A new patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, version 1.03, is now live on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The update is 8.9GB file size on PS4, 4GB on PC, and 11.5GB on Xbox One.
This new patch update brings the brand new Black Market System to PlayStation 4 (Xbox One and PC will get the system to follow seven days later). In addition, there’s a host of improvements, fixes, and more.
- Community Update – Operation: First Strike, 2XP/2X Nebulium, and Free Halloween Event
- Starting today for PS4 players, the Black Market is back! In Black Ops 4, we’re giving players more choices than ever before with the Contraband progression path to earn free cosmetic items as you play, including new Tags, Gestures, Outfits, Calling Cards, Stickers, Blackout characters, Signature Weapons, and more. As you unlock these cosmetics by playing the game, you’ll earn more ways to express yourself than ever in both Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Operation: First Strike kicks off the first season of Contraband content in the Black Market on PS4 today. Also, starting tomorrow on PS4, players will get access to a free Halloween-themed Special Event stream with even more seasonal gear to earn! Both the first season of Contraband content in the Black Market and the Halloween Event will begin on other platforms one week later. Note: While start and end dates may vary by platform, limited-time Special Events like the Halloween Event will all run for the same duration for all platforms – this will allow all players the same amount of time to experience the content. Timing on updates to the game including bug fixes and other improvements will not be affected. Get more details on what the Black Market includes and how it works at the blog here.
- We’re also starting the weekend right with our first 2XP event, giving players on all platforms 2XP in Multiplayer and 2X Nebulium Plasma in Zombies through 10AM PT on Monday, October 22nd. Hope you’ve cleared your calendar.
- Leaderboards are now available for Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies. For Multiplayer and Blackout, players will start ranking on Leaderboards after playing 25 games.
- Addressed an issue where player-created paintjobs may appear corrupted or stretched when placed on weapons. Previously created paintjobs may appear shifted or skewed as a result and may need to be readjusted.
- As a result of significant architectural changes between updates, previous Theater files can no longer be viewed. While this is an unfortunate side effect of live game development, we will make every effort to keep instances of incompatibility to an absolute minimum.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Improved spawn points on various maps in Free For All and Domination.
- Added “Sprint Cancels Reload” to Options in the Controls category. When enabled, this allows players to cancel their weapon reload by starting a sprint. This will not prevent sprinting or reloading if players are already sprinting and perform a reload.
- Addressed several issues with mantling and other first-person combat animations.
- Fixed an exploit where a player could use Crash’s TAK-5 for the duration of the match.
- Addressed an issue where Ruin’s Grapple Gun would appear to float from the player’s hand.
- Addressed an issue where Nomad’s Vision Pulse visuals would remain on enemies after respawning and during Best Play.
- Improved pathfinding for Prophet’s Seeker on various maps.
- Corrected an issue with voiceover lines occasionally playing at incorrect times.
- Weapons & Attachments
- Addressed issues with weapon Camos appearing on unintended portions of weapons.
- Addressed an issue where some Reactive Camos were not displaying correctly.
- Addressed an issue where friendly Players, Equipment, and Scorestreaks would display thermal visuals in the NVIR Optic.
- Additional spawns added for various game modes.
- Extended the silo catwalk Control zone into the missile area to provide additional cover when attacking and defending.
- Addressed an issue with Engineer that allowed highlighted Equipment to occasionally obscure enemy players.
- Addressed an issue where the Gunship’s thermal visuals could remain on enemy Players.
- Addressed an issue where the Mantis could not be controlled after calling in a Strike Team.
- Team kills with the Sensor Dart in Hardcore no longer count toward Scorestreak progress.
- We’ve improved stability in Easter Egg quests and high-round play, and are currently working on addressing more crashes.
- Addressed an issue where in-game XP notifications were appearing in Zombies. The XP earn rate across all Zombies modes has been verified and is unchanged.
- Improved pathing for enemy Zombies.
- Addressed instances of Zombies Challenges displaying incorrect completion requirements.
- Addressed an issue causing a delay before players could activate consecutive Special Weapon melee attacks.
- Addressed an issue causing a slight delay before players could pick up a Power-Up.
- Weapon Camos
- Addressed issues with Camos not properly applying to weapons.
- Addressed issues with several Camo Challenges not displaying the correct unlock requirements.
- Addressed instances of Pack-a-Punch Camos not appearing on specific weapons.
- Addressed an issue where the second part of the boss battle occasionally wouldn’t trigger properly.
- Addressed multiple issues with overlapping voiceover lines.
- Custom Mutations:
- Addressed an issue where players were not earning Nebulium Plasma in Custom Mutations.
- Addressed several stability issues when using different Custom Mutation options.
- Addressed an issue where Zombies characters were displaying incorrectly in the Inspection menu.
- Addressed issues with Splitscreen stability in the Staging Area.
- Addressed an issue with Challenges incorrectly tracking wins in Duos and Quads.
- Awareness Perk:
- Maximum player footstep volume while active has been lowered.
- Material sounds are now more audible over larger distances while active.
- Fixed a crash related to equipping a Hellion Salvo with any Camo and the Fast Lock Attachment.
- Addressed an issue where right-clicking in the Scoreboard could prevent mouse functionality.
- Addressed an issue in the Paintshop where the paintjob preview wasn’t rendering properly.
- General stability improvements.
- Fixed an issue that should improve performance for players reporting stuttering. The Beenox team will continue to monitor performance closely for future updates.
- Improved network connection stability when using voice chat.
- Fixed an occasional crash during higher rounds on IX.
- Players can now report other users after viewing the Killcam.
- Addressed an issue where FOV didn’t properly reset after using a Gesture.
Beyond the patch notes, Treyarch also shared some of the issues they are still tracking:
- International Lobby Populations
- To our players experiencing trouble starting full Blackout and MP matches in certain areas at specific times of the day (parts of South America, South Africa, Australia, Asia, and the Middle East): we hear you. We are investigating multiple options to give everyone the best possible experience by connecting players to the closest well-populated server with without negatively impacting other players on that server. Please stay tuned as we roll out updates to help alleviate this issue.
- Zombies Weapon Camos
- Gold, Diamond, and Dark Matter camos will be coming to Zombies in a future update. We hear you loud and clear.
- Hosts Exiting Zombies
- We are aware of players’ games ending when the host exits. We’re working on a solution and will update you with further details soon.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How to get Warzone Phoenix Inferno blueprint
Warzone players love a good weapon blueprint, especially ones with as much detail as the latest Phoenix Inferno blueprint for...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...