Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is version 1.07 and is 8.5GB (on PS4).
Infinity Ward had been hinting at some of the changes coming with this update, which included promised changes to claymores, weapon tuning, platform stability, footstep adjustments, and more. This update also includes bug fixes across the board, including for Spec Ops.
This patch update also introduces two new maps: Shoot House (6v6) and Krovink Farmland (Ground War) into MP, free for everyone on all platforms.
Modern Warfare Update Patch Notes
NEW FREE MAPS!
- We’ve added Krovnik Farmland to Ground War and Shoot House to Multiplayer!
NEW PLAYLISTS AND A NEW MODE!
Going live on Friday…
- Hardpoint is now in rotation!
- Shoot House 24/7! This includes a mixture of Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters
And yes, all of this new content is available for everyone, for free, across all platforms! We’re so excited to share this new content with all of you and this is just the beginning. Thank you all for playing and keep the feedback coming!
RobH Web Developer
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health
Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We’ll have more updates to these systems in future updates.
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE
Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
- Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
- Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Operation Paladin:
- Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand
Best Uzi class for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
The Uzi is one of the most powerful weapons in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, so here is how you can make the best class for this SMG.
The Uzi is one of the strongest weapons can use in their battles when playing Modern Warfare, so here is how you can make the best Uzi class for Modern Warfare to dominate.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare may not be the main focus of the popular first-person shooter franchise right now, with Black Ops Cold War and Warzone taking the spotlight, but there is still a large player base who enjoy playing the 2019 game.
There are plenty of exciting weapons players have at their disposal in Modern Warfare, with one of the best being the Uzi SMG.
This close-quarters weapon allows for a very aggressive playstyle that can dominate with the SMG‘s power up-close.
With this in mind, here is what you need to know to make the best Modern Warfare Uzi class to destroy all of your enemies.
Best Modern Warfare Uzi class
Best Modern Warfare Uzi class attachments
- Barrel: FSS Carbine Pro
- Laser: 5mW Laser
- Stock: No Stock
- Ammunition: .41 AE 32-Round Mags
- Underbarrel: Ranger Foregrip
We will start with the FSS Carbine Pro barrel, which will give you extra damage range, bullet velocity, and recoil control.
The 5mW Laser will increase your hip-fire accuracy and sprint to fire speed to help you become a threat in close-quarter battles.
- Read More: Modern Warfare players frustrated after mid-game loadout edits disabled after Warzone glitch
Having the No Stock attachment will provide a huge boost in movement speed and aim down sight speed to help you be even quicker around maps.
Finally, the Ranger Foregrip will give you recoil control and aiming stability to help you land all of your shots, while the .41 AE 32-Round Mags will provide the best Modern Warfare Uzi class with extra damage and range.
Best perks for Uzi class
- Perk 1 – Double Time
- Perk 2 – High Alert
- Perk 3 – Battle Hardened
Using Double Time will help you have a longer tactical sprint time to help make you even more aggressive when using this SMG class.
High Alert will show you the direction that enemies outside of your view are aiming at you, which will help you avoid getting shot from the sides or behind.
Battle Hardened will allow you to take less damage from enemy explosives in what can be the difference between winning or losing a gunfight.
There is no doubt that players who use the best Modern Warfare Uzi class will find a great deal of success in all of their future matches in the popular Call of Duty title.
Image Credits: Activision / Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare players frustrated after mid-game loadout edits disabled after Warzone glitch
Modern Warfare players have been left frustrated after a Warzone glitch has forced devs to remove the ability to edit classes mid-game.
Modern Warfare players can no longer edit their loadouts mid-game, thanks to the feature being disabled in Warzone after it caused several bugs and exploits.
The Warzone Season 4 update gave battle royale players the option to edit their loadouts in the pre-game lobby. This was a highly requested feature, but Raven Software was forced to remove it after players could bring their loadouts into the start of the match, get infinite Dead Silence, and even exploit the game to get access to Weapon Blueprints and camos.
However, the solution has left Modern Warfare players frustrated as they can no longer edit their classes during multiplayer matches.
Call of Duty’s new joint progression system has allowed 2019’s Modern Warfare to stay alive and active long after its content cycle ended. However, MW players have been frustrated that the game has become a ‘Cold War advertisement’ and want the game to become separate once Vanguard releases.
Raven Software were forced to disable the ability to edit loadouts in Warzone’s pre-game lobby and in matches of Plunder after players found an exploit that gave them free camos and Blueprints, even getting Dark matter on Modern Warfare weapons. However, this also affected Modern Warfare.
Posting to Reddit on July 22, BeneficialOstrich69 pointed out that they could no longer edit their loadout during matches of Modern Warfare following this change. This wasn’t a glitch on their end, as several other players reported the same issue.
Players were frustrated, saying they were taking the system, which has been in Call of Duty for years, for granted. “So people who play only multiplayer suffers cuz of warzone,” stated one player.
While the camo swap glitch was much more common in Warzone because of Cold War weapons being there, it could still be accomplished in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer.
Once Raven Software figures out how to prevent the glitch, the ability to swap loadouts and camos should appear back in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer alongside Warzone, Plunder, and the new Payload game mode.
Image Credit: Activision
What is the average Call of Duty: Modern Warfare K/D ratio?
Despite how long Modern Warfare has been out, players still wonder how their K/D compares to everyone else, and we have a solid answer.
Modern Warfare is still a very popular game in 2021, and we’ve gathered some data to see what makes the cut as an average K/D ratio.
Despite releasing in November 2019, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has managed to retain quite a bit of its fan base. Some players haven’t gotten on board with Treyarch’s Black Ops Cold War, or enjoy Modern Warfare and use it to unlock guns, camos, and attachments for Warzone.
In any event, tons of games of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are still being fought out each day, and K/Ds are changing all the time. For those who don’t know, a kill-to-death ratio is how many kills a player manages to achieve for every death e.g if you finished a game with 2 kills and 1 death you’d finish with a 2 to 1 K/D.
But what is the average K/D in Modern Warfare? Let’s find out.
Modern Warfare 2019 average kill-to-death ratio
It needs to be said that lobbies and K/Ds have been greatly affected by the controversial matter of SBMM.
SBMM has been looked on negatively by the majority of the Call of Duty community as it has taken some of the mystery and fun away from matchmaking.
It’s also meant that better players will be punished more regularly by being placed in better lobbies. As such, the average K/D is basically lower than it has been in recent games.
The general consensus is that if you are in the 0.85-1.05 K/D region, then you’re in a decent spot in Modern Warfare. In early years, a solid 1.00-1.05 could be considered the minimum for a KD ratio.
It becomes quite self-explanatory after this as if you’re under 0.85 then you’re probably falling a bit below the average K/D ratio. However, if you’re above 1.05, then you’re definitely doing better than the average Modern Warfare player.
If you’re massively well below 0.85, then you might want to reconsider the strategy and weapons you’re using. Conversely, if you’re smashing well above a 1.05 K/D ratio, then you know what you’re doing.
Image Credit: Activision / Infinity Ward
When does CoD: Mobile Season 6 start? The Heat update release time
Season 6 of CoD: Mobile has been revealed, and we have the release time for The Heat update covered for...
When did Fortnite Battle Royale come out? Release date
Fortnite Battle Royale has been out for some time, but players continue to ask when did Fortnite come out, so...
Activision Blizzard employees sign letter to company executives over ‘insulting’ statements in response to lawsuit
Over 1,000 employees respond to the company's executives, asking for better responses and a way to move forward.