Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is version 1.07 and is 8.5GB (on PS4).
Infinity Ward had been hinting at some of the changes coming with this update, which included promised changes to claymores, weapon tuning, platform stability, footstep adjustments, and more. This update also includes bug fixes across the board, including for Spec Ops.
This patch update also introduces two new maps: Shoot House (6v6) and Krovink Farmland (Ground War) into MP, free for everyone on all platforms.
Modern Warfare Update Patch Notes
NEW FREE MAPS!
- We’ve added Krovnik Farmland to Ground War and Shoot House to Multiplayer!
NEW PLAYLISTS AND A NEW MODE!
Going live on Friday…
- Hardpoint is now in rotation!
- Shoot House 24/7! This includes a mixture of Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters
And yes, all of this new content is available for everyone, for free, across all platforms! We’re so excited to share this new content with all of you and this is just the beginning. Thank you all for playing and keep the feedback coming!
RobH Web Developer
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health
Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We’ll have more updates to these systems in future updates.
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE
Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
- Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
- Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Operation Paladin:
- Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand
Best CX-9 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
Here are the attachments and Perks you can run with the highly-anticipated CX-9 SMG in Warzone and Modern Warfare to make its best loadout.
The CX-9 SMG finally arrived last season and is still a great option in Season 6, so here is how to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout to dominate your enemies.
The CX-9 was released alongside the Sykov Pistol in Season 4, and in Season 6, it’s still a very viable SMG that can shred at close range.
Here are the attachments and perks to run with this SMG to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Table of Contents
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best perks to use with CX-9 class
- Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
- How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FR
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 50 Round Drums
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout is excellent in those close-quarters engagements, but due to the random nature of Warzone, we’ve built it to be a little bit more versatile.
The CX-38S barrel has two significant benefits. It’s already got a Monolithic Suppressor attached, which frees up a slot, and it improves almost every aspect of the weapon. You’ll see the CX-9 has a more effective range, recoil control, and your shots will be hidden from the minimap.
- Read more: Are there bots in Warzone?
Next, we’ve added the Tac Laser and CX-FR stock to the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. Your CX-9 will now be much quicker, allowing you to snap onto enemies even if they take you by surprise.
The Merc Foregrip is always a solid choice for Modern Warfare SMGs, as it improves both recoil control and hip-fire accuracy for the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. And finally, the 50 Round Drums will allow you to down and kill multiple enemies without reloading when using the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FA
- Ammunition: 30 Round Mags
- Perk: Sleight of Hand
This CX-9 is built almost purely for speed but with a larger magazine and longer barrel for taking out targets at medium range.
To start, we’ve opted for the CX-38S barrel, which improves almost every aspect of the CX-9. You’ll see a huge boost in damage range, bullet velocity, and even recoil control – while having your shots suppressed. The only downside is a slower ADS speed, which we’ll correct with the rest of the attachments.
Modern Warfare’s engagements usually take place in the confines of 6v6 maps, so you want a bit more speed with your weapon. To do this, we’ve opted for the Tac Laser and CX-FA stock. With these, your ADS speed, movement, and weapon stability will see a welcome improvement.
And finally, we’ve added the 30 Round Mags and Sleight of Hand Perk. The 30 Round Mag gives a solid boost to magazine size without slowing you down too much, and Sleight of Hand vastly increases your reload speed to keep you in the fight. If you want more bullets in your mag, you can always take the 50 Round Drums instead.
Best perks to use with CX-9 class
Best Warzone CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
E.O.D will help you survive a barrage of explosives, keeping you in the fight at all times. Overkill will allow you to take the CX-9 alongside a long-range weapon such as the Krig 6, and then you can take Ghost from your next loadout to hide from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Read more: Best perks to use in Call of Duty: Warzone
Finally, the Amped Perk allows you to switch between weapons quickly, so you’re never caught defenseless.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, E.O.D is vital to ensuring you don’t get taken out by a well-placed Frag Grenade or Semtex.
- Read More: Best Swiss K31 loadout for CoD: Warzone
Then, the Ghost Perk will make sure you can always remain stealthy when an enemy pops a UAV.
