Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is version 1.07 and is 8.5GB (on PS4).
Infinity Ward had been hinting at some of the changes coming with this update, which included promised changes to claymores, weapon tuning, platform stability, footstep adjustments, and more. This update also includes bug fixes across the board, including for Spec Ops.
This patch update also introduces two new maps: Shoot House (6v6) and Krovink Farmland (Ground War) into MP, free for everyone on all platforms.
Modern Warfare Update Patch Notes
NEW FREE MAPS!
- We’ve added Krovnik Farmland to Ground War and Shoot House to Multiplayer!
NEW PLAYLISTS AND A NEW MODE!
Going live on Friday…
- Hardpoint is now in rotation!
- Shoot House 24/7! This includes a mixture of Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters
And yes, all of this new content is available for everyone, for free, across all platforms! We’re so excited to share this new content with all of you and this is just the beginning. Thank you all for playing and keep the feedback coming!
RobH Web Developer
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health
Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We’ll have more updates to these systems in future updates.
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE
Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
- Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
- Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Operation Paladin:
- Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This playlist update is the final new playlist update for Season 5 of the game.
As part of this being the final weekend for Season 5, Infinity Ward has activated the following in game:
- Double XP
- Double Weapon XP
- 2X Tier Progression
Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression will end with the end of Season 5, which is set for September 29.
In addition, there’s an updated playlist option in Warzone. Infinity Ward has added Warzone Mini Royale mode for the weekend. In case you need a refresher, here’s what Mini Royale is:
This weekend only, battle in Warzone Mini Royale Trios. A short, sweet, and intense variant, Mini Royale likens the experience to the first and final minutes of a standard Battle Royale match. Other Warzone playlists available throughout the week include Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Plunder Quads.
Drop in and finish up those Season 5 Battle Passes before it ends!
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6: Date, Subway, & Operators
Activision and Infinity Ward announced that Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone begins on Tuesday, September 29.
The company released a new cinematic trailer for Season 6, unveiling the new operators coming including Farrah and Nikolai.
The trailer also revealed the new Subway system coming to Warzone, allowing players a new way to traverse the map as they play.
Here’s a look at the Subway system:
The Call of Duty blog has provided more details on what to expect from the two new Operators, who are part of the upcoming Season 6 Battle Pass.
“This occupation must end. That we can all agree on, yes?”
The founder and Commander of the Urzikstani Liberation Force, Farah, grew up a fighter after surviving imprisonment by Roman Barkov. She’s an exceptional soldier and leader that’s known a lifetime of war. Her skills have been further honed with additional training with the SAS, and she’s led dangerous missions to fight off Al-Qatala forces and other regimes stationed in her country.
Following the events of Campaign, Farah joins the Chimera of the Allegiance reuniting with Iskra, a former scout of hers. Farah is instantly unlocked at Tier 0 of the Season Six Battle Pass. In addition to Farah’s base skin, players can earn additional skins and other rewards by completing her Operator Missions.
“Nikolai, you’ve been a bad boy.” “From you that’s a compliment.”
Nikolai is the leader of the Chimera, a PMC within the Allegiance. A long-time friend to Captain Price, Nikolai initially worked with Price, Kamarov, and Kate Laswell to build the Armistice to stop the rise of a new AQ. After the Armisitice collapse, Nikolai now takes the battle in his own hands to stop Zakhaev.
Nikolai is a Russian patriot at heart with a deep love for his country only matched by his love for weaponry. He’s known as a fixer and can acquire most anything, anywhere. Despite his murky background, he’ll always choose what’s right when it counts. Nikolai is unlocked at Tier 100 of the Season Six Battle Pass. Players can complete Operator Missions to earn additional skins for Nikolai and other rewards.
Season 6 will begin on Sept. 29 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Alongside the new content teased in the trailer, there will also be more to come in MP.
Stay tuned for the latest on Season 6.
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: 2XP & Store Bundles
Call of Duty Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for the week of September 21.
This week sees 24/7 Shipment and 24/7 Shoot House, and new playlists Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone, alongside Gunfight 3v3 Snipers.
And, in Warzone, Warzone Mini Royale Trios is available.
This is also the final week of Season 5 in Modern Warfare & Warzone. Season 6 is set to begin Sept. 29, so Infinity Ward will add Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression starting Friday, Sept. 25 at 10AM PT and ending with the Season 5 end.
This week will also see new store bundles for fans to pick up who want to customize their operators and weapons, including the Tracer Anime Pack and new Alex Bundle.
Here’s the breakdown from Activision Blog:
This week the Shoot the Ship-tember playlist is breaking off into 24/7 Shoot House and 24/7 Shipment, players can battle in a trio in Gunfight 3v3 Snipers, experience an objective moshpit in Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone, and play in the weekend only Warzone mode – Mini Royale Trios. Plus, players will get Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass progression earn rate starting this weekend!
A double dose of objective fun is available in the Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone mosh pit. In Deathmatch Domination, earn points for capturing objective and eliminating enemy players so OBJ and slayers can earn score. In Drop Zone, hold the objective to receive the gift of Care Packages and a flurry of Killstreaks that keeps the match interesting. All Care Packages are up for grabs, it just takes longer to capture enemy packages, but good things are worth the wait.
Get with your squad and battle in Gunfight 3v3 Snipers. Map knowledge is key to success in this sniper shoot-out as is teammate communication. Make callouts and watch the flag during Overtime. Pro-tip: Consider closing the distance and performing a Finishing Move while the enemy reloads for an epic Killcam.
Get a new look for Ghost in the ‘Beyond the Pale’ bundle with his ‘Dreadwood’ skin. The bundle also includes two Legendary blueprints – the Spanish Moss and Old Road – a watch, calling card, emblem, spray, quip, weapon charm, and gesture.
Put the enemy on notice with the ‘Notice Me: IV’ bundle. It’s included blueprint, Showcase, deals high damage and has extra oomph in both the range in accuracy category making this a sniper rifle worth noticing. In addition to the Epic Showcase sniper blueprint, players will also get a weapon charm, calling card, and emblem when they pick up the bundle in Store.
This weekend only, battle in Warzone Mini Royale Trios. A short, sweet, and intense variant, Mini Royale likens the experience to the first and final minutes of a standard Battle Royale match. Other Warzone playlists available throughout the week include Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Plunder Quads. Then hop over to Multiplayer to choose between 24/7 Shipment or 24/7 Shoot House for your close quarters mosh pit mayhem. Whichever mode you choose, you’ll get Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass progression earn rate starting on September 25 at 10AM PT to September 28 at 10AM PT.
SOURCE: Call of Duty Blog
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
First Black Ops Cold War Zombies teaser found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...
Xfinity customers can get Black Ops Cold War Beta Codes
Xfinity has announced a partnership with Activision to provide Black Ops Cold War Early Access Beta codes for subscribers. Xfinity...