A new patch update for Call of Duty: WWII is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (PC update goes live December 8 at 10AM PT). The version number is 1.07, and the update is a 2.3GB patch update.
WINTER SIEGE (Live Dec 8 – Jan 2):
- Winter Carentan added
- Winter Siege Gear and Weapons added
- Winter Siege Game Modes added
- Fixed issues relating to disconnect
- Improvements to partying up in custom match
- Fixed various party issues related to crashes and long load screens
- Fixed issue where party members bypass AAR
- Fixed issue where players cannot edit “Force Respawn” game option
- Fixed issue where players first entering MP are unable to select a Division
- Fixed issue where players who assign themselves to spectate in FFA actually load in as a normal player
- Fixed Prestige exploits
- Fixed map exploits on Gibraltar, USS Texas, Pointe du Hoc, Aachen, Sainte Marie du Mont
- Fixed issue allowing players to “frog jump”
- Various splitscreen improvements
- AI behavior improvements in War Mode
- Fixed issue causing error messages when loading out of War Mode matches
- War Mode Operation Neptune in-game UI improvements
- Fixed War Mode issue allowing players to build and destroy buildables outside of the objective zone
- Fixed issue in HC where players are able to steal Care Packages from teammates they kill
- Implemented “3 team kills and you’re kicked” rule in HC
- Fixed issue in HC where team kill deaths count towards KDR
- Fixed UI issue where XP earned from medals was not displaying, leading players to think they were not getting XP
- Fixed UI inaccuracies and general improvements to Divisions menu
- CTF minimap improvements
- Gridiron in-game UI improvements
- Added weapon base name and Division to supply drop cards
- Fixed new item UI
- Added progress bar for “Downloading updates”
- General UI and art fixes and improvements
- Added Mute All and Toggle Mute options in HQ
- Fixed issue where players died instantly after respawning in 1v1 pit
- Fixed issue where players can be killed and/or crash while exiting and entering HQ Firing Range
- Fixed out of world exploits in HQ
- Fixed issue where Orders and Challenges are not tracking properly
- Fixed Contract exploits in HQ
- Fixed issue where players received an incorrect error message when attempting to play a public match for a party larger than six players
- Fixed issue where in public FFA matches where players are kicked for inactivity, no forfeit timer appears for remaining players
- Fixed issue where players who should receive post-match bonuses do not receive them
- Fixed infinite Scorestreak exploit
- Fixed issue where progress for Weekly Orders not tracking
- Fixed audio looping issues after AAR
- Fixed issue where opening supply drops after selecting “Inspect Soldier” or after entering Theater causes loss in functionality
- Fixed issue where M1A1 reticle unlocked at 50 kills, instead of 500 – becomes parity with all other weapons
WEAPON AND SCORESTREAK FIXES:
- Fixed issue with fire path of Panzerschreck when aiming for Scorestreaks
- Fixed iron sight alignment on weapon variant for SVT and 1911
- Decreased amount of glare when using heroic shotguns
- Fixed issue with MG-42 VFX
- Fixed ADS fire for MG-42 reticle
- Fixed hip-fire inconsistencies on STG-44 (crouching vs. standing)
- Fixed suppressor VFX
- Fixed issue where Waffe 28 Variant “Soggy” wasn’t attaching sight attachments correctly
- Fixed issues when inspecting weapon and sprinting
- Fixed issue where equipping High Caliber on a rifle blocks player from equipping Steady Aim and Grip
- Improved visibility on Throwing Knife path
- General Ranked Play UI fixes
- Ranked Play UI issues with tracking wins and losses
- General connectivity issues finding Ranked Play matches
- Ranked Play counting towards global stats
- Fixed issue where player loses partial functionality when highlighting player in lobby and then selecting “Find Ranked Game”
- Fixed issue where players are not equipped with the default Scorestreak loadout
- Fixed issue where weapons are able to be leveled up
- Team killing no longer possible
- Explosive delay changed to be 7.5 across all competitive modes
- Implemented Leaderboards
- Fixed MMR discrepancies shown in AAR
- Fixed issue where players are able to start matches with fewer than 8 players
- Fixed issue where players are placed in non-functional lobby
- Fixed issue where players who leave match early do not receive lockout message
- Further optimized matchmaking based on MMR
