Treyarch has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The patch update is version 1.12. The update is 6.94GB on PS4 and 7.4GB on Xbox One.
This patch update brings the previously mentioned tuning changes to Blackout, Classic Weapons and a new Gauntlet in Zombies, the start of the new camo progression system for Blackout (with full rollout of the feature to come throughout the week), new MP featured mode, and more.
In Blackout, there are changes to Armor, Concussion Grenades, and more, alongside a new Featured Playlist called Ambush for Blackout on PlayStation 4. For MP, Blackjack Gun Game has returned as the Featured Playlist, this time with KAP 45 included.
Our 1.12 update starts rolling out today at 10AM PT on PS4 and Xbox One, delivering new content and gameplay improvements across all three modes of Black Ops 4!
There’s a lot included in this update as we detailed in our preview last week, plus more planned for later this week, including Mastery Camos in Blackout and Zombies, full camo progression in Blackout, support for Mastercrafts/Reactive Camos/Black Market camos in Zombies, and Zero’s Outfit Unlock mission in Blackout.
Here’s the lowdown on what’s new in each mode, with full patch notes down below:
Our 1.12 update brings new gameplay improvements and Featured Playlists to Multiplayer, including Blackjack’s Gun Game featuring the new KAP 45 auto-pistol in the mix, and the debut of Hardcore Moshpit in the Featured category. Endurance Chaos Moshpit also returns by popular demand, joining Mercenary Capture Moshpit and Safeguard in the Featured category.
Looking ahead, our next Multiplayer weapon balancing pass is underway and planned for our upcoming 1.13 update slated for February. This is planned to include weapon balance in both Core and Hardcore, potential tuning changes for Attachments, and more.
We’ve made a new round of tuning changes with this update focusing on Armor, Concussion Grenades, and Cluster Grenades in Blackout. These include reductions in the damage mitigation percentages of all three levels of Armor, removed explosive and melee protections for Level 3 Armor, reduced status effect duration and radius for Concussions, increased fuse time and mini-cluster damage for the Cluster Grenade, and more. See below for the full list of changes and let us know what you think after you’ve spent some time in-game.
We’re also debuting Ambush today in Blackout on PS4, our newest limited-time mode where players only have sniper rifles, melee attacks, and launchers at their disposal in a circle that never stops collapsing once it starts! Down But Not Out continues its second week on other platforms this week, and will be replaced by Ambush next week.
Full camo progression is also planned to come to Blackout later this week on PS4, featuring a new mechanic to unlock different weapon camos as you play through Blackout matches. We’ll have more info on what to expect as we get closer to adding this feature, which will include a path to unlocking Gold, Diamond, and Dark Matter camos in Blackout. Zero’s Outfit Unlock mission is also scheduled to drop into Blackout later this week on PS4, adding a new quest to unlock “The Numbers” outfit for Zero in Multiplayer and Blackout.
It’s a big week for Zombies! Classic and loot weapons arrive in the Mystery Box in all Zombies maps with this update, including the MP 40, Grav, Daemon 3XB, SWAT RFT, and KAP 45. Camo progression will also become available in the Armory for the MP 40 and Grav, with progression and customization for loot weapons available in the Armory as those weapons are unlocked in the Black Market.
Several gameplay improvements, bug fixes, and stability updates have been made across the board, and we’re also planning on adding support for Mastery Camos (Gold, Diamond, and Dark Matter) in Zombies shortly after our 1.12 update goes live, as well as support for Mastercrafts, Reactive Camos, and Black Market camos in the Armory.
Our second Gauntlet arrives on PS4 with “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” today in IX as well, offering up 30 new rounds of insane challenges to put your zombie-killing prowess to the test. Remember, each Gauntlet match is timed for competitive play, and we can’t wait to see the best speed-runs to come out of the community. Jump in and start slaying!
“Barbarians” Special Event on All Platforms
Our “Barbarians” Special Event continues on PS4 and kicks off today on Xbox One and PC, delivering 25 more Tiers of earnable loot, including the new KAP 45 full-auto pistol. This event stream appears below the Operation Absolute Zerostream in the Black Market, so players can unlock two pieces loot with each Tier earned during the event.
