A new patch update for Call of Duty: WWII is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (PC update goes live December 8 at 10AM PT). The version number is 1.07, and the update is a 2.3GB patch update.
WINTER SIEGE (Live Dec 8 – Jan 2):
- Winter Carentan added
- Winter Siege Gear and Weapons added
- Winter Siege Game Modes added
- Fixed issues relating to disconnect
- Improvements to partying up in custom match
- Fixed various party issues related to crashes and long load screens
- Fixed issue where party members bypass AAR
- Fixed issue where players cannot edit “Force Respawn” game option
- Fixed issue where players first entering MP are unable to select a Division
- Fixed issue where players who assign themselves to spectate in FFA actually load in as a normal player
- Fixed Prestige exploits
- Fixed map exploits on Gibraltar, USS Texas, Pointe du Hoc, Aachen, Sainte Marie du Mont
- Fixed issue allowing players to “frog jump”
- Various splitscreen improvements
- AI behavior improvements in War Mode
- Fixed issue causing error messages when loading out of War Mode matches
- War Mode Operation Neptune in-game UI improvements
- Fixed War Mode issue allowing players to build and destroy buildables outside of the objective zone
- Fixed issue in HC where players are able to steal Care Packages from teammates they kill
- Implemented “3 team kills and you’re kicked” rule in HC
- Fixed issue in HC where team kill deaths count towards KDR
- Fixed UI issue where XP earned from medals was not displaying, leading players to think they were not getting XP
- Fixed UI inaccuracies and general improvements to Divisions menu
- CTF minimap improvements
- Gridiron in-game UI improvements
- Added weapon base name and Division to supply drop cards
- Fixed new item UI
- Added progress bar for “Downloading updates”
- General UI and art fixes and improvements
- Added Mute All and Toggle Mute options in HQ
- Fixed issue where players died instantly after respawning in 1v1 pit
- Fixed issue where players can be killed and/or crash while exiting and entering HQ Firing Range
- Fixed out of world exploits in HQ
- Fixed issue where Orders and Challenges are not tracking properly
- Fixed Contract exploits in HQ
- Fixed issue where players received an incorrect error message when attempting to play a public match for a party larger than six players
- Fixed issue where in public FFA matches where players are kicked for inactivity, no forfeit timer appears for remaining players
- Fixed issue where players who should receive post-match bonuses do not receive them
- Fixed infinite Scorestreak exploit
- Fixed issue where progress for Weekly Orders not tracking
- Fixed audio looping issues after AAR
- Fixed issue where opening supply drops after selecting “Inspect Soldier” or after entering Theater causes loss in functionality
- Fixed issue where M1A1 reticle unlocked at 50 kills, instead of 500 – becomes parity with all other weapons
WEAPON AND SCORESTREAK FIXES:
- Fixed issue with fire path of Panzerschreck when aiming for Scorestreaks
- Fixed iron sight alignment on weapon variant for SVT and 1911
- Decreased amount of glare when using heroic shotguns
- Fixed issue with MG-42 VFX
- Fixed ADS fire for MG-42 reticle
- Fixed hip-fire inconsistencies on STG-44 (crouching vs. standing)
- Fixed suppressor VFX
- Fixed issue where Waffe 28 Variant “Soggy” wasn’t attaching sight attachments correctly
- Fixed issues when inspecting weapon and sprinting
- Fixed issue where equipping High Caliber on a rifle blocks player from equipping Steady Aim and Grip
- Improved visibility on Throwing Knife path
- General Ranked Play UI fixes
- Ranked Play UI issues with tracking wins and losses
- General connectivity issues finding Ranked Play matches
- Ranked Play counting towards global stats
- Fixed issue where player loses partial functionality when highlighting player in lobby and then selecting “Find Ranked Game”
- Fixed issue where players are not equipped with the default Scorestreak loadout
- Fixed issue where weapons are able to be leveled up
- Team killing no longer possible
- Explosive delay changed to be 7.5 across all competitive modes
- Implemented Leaderboards
- Fixed MMR discrepancies shown in AAR
- Fixed issue where players are able to start matches with fewer than 8 players
- Fixed issue where players are placed in non-functional lobby
- Fixed issue where players who leave match early do not receive lockout message
- Further optimized matchmaking based on MMR
- Fixed issue where players kicked to HQ from Ranked Play
- Fixed issue preventing players from changing their Basic Training
- Fixed issue where Division loadout does not auto-equip a Lethal/Tactical
- Fixed issue of false “Bronze Star” icon after player backs out of Ranked Play lobby and enters private match
- Added indicators for restricted items
- Fixed issue where lockout times not displaying
- General UI fixes and improvements
- General improvements to player banning in Ranked Play
- Fixed issue that allows players to search for new match while still in one, leading to games loading with less than required number of players
- Fixed issue where players can join lobby of a game that just ended, before every player has been kicked
- Fixed post-match disband issues
- Fixed MMR displaying inaccurately for new players
