Treyarch has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The patch is live now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with release on PC to follow. The patch update is version 1.08 and is 14GB on PS4 and 22GB on Xbox One.
The new patch update brings Safeguard to Xbox One, which debuted on PS4 last week. In addition, many players are now once again able to access Theater Mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 following a glitch that caused the mode to be unavailable.
Treyarch has released the patch notes, providing a detailed look at what changed with today’s update, including gameplay improvements across modes and a preview of what’s coming next week.
Today’s 1.08 title update is all about gameplay and stability improvements across all three modes, as we set the stage for an even bigger update next week. Stay tuned for the intel on everything new coming soon to Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout.
In Multiplayer, we’ve implemented a round of stability updates for a smoother online experience, including fixes for crashes related to specific modes, Scorestreaks, and Specialists that could affect players at various points in MP matches. We’ve also adjusted Hardpoint spawns, tweaked the Care Package and Hellstorm Scorestreaks, updated CWL Custom Game rules, addressed various Challenge issues, and more. See below for the full patch notes for all the new details.
We’ve added a host of stability improvements in Zombies to prepare for next week’s big update, including new crash fixes specific to each map and additional fixes across the board. Stay tuned for more information on what’s in store for the Black Ops 4 Zombies experience starting next week.
For our Blackout players: prepare for big changes coming to the game starting next week. We’ve got an extensive set of features, events, and more surprises planned for the future of Blackout, and we’re excited to share more details on everything coming in our next update in a dedicated post later this week. In the meantime, we’ve added enemy Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon information to the player HUD and Killcams in today’s update, and we’re bringing the Zombies Origins Character Missions and the Blightfather event to our Xbox One and PC players tomorrow!
1.08 Update Patch Notes:
- Stability improvements
- Hardpoint Spawn adjustments
- Care Package and Hellstorm adjustments
- Player identity HUD updates
- Challenge fixes
- CWL Custom Game updates
- Misc. gameplay fixes
- Stability improvements across all maps
- Dark Ops Challenge adjustment
- Killcam and HUD identity updates
PS4 AND XBOX ONE
We’ve made the following updates to the game on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow tomorrow with PC-exclusive changes:
- Spawn adjustments made for Hardpoint.
- Added Calling Card and Emblem for killed enemies to the player HUD.
- Stability – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a UAV was active while another player was joining the match.
- When a player disconnected during a Hellstorm strike.
- When a Seeker attacked a player in certain situations.
- When Firebreak’s Reactor Core killed a player that was disconnecting.
- In Kill Confirmed when collecting the tag of a disconnected player.
- In Safeguard when the Robot was shut down in certain situations.
- During the Specialist Draft when another player disconnected.
- Care Package
- Improved Care Package landing physics.
- Addressed issues with the Care Package getting stuck and being flung off the map.
- Addressed an issue that would allow the Hellstorm to lock onto targets that were under roofs and not reachable by the missile.
- Care Package
- 100 Percenter
- 100 Percenter Calling Card now properly unlocks in the Calling Cards menu once earned.
- Bring the Pain
- Kills with the Dual Wield Saug 9mm now properly track toward this Challenge.
- Got Rocks
- Vehicle destructions now properly track toward this Challenge.
- 100 Percenter
- CWL Custom Games
- Sensor Dart is no longer restricted.
- Hellion Salvo launcher is no longer restricted.
- Torque is no longer restricted.
- Select Spawn is now disabled.
- Players will now spectate other players instead of their own death position in CWL Hardpoint.
- Stim Shot will now be fully charged on respawn.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s class could change mid-game if the Create-a-Class menu was not closed prior to spawning.
- Addressed an issue where Gestures would get stuck in a loop and could not be interrupted by the player.
- General – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- In multiple situations when a player disconnected from the game.
- Occasionally when calculating stats at the end of a round.
- When disconnecting the controller during the loading screen could lead to multiple “reconnect controller” messages.
- When using Deadshot Dealer.
- In rare instances when triggering Winter’s Wail.
- In rare instances when triggering alternative ammo type FX.
- In rare instances when hint text displayed in Rush.
- In rare instances when a Stoker died.
- In rare instances while disconnecting while downed.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while using the Viper and Dragon or Ragnarok DG-5.
- Voyage of Despair – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When the Blightfather used his tongue attack.
- While activating the Sentinel Artifact.
- While using fast travel.
- During the Wonder Weapon quest.
- Blood of the Dead – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- During the third step of the Main Quest.
- When a Hellhound died after falling too far outside the map.
