Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is version 1.07 and is 8.5GB (on PS4).
Infinity Ward had been hinting at some of the changes coming with this update, which included promised changes to claymores, weapon tuning, platform stability, footstep adjustments, and more. This update also includes bug fixes across the board, including for Spec Ops.
This patch update also introduces two new maps: Shoot House (6v6) and Krovink Farmland (Ground War) into MP, free for everyone on all platforms.
Modern Warfare Update Patch Notes
NEW FREE MAPS!
- We’ve added Krovnik Farmland to Ground War and Shoot House to Multiplayer!
NEW PLAYLISTS AND A NEW MODE!
Going live on Friday…
- Hardpoint is now in rotation!
- Shoot House 24/7! This includes a mixture of Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters
And yes, all of this new content is available for everyone, for free, across all platforms! We’re so excited to share this new content with all of you and this is just the beginning. Thank you all for playing and keep the feedback coming!
RobH Web Developer
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health
Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We’ll have more updates to these systems in future updates.
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE
Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
- Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
- Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Operation Paladin:
- Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand
New Modern Warfare Season 7 leaks: Soap, weapons, more
A fresh leak has revealed that season 7 of CoD: Modern Warfare is coming with the game set for a new Soap operator, new weapons, and more.
Despite the ongoing success of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare is set to continue with a brand new Season 7. A leak has hinted at a new Soap operator, some new weapons to use, and a lot more.
It seemed like we said goodbye to Modern Warfare back in September with the game set to make way for the next entry in the franchise – Black Ops Cold War. However, a new leak has suggested that not only is the game not going away, but it’s set to be bolstered by a slew of fresh content.
The exciting leak has given us some insight as to what we can expect with most areas of the game being targeted for an update.
Modern Warfare Season 7 release date
If the reported leak from popular YouTube personality TheGamingRevolution turns out to be 100% factual, then we can expect Season 7 to drop on March 11.
The specific dates arise from the LTM Zombies Outbreak mode ending on that specific date, and speculation that Modern Warfare season 7 will fill this void.
New Modern Warfare Soap Operator
We mentioned a while back that a Soap Operator Bundle had been leaked for Warzone, and now it’s finally being implemented.
The legendary Call of Duty Captain is set to return to the series and he’s bringing with him different variants, three new Legendary weapon Blueprints, and the usual selection of Charms, Emblems, and Sprays.
Fans of Soap will have to part with 2,400 CoD Points, each, if they want to add this new Operator to their collection.
New multiplayer maps in Modern Warfare Season 7
In addition to new Operators, we are also set for some new maps to duke it out on as the leak indicates that the game’s array of multiplayer maps will also be expanded upon as well.
First up is Al Raab Airbase and this brand new location appears to be a large outdoor map with a big hangar near the middle of it. Also on the way is a reimagining of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s DLC map – Killhouse.
The other two maps are extra Gunfight playgrounds called Townhouse and Drainage. They will both be exclusive to the Gunfight mode it seems.
New weapons in Modern Warfare Season 7 & Warzone
As is now the norm with any new weapons for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, the new leaked weapons for Modern Warfare will likely make an appearance in the battle royale shooter.
The first leaked weapon is the Sykov pistol that has already been leaked and the sidearm has been available for use for some time now.
We then have the CX-9 SMG which has also been out in the public for some time. To actually use it, you’ll need to achieve two longshot SMG kills across five different games.
Our final new weapon is the Raal MG. This LMG rounds off the set and it certainly won’t be an easy one to get a hold of. To get it, you need to have leveled up another LMG, and then you need to get five kills with the Scout Optic in seven different games.
As we’ve said, all this information comes from a reliable leaker, so this information isn’t completely certain. However, if Season 7 does turn out to be the case, then Modern Warfare players have a lot of content to look forward to.
Image credits: Activision
Fastest way to unlock Warzone’s Blue Dot reticle
Here are the fastest ways to unlock Warzone’s cleanest optic, the Blue Dot reticle, for Holographic and Reflex sights.
The Blue Dot reticle is one of the cleanest optics you can equip in Call of Duty: Warzone, but it takes a ton of time and kills to unlock. We’ve put together a guide on the quickest ways to unlock it.
Many streamers and content creators favor the Blue Dot Holo Sight over anything else because of how clean it is. You get the benefit of the Holographic Sight’s huge aperture, but also have the precision of a Red Dot Sight. Equipping the Blue Dot on the Kilo 141 or Bruen MK9 will make the weapons feel laser-accurate.
