Infinity Ward has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It’s live now on all platforms.
The new patch is version 1.13 and is 13GB on PS4, is 18.4GB on Xbox One, 48GB on PC.
This new update includes the new Crossbow weapon, — unlocked through challenges available for all players — 5 additional loadout slots, fixes for the kill feed, fix for player collision, and more.
- Playlist Update: Added Capure the Flag and Shoot the Ship (Removes Shoot House 24/7) playlists! We also added Aniyah Palace back into rotation
- 5 additional loadout slots!
- New Weapon – Crossbow! Unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, get 5 kills in 25 different matches!
- In some cases, players could hit an invisible kill trigger in a bush that would cause them to die instantly while near A Flag on Port. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an out of bounds exploit on Aniyah Palace
- Temporarily removing Krovnik Farmland out of rotation while we work on a few bugs
- Fix for a bug that could lock a PC player’s FOV at 60 until they respawn while in Ground War
- The “Stand Together” calling card (3 Wins in Team Deathmatch) was being awarded even though this calling card is earned by default. This has been adjusted to the “Redemption” calling card.
- The Daily Challenge for getting “10 Claymore Kills” was awarding the “One Shot” spray which is unlocked by default. This has been adjusted to the “Soft Serve” spray.
- Fix for an issue where the playlist filter would not switch game modes, even with multiple modes selected
- Adjusted the damage threshold for “Get X Kills while Injured” challenge to make it a bit easier to obtain
- Various out-of-map exploit fixes
- Fix for a few graphical errors that could occur on Ground War maps
- Infected: Fixed a bug where the Nuke effects and audio will interrupt and overlap the final killcam if called in after death of the final survivor
- Fixes to the Recent Players list appearing incorrectly on Xbox
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture the Hardpoint while in the hotel on St. Petrograd
- Adjusted the obituary to remove the oldest items first
- Fixed a bug that would reset Voice Chat settings after the application was hard closed
- Fix for a bug that allowed player collision. This has been fixed
- Players can no longer cancel their recovery state when sliding, but will always incur the standard fire delay (visually the player will still respond)
- On Shipment, players are able to set Care Packages on spawn points, causing players to die instantly when spawning in on these points. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Elite Xbox One controller had a slight bounce back with the analog sticks
- Fixed a bug that could give players invincibility
- Fix for some Officer Progression emblems not displaying the correct rarity
- Fixed an issue that would lock Operator missions despite having the correct Battle Pass Tier
- Fixed a bug where using the ‘Stopping Power Rounds’ Field Upgrade with an empty C4 slot would cause the C4 detonator to appear before reloading with the Stopping Power Rounds
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations while manipulating the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Recon Drone to fly into geo if C4 was thrown onto it
- Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots
- Increased protection radius
- Decreased the radius and the damage taken by trophy explosions
- Fixed a bug where the explosion damage and effects wouldn’t trigger for the third explosion
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Cruise Missile to kill players while out of bounds on Shipment
- Fixed a bug where the 1mW Laser would not appear equipped on the 1911 pistol while in the Gunsmith menu
- M4A1 Blueprint “OG” ADS position moved forward; the viewmodel or gun’s position relative to the camera or player’s eye is moved forward more, so it blocks less of the line of sight
- Changing the magazine capacity from 45 to 50 for the RAM-7 extended magazine.
- Increasing the bullet penetration of the MK2 Carbine
- Less horizontal recoil on the initial bullets of the FN Scar-17
- Changed the way stats are displayed for stocks to be more consistent with other attachments (this is for the graphs only, not the actual stats)
- Domination: Flags must be neutralized before being captured again. Settings for neutralization timing are now available in settings
- Decreased charge time on the Trophy System
- Headshot multiplier damage has been clamped; torso and headshots are now the same
- Removed lightweight boost and decreased charge time on Dead Silence
- Reworked minimap visuals (removed outside map background, removed minimap frame)
- Improved readability of the killfeed and nameplate colors
- Improved the quality of the colored arrows shown under players when using the Aerial Camera
- Data View feature has been temporarily removed
- Tweaked parts of the Battle Pass UI in order to better support higher Aspect Ratios
- Fixed an issue with the sound effects on the Support Helo
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Warzone players call for boycott over Blizzard lawsuit and hacking problems
Due to the Blizzard lawsuit and endless hacking, Warzone, and other Call of Duty players, are calling for a boycott of Store purchases.
