A new patch update for Call of Duty: WWII, version 1.13, is now live on PS4 and Xbox One; PC update to go live April 17.
This new patch brings the big, previously announced Divisions overhaul update, alongside other bug fixes and more.
- Call of Duty: WWII DLC Pack 2: The War Machine now live on PS4 with 3 new maps (Egypt, Dunkirk, V2), War Mode: Operation Husky, and Nazi Zombies: The Shadowed Throne
- Divisions Overhaul Changes (listed below)
- New Themed HQ
- Emblem Gallery – Recent and Trending tabs
- Pushed out Phase 1 of “Memory Error” fix
- Fixed crash and functionality loss issues in Public Match menu
- Fixed issue where map voting would occasionally show two of the same options
- Fixed issue where Afterlife and Return to Sender medals were being incorrectly awarded
- Fixed issue where splitscreen players were kicked after receiving their login bonuses
- Fixed splitscreen issues on Shipment 1944
- Fixed splitscreen issue in Prop Hunt where Player 2 does not have functionality
- Fixed performance issues with scrolling rapidly in menus
- Fixed issue where players were kicked from a lobby when accessing Special Helmets
- Fixed loading screen issues for War Mode on Operation Intercept
- Fixed issue with War Mode on Operation Neptune where trying to start a Custom Match resulted in an error message and crash
- Various UI fixes and improvements (menus, base weapon text, HUD, icons, subtitles, error messages, splitscreen, Division slots, description text, overlay alignment, AAR, Combat Record, timers, clan tags, Emblem Gallery, Firing Range, inspecting weapons, default Uniforms, Prop Hunt)
- Fixed issue where “Leave Match” and “Quit to Desktop” buttons in MP were not functioning properly
- Fixed audio issues in the HQ Theater
- Various weapon art and animation improvements
- Fixed issue where STG-44’s appeared with 2 iron sights
- Fixed issue where players had problems respawning in a match while using the Battle Watch II variant of the M1941
- Fixed issue where players were not able to shoot Care Packages out of the sky by shooting the parachute
SCORESTREAK COSTS FOR ESPORTS CWL ONLY (Scorestreaks not listed remain Restricted):
- 700 Glide Bomb
- 750 Mortar Strike
- 800 Flak Guns
- 825 Artillery Barrage
- 850 Fighter Strike
- 950 Flame Thrower
- 1050 Fire Bombing Run
- 1400 Carpet Bombing
- 1700 Plane gunner
- Various UI fixes and improvements for CoDCaster (menus, functionality)
- Fixed crashing issues for CoDCaster matches
- Fixed functionality issues with the social tab
- Pushed out Phase 1 of “Memory Error” fix
- Various UI fixes and improvements (menus, incorrect error messages, subtitles, weapon names, description text, clan tags)
- Fixed various map exploits on The Darkest Shore
- Fixed issue where “Leave Match” and “Quit to Desktop” buttons in Zombies were not functioning properly
- Fixed issue where splitscreen players were freezing after certain easter egg steps on The Darkest Shore
MP DIVISION CHANGES:
Here’s the new level ranking unlocks for each Division in Call of Duty: WWII:
- Additional Primary Attachment
- Second Pistol Attachment & swap weapons faster
- While aiming down sights, have less idle sway
- Move faster while aiming
- Fire guns while sprinting & diving
- Reload while sprinting
- Climb over obstacles faster & no damage from falling
- Sprint faster over time
- Take significantly less explosive & fire damage
- Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
- Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
- Greatly reduced flinch when shot
- Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft & controlled streaks
- Killed enemy death locations hidden
- No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
- Silent movement
- Double Lethal + Tactical & enhanced equipment use
- Munitions replenish from killed enemies & over time
- Improved Tacticals & Easier to destroy War buildables
- Equipment damage paints enemies on mini-map
- Mini-map indicator & scrambler of close hostiles
- Enemy movements are easier to hear
- Kills & assists grant Intel Ping of nearby enemies
- Easier to spot targets & increased mini-map coverage
Here is all of the brand new Division Changes, including Unlimited Sprint for all Players, a 4th Perk option, and more:
Loadout Selection Changes:
- LMG Bipod and Sniper Sharpshooter are automatically available when using an LMG or Sniper
- Remaining Division Skills (weapon class attachments) are selectable in CAC (and no longer given by division)
- Each Division has a 4th perk and their levels have been adjusted & rebalanced
- All players have unlimited sprint & sprint speed is slightly slower
- 3 Primary Attachments for all loadouts
- One piece of both Lethal & Tactical equipment for all loadouts
- Launchers can be equipped for all loadouts
- The Rifle Grenade is an available attachment for all rifles
- The Suppressor is an available attachment for all pistols
- The Pistol Suppressor has a 15% range reduction vs. the SMG Suppressor’s 30% range reduction
- The following Basic Trainings are cut & no longer selectable: Primed & Bang
- Prestige tokens spent on these are refunded & associated challenges are auto-completed
- The following Basic Trainings are newly added: Blitzkrieg & Clandestine
- Blitzkrieg: “Streaks are earned by Kills (instead of Score). Bonus: Streaks are improved & select a 4th Streak.”