We’ve incorporated feedback from the Call of Duty World League, pro players and some members of team management, and the larger Call of Duty competitive community, and today we’re announcing several updates to the CWL competitive ruleset, along with plans for the World League Hub and League Play.
Read our League Play Blog for all the details here.
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist in MP.
- Hardcore Moshpit, Endurance Chaos Moshpit, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, and Safeguard added to Featured category in MP.
- Tuning adjustments for Armor, Concussion Grenade, and Cluster Grenade in Blackout.
- Classic and loot weapons added to the Mystery Box in Zombies.
- Armory support for classic and loot weapons added in Zombies.
- “Barbarians” Special Event continues on PS4, live today on Xbox One and PC.
- “Ambush” limited-time mode added as Featured Playlist in Blackout (PS4).
- New IX Gauntlet in Zombies: “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” (PS4).
- Various gameplay improvements and crash fixes across MP, Blackout, and Zombies.
The following updates are live today first on PS4:
- Limited-Time Mode
- Weapons limited to sniper rifles, melee attacks, and launchers only.
- Circle constantly advances with no delays between collapses.
- “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” (IX)
- 30 rounds of challenges with unique rules for each round.
- Players earn medals and tiered rewards for completing rounds 10, 20, and 30, as well as a cosmetic reward for completing round 30 without failing a round.
- Players are issued a Strike by failing a round, with the game ending after three Strikes.
- All matches are timed for competitive speed-run support.
- “Veni, Vidi, Zombie!” (IX)
The following updates are live today on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow this week:
- Featured Playlists
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist.
- Limited-time free-for-all with new rotating weapon selection, including the KAP 45 full-auto pistol.
- Hardcore Moshpit added to Featured category (first-time addition).
- Endurance Chaos Moshpit, Mercenary Capture Moshpit, and Safeguard added to Featured category.
- Game Modes
- Ghost Perk now properly works against the mode’s auto-UAV sweep.
- Players can no longer spend cash on purchasing max ammo when they currently have max ammo.
- Resolved an issue that could lead to multiple purchases of an item if the player had the Specialist selection menu open during round transition.
- Resolved an issue where the Tempest could gain an extra charge if an enemy was killed by a player-owned Seeker or Scorestreak.
- Resolved an issue where grenade fuses could expire faster while the Ballistic Shield was in use.
- Resolved an issue where the Gravity Slam would not properly trigger if the player landed directly on another player.
- Tracker’s detection icon will no longer display after the player switches to a class without Tracker equipped.
- Acoustic Sensor
- Resolved an issue where Acoustic Sensor could stop working if the player switched their class after spawning.
- Acoustic Sensor
- Crash Landing
- Players should now properly gain progress toward this Challenge each time after earning a Gravity Slam Shutdown medal.
- Crash Landing
- Weapon Customization
- Mastercrafts applied to secondary weapons will now update in real time.
- Resolved an issue where a Gold Camo weapon could display a higher visual state when switched to after a new visual state was reached on a weapon with a Mastercraft applied.
- Resolved an issue where a dropped Diamond Camo weapon could display a higher visual state when picked up by another player.
- Resolved an issue where a teammate’s Gold Camo weapon would have a purple visual state in third-person when killed by an enemy with a Gold Camo weapon.
- Custom Games
- Sweeping and Constant Mini Map custom rules settings now function as intended.
- Team Deathmatch Round Score Limits greater than 500 are now available.
- Grenade Equipment charge will no longer be lost if the player dies during the throwing animation.
- Players can no longer gain XP for killing teammates in Hardcore Search & Destroy and Hardcore Control.
- Closed an exploit that could briefly speed up a player’s movement when rapidly ADSing in and out.
- Removed custom reticles on ABR 223 and Paladin HB50 Mastercraft default optics, due to feedback on the reticles adversely affecting aiming during gameplay.
