Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch is version 1.07 and is 8.5GB (on PS4).
Infinity Ward had been hinting at some of the changes coming with this update, which included promised changes to claymores, weapon tuning, platform stability, footstep adjustments, and more. This update also includes bug fixes across the board, including for Spec Ops.
This patch update also introduces two new maps: Shoot House (6v6) and Krovink Farmland (Ground War) into MP, free for everyone on all platforms.
Modern Warfare Update Patch Notes
NEW FREE MAPS!
- We’ve added Krovnik Farmland to Ground War and Shoot House to Multiplayer!
NEW PLAYLISTS AND A NEW MODE!
Going live on Friday…
- Hardpoint is now in rotation!
- Shoot House 24/7! This includes a mixture of Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters
And yes, all of this new content is available for everyone, for free, across all platforms! We’re so excited to share this new content with all of you and this is just the beginning. Thank you all for playing and keep the feedback coming!
RobH Web Developer
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health
Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We’ll have more updates to these systems in future updates.
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE
Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
- Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
- Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Operation Paladin:
- Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand
Best Kilo 141 loadouts to use in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The Kilo 141 is the META weapon in Warzone Season 6, so here’s the best attachments to maximize its potential in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
The Kilo 141 is the undisputed best Assault Rifle in Season 6 of Warzone, so here’s the best loadout to dominate Verdansk.
The Kilo 141 is favored for its incredible accuracy and damage potential at range. It’s in almost every competitive Warzone player’s kit, and was used by streamer Aydan to break the Solo vs Squads world-record with 60 kills.
Whether taking out snipers from far away or pushing enemies at medium-range, the Kilo 141 will excel. It’s the first Assault Rifle to unlock, which makes it accessible to any player picking up Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Here is the META loadout for the Kilo 141 in the battle royale, and the best setup for MW’s multiplayer.
- Monolothic Suppressor
- Singuard Arms 19.8″ Prowler Barrel
- VLK 3.0x Optic
- Commando Foregrip
- 60 Round Mags
This is the META Kilo 141 build which maximizes its range and accuracy in Warzone. The majority of competitive players and streamers use this setup simply because it’s the best.
The Monolithic Suppressor increases the weapon’s effective damage range and keeps you hidden from the mini-map. The benefit of this attachment means you can take out multiple enemies from medium-range before they even know where you are.
The Singuard Arms 19.8″ Prowler barrel further increases the Kilo’s effective distance, allowing it to deal a lot of damage in almost any situation. Combined with the VLK 3.0x Optic, you’ll have no trouble taking out snipers and extremely far-off targets.
The VLK optic provides the clearest view of enemies. This unobtrusive sight gives a decent amount of magnification and there’s even a hidden reduction to recoil when using this attachment, so your Kilo will be even more accurate.
The Commando Foregrip almost removes all recoil on the Kilo. Pulling down on your thumbstick or mouse to control the recoil will keep the weapon completely still. Hitting headshots and downing far away targets won’t be a problem.
It’s also worth putting on a 60 Round Magazine. Enemies in Warzone will usually have armor, and when facing a squad you want to get as many shots downrange as possible without having to reload. Also, with the prevalence of self-revive, it’s worth finishing off downed enemies before they can revive themselves.
Modern Warfare multiplayer
- G.I Mini Reflex
- FSS Close Quarters Stock
- Commando Foregrip
- 50 Round Mags
- Rubberized Grip Tape
The Kilo 141 is also well-suited for range in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. Hang back and play as a dominant AR to clear and defend objectives and you’ll find this Kilo extremely effective.
The iron sights on the Kilo are quite obtrusive so it’s worth using a red dot sight. The G.I Mini Reflex is our personal favorite, but experiment and find the one that works best for you.
With multiplayer being faster paced than Warzone, the FFS Close Quarters Stock is a valuable attachment. This allows you to ADS quicker so you can quickly snap onto enemies in close quarters engagements.
- Read more: Modern Warfare’s Season 6 has been extended
The Commando Foregrip and Rubberized Grip Tape give you great control over the weapon. While using the Kilo 141’s range, accuracy is vital to beating out the other weapons on the map.
50 Round Mags will reduce the need to reload without slowing down the weapon as much as the 60 Round Mags. Being able to kill several enemies and still continuing to fire will allow you to stay on objectives longer, giving your team the upper hand.
Try out these Kilo 141 builds yourself and dominate Verdansk and Modern Warfare’s multiplayer.
How to easily kill Juggernauts in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The juggernaut can be a tough opponent to defeat in Warzone and Modern Warfare, so follow these tips to give you the upper hand.
