Infinity Ward has released a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It’s live now on all platforms.
The new patch is version 1.13 and is 13GB on PS4, is 18.4GB on Xbox One, 48GB on PC.
This new update includes the new Crossbow weapon, — unlocked through challenges available for all players — 5 additional loadout slots, fixes for the kill feed, fix for player collision, and more.
- Playlist Update: Added Capure the Flag and Shoot the Ship (Removes Shoot House 24/7) playlists! We also added Aniyah Palace back into rotation
- 5 additional loadout slots!
- New Weapon – Crossbow! Unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, get 5 kills in 25 different matches!
- In some cases, players could hit an invisible kill trigger in a bush that would cause them to die instantly while near A Flag on Port. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an out of bounds exploit on Aniyah Palace
- Temporarily removing Krovnik Farmland out of rotation while we work on a few bugs
- Fix for a bug that could lock a PC player’s FOV at 60 until they respawn while in Ground War
- The “Stand Together” calling card (3 Wins in Team Deathmatch) was being awarded even though this calling card is earned by default. This has been adjusted to the “Redemption” calling card.
- The Daily Challenge for getting “10 Claymore Kills” was awarding the “One Shot” spray which is unlocked by default. This has been adjusted to the “Soft Serve” spray.
- Fix for an issue where the playlist filter would not switch game modes, even with multiple modes selected
- Adjusted the damage threshold for “Get X Kills while Injured” challenge to make it a bit easier to obtain
- Various out-of-map exploit fixes
- Fix for a few graphical errors that could occur on Ground War maps
- Infected: Fixed a bug where the Nuke effects and audio will interrupt and overlap the final killcam if called in after death of the final survivor
- Fixes to the Recent Players list appearing incorrectly on Xbox
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture the Hardpoint while in the hotel on St. Petrograd
- Adjusted the obituary to remove the oldest items first
- Fixed a bug that would reset Voice Chat settings after the application was hard closed
- Fix for a bug that allowed player collision. This has been fixed
- Players can no longer cancel their recovery state when sliding, but will always incur the standard fire delay (visually the player will still respond)
- On Shipment, players are able to set Care Packages on spawn points, causing players to die instantly when spawning in on these points. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Elite Xbox One controller had a slight bounce back with the analog sticks
- Fixed a bug that could give players invincibility
- Fix for some Officer Progression emblems not displaying the correct rarity
- Fixed an issue that would lock Operator missions despite having the correct Battle Pass Tier
- Fixed a bug where using the ‘Stopping Power Rounds’ Field Upgrade with an empty C4 slot would cause the C4 detonator to appear before reloading with the Stopping Power Rounds
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations while manipulating the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Recon Drone to fly into geo if C4 was thrown onto it
- Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots
- Increased protection radius
- Decreased the radius and the damage taken by trophy explosions
- Fixed a bug where the explosion damage and effects wouldn’t trigger for the third explosion
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Cruise Missile to kill players while out of bounds on Shipment
- Fixed a bug where the 1mW Laser would not appear equipped on the 1911 pistol while in the Gunsmith menu
- M4A1 Blueprint “OG” ADS position moved forward; the viewmodel or gun’s position relative to the camera or player’s eye is moved forward more, so it blocks less of the line of sight
- Changing the magazine capacity from 45 to 50 for the RAM-7 extended magazine.
- Increasing the bullet penetration of the MK2 Carbine
- Less horizontal recoil on the initial bullets of the FN Scar-17
- Changed the way stats are displayed for stocks to be more consistent with other attachments (this is for the graphs only, not the actual stats)
- Domination: Flags must be neutralized before being captured again. Settings for neutralization timing are now available in settings
- Decreased charge time on the Trophy System
- Headshot multiplier damage has been clamped; torso and headshots are now the same
- Removed lightweight boost and decreased charge time on Dead Silence
- Reworked minimap visuals (removed outside map background, removed minimap frame)
- Improved readability of the killfeed and nameplate colors
- Improved the quality of the colored arrows shown under players when using the Aerial Camera
- Data View feature has been temporarily removed
- Tweaked parts of the Battle Pass UI in order to better support higher Aspect Ratios
- Fixed an issue with the sound effects on the Support Helo
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
However, players are reporting the weapon doesn’t unlock properly after the challenges have been completed. There are also reports that the weapon can’t be leveled up right now.
It’s possible this weapon was accidentally added early, but here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Remember, you must finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early will cause the progress not to count, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
How to get Fortnite’s new double-movement
You can try out double-movement in Fortnite with a mouse and keyboard, thanks to some third-party software that hasn't been...
3 quality-of-life changes to make Apex Legends better on console
Apex Legends developers can make the game even better with these three quality of life changes for console players.
Cold War April 15 patch notes: Custom Mods & new playlists
Custom Mods lets you save up to 10 Gunsmith Blueprints.