- In rare instances while running the unfinished Magmagat across the map.
- In rare instances when a Hellhound was killed.
- Classified – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a player disconnected while interacting with the door to the room containing McNamara in the Main Offices.
- When triggering Nova Crawler spawn FX.
- When Nova Crawlers used the teleporter.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while teleporting.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Blightfather’s projectiles fired.
- General – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- Moved one of the Dark Ops Master Calling Cards to the correct tab.
- Added Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon for killed enemies to the player HUD.
- Added enemy Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon to Killcam.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Torque’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when an enemy was entangled in the Razor Wire.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Ajax’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when killing an enemy in certain situations.
Microsoft explain why Call of Duty will stay on PlayStation after Xbox exclusivity rumors
Microsoft have reiterated their claim that Call of Duty will remain on PlayStation and gave one simple reason why.
Both PlayStations fans and Sony itself have expressed concern over Call of Duty becoming Xbox and PC exclusive, but Microsoft have reiterated their claim that the games will remain on PlayStation, giving one simple reason why.
Microsoft announced their shock buyout of Activision Blizzard back in January 2022, with the deal set to close in Summer 2023. While Microsoft previously stated that there are no plans to make Call of Duty Xbox and PC-exclusive, Sony still expressed concern.
As reported by VGC, Microsoft responded to these concerns in a document sent to Brazil’s Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE). Here, they accused Sony of blocking games from Xbox Game Pass and reiterated that it “wouldn’t be profitable” to remove Call of Duty from PlayStation.
Microsoft acquired Bethesda back in 2021, and have already started making their games, such as Starfield, Xbox and PC exclusive. However, in this document, Microsoft insisted that Sony shouldn’t worry about Call of Duty being removed from PlayStation.
“Regardless of how unsurprising Sony‘s criticism of content exclusivity is – given that PlayStation’s entire strategy has been centered on exclusivity over the years – the reality is that the strategy of retaining Activision Blizzard’s games by not distributing them in rival console shops would simply not be profitable for Microsoft,” claimed Microsoft.
Microsoft gave several reasons why they wouldn’t remove future Call of Duty games from PlayStation, but it all boiled down to profit.
“The hypothetical adoption of any content discontinuation strategy would not be profitable for Microsoft and, even if implemented, such strategies would have no competitive impact, for the reasons described above,” concluded Microsoft.
There are also reports that there are contractual agreements that ensure the next three Call of Duty games will be on both Xbox and PlayStation. Rumors suggest that Call of Duty 2024 will be developed by Treyarch, and Activision have even teased a new premium game for 2023.
Image Credit: Activision
Huge Black Ops 4 campaign leak reveals scrapped ‘Career’ mode details & concept art
Black Ops 4’s scrapped campaign has reportedly appeared online in a huge leak showing off concept art and breaking down a ton of details.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 went against the norm by opting to skip a campaign, despite it reportedly being in development for some time. Four years later, a leak puts together a ton of information about the scrapped ‘Career’ mode which was set to be an online 2v2 experience.
While Call of Duty players typically enjoy the blockbuster campaigns, it’s arguably multiplayer that brings them back year after year. Despite rumors suggesting that a Black Ops 4 Campaign was in development, the game launched in 2018 without a single-player mode.
Now, almost four years later with Modern Warfare 2 on the horizon, a ton of info has dropped detailing exactly what Black Ops 4’s campaign mode could have been.
Reddit user Purpletoaster20 said this huge post in the GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit was the result of “months of research & discussion with people who have inside knowledge of this mode,” and it includes images of internal powerpoints, concept art, and a detailed breakdown of each mission.
The campaign was dubbed ‘Career’ and would be an online 2v2 mode where players would “race to the finish” against the opposing duo, and whichever side won would affect how the rest of the session would progress.
Taking place in a post-Black Ops 3 2070, there would be “The Year of Chaos” after a pandemic and climate disasters would “heavily diminish the world’s resources.”
Each duo would pick their preferred faction, and then need to battle against AI to complete their objectives ahead of the other team. Plus, there would also be PvP sections with Blackout mechanics, where death would result in respawning back at a base near to the action.
This mode would have counted towards player progression, with each Black Ops 4 season adding several new missions for players to complete.
Four missions were “nearly complete,” and the Reddit user detailed them all in the Reddit post. In these missions, players had to complete Call of Duty-esque objectives such as blowing up convoys and hacking and defending terminals.
