Infinity Ward has released a new patch update update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on February 25 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It is version 1.15 and is 7GB on PS4, 11GB on Xbox One, and 10GB on PC.
A brand new Gunfight map, Bazaar, is now available for free for everyone in the game and has been added to the Gunfight rotation for players to checkout. This is the second Gunfight map in Season 2 after Rust.
There’s also a selection of new store bundles available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare this week as Season 2 continues, including the debut of Mace Operator.
- New Gunfight map, Bazaar!
- Added Shoot House to an existing playlist with Shipment and Rust 24/7 (“Dirty Old House Boat”)
- 3v3 Snipers on Rust!
- Giant Infection!
- “Boots on the Ground War” (Realism rules. No tanks.)
- Fix for a bug where friends who are online in Social Tab were not always appearing at the top of the list
- Various map exploit fixes
- Fix for some players seeing an incorrect Career Level
- More fixes to Regiment tags
- Fix for some players encountering an issue where their mouse stopped working after the last title update
- Fixed a bug in 3v3 Gunfight that allowed players to shoot through the center structure on King while using the AX-50
- Fixed an error that could occur when Hardline was earned in Specialist
- Quality of life backend fixes to help the Regiments and Social menus run smoother
- Fix for a spawn exploit on Vacant
- Fix for White Phosphorous killing all players instantly when in Realism modes
- Fix for the score at the end of “Fire in the Hole” not tallying up properly
- Fixed a bug for the “Kills with Enemy Weapon” Karma challenge not tracking properly
- Fixed Daily Challenges that require you to get an X number of kills with an enemy weapon
- Fix for an objective when completing Golem’s Operator Mission that requested 5 Kills with lethal equipment but was tracking with killstreaks.
- “Alliance” Objective 6: Complete any 4 Co-Op Operations has been fixed
- “Alliance” Objective 2: Requires 50 Juggernaut kills with Otter as your Coalition Operator. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where weapons stopped showing level progress 1 level before their max rank, giving the appearance that they are no longer gaining XP
- Striker 45: Fixing range and ADS speed to match the description of the 300mm Poly Barrel
- Model 680: Slight range increase
- Model 680 XRK 30.0 Sport: range increase
- Slight Range decrease and ADS increase to the following:
- Model 680 – XRK 18.0” Liberator
- R9-0 Force TAC Sentry
- Origin 12 Forge TAC Precision
- Under Barrel Shotguns: increased pellet count, reduced rate of fire, increased shell count to 8, tuned autoswap after ammo is complete, range increase
- Crossbow: Increased reload speed
- Fixed a bug where the Akimbo Snakeshot .357s did not register damage for both guns when fired on the same frame
- Reduced recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel
- Increased close and mid-range damage for the AK 5.45x39mm round mags
Classic Special Operations:
- Fix for a graphical bug that could occur on mission “Disinform” while on Xbox
Special Operations: Survival
- Piccadilly: Fix for a bug where helicopters could clip through buildings
- Adjusted Cluster Strike damage towards enemy helicopters
- Fix for a bug where destroying the enemy helicopter/pilot was not awarding money as intended
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for a bug that could prevent players from using the Cruise Missile while having the Thermite Launcher equipped
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed an issue where the Juggernauts outside the airport might not pursue players after breaking stealth
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed a bug where a player would have infinite ammo and standard weapons if jumping out of the plane with the Juggernaut suit
Call of Duty League:
- When CDL Rules are enabled, the Restrictions warning icon will be displayed next to the buttons that contain CDL banned items, even if they are in sub menus. This should make it easier for players to know what parts of their loadouts need to be replaced in order to follow CDL Rules.
- Domination: Round timer set to 5 minutes (previously 6)
- Search and Destroy: Round timer set to 1 minute 30 seconds (from 2 minutes)
- Restricted Thermite, Throwing Knives, and Killstreaks to CDL playlist
- Reintroduced the Data View feature, allowing KBM Codcasters to view player information by pressing the keybind assigned in the Options menu.
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
New Warzone leak reveals possible Sykov pistol release date
A Warzone date miner has revealed a potential release date for the upcoming dual wield, fully automatic Sykov pistol.
A new leak has revealed a possible release date for Modern Warfare and Warzone’s highly anticipated and feared full-auto Sykov pistol, also known as the Makarov.
Players have been waiting to get their hands on new Modern Warfare weapons that are expected to arrive in Warzone soon. After players could find the unreleased Sykov pistol in Plunder, many are looking forward to using it in their loadout.
Warzone data miner TailsDoll553 has revealed potential release dates for several upcoming Warzone and Cold War bundles. The standout piece of information is the release date for the Sparks Operator Bundle, which contains a new Operator and a Blueprint for unreleased full-auto Sykov pistol.
According to TailsDoll553, Warzone’s new pistol is set to release on April 15. They noted that “these could be subjected to change at any time, but these are the most likely dates for the bundles.”
Many players expect this new pistol to become the close-range meta when it arrives. The akimbo Diamattis from Black Ops Cold War dominated all point-blank fights for their high fire rate and insane damage output, but the Sykov is set to be even more powerful.
Through the Gunsmith system, it can be customized to be wielded akimbo and made fully automatic with an 80 round mag. This is sure to melt enemies up close and because it’s a secondary, you can run it along with the Ghost perk.
As for the other weapons set to be arriving, the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG, as well as the Soap Operator Bundle, TailsDoll553 said they couldn’t find any dates for their release as the date doesn’t appear to be in Warzone’s files yet.
As this is a leak, there’s no guarantee that the Sykov will release on April 15. However, by following our guide, you can try it out early in Modern Warfare’s Survival mode.
Image Credit: Activision / COD Tracker
Activision files complaint over Warzone trademark dispute
Activision has filed a lawsuit to proceed with Warzone trademark registration following a dispute.
Apex Legends War Games Second Chance mode explained
The first event in the Apex Legends War Games event is now live: Second Chance. Here's everything you need to...
Apex Legends: best team comps for Ranked in Season 8
This guide will showcase some of the best team comps for ranked Apex Legends Season 8, based on your playstyle.