Warzone players are encouraging all Call of Duty gamers to boycott the purchase of skins and bundles from the store in response to the recent Activision Blizzard lawsuit and constant Warzone hacking.
It’s been an unsettling time for Call of Duty and its respective titles – Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, CoD: Mobile, and Modern Warfare. The ongoing Activision Blizzard lawsuit has impacted the franchise, and fans are calling for fellow players to stop buying goods from the CoD store in protest.
This includes everything from skins to Operator Bundles to even the Seasonal Battle Pass. Warzone players are citing the lawsuit, “empty updates,” and hackers as the driving force behind this movement.
Added to this is the purported series of empty updates “full of microtransactions in order to milk the players,” and the ever-increasing threat of hackers, and players have seemingly had enough.
Reddit user Jaszs has lead the charge by saying: “I’m writing this as someone who has played every. single. COD since COD2, and WZ since day 1 until yesterday, and also a former Blizzard fan. Yes, I know it may sound bad, but based on what’s going on (sexual harassment lawsuit, suppressing and abusive treatment of their employees…) I really think those guys don’t deserve anything from us, their customers.
“You can even keep playing the game if you want (there are some cool alternatives though; if you need some just ask in the comments!), just don’t spend any money in their store. In any case, you should also remember that they are the same guys that are releasing empty updates full of microtransactions in order to milk the players, releasing over and over the same game and not giving a single f*ck about the increasing number of hackers.”
The very passionate statement received over 300 comments and counting, and it’s universally in favor of boycotting Activision’s Store ahead of the Warzone Season 5 launch.
Given that there are many responses, here are a selection of replies:
- “I’ve got 900 COD points and level 90 on the battle pass. Not spending a penny more on this game. They don’t respect their employees, they don’t respect the players (anti-cheat lmao) they aren’t getting anymore of my money.”
- “Once all this sh*t came to light, my entire friend group collectively uninstalled the game and swore off of it for good. We were already mad at the game for being poorly managed with hackers and constant glitches/crashes. I suppose this was the lead straw that broke the metaphorical camel’s back.”
- “Based on the way they’ve handled cheating, the CW integration, and the general state of the game in the last year, I’m shocked than any of you have been buying cosmetic items from them. Do you realize what kind of message you’re sending by making the worst CoD their highest-earning one?”
At the time of writing, the post has nearly 1.8K upvotes and rising. Given the player count of Warzone far exceeds this, it’s hard to imagine this boycott would do too much damage.
Conversely, Producer at Sledgehammer Games Alayna Cole has Tweeted an important message concerning the circumstances.
Boycotting the Activision store will have an obvious knock-on effect in terms of sales revenue, and would ultimately disrupt the salaries and jobs of many employees who are not involved in this lawsuit.
It’s a hard position for all involved and for players who engage in Call of Duty games. The lawsuit is still long ongoing, and we’ll continue to update you at Charlie INTEL with any breaking developments.
Image Credit: Activision Blizzard
Modern Warfare players want one change for Ground War to fix spawn trapping
Modern Warfare players are calling for the developers to make a change in the Ground War mode to help ease spawn trapping frustrations.
Modern Warfare’s Ground War mode is loved by many. However, some players have been asking the developers to consider one change to help the spawning.
Ground War has been a staple of the Modern Warfare franchise for a long time, with players loving the larger player count. However, some players are dissatisfied with the spawning in the mode, asking for the devs to make a slight change.
