showed Call of Duty top the charts yet again for the 14th year in a row.
They also revealed that Call of Duty: Vanguard is the “2nd best-selling game of 2021 to date [December 13, 2021].”
Behind Vanguard, Battlefield 2042 took the spot as the second best-selling game of November 2021, which isn’t much of a surprise as the two franchises stand as the most popular FPS games in the industry.
This is great news for the developer of Call of Duty Vanguard, as it wouldn’t be ideal if Vanguard became the installment that broke the franchise’s winning streak.
For more on Call of Duty news, stay tuned on CharlieINTEL.
Image Credits: Activision
Best Type 11 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 1
Here are all of the attachments and Perks you need to build the best Type 11 loadout in Warzone Pacific...
How to complete FIFA 22 Player Moments Ilkay Gundogan SBC
Ilkay Gundogan is looking like a great option in the midfield, and FUT players are going to want to complete...
FIFA FUT 22 Team of the Year Warmup Series: Start date, TOTY leaks, more
Before FIFA 22's Ultimate Team TOTY event, EA Sports are dropping a special Warmup Series promo to build hype.