- Fixed issue where players kicked to HQ from Ranked Play
- Fixed issue preventing players from changing their Basic Training
- Fixed issue where Division loadout does not auto-equip a Lethal/Tactical
- Fixed issue of false “Bronze Star” icon after player backs out of Ranked Play lobby and enters private match
- Added indicators for restricted items
- Fixed issue where lockout times not displaying
- General UI fixes and improvements
- General improvements to player banning in Ranked Play
- Fixed issue that allows players to search for new match while still in one, leading to games loading with less than required number of players
- Fixed issue where players can join lobby of a game that just ended, before every player has been kicked
- Fixed post-match disband issues
- Fixed MMR displaying inaccurately for new players
- Fixed issue where players’ customized loadouts are not populating correctly if weapons or gear were not unlocked in regular MP
- General CODcaster UI and functionality improvements
- Implemented all GameBattles modes and maps in Ranked Play
- Fixed issue where winner’s circle was not populating after matches
- Fixed freezing in menus
- Implemented Leaderboards
- Fixed issue where players lose all XP upon leaving match
- Fixed issue where players cannot open supply drops after Prestiging
- Fixed error received when joining Zombies through HQ
- Fixed issue where players joining Zombies from MP are sent to empty test space
- Fixed issue where players can create custom Prologue match
- Fixed issue where team-based trophies / achievements now granted to players who joined in progress before the fifth wave
- Improved splitscreen functionality post-match when message “Host Migration Aborted” is displayed
- Fixed general issues with XP gains
- Added progress bar for “Downloading updates”
- General UI fixes and improvements
- General splitscreen fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue where players could interact with objects when dying as last standing survivor
SOURCE: Sledgehammer Games (Image via @LegendOfAK)
Black Ops Cold War-themed Western Digital Black Drives available for a limited time
Western Digital has announced a limited time special edition of WD_BLACK drives themed after Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.
Hard Drive/SSD manufacturer Western Digital has partnered with Activision to bring specially themed Black Ops Cold War Drives for a limited time.
The Western Digital Black Ops Cold War drives are available now and include specially branded WD_BLACK drives, some of the fastest available in the Western Digital inventory, all catered to gaming.
Included with each purchase will be Call of Duty Points, which fluctuates in quantity depending on which drive you purchase.
The designs of the drives are also quite nice for both the external and internal drives.
For the external drive, a hard drive and NVMe SSD is available, making sure next-gen console gamers and even PC gamers can get an easy to use and portable high-speed SSD.
Black Ops Cold War Themed Drives Prices & Availability
Currently, the specially themed drives are only available on Western Digital’s shop, and not at retailers such as Best Buy. Here’s the rundown of the selection.
- WD_BLACK P10 Game Drive (External Hard Drive) 2TB – $99.99
- Includes 1,100 CoD Points
- USB 3.2, 140MB/s read speeds
- WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe (Internal SSD) 1TB – $239.99
- Includes 2,400 CoD Points
- PCIe Gen4, ~7000MB/s read speeds
- WD_BLACK P50 NVMe SSD Game Drive (External SSD) 1TB – $249.99
- Includes 2,400 CoD Points
- SSD “Superspeed” USB 20Gb/s interface, 2000MB/s read speeds
As of writing, the WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe is currently out of stock. It’s unknown when there will be a restock, or if there is a plan to roll out these drives to retailers.
Image Credits: Activision/Western Digital
Ranking the top 5 best Call of Duty Zombies maps
Do you love zombies as much as we do? Here’s our picks for the top 5 Call of Duty Zombies maps ever created by developer Treyarch.
Here’s our picks for the 5 best Call of Duty: Zombies maps ever created.
Call of Duty Zombies has been around for almost 13 years now, starting with Call of Duty: World at War’s release in 2008. What started as a small bonus mode after completing the campaign turned into a phenomenon for Call of Duty, attracting new fans and creating a brand new core game mode for Treyarch titles.