Reddit user bob1689321 put a post up with the title: “Opinion: ground war maps shouldn’t have out-of-bounds areas. That would fix all spawn trap issues.”
The idea is to have the Ground War maps currently available more open, allowing players to spawn without having enemies so close by.
Spawn trapping has pretty much always been an issue in Call of Duty’s multiplayer, but especially in the Ground War game mode due to the increased player size.
When talking about Boneyard for Ground War, bob1689321 says:
“it’s so tight that there’s nowhere to flank, and it always turns into a spawn trap without fail. Open up the sides for flanking, and the map would play much better.”
It seems players also agree in the comments: “Opened this post to disagree with it, turns out I absolutely love this idea and the reasoning behind it!”
Although there could be issues with opening up the maps for Ground War, perhaps if the idea gains enough traction, the developers will look into it.
The developers have made changes in the past based on player feedback, so it would not be surprising to see a change of this regard be introduced to help ease frustrations the community has when it comes to being spawn trapped in Ground War.
For updates and more on Call of Duty, like the next release entitled Vanguard, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL and check out just how many people are still playing the 2019 entry in the popular first-person shooter franchise.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
Best P90 loadout for CoD: Modern Warfare
The P90 has remained a popular choice in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, so here are the best attachments and Perks you should run with it.
The P90 is a great close-range option in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, so we have the best attachments and Perks you should run in your loadout.
Modern Warfare’s multiplayer has been kept active and alive thanks to Cold War’s joint progression. Each season, there will be a ton of new levels to progress through, and some new weapons and maps have even been added since its development cycle ended.
One of the most effective SMGs in the game is the P90. Fast firing with great mobility, it’s suited for all of the Modern Warfare’s close-range maps.
Here are the best attachments and Perks you can run with this classic SMG.
Best Modern Warfare P90 loadout
Best Modern Warfare P90 attachments
- Barrel: FFS 10.6″ Pro
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: Fly Strap
- Underbarrel: Rubberized Grip Tape
- Rear Grip: Stippled Grip Tape
We’ve built this P90 to dominate in the close-range fights of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s multiplayer maps.
To start, we’ve opted for the FFS 10.6″ Pro barrel. This will significantly increase the weapon’s damage range and bullet velocity, allowing you to challenge further away players who are using Assault Rifles or LMGs.
Next, we’ve gone for the Tac Laser and Fly Strap stock for a massive mobility increase. Combined, your aim down sight, sprint to fire, and strafe speed will be significantly faster.
Then, you should add the Rubberized Grip Tape on the underbarrel. This will help control the recoil, allowing you to hit further-out enemy’s and aim precisely for the head. And finally, the Stippled Grip Tape will further increase your ADS speed for snapping onto enemies.
Best Perks to run with Modern Warfare P90
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, our Perk selection is to help the P90 excel in close-range fights. To start, E.O.D is vital to surviving the onslaught of Frag Grenades, Semtex, and C4 that are chucked around MW’s maps.
Next, Ghost will allow you to take some stealthy flanks when enemy UAVs are in the air. And finally, Battle Hardened will reduce the effects of enemy Tactical Equipment, stopping stuns and flashes from ending your killstreak.
How to unlock Modern Warfare P90
Luckily, you’ll have immediate access to the P90 as soon as you launch Modern Warfare. It’s unlocked at Level 1, so as soon as you unlock Custom Loadouts at Level 4, you can start using and leveling up the weapon.
Best alternatives to Modern Warfare’s P90
If you’re looking to use something different in MW’s multiplayer, there are several powerful SMGs you can equip. The MP7 has always been a popular choice for a versatile SMG, or you can use the classic M4A1 for something with more range.
Image Credit: Infinity Ward
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...
Fortnite Rift Tour Posters locations
Players can earn rewards by completing the new Fortnite Rift Tour challenges with one of them asking you to interact...