- Gameplay Tuning
- Level 1 Armor damage protection reduced from 30% to 15%.
- Level 2 Armor damage protection reduced from 40% to 25%.
- Level 3 Armor damage protection reduced from 50% to 35%.
- Removed explosive damage resistance from Level 3 Armor.
- Removed melee weapon damage reduction from Level 3 Armor.
- Increased Armor Plates required to repair a single durability pip of Level 3 Armor from 1 to 2.
- Concussion Grenade
- Reduced status effect duration.
- Reduced area of effect radius.
- Reduced throw distance.
- Reduced opacity of the white flash when initially concussed.
- When concussed, players can now use Equipment, continue holding Equipment, perform melee attacks, and switch weapons.
- Reduced hip-fire spread while concussed.
- Cluster Grenade
- Increased time to detonate after impact.
- Reduced damage of mini-Cluster Grenade explosions.
- Players can now aim down sights immediately after interacting with a door.
- “Longest Shot” on the Scoreboard now properly matches the After Action Report.
- Zombies Ultimis character voiceovers now play as intended.
- Classic and Loot Weapons
- MP 40, Grav, Daemon 3XB, SWAT RFT, and KAP 45 weapons added to the Mystery Box on all maps.
- MP 40 and Grav camo progression now available in the Armory for all players.
- Daemon 3XB, SWAT RFT, and KAP 45 camo progression and customization now available in the Armory once unlocked in the Black Market.
- Resolved a rare crash that could occur when players idled too long in a lobby.
- Resolved a crash that could occur during a 4-player splitscreen session as players were bleeding out.
- Dead of the Night
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the player disconnected while loading into the boss fight.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the opening cinematic if the user quickly restarted a custom match just after leaving one.
- Resolved an issue where Pack-a-Punch would be unusable for the rest of the match for all other players if a player disconnected while their weapon was still in the Pack-a-Punch machine.
- Resolved multiple pathing issues caused when throwing a Homunculus.
- Resolved inconsistencies in the armor gained between the Hellfire and the Hammer of Valhalla.
- Resolved an issue where, if the player struck an electric Catalyst zombie while disoriented by its electric wave, UI may disappear when being damaged by other zombies.
- Resolved an issue where the player could still have armor after being revived if the player triggered the Special Weapon, then immediately went down.
- Resolved an issue where players received an error when loading into an online Zombies match, which was followed by the match continuing without UI.
- Resolved a rare issue in high rounds where the Hammer of Valhalla’s Lightning Bolt would stop damaging zombies.
- Resolved a rare issue where players were unable to use Perk Up after bleeding out.
- Resolved a rare issue where the Chakram’s Whirlwind attack FX could persist after it was used.
- Blood of the Dead
- Resolved an issue where the Spectral Shield Key attack could persist while using an Elixir.
- Closed an exploit where players could access exploitable areas using the Ragnarok DG-5.
- Dead of the Night
- Limited the maximum damage that can be dealt to the boss by any attack to prevent several exploits.
- Resolved an issue where enemies could fall out of the map on spawn during the Wonder Weapon Crimson Nosferatu event.
- Resolved an issue where the Crimson Nosferatu bite could deal lower than intended damage or no damage to the player.
- Resolved an issue where Nosferatu affected by the Wonder Weapon’s charged shot could still target the player without attacking them.
- Resolved an issue where Alistair’s Folly was not present in the Library and could not be obtained in the Mystery Box before the power was turned on.
- Resolved an issue where, if the player quit a Custom Mutations game that had the setting for all doors to be open, the player could hitch for an extended period of time and encounter an error message.
- Resolved an issue in Custom Mutations where the player could encounter a kill trigger in the Master Bedroom or Trophy Room if they had doors set to open and used Anywhere But Here!
- Resolved an issue where the player could encounter an error message in Custom Mutations with doors set to open and barricades set to off.
- Resolved an issue where Alistair’s Annihilator was slightly misaligned to the left.