- Fixed issue where players’ customized loadouts are not populating correctly if weapons or gear were not unlocked in regular MP
- General CODcaster UI and functionality improvements
- Implemented all GameBattles modes and maps in Ranked Play
- Fixed issue where winner’s circle was not populating after matches
- Fixed freezing in menus
- Implemented Leaderboards
- Fixed issue where players lose all XP upon leaving match
- Fixed issue where players cannot open supply drops after Prestiging
- Fixed error received when joining Zombies through HQ
- Fixed issue where players joining Zombies from MP are sent to empty test space
- Fixed issue where players can create custom Prologue match
- Fixed issue where team-based trophies / achievements now granted to players who joined in progress before the fifth wave
- Improved splitscreen functionality post-match when message “Host Migration Aborted” is displayed
- Fixed general issues with XP gains
- Added progress bar for “Downloading updates”
- General UI fixes and improvements
- General splitscreen fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue where players could interact with objects when dying as last standing survivor
SOURCE: Sledgehammer Games (Image via @LegendOfAK)
Warzone devs ‘fast-tracking’ fix for weapon glitch
Infinity Ward has posted a tweet confirming the studio is fast tracking a fix for the weapon glitch occurring in Call of Duty: Warzone, especially on PC.
The glitch blows the weapon’s polygon out of proportion when rendering causing it to block the entire screen.
This issue started to happen with the Season 5 update last week and is continuing to cause issues for many PC players. Many of the largest PC creators have voiced their frustration over the issue.
In a tweet, the studio confirms they are working to get out a fix ASAP.
A release time frame for this fix is not confirmed at the time of this writing, so stay tuned for updates.
Call of Duty: WWII now available for free with PS Plus on PS4
As announced on May 25, Call of Duty: WWII is one of the free games for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 for the month of June.
Call of Duty: WWII is now available for download on the PlayStation 4 store and is listed as free as long as you have an active PlayStation Plus membership on your account. Once you download it, it is yours to keep forever, as along as you maintain an active PlayStation Plus subscription.
Visit the PlayStation Store HERE to download. Players are also receiving 1,100 Call of Duty Points by downloading Call of Duty: WWII.
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII – a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.
Call of Duty®: WWII creates the definitive World War II next generation experience across three different game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative. Featuring stunning visuals, the Campaign transports players to the European theater. Multiplayer marks a return to original, boots-on-the ground Call of Duty® gameplay. Authentic weapons and traditional run-and-gun action immerse you in a vast array of World War II–themed locations.
Call of Duty: WWII was first released in 2017 and developed by Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. The title was Call of Duty’s big venture back to its roots of WWII era since the original release.
Call of Duty: WWII features a full campaign experience, multiplayer experience with new modes like War mode and Headquarters social space, and the co-op Nazi Zombies experience.
The base game is included with PS Plus, and there’s four DLC packs for Call of Duty: WWII also available as an add-on purchase with additional MP maps, War mode maps, and Nazi Zombies experiences.
Call of Duty: WWII is available for FREE with PlayStation Plus from now through Tuesday, July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII will be FREE with PlayStation Plus on PS4 in June
PlayStation has announced that a Call of Duty game will be FREE with PlayStation Plus for PlayStation 4 players in June.
The company has announced that the 2017 release of Call of Duty: WWII will be one of the PlayStation Plus free games in June.
Players on PlayStation 4 who are PS Plus subscribers will be able to download and play Call of Duty: WWII for FREE starting Tuesday, May 26 from the PlayStation 4 store on their console.
Once you download it, you can own it permanently as long as you have an active PS+ membership. The offer to download this expires July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII first released on November 2017 and was Sledgehammer Games’ last Call of Duty game release. The title debuted as one of the best selling Call of Duty games on this generation, featuring a campaign taking players back to WWII-era, multiplayer with War mode and Headquarters social place, alongside Nazi Zombies.
Call of Duty: WWII is the third free Call of Duty title for PS Plus members in history. The first was Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in June 2018, followed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered in March 2019.
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...
Snipers in Black Ops Cold War alpha intentionally overpowered to test balance
Treyarch’s Designer Tony Flame has stated on Twitter that the team intentionally overpowered the sniper rifles in the alpha. One...