Last but not least, Battle-Hardened significantly reduces the effect of Stuns and Flashbangs, so you’re never rendered defenseless by Tactical Grenades.
Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout was on the receiving end of a bug and nerf in the August 5 update for the Call of Duty battle royale, which caught plenty of players by surprise, considering the weapon had only been in the game for a short time before Raven Software rolled out an update for it.
- Read More: Best Warzone guns weapon tier list
You can find all of the changes the August 5 update made to this SMG below:
- Increased mid damage range from 20 to 21
- Increased Headshot Multiplier from 1.4 to 1.45
How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The CX-9 is a Modern Warfare weapon, so you won’t be able to unlock or use it in Black Ops Cold War. Luckily, it has an easily unlock requirement: Get 2 Longshot Kills while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
Because this is Modern Warfare, you don’t need to finish the match either. You can get two longshot kills with an SMG, back out, and repeat until you’ve unlocked the weapon.
Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Read More: Best Bullfrog loadout in CoD: Warzone
If you’re looking for more great weapons, then you can check out some of this season’s best Warzone loadouts below:
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
CoD 2022 reportedly titled ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II’
New rumors appear to have revealed the name of Call of Duty 2022, which is expected to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
A new rumor claims to reveal the name of the 2022 Call of Duty title, which is set to be a sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019.
The new rumor, from leaker Tom Henderson, states that the name of the 2022 Call of Duty game will be ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.’
This information lines up with what CharlieIntel has also heard about the 2022 Call of Duty game, although we’d caution that Activision can change the name at any point leading to the reveal.
The 2022 Call of Duty title from Infinity Ward is set to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019 and feature a story that focuses on the Colombian drug cartels.
The game is currently codenamed Project Cortez, according to leaked NVIDIA files.
Infinity Ward’s last title, Modern Warfare 2019, has gone on to become the most successful Call of Duty game of all time. It was the title that also introduced the free to play Warzone experience.
Infinity Ward recently announced the opening of a new studio in Austin, Texas to compliment their California, Poland, and Mexico offices.
Official information on the Call of Duty 2022 title is very sparse and not official announcement is to be expected until late Summer 2022.
The next Call of Duty game is set to be Call of Duty: Vanguard from Sledgehammer Games, releasing on Friday, November 5. Vanguard includes a WWII-based campaign, multiplayer, and Zombies experience.
RAAL LMG returns to Warzone & Modern Warfare in October 8 update
The RAAL LMG was mistakenly removed from Warzone and Modern Warfare, but Raven Software has now returned it to the Gunsmith.
Warzone and Modern Warfare fans were left baffled after the RAAL LMG was removed in the Season 6 update. But Raven Software added it back on October 8, confirming it was a mistake.
It was months ago that the RAAL LMG briefly appeared in Warzone as loot and was quickly removed soon after. Then after much waiting, players finally got their hands on the RAAL in Warzone and Modern Warfare, but it was then secretly removed in the Season 6 update.
Players were obviously left baffled as to why it would be removed. But, Raven Software released an update on October 8 that made changes to Iron Trials and also added the RAAL LMG back to the game, confirming it was a mistake.
Whilst Warzone guru JGOD doesn’t believe the RAAL LMG is a meta weapon that all players should be using, he still thinks it’s a viable gun. Which is even more of a reason why players were so shocked to see it disappear without warning.
The removal was made very public knowledge thanks to a Tweet from ModernWarzone, and it took some players off-guard.
But, RAAL fans can relax, as the LMG has been added back to Warzone in the October 8 update. At the end of the patch notes, Raven Software said “Oops,” and confirmed that “the RAAL MG (MW) is back.”
It didn’t quite disappear for everyone, as it seemed that if you had the RAAL MG in a loadout, then you could still use it, but couldn’t alter the attachments on it.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software
NICKMERCS explains what weapon will replace every other SMG in Warzone
There are plenty of powerful SMGs in Call of Duty: Warzone, but NICKMERCS believes that one specific SMG will replace...
Warzone October 21 playlist update officially delayed
The Call of Duty: Warzone playlist update for October 21 has been officially delayed following an announcement from raven Software.
Best Milano 821 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
The Milano remains a great option in CoD: Warzone Season 6, so here are the attachments and Perks you should...