But why was this huge mode canceled? According to the Reddit user, it was “due to technical issues & the overall gameplay loop being described as too repetitive,” as well as the release being pushed forward by a month. They also claim that the leaked gameplay wasn’t from the campaign, but was actually from a Specialist HQ mode.
The Reddit user said they’ll be putting all of this information together in a 30-minute video on August 18.
Image Credit: Activision
Players share Call of Duty Next reveal wishlist for Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
With the Call of Duty Next event set to showcase MW2 and Warzone 2, players reveal exactly what they’re desperate to see.
The upcoming Call of Duty Next event is set to deliver a full Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal as well as new Warzone 2 information. Here’s what players are desperate to see from the event.
During Call of Duty Champs, the biggest competitive CoD event of the year, Activision and Infinity Ward brought Call of Duty Next to the community’s attention. This one-of-a-kind event that will be broadcast on September 15 is set to tease the future of the Call of Duty franchise.
The event will include a full Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal, as well as new details concerning the Warzone 2 project and a mobile version of Warzone. With a ton of new information expected to shock the community, here’s what players are hoping to see most.
CharlieIntel took to Twitter to ask CoD players what they’re hoping to see from the highly-anticipated Call of Duty Next broadcast. While the details concerning Warzone 2 are shrouded in mystery, it’s safe to expect gameplay footage of Modern Warfare 2.
Keep in mind that Modern Warfare 2 is set to release on October 28, and with all eyes on Call of Duty Next, it’ll be a great opportunity to build some excitement. Some players in the replies had very specific expectations, while others wish to see more of the game’s technical aspects.
MW2 & Warzone 2 gun mechanism & gunsmith system
Gun mechanisms, loadouts, gunsmith, etc. pic.twitter.com/Ee9JR7hkVc— Warzone Loadout (@Warzone_Loadout) August 9, 2022
This is a great example of the technical side of Modern Warfare 2, and by expected association Warzone 2, that we’ve yet to fully discover. Gun mechanisms and how they feel while firing lay the groundwork for the game’s tone. Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay will likely be heavily influenced by how intuitive the guns feel in players’ hands.
Furthermore, the loadouts and the gunsmith feature are another vital technical aspect. While these aren’t the flashiest concerns, they go a long way in setting the foundation for a high-quality experience. After all, players love to customize and tweak aspects of the game when they’re not engaged in battle.
While we already have some major information about Modern Warfare 2’s gunsmith, including the ability to tweak certain attachment characteristics, hopefully, Call of Duty Next will provide even more insight.
Modern Warfare 2 Ranked Play
League play at launch— Sandy 🧚🏼♀ #BrickByBrick (@CallofSandy) August 9, 2022
While the gameplay is set to take center stage, it’s not beyond belief that Call of Duty Next could showcase various game modes. Perhaps the broadcast will mark the official reveal of the rumored DMZ mode.
However, fans of multiplayer will have their fingers crossed for something they’ve been wanting for what seems like ages: “League play at launch.”
Call of Duty fans looking for a top-tier competitive mode have been let down in recent years. Either they’ve had to wait months after release to receive a Ranked Play mode, or in the case of Modern Warfare, it came without Skill Divisions or an ELO system.
Classic Call of Duty weapons
This is the only right answer pic.twitter.com/RBuO5ovqRJ— FaZe Testy (@Testyment) August 9, 2022
FaZe Testy replying with an image of the iconic Intervention sniper gives us a specific weapon request. Surely, the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal is going to include gameplay footage. Of course, with gameplay footage comes the inevitable reveal of weapons.
It remains to be seen if classic Call of Duty weapons will feature in Modern Warfare 2, but players are surely going to lose their minds if the Intervention makes its way to the game. The Sniper is undoubtedly one of the most beloved weapons in Call of Duty history.
That just about wraps up some of the most intriguing hopes and wishes for the upcoming Call of Duty Next event. Don’t forget to tune into the broadcast on September 15 to find out if any of these desires come to fruition.
For more, check out how leaked Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer images seem to confirm that factions are back.
Image Credit: Activision
Call of Duty devs explain why they use weapon codenames in patch notes
In the Warzone patch notes the devs use codenames for weapons instead of their in-game name, and they have finally...
Best SMGs in Warzone: Every Season 4 Reloaded Submachine Gun ranked
An SMG is a vital tool in Warzone, so we've ranked every SMG in the game and highlighted the top...
Apex Legends players call for devs to make Firing Range change after Season 14 update
Apex Legends players are calling for the devs to fix the Firing Range after the Season 14 update changed the...