Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is version 1.07 and is 8.5GB (on PS4).
Infinity Ward had been hinting at some of the changes coming with this update, which included promised changes to claymores, weapon tuning, platform stability, footstep adjustments, and more. This update also includes bug fixes across the board, including for Spec Ops.
This patch update also introduces two new maps: Shoot House (6v6) and Krovink Farmland (Ground War) into MP, free for everyone on all platforms.
Modern Warfare Update Patch Notes
NEW FREE MAPS!
- We’ve added Krovnik Farmland to Ground War and Shoot House to Multiplayer!
NEW PLAYLISTS AND A NEW MODE!
Going live on Friday…
- Hardpoint is now in rotation!
- Shoot House 24/7! This includes a mixture of Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters
And yes, all of this new content is available for everyone, for free, across all platforms! We’re so excited to share this new content with all of you and this is just the beginning. Thank you all for playing and keep the feedback coming!
RobH Web Developer
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health
Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We’ll have more updates to these systems in future updates.
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE
Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
- Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
- Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Operation Paladin:
- Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
With the right attachments, the Sykov pistol is unstoppable at close-range. Here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Also, we recommend you finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early can cause issues with the progress not counting, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
How to unlock Akimbo for the Sykov pistol
What makes the Sykov so powerful is its Akimbo perk. This isn’t unlocked as a regular challenge, you’ll need to get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
The challenge description is reportedly bugged and will tell you to use the Renetti, but you need to use the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
Again, this challenge is easy in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. We recommend playing Hardcore Shipment and Shoothouse as you’ll get the kills in no time.
For Warzone, we recommend hopping into Plunder. Equip Mo’Money to your Sykov and take close-range fights and you should be able to get at least three kills.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
JGOD explains whether or not Warzone Kilo got secret buff
Warzone expert JGOD has crunched the numbers and explains if the Kilo received a secret buff in the popular Call...
Apex Legends gets new Bocek Bow and Infested Olympus for Season 9: Legacy
Apex Legends officially reveals Season 9 details about Infested Olympus and a previously leaked Bocek Bow weapon arriving in Legacy.
When is Warzone’s nuke event? Date, time, details, and how to watch
Warzone's rumored Season 2 nuke event is almost upon us, so here's how to watch it, as well as the...