A new patch update, version 1.09, for Call of Duty: WWII is now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The patch is a 2.847GB size on PS4, 4.4GB on Xbox One, and 6.6GB on PC. It includes The Resistance Event content, alongside many other bug fixes and updates.
- Integrated spectator issue fix that went live on PC. The issue is network connection dependent, however this fix prioritizes model streaming order to eliminate the delay seen on initial start. We will continue to monitor on all platforms for any Phase 2 fixes needed.
- Fixed issue with equipping scorestreaks upon spawning in after dying
- Fixed issue where when player accepts invite to HQ, game crashes with a fatal error or lost host connection
- Fixed game crash issue in Operation Neptune
- Fixed various console performance/lag issues with low frame rate, teleporting, delayed hit markers, and hitching
- Sped up health regeneration
- Removed shell shock from friendly explosions
- Fixed issue where scrolling causes game to crash
- Improved map voting functionality
- Fixed unlock Token issues with split screen
- Fixed hard crash issues occurring mid-match
- Fixed various functionality and disconnect issues due to host migration/inactivity
- Fixed issue where player is stuck on launcher tier after simultaneously killing self and another player with Panzerschreck
- Fixed issue where players were unable to connect and receiving error “Couldn’t connect to server because the data is incompatible.”
- Fixed various split screen functionality issues
- Fixed issue in Operation Griffin where buildable wall leading to Fuel Depot A is nonexistent after supposedly being built
- Fixed various out of map exploits
- Fixed issue where players were unable to win Gun Game by killing enemies with the throwing knife
- Fixed rare issue where player loaded into an unbalanced 7v5 Gridiron match
- Fixed issue in S&D where players are temporarily stuck after Planting the Bomb or executing a Fatal Melee
- Fixed issue with Gridiron AI dropping ball and not playing to objective
- Fixed issue in S&D and CTF where players were seeing incorrect Draw/Defeat messages
- Fixed issue with invitees being “kicked for inactivity”
- Fixed various Firing Range issues
- Fixed issues with party members’ functionality loss results from leader’s actions
- Fixed issue where players experience a hard crash when attempting to join HQ after a match
- Fixed issues with party invites
- Fixed various party system functionality issues
- Fixed split screen issue where first-time users see placeholder images/text after leaving first match and selecting HQ
- Moved HQ from being the first default option
- Fixed issue in Mail where false notifications were appearing
- Fixed issue where weapon attachments were not appearing in AAR
- Fixed issues with Payroll collection UI
- Added message stating that using open NAT and network cable could improve UX
- Fixed various UI issues with emblems
- Other various UI fixes and improvements
- Fixed issue where Infantry, Primed Basic Training, and Hunker Basic Training were not working as intended
- Fixed Prestige exploit
- Fixed issue with weapon stats failing to track properly
Orders, Contracts, Challenges
- Fixed inconsistencies and issues with TDM and DOM Kill Contracts
- Fixed issue where various Orders were not tracking properly
- Fixed issue where various Orders were not completing properly
- Fixed issue where players were not able to obtain certain Weekly Orders from Major Howard
- Fixed issue where only Concussion Grenades were counting towards the “Get 5 kills on enemies affected by a tactical grenade” Order
- Fixed issue where volume of some announcer VO lines in War Mode were louder than intended
- Turned down foley footstep volume, as well as other players’ footstep volume
- Fixed issue where players could hear enemies through voice chat during a match
- Various SFX improvements
- Fixed issue where at start of game, not all arrows on map were placed at valid positions
- Improved Sky Cam (Hammer Cam) functionality
- Fixed issues with Display and Division settings menus
- Various UI fixes and improvements
- Improved scrolling functionality
- Fixed issue where opening a supply drop after purchasing kicks players back to the previous menu
- Fixed issue where stats were not accurately tracking on scoreboard
- Fixed issue where when transitioning between menus during a match countdown, a loss was temporarily added to the player’s record
- Fixed UI issues with rank icons
- Combat records are not updated aside from Ranked Play stats when playing in Ranked Play games
- Improved MMR logic
- Improved consistency of Placement Matches to reflect actual wins/losses
- Fixed party size and matchmaking exploits
- Fixed issue where players lose MMR after completing a duo match
- Fixed issue where MP Divisions were replaced with Ranked Play Divisions when players left Ranked matches
- Fixed additional issues in Ranked Play with wins counting as losses
- Fixed issue where Ranked Play stats were counting towards Global stats
- Other various UI fixes and improvements
WEAPON AND SCORESTREAK FIXES/ADJUSTMENTS
- Fixed functionality issues with Mortar Strike and Care Package
- Fixed issue where the Capo Verde GPMG was showing the body for the Fiore Di Morte
- Fixed issue where not all variants of the weapons that were tuned last week received the tuning changes
- Fixed issue where user did not auto-switch to secondary melee weapon when primary ran out of ammo
- Fixed issue where Akimbo pistol attachment was overriding weapon tuning
- Fixed issue that allowed players to equip a Scorestreak without consuming it
- Fixed issue where double reload happens on its own
- Fixed Ice Pick UI and equipping issues
- Fixed various reticle inconsistencies
- Fixed Iron Sights and reticle inconsistencies/alignment on GPMG and SVT-40
- Fixed issue with equipping Molotovs after using Fighter Pilot scorestreak
- Fixed display issues with Trench Knife and its variants
- Nerfed Camouflage so special meter drains faster
- Nerfed the ammo multiplier of Fully Loaded in conjunction with buffing reserve ammo multiplier for all weapons, so the net total is nearly unchanged
- Fixed issue where players were able to equip multiple scope attachments and multiple of the same attachment
- Improved notifications for when players receive a supply drop
- Fixed Prestige exploits
- Fixed issue where players were unable to use base weapons without having to complete a Challenge or Collection
- Fixed issue where mods were not properly applied in-game after selection
- Fixed issues with Jack in the Box after respawning
- Fixed countdown timer issues
- Fixed issue where signing into split screen profile causes title to hang for up to two minutes
- Various UI fixes and improvements
- Various audio fixes and improvements
- Fixed various map exploits
- Fixed various party system issues
- Resistance Event items
- Implemented custom emblem sharing
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Is Halo Infinite cross-platform? Current cross-play status
Halo Infinite is exciting those who are fans of the original games, but will it evolve like other multiplayer games...
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players call for White Phosphorus killstreak to be removed or buffed
Modern Warfare's White Phosphorus is a deadly killstreak, so much so that it is even making players call for its...
Warzone August 2 update patch notes: OTs 9 unlock challenge fix, Payload & general bug fixes
Raven Software has rolled out a new update for Call of Duty: Warzone on August 2, and we have all...