- Clandestine: “Slain enemies drop Intel Packs that reveal nearby hostiles. Bonus: Intel ping at the start of each life.”
- Moved “Second pistol attachment & swap weapons faster” to Infantry to align with its marksmanship focus
- Filled gap in Resistance with “Enemy movements are easier to hear” to align with its counter-intelligence focus
Weapon/Mechanic Tuning Changes:
- Global sprint speed reduced (to account for Unlimited Sprint)
- 1.3x instead of previously 1.4x
- Reduced Launcher effectiveness against players
- Panzerschreck nerfed damage & projectile speed
- Bazooka buffed radius, buffed projectile speed & nerfed damage
- Bazooka should more reliably give hitmarkers than before & increased projectile speed should make it better than Panzer against streaks.
- Frag & Sticky grenade max damage nerfed
- ~10% max damage reduction to account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical and address existing complaints of grenade spam
- Shellshock & Earthquake effects from Lethal Equipment significantly reduced
- Reduced effect radius and duration to address existing complaints and account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical
- Tactical Equipment strength adjusted
- All tacticals without Expeditionary III got a small nerf
- Smoke lasts 10 seconds (previously: 14 seconds; Expeditionary III: 14 seconds)
- Signal Flare lasts 3.5 seconds (previously: 5 seconds; Expeditionary III: 5.5 seconds)
- Stun effects last between 1.75-3.5 seconds (previously: 2-4 seconds; Expeditionary III: 2.5-4.25 seconds)
- Tabun Gas deals 1 dmg every 1 second 5 times (previously: 10 dmg every 1 second 5 times; Expeditionary III: 5 dmg every 0.625 seconds 8 times)
- The following Basic Trainings have had their benefits changed:
- Energetic: Adds “Increased sprint speed”. Removes “Sprint again sooner”
- Forage: Adds “Resupply bullets over time”. Adds “Extra magazines”. “Removes “Swap weapons faster”.
- Ordnance: Adds “Killed enemies drop Streak packs that fill your meter”. Removes “Re-roll your own care packages”.
- Launched: Adds “Additional launcher ammunition”. Removes “Only way to take a Launcher”.
- Concussed: Adds “Take two pieces of Lethal & Tactical equipment”. Removes “presetting what the equipment is”.
- Instincts: Adds “Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment”. Esports-only change to remove “warning when targeted off-screen” benefit (with the intention for this BT to be unbanned by MLG and used in competitive to counter Tacticals).
- Incendiary Shells attachment buffed
- Gives Additional Shells (7 for Combat Shotgun; 8 for all other shotguns)
- Range reduction of Shells buffed to -10% from -15%
- Sped up loading of shells for Combat Shotgun
- M30 Rifle Bullet ammo buffed
- Gives Additional Bullets (8 bullets instead of previous 6)
- LMG Bipod Buffed
- Increased fire rate while mounted (+9% which is equal to Rapid Fire attachment for LMGs [which stacks])
- Firing while mounted initially draws ammo from reserve then once exhausted draws from current clip (removing the need to reload).
- Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed
- Hold breath increased to 10 seconds from 4 seconds. Promotes using snipers the “proper” way rather than quickscoping.
- Buffed “Take Significantly less fire & explosive damage” from Armored
- 80% reduction from fire & explosive damage (previously was 65% reduction)
- “Reduced idle sway” from Infantry III & Scoped now affects snipers
- 30% reduction for Snipers; vs. all other weapon classes’ 65% reduction
- This does stack with Ballistic Calibration attachment
- Buffed “Move faster while aiming” from Infantry IV & Scoped
- Maintained separation between weapon classes (Sniper < LMG < Rifle < SMG < Pistol / Shotgun)
- LMGs mostly got their ADS firing speed buffed since that was previously very slow even with Infantry IV
- Snipers got a smaller buff than other weapon classes since it isn’t beneficial to move too fast
- Pistols & Shotguns already equaled non-ads speed with Infantry IV so they were not adjusted
Ranking the 10 best Call of Duty maps ever
In nearly 20 years of Call of Duty games, which maps do we consider to be the absolute best? Find out as we rank the top 10 CoD maps ever.