This list will be our list of the top 5 Treyarch Zombies map, in no particular order. It is worth noting that both Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games have tried their own Zombies modes, with Sledgehammer attempting Exo Zombies in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, then opting for traditional Zombies in Call of Duty: World War 2. Infinity Ward also tried in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and created a surprisingly fun/goofy experience.
If you’re a fan of those games, don’t expect to see any of the maps on this list, as we’re going to reminisce on some of the greatest Treyarch Zombies maps.
#5 – Origins (Black Ops 2)
Origins set a new standard for large-scale Zombies maps after its release as the final Black Ops 2 DLC map. With boss Zombies, upgradable elemental staffs, and a huge easter egg, the future was looking bright for the Call of Duty Zombies experience. Origins introduced the “Wunderfizz” machine, which awards players with a random perk in the game.
Players were also treated to many map secrets, which included being able to enter the giant robots that roamed the map, and also secret gramophones that unlocked access to a different realm.
Origins also saw a remaster in Black Ops 3 with the “Zombies Chronicles DLC”
#4 – Der Eisendrache (Black Ops 3)
Following the trend for large scale maps, Treyarch set out to make one of the most beautiful and fun Zombies maps with Der Esiendrache. Set in a large castle in Austria, this map had a few callbacks to Origins, with elemental bows instead of staffs and even mechanical Zombies, or “Panzersoldats”.
The easter egg for this map also had an epic boss fight against an Apothican Keeper, which rewarded players with a cutscene once completed.
#3 – Kino Der Toten (Black Ops)
One of two maps included with the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops was Kino Der Toten, a simple Zombies map that took place in an abandoned German theater. This map marked the beginning of the next stage of the Zombies storyline and added the iconic “Thunder Gun” into the mystery box.
#2 – Der Riese (World at War)
Der Riese was the final map for World at War and introduced many huge changes to the Zombies formula, like the introduction of the iconic pack-a-punch machine. Additionally, teleporters were added for the first time, and the first real functional easter egg appeared on this map.
The Zombies storyline also truly took off from here, with the addition of secret audio logs hidden on radios around the map.
#1 – Ascension (Black Ops)
Prepare for takeoff! Ascension was the first DLC map added to Black Ops and set a high bar for the rest of the DLC additions. Players started the game entirely in black and white, only to see color when the power was switched on.
The map had several new amazing pieces of equipment, like the Gersh Device and Russian Dolls. Additionally, the new lunar landers added an extra layer of verticality across the map. Ascension had the first full-length story-driven easter egg in the franchise, which rewarded players with a 90-second death machine.
That’s it for our list of the best Call of Duty Zombies maps! Be sure to tweet us @CharlieIntel with your picks.
How to get a free CDL sticker in Warzone & Black Ops Cold War
Here’s how you can get a free Call of Duty League themed sticker in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
Activision is offering players an exclusive Call of Duty League Sticker for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
The Call of Duty League 2021 kickoff starts this month, which means Activision is looking to expand marketing for the league.
The first marketing effort consists of a limited-edition “Squad Wipe” weapon sticker for players that will be useable in both Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Note: The sticker will not be available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s how you can get the sticker for yourself.
- 1: Have an Activision account in good standing (no bans).
- 2: Sign up for Call of Duty League email updates before February 4, 2021.
- 3: Enter name, email, birthday, country, and favorite teams on the sign-up website to be eligible.
- 4: Redeem the code emailed to you by January 21, 2022.
Expect the email to come shortly after the February 4, 2021, sign-up deadline. You can register for emails by using this link.
Image Credits: Activision
Black Ops Cold War’s Cartel map received major changes in Season 2
Cartel, one of Black Ops Cold War's most controversial maps, has received a new makeover as part of the game's...
Best FARA 83 Loadout for Black Ops Cold War Season 2
The FARA 83 is an extemely powerful Assault Rifle in Cold War Season 2, so here are the best attachments...
How to get new Legacy Prestige Icons in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War Season 2 has brought a new batch of Legacy Prestige Icons to unlock, so here's how...