Juggernauts can be tricky to take down in Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here are some tips to make sure you come out on top.
Juggernauts are players who have equipped a heavy suit of armor that takes considerable damage to kill. They also carry a mini-gun, which makes them deadly up close.
Although the Juggernaut is now harder to acquire in Warzone, it’s very easy for a Juggernaut to end your game if you’re not fully prepared.
In Warzone streamer Aydan’s world-record Solo vs. Squads run, his last opponent was a player in a Juggernaut suit. This article will analyze how Aydan managed to beat the Juggernaut and give some more tips to help in all situations.
Aydan vs the Juggernaut
After beating the Solo vs Squads world-record, Aydan only had one more opponent left to win the game with 60 kills. This last opponent was a Juggernaut.
The good news is that you can see the Juggernaut on the mini-map at all times. If you pull up your map and mark it, you can also follow its location on the screen. Aydan used this information to get the upper hand.
To start the fight, Aydan kept his distance and never gave it a clear shot on him. The final circle was in the hangars in front of the airfield, so he took advantage of its slow movement by leading it around the back of the hangar, then relocating to a new spot.
After getting distance from the Juggernaut, he set himself up on a ‘head glitch.’ A head glitch is where you stand behind an object, and you can see everything in front of you, but the enemy can only see the top of your head. With the Juggernaut’s inaccurate mini-gun, Aydan gave himself the clear advantage in this situation and managed to deal a lot of damage without taking any in return.
The final circle pulled away from Aydan, leading him into the open airfield. The Juggernaut, fearing his skill, took cover in the hangar, allowing him to relocate to a set of rocks on the way. From behind these rocks, Aydan used the head glitch advantage and kept peaking from random parts of the rock to keep the enemy guessing. By aiming for the head and landing jump shots, he finally beat the Juggernaut.
Although Aydan is one of the world’s best Warzone players, you can deploy his strategies to beat a Juggernaut.
To summarize Aydan’s tactics:
- Mark the Juggernaut on the map
- Keep your distance
- Get on a head glitch
- Aim for the head
These extra strategies can also be deployed in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer if someone calls in the Juggernaut as a Killstreak.
Use FMJ rounds
This strategy comes courtesy of YouTuber TheXclusiveAce. FMJ rounds deal “about 50% more damage” to the Juggernaut than standard rounds.
It might be worth keeping a weapon with the FMJ Perk equipped in your loadout section. When the final loadout drop comes down, if there’s a Juggernaut marked on the map, it’s worth taking this weapon.
Reddit user -Arhaeil- shared that placing a Cluster Strike or an Airstrike on top of it will take a Juggernaut out. Combine a Killstreak with a well-thrown Stun Grenade, and the already slow Juggernaut won’t be able to escape in time. You can also distract it with a Riot Shield to make the fight even easier.
Although a Juggernaut can be a tough beast to kill, deploying these strategies will give you more of a fighting chance.
‘More content’ coming to Modern Warfare as Season 6 ends
While November 23 marks the end of the Season 6 Battle Pass in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, fans have been wondering about new content for the title.
There has been no official news on what’s next in terms of content for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare after Warzone’s integration with Black Ops Cold War.
The confirmation we have so far is that Modern Warfare will receive a new progression system to match the new system in Black Ops Cold War starting on December 10. Fans can learn more about the Progression system in a detailed blog post.
Now, an Infinity Ward developer has confirmed on Twitter that there is more content planned for Modern Warfare. He says that he’s not aware of the ‘official name’ of the new content, but more is coming.
It’s not clear at this time what the new content will be for Modern Warfare. Modern Warfare continues to be a very popular Call of Duty game, selling over 30 million copies in its first year. Activision has not outlined future plans for the game itself.
Season 6’s Battle Pass officially ended in Modern Warfare & Warzone on November 23. The pass reset timer says 0seconds left.
Warzone will officially be tied to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s system starting on December 10 with a new Classified Experience. Players playing Modern Warfare MP can continue to level up their overall player rank and access the Seasonal Prestige system. They can also contribute toward’s ranking up the Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Battle Pass, but content unlocked is only usable in Black Ops cold War & Warzone.
We’ll keep you updated as more information is announced.
The best RPD Class in Black Ops Cold War
The RPD is a modest and powerful LMG.
This Magnum class destroys enemies in Black Ops Cold War
These magnums just aren't fair
The best Stoner 63 class in Black Ops Cold War
The Stoner 63 is a heavy and hard hitting LMG.