- Resolved a visual corruption that could occur when players were damaged by electric traps (Xbox One only).
- Resolved an issue where the camera was not aligned to the player during the teleporter transition if the player was coming from Groom Lake.
- Resolved an issue where Gauntlet mode was not available in Local play, even if connected to the Internet.
- Resolved an issue where the After Action Report in Local play would not show completed rounds.
- Resolved an issue where collectible icons could spawn without glow FX.
- Fixed a progression break that could occur if the player attempted to interact with the Fast Travel before interacting with the Pack-a-Punch pedestal.
The following updates are live today on Xbox One and PC:
- Special Event
- Barbarians Special Event added to the Black Market.
- 25 new Tiers of loot to earn, available in the Special Event stream below the existing Operation Absolute Zerostream.
- Rewards include new Outfits, Gestures, Calling Cards, Reactive Camo, and KAP 45 full-auto pistol.
Is Black Ops 2 being remastered? Rumors & leaks
Fans have been wondering for sometime if CoD: Black Ops 2 is going to be remastered, and we’ll answer that today.
Several Call of Duty games have received the remaster treatment in recent years, and it’s left fans wondering if the mega-popular Black Ops 2 will get one. Here are all the latest rumors and leaks regarding a Black Ops 2 remaster.
The popularity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 simply cannot be understated with the game being considered the greatest of all time by many. But fast-forward to 2021, and players want to know if this beloved entry in the CoD franchise will be remastered.
The premise of Call of Duty remasters was kickstarted by the 2016 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered title. Since then, we’ve also had the Modern Warfare 2 campaign be remastered, and there are rumors of Modern Warfare 3 being remastered, despite Activision saying it isn’t.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being remastered?
From what we understand, no, not at this time. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that any form of Black Ops remaster is in the works.
Naturally, people would think that Treyarch’s Black Ops may receive the same love that the Modern Warfare franchise has gotten, but alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.
Why isn’t Black Ops 2 being remastered?
We believe there could be two strong reasons for Black Ops 2 not being remastered, one being that it would oversaturate the CoD market, and also that we’ve already seen a few of its maps recently.
One of the problems 2016’s Infinite Warfare suffered from is that it released with the full Call of Duty 4 remaster, and consequently, the player base was divided between the two games.
Furthermore, Black Ops Cold War featured no less than seven Black Ops 2 map remasters throughout its multiple seasons, and they feel too fresh in the memory to warrant a remaster of the multiplayer.
We could see a remaster of the Black Ops campaigns, following the successful rerelease of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.
Activision may have some surprises and remasters up their sleeves, but for the time being, we can only speculate and ask you to keep checking in to see if anything becomes official.
Also, check out everything we know about Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Infinity Ward announces new Austin office as studio gears up for CoD 2022
The original Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas for CoD 2022.
One of the three developers behind the Call of Duty franchise is getting a new office. Infinity Ward is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas, in preparation for CoD 2022.
Infinity Ward is the developer behind the original Call of Duty game. Activision founded Infinity Ward in 2002, with the first Call of Duty title being released in 2003. This birthed one of the most iconic video game franchises to date.
Infinity Ward would go on to develop Call of Duty 2 in 2005 before alternating developers. Now, Infinity Ward is known for developing the Modern Warfare titles, which are released roughly every three years.
With Infinity Ward releasing the last Modern Warfare title in 2019, the developer is gearing up for another release in 2022. We don’t know what CoD 2022 will be just yet, but we do know that Infinity Ward is expanding its operations with a new office.
Infinity Ward Austin Texas office
Today, Infinity Ward announced via Twitter that it would be opening a new office in Austin, Texas. This would be the fourth development hub for the company, with the other three being located in Los Angeles, Poland, and Mexico.
- Read More: Warzone Season 6 will be the end of Verdansk
This also means that Infinity Ward is hiring. According to Infinity Ward, the Austin office is currently hiring for all positions, and you can find all of the available jobs posted on the Infinity Ward website.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases in less than a month. It’s taking players back to WWII, where Infinity Ward is expected to bring the franchise back to modern times, with CoD 2022 speculated to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
That being said, we have no official idea what to expect from Infinity Ward going into 2022, but with the significant success of Modern Warfare 2019, it will no doubt be a Call of Duty game plenty of players will love.