After playing Call of Duty games for so many years, it’s often crossed our mind, which is the best CoD map of all time? So we’ve gone through them all, and come up with what we believe to be the 10 best ever, and ranked them.
Between Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer Games, and Raven Software, the franchise’s main developers have created some astonishingly good maps over the years. Some have stood the test of time, with some becoming recurring features in multiple CoD games.
We decided to take the unenviable task of going through every single Call of Duty online multiplayer map and trying to pick the top 10 ever. Some CoD games don’t feature at all, and that doesn’t necessarily mean they were bad games, it’s just that some did it better.
Here is our official ranking of Call of Duty’s 10 best maps ever.
10. The Pines
Black Ops Cold War probably won’t go down in the annals as an all-time great, but it’s had plenty of highspots, including The Pines.
A throwback to a certain, classic 1980s film, The Pines has a great environment to explore with frantic battles in shops, lots of verticality, several perch-type spots, and the middle of the map is very accessible thanks to walls and its fountain.
Also, see where it ranked on our list of the best Black Ops Cold War maps!
Modern Warfare 2 gave birth to the craziness of 360 no-scoping, quickscoping, and various other ridiculous sniping tricks that would become permanently etched in the early days of YouTube.
Lots of players we know now got their start using Highrise to climb to fame, and that’s also because it’s a great map. You can always use either building to become engaged in heated battles and use them for range before inevitably flying down to the rooftop below for even more conflict.
On the other hand, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s Bloc is probably the finest example of a sniping map in the series’ storied history.
Its predominant feature is the two opposing, war-torn apartment blocs that are quite literally set up for a battle of Sniper Rifles. It’s always great fun moving from window to window and changing floors to vary your attack. If that wasn’t your thing, then Bloc has plenty of avenues to storm both buildings and move around the edges of the map to ambush.
Before “1v1 me in the Gulag“, there was Rust. Taking the idea of a small map from CoD4’s Shipment, Rust still manages to create a small playground but added so many possibilities.
From its stairs-esque shaft to the ladder taking you to the top, there are so many ways you could get the jump on your opponent. Rust also has a myriad of crevices to move around in, making this tiny map feel massive.
Rammaza is not only a bright spot in an otherwise divisive 2019 Modern Warfare reboot, it’s also just a classic Call of Duty map.
With three different levels of fighting possible, a multitude of different ladders and stairs to allow fluid traversal, Rammaza is just big enough and has all its obstacles in the right place. It’s a great map on any game mode and one that we’d definitely like to see return.
There isn’t a wasted space in quite a sizable Strike map. The spawn points are well-hidden and it doesn’t feel bare in any parts.
It has several key spots such as the iconic middle building, the kitchen area, the houses near each spawn, and there are genuinely so many different ways to play it. Search & Destroy was a particular delight to play on Strike, and it’s aged very well.
Raid might be the most scenic and stunning map on this list with this luxurious hollywood home boasting incredible architecture, mega-expensive sports cars, and even its own basketball court.
The map just feels unique and underlines this by allowing you to swim under its pool. It’s well-connected by the middle’s garden area and again, firefights can literally take place anywhere on the map. It was one of Black Ops Cold War’s first classic maps to be added to the game, and that’s because it’s still incredibly popular to do this day.
3. Firing Range
Another smaller map that manages to cram so much into it that it’s hard not to love. The concept is great as we’ve found ourselves on these practice ranges in multiple CoD games, so now actually trying to kill people on it feels apt.
Firing Range is a hotbed for high-scoring games, but unlike a map such as Nuketown, Firing Range feels fair and doesn’t feel like you’ll be spawn-trapped for multiple deaths in a row. It’s definitely the best “small” map in Call of Duty history and we’re sure we’ll be seeing it for multiple games to come.
To many, the top spot is always going to boil down between one of two maps, and our number two spot goes to Terminal. If the action had perhaps been locked down to only the outside or inside, then Terminal wouldn’t fair so well.
But thankfully it doesn’t, and it leads to lots of crazy matches with close-range combat, long-range sniping, and everything in-between. Terminal perfectly manages to capture the balance of gameplay, whilst providing a cool backdrop at the same time.
The best map honor goes to Crash. If the sight of that destroyed helicopter doesn’t make you feel nostalgic then you probably never played Call of Duty 4. Infinity Ward’s take on modern warfare changed first-person shooters forever, and Crash is symbolic of this.