The Blue Dot can be unlocked for both the Holo and Reflex sights, so here’s everything you have to do and the fastest way to do it.
How to unlock Blue Dot for Holo Sights
To unlock the Blue Dot for Holo Sights, you need to get lots of kills using them. Fortunately, you don’t have to do anything crazy, just get kills and headshots with a variety of different Holo Sights.
Here’s everything you have to do:
- Get 200 Kills using the Corp Combat Holo Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Corp Combat Holo Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the APX5 Holographic Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the APX5 Holographic Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the PBX Holo 7 Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the PBX Holo 7 Sight
- Get 200 Kills using any Holo Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using any Holo Sight
- Get 3 kills without dying 150 times using any Holo Sight
How to unlock Blue Dot for Reflex Sights
Unlocking the Blue Dot for Reflex Sights will also require a plethora of kills.
- Read more: Everything we know about Warzone Season 2
Here’s everything you have to do to unlock the Blue Dot for Reflex Sights:
- Get 200 Kills using the Operator Reflex Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Operator Reflex Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the Aim-Op Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Aim-Op Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the Viper Reflex Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Viper Reflex Sight
- Get 200 Kills using any Monocle Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Monocle Sight
- Get 3 kills without dying 150 times using any Reflex Sight
- Get 500 kills using any Reflex Optic
Fastest way to unlock Blue Dot in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer
The quickest and easiest way to unlock the Blue Dot reticle is to play the Shoot the Ship playlist on Modern Warfare’s multiplayer.
This includes the two smallest and most chaotic maps MW has to offer: Shoot House and Shipment. While playing on either of these maps, you’ll constantly be fighting and can rack up an insane number of kills if the round goes on for long enough.
- Read more: Best audio settings for CoD: Warzone
If these maps aren’t in 24/7 playlists, play extremely aggressively in regular Domination or Hardpoint using the necessary sight.
Fastest way to unlock Blue Dot in Warzone
If you don’t own Modern Warfare and just play Warzone, it will take more time. You should avoid regular Warzone when grinding for the Blue Dot as these challenges require a lot of kills, so a single-life battle royale game is the worst place to do this.
The RNG nature of battle royale games means that you could die before even getting your loadout, or survive the whole game but only meet five other players.
The best mode for you to do this in is Warzone Rumble. This mode is essentially Team Deathmatch inside of Warzone, where you’ll have the opportunity to get much more kills. Equip the necessary optic, and specifically go for the required challenge. It will still take a while, but this will maximize your time.
If there’s no Warzone Rumble playlist currently available, Plunder is the next best thing. In Plunder, you begin with your already chosen loadout and can redeploy to your heart’s content.
To make the most of your time in Plunder, you should solely focus on kills and not worry about collecting money to win the game. If you require headshots, take an extra second when the enemy is knocked to secure that headshot kill.
- Equip the necessary optic for the challenge
- Play Shipment and Shoot House in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer
- Play Warzone Rumble in battle royale
- If there’s no Warzone Rumble playlist, play Plunder
With these tips, no matter if you only play Warzone, you’ll be able to unlock the cleanest optic Modern Warfare’s weapons have to offer.
Image Credits: Activision
Warzone Feb 12 patch notes: hit markers fixed & MW weapon XP fixes
A new Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Warzone is here with bug fixes & more.
Raven Software has released a new Game Settings Update to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare on Friday, February 12.
The update also fixes a bug with Modern Warfare Weapon XP not being awarded as intended.
And, to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Raven has updated the playlist names to be a little more holiday themed! Warzone Rumble in the Sheets and Love & Plunder is now live in Warzone.
- Fixed issue causing hit markers to not appear consistently
- Fixed issue with weapon XP not awarding as intended in MW multiplayer
- Fixed issue with UI elements on the Loadout Menu
- Updated Valentine’s weekend playlist names
Stay tuned for the latest news on Call of Duty: Warzone.
Every weapon, perk & scorestreaks in Black Ops Cold War
Everything you need to know to properly equip your loadouts in Black Ops Cold War.
Cold War Season 2 updated menus enable much-requested creator feature
A new update to the Black Ops Cold War menu in Season 2 allows players to take stylish screenshots without...
Cold War Zombies DLC 2 may take place in Berlin according to intel
An intel log in the Season 2 update for Black Ops Cold War seems to tease the location for the...