Regardless, Infinity Ward is planning something big, and the new office proves just that. So, if Vanguard isn’t your cup of tea, CoD 2022 is just a year away.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 could be a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with dates.
2022 is shaping up to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s an extensive look into the biggest games and potential release dates too.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always on the march.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Some genuinely iconic franchises and household names are expected to launch video games in 2022, so here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Horizon Forbidden West release date: February 18, 2022
Aloy is one of the standout protagonists in gaming during modern times, and her post-apocalyptic adventures are set to continue in Horizon Forbidden West.
She seeks to uncover even more truth and learn about the state of the world she resides in, all the while battling even more dangerous robotic creatures and nature itself.
Elden Ring release date: January 21, 2022
One of the first games to arrive in 2022, Elden Ring is the next sinister and challenging game to come from the sadistic bunch at FromSoftware.
Their track record at producing brutal yet satisfying RPGs will be tested in the form of Elden Ring, their newest ‘Souls’ game. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, there seems to be a much deeper emphasis on the story with Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin on board to help with the narrative.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus release date: January 28, 2022
Unlike the typical dual-releases that Pokemon specializes in, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a standalone game that continues the growth shown in recent, mainline Pokemon titles.
Embracing the open-world nature of 2020’s Pokemon Sword and Shield, Arceus is a brand new adventure that will involve all the familiar, beloved elements of Pokemon games: obtaining them, training them, leveling them, and catching them all!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction release date: January 2022
Another spin-off, this time from the team at Ubisoft as they take a drastic turn away from the realism of simulated combat.
Instead, Rainbow Six Extraction delves into the world of the unknown, and non-human, as teams of three pull together to take down alien creatures called Archaeans. It will feature lots of the same gameplay mechanics and Operators from Siege, but with a darker, deadly twist.
Dying Light 2 release date: February 4, 2022
The long-awaited sequel to the hit 2015 survival-adventure game, Dying Light 2 promises to bring more parkour-zombie-survival action that made the first such a breakout success.
Offering more open-world exploration, the player must scavenge, forge friendships (and weapons), and deal with both friendly and hostile forces.
As with the first Dying Light, players need to make the most of the precious daylight before night strikes, as the undead gets a bit more fidgety and murderous.
Gran Turismo 7 release date: March 4, 2022
Polyphony Digital is infamous for taking their time between each Gran Turismo release to ensure every one is as polished as can be, and the PS5 looks set to make Gran Turismo 7 one of the best-looking games ever.
Like with God of War Ragnarok, the 2021 PlayStation Experience gave fans a glimpse into the high-speed action they can expect with Gran Turismo 7.
It’s learned from its predecessor’s mistakes and will launch with a complete career mode, and could be a bonafide system-seller for Sony and the PlayStation brand.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Call of Duty 2022 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a year of video games without a major Call of Duty release, and we expect 2022 to be no different.
Given that there’s already a buzz about Call of Duty 2023, we would say it’s safe to assume that another Call of Duty game will release in 2022.
With Vanguard being set in World War 2, rumors are rife that the 2022 Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare sequel.
Gotham Knights release date: 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022.
For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay with us at Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software, WB Games Montreal, Nintendo, Polyphony Digital, Techland, Game Freak, FromSoftware, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft
Battlefield 2042 devs reveal major changes from Beta to launch
Following the Battlefield 2042 Beta, the game's developers have revealed the major changes made to the game for its launch...
NICKMERCS explains what weapon will replace every other SMG in Warzone
There are plenty of powerful SMGs in Call of Duty: Warzone, but NICKMERCS believes that one specific SMG will replace...
Warzone October 21 playlist update officially delayed
The Call of Duty: Warzone playlist update for October 21 has been officially delayed following an announcement from Raven Software.