Gone were the days of the arena shooter, Crash represented a new era of detailed, intricate, multi-channeled maps with new ways to play each time. Whether you stayed at the top of the street to snipe down a lane, or headed to the bottom to ascend the three-story building, Crash had everything and more to make a map you wanted to play time and time again.
Which is why we believe it’s the best map in Call of Duty history.
Also, check out our 5 best Call of Duty games ever ranked: Full tier list too.
Image credits: Activision / Infinity Ward / Treyarch / Sledgehammer Games
CoD leaker claims Modern Warfare 3 Campaign Remastered coming in 2021
Call of Duty fans could be set for huge nostalgia in 2021 with a remaster of the Modern Warfare 3 campaign expected to drop.
Modern Warfare 3 looks set to follow in the footsteps of Modern Warfare 2 by releasing a remastered version of its campaign component. A leak has suggested that the Call of Duty content is scheduled for 2021.
There’s absolutely no doubting the impact that the Modern Warfare games have had on the video game industry. At the time, CoD’s 2011 launch made Modern Warfare 3 the most successful entertainment launch of all-time by grossing over $400 million in 24 hours.
The continued exploits of Captain Price, Soap, and the gang were massively sought after and people flocked to it in droves. Now, players will apparently get to revisit this classic campaign in 2021 with a leak hinting that Modern Warfare 3 Remastered is on the way.
According to the MW2Ghost, “I was told that MW3 Campaign Remastered is definitely coming this year, and should be coming Q2 which is the original plan, one month exclusive to PlayStation.”
- Read More: 8 things we want to see in Call of Duty 2021
If true, this would follow a similar model to other previous Call of Duty content by declaring PlayStation to be its exclusive home for a while.
Black Ops Cold War has been an example of this with PlayStation users being treated exclusively to the game’s Onslaught mode. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered also released first on PlayStation.
MW2Ghost also followed this message up by saying, “Worded this a bit weird, so, it was originally set for Q2 of this year under a deal with PlayStation, but not sure if that’s still the case (date). Apparently, it’s definitely still coming at some point this year.”
Modern Warfare 2 remastered proved to be a financial victory for Activision, as people clamored for the epic campaign that helped to kickstart a generation.
With the extraordinary success of Warzone potentially affecting Call of Duty 2021, a remastered version of the Modern Warfare 3 campaign may have to keep fans ticking over until Call of Duty 2021 is announced.
Image credits: Activision
How to play Rebirth Island in private matches
Season 3 of Black Ops Cold War has arrived in Warzone, and it has delivered the ability to play Rebirth Island in private matches.
Season 3 has officially arrived in Call of Duty: Warzone. It has brought plenty of changes, with one of the most notable is the ability to play private matches on Rebirth Island.
The first season of Black Ops Cold War content for Warzone saw Rebirth Island become the second map that players could battle on in the popular Call of Duty battle royale. The much smaller map and lower player count resulted in players being able to have quicker and even more intense matches than Verdansk.
While the community has been able to play private matches on Verdansk for some time now, the same has not been true for Rebirth Island, until now thanks to the Season 3 update for Warzone.
How to Play Rebirth Island in Private Matches
Players looking to customize their experience on the smaller Warzone map and host their own exclusive matches now can, thanks to the addition of private matches to the Black Ops Cold War map for Warzone.
Individuals who would like to set up these kinds of games on this particular map will need to head into Warzone and click on the tab at the very bottom of the Warzone playlist where you find all of the different game modes that you can play currently.
You will then need to select which game mode you would like to play. Once you have selected the game mode, you will be sent to the lobby screen, where you will be able to go to the bottom of the screen and switch the map from Verdansk to Rebirth Island.
Make sure you have enough players in the lobby to start a match, and then press start match.
There is no doubt that the addition of this feature to Verdansk was a hit amongst the community and will likely be used a great deal by players throughout Season 3 who prefer to get their victories and highlights on the smaller Warzone map instead of its larger predecessor.
The addition of this feature is just one of the many changes that have arrived in Warzone by way of the Season 3 update. From new weapons like the PPSH and Swiss K31 to the Hunt for Adler event, community members will have plenty to enjoy for the foreseeable future.
Apex Legends players discover that Revenant and Wraith can get into World’s Edge vault without key
A team of Apex Legends players recently discovered that Wraith and Revenant can team up to get into the World's...
Best RPD loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 3
The RPD LMG can be a very powerful weapon when players use the attachments and perks to make the best...
How to slide cancel in CoD: Warzone Season 3
Slide canceling is an important tool in any Warzone player's armory, and we've got everything you need to master the...