A new patch update for Call of Duty: WWII is live now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It is version 1.18 and is 2.5GB file size. The update will be available next week on PC.
The new update brings the new Cavalry Division and three new Basic Trainings, alongside other updates to the game.
- NEW Division: CAVALRY – The Cavalry is an objective-focused Division that leads the way forward to victory. This new Division wields the Cavalry Shield, which offers protection against enemy attacks. The Cavalry Division also has improved objective capabilities, which include capturing Domination flags faster, planting bombs in S&D quicker, and swiftly building and destroying walls in War Mode. To make this the true team-play Division, the Cavalry also gets more score from objectives, and every two assists equal a kill. Lastly, the Cavalry can get back to the objective quicker (and ram enemies on the way) by entering a Shield Charge while sprinting. When used expertly, the Cavalry can change the tide of battle and get that tank across the line. See below for more details on what “improved objective capabilities” entails.
- NEW Basic Trainings:
- Escalation – If you love rushing with an SMG, then the Escalation Basic Training was made for you. After each kill, you can aim down sights twice as fast for a short period. This allows you to snap on to targets and take them down in rapid succession. Double Kills with Escalation instantly refill your magazine, so that you can keep slaying the opposition.
- Wanderlust – The new Wanderlust Basic Training is similar to personal Gun Game. Each life, you respawn with a new random gun (which has up to 6 attachments). And pressing TRIANGLE or Y (weapon switch) will provide a new weapon. This unusual Basic Training makes each life feel unique as you use whatever weaponry is available.
- Specialist – When equipped, Specialist allows you to select 3 Basic Trainings to earn instead of Scorestreaks. At 200, 400, and 600 score, you unlock each Basic Training. And at 800 score, you are granted all Basic Trainings in the game. Progress resets on death, so stay alert. Specialist allows skilled players to feel the power of having multiple Basic Trainings at once.
- Infected mode continues! Find it in the Party Games tab.
- Fixed issue where camera is zoomed in when players load into War Mode on Operation Neptune HQ
- Fixed issue where players were able to start 1v1 matches in the Firing Range
- Fixed issue where players were unable to take on obtain Contracts
- Fixed issue where players were unable to edit reticles for various Division slots
- Various UI fixes and improvements (typos, text descriptions, error messages, notification icons, AAR, ammo counters, menu navigation, Firing Range, weapon animations, supply drop menus, Quartermaster menus, Ranked Play menus, floating gamertags in split screen, Calling Cards)
- Fixed UI functionality loss issue experienced when players were in the process of Prestiging
- Fixed issue where Prestige Unlock Token UI was present when it shouldn’t be
- Fixed issue where audio was not present when rotating or changing Paintjob decals
- Fixed issue where when a match ends due to a disconnect, all players were receiving losses for Placement matches instead of a voided result
Cavalry III Improved Objective Capabilities:
- Search and Destroy/Demolition: Quick plant/defuse, Silent plant/defuse
- Domination: Quick Cap
- Hardpoint: Held XP (awards for staying in the zone)
- Capture the Flag: Flag location on mini-map updates less frequently, plus 20 health shield when holding flag
- Gridiron: Ball location on mini-map updates less frequently, plus an extra 30 health shield when holding flag (total of 130 health shield while holding flag)
- Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All: Every two assists/crossfires awards a “Cavalry Assist/Crossfire,” which equals a kill
- Core Objective speed is not affected (i.e. Tank push speed unaffected, objective bomb plant speed unaffected, captive-untying speed unaffected, flag raise speed unaffected, etc.)
- Quicker Builds/Destroys (of walls, barbed wire, tank spikes, etc.)
- Receive XP while Securing hardpoint zones
- Receive XP while Escorting Tank and at Tank Checkpoints
- Various UI and art fixes and improvements (Camouflage menus, subtitles, supply drop icons, description text, timers, AAR, typos, prompt messages, ammo counters, objective UI, weapon animations)
- Fixed issue where players were loading in with default “No Preference,” despite having selected a character preference
- Fixed UI issue with chapter progress boxes in split screen
- Fixed issue where players attempting to navigate Orders menu were redirected to Contracts Menu
Warzone devs ‘fast-tracking’ fix for weapon glitch
Infinity Ward has posted a tweet confirming the studio is fast tracking a fix for the weapon glitch occurring in Call of Duty: Warzone, especially on PC.
The glitch blows the weapon’s polygon out of proportion when rendering causing it to block the entire screen.
This issue started to happen with the Season 5 update last week and is continuing to cause issues for many PC players. Many of the largest PC creators have voiced their frustration over the issue.
In a tweet, the studio confirms they are working to get out a fix ASAP.
A release time frame for this fix is not confirmed at the time of this writing, so stay tuned for updates.
Call of Duty: WWII now available for free with PS Plus on PS4
As announced on May 25, Call of Duty: WWII is one of the free games for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 for the month of June.
Call of Duty: WWII is now available for download on the PlayStation 4 store and is listed as free as long as you have an active PlayStation Plus membership on your account. Once you download it, it is yours to keep forever, as along as you maintain an active PlayStation Plus subscription.
Visit the PlayStation Store HERE to download. Players are also receiving 1,100 Call of Duty Points by downloading Call of Duty: WWII.
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII – a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.
Call of Duty®: WWII creates the definitive World War II next generation experience across three different game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative. Featuring stunning visuals, the Campaign transports players to the European theater. Multiplayer marks a return to original, boots-on-the ground Call of Duty® gameplay. Authentic weapons and traditional run-and-gun action immerse you in a vast array of World War II–themed locations.
Call of Duty: WWII was first released in 2017 and developed by Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. The title was Call of Duty’s big venture back to its roots of WWII era since the original release.
Call of Duty: WWII features a full campaign experience, multiplayer experience with new modes like War mode and Headquarters social space, and the co-op Nazi Zombies experience.
The base game is included with PS Plus, and there’s four DLC packs for Call of Duty: WWII also available as an add-on purchase with additional MP maps, War mode maps, and Nazi Zombies experiences.
Call of Duty: WWII is available for FREE with PlayStation Plus from now through Tuesday, July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII will be FREE with PlayStation Plus on PS4 in June
PlayStation has announced that a Call of Duty game will be FREE with PlayStation Plus for PlayStation 4 players in June.
The company has announced that the 2017 release of Call of Duty: WWII will be one of the PlayStation Plus free games in June.
Players on PlayStation 4 who are PS Plus subscribers will be able to download and play Call of Duty: WWII for FREE starting Tuesday, May 26 from the PlayStation 4 store on their console.
Once you download it, you can own it permanently as long as you have an active PS+ membership. The offer to download this expires July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII first released on November 2017 and was Sledgehammer Games’ last Call of Duty game release. The title debuted as one of the best selling Call of Duty games on this generation, featuring a campaign taking players back to WWII-era, multiplayer with War mode and Headquarters social place, alongside Nazi Zombies.
Call of Duty: WWII is the third free Call of Duty title for PS Plus members in history. The first was Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in June 2018, followed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered in March 2019.
Ranked Apex: How much RP do you get from kills and placements?
A Reddit user has put together a handy guide to earning RP in Ranked Apex Legends, showing the requirements to...
How to get Red Dead Online standalone
Rockstar has announced that Red Dead Online will be a standalone game. Here's how to get your copy.
5 top tips and best spots to dominate Nuketown ’84 in Black Ops Cold War
It's time to make Nuketown your town with our 5 top tips and best spots to dominate Nuketown '84 in...