Treyarch has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The patch is live now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with release on PC to follow. The patch update is version 1.08 and is 14GB on PS4 and 22GB on Xbox One.
The new patch update brings Safeguard to Xbox One, which debuted on PS4 last week. In addition, many players are now once again able to access Theater Mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 following a glitch that caused the mode to be unavailable.
Treyarch has released the patch notes, providing a detailed look at what changed with today’s update, including gameplay improvements across modes and a preview of what’s coming next week.
Today’s 1.08 title update is all about gameplay and stability improvements across all three modes, as we set the stage for an even bigger update next week. Stay tuned for the intel on everything new coming soon to Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout.
In Multiplayer, we’ve implemented a round of stability updates for a smoother online experience, including fixes for crashes related to specific modes, Scorestreaks, and Specialists that could affect players at various points in MP matches. We’ve also adjusted Hardpoint spawns, tweaked the Care Package and Hellstorm Scorestreaks, updated CWL Custom Game rules, addressed various Challenge issues, and more. See below for the full patch notes for all the new details.
We’ve added a host of stability improvements in Zombies to prepare for next week’s big update, including new crash fixes specific to each map and additional fixes across the board. Stay tuned for more information on what’s in store for the Black Ops 4 Zombies experience starting next week.
For our Blackout players: prepare for big changes coming to the game starting next week. We’ve got an extensive set of features, events, and more surprises planned for the future of Blackout, and we’re excited to share more details on everything coming in our next update in a dedicated post later this week. In the meantime, we’ve added enemy Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon information to the player HUD and Killcams in today’s update, and we’re bringing the Zombies Origins Character Missions and the Blightfather event to our Xbox One and PC players tomorrow!
1.08 Update Patch Notes:
- Stability improvements
- Hardpoint Spawn adjustments
- Care Package and Hellstorm adjustments
- Player identity HUD updates
- Challenge fixes
- CWL Custom Game updates
- Misc. gameplay fixes
- Stability improvements across all maps
- Dark Ops Challenge adjustment
- Killcam and HUD identity updates
PS4 AND XBOX ONE
We’ve made the following updates to the game on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow tomorrow with PC-exclusive changes:
- Spawn adjustments made for Hardpoint.
- Added Calling Card and Emblem for killed enemies to the player HUD.
- Stability – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a UAV was active while another player was joining the match.
- When a player disconnected during a Hellstorm strike.
- When a Seeker attacked a player in certain situations.
- When Firebreak’s Reactor Core killed a player that was disconnecting.
- In Kill Confirmed when collecting the tag of a disconnected player.
- In Safeguard when the Robot was shut down in certain situations.
- During the Specialist Draft when another player disconnected.
- Care Package
- Improved Care Package landing physics.
- Addressed issues with the Care Package getting stuck and being flung off the map.
- Addressed an issue that would allow the Hellstorm to lock onto targets that were under roofs and not reachable by the missile.
- Care Package
- 100 Percenter
- 100 Percenter Calling Card now properly unlocks in the Calling Cards menu once earned.
- Bring the Pain
- Kills with the Dual Wield Saug 9mm now properly track toward this Challenge.
- Got Rocks
- Vehicle destructions now properly track toward this Challenge.
- 100 Percenter
- CWL Custom Games
- Sensor Dart is no longer restricted.
- Hellion Salvo launcher is no longer restricted.
- Torque is no longer restricted.
- Select Spawn is now disabled.
- Players will now spectate other players instead of their own death position in CWL Hardpoint.
- Stim Shot will now be fully charged on respawn.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s class could change mid-game if the Create-a-Class menu was not closed prior to spawning.
- Addressed an issue where Gestures would get stuck in a loop and could not be interrupted by the player.
- General – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- In multiple situations when a player disconnected from the game.
- Occasionally when calculating stats at the end of a round.
- When disconnecting the controller during the loading screen could lead to multiple “reconnect controller” messages.
- When using Deadshot Dealer.
- In rare instances when triggering Winter’s Wail.
- In rare instances when triggering alternative ammo type FX.
- In rare instances when hint text displayed in Rush.
- In rare instances when a Stoker died.
- In rare instances while disconnecting while downed.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while using the Viper and Dragon or Ragnarok DG-5.
- Voyage of Despair – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When the Blightfather used his tongue attack.
- While activating the Sentinel Artifact.
- While using fast travel.
- During the Wonder Weapon quest.
- Blood of the Dead – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- During the third step of the Main Quest.
- When a Hellhound died after falling too far outside the map.
- In rare instances while running the unfinished Magmagat across the map.
- In rare instances when a Hellhound was killed.
- Classified – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a player disconnected while interacting with the door to the room containing McNamara in the Main Offices.
- When triggering Nova Crawler spawn FX.
- When Nova Crawlers used the teleporter.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while teleporting.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Blightfather’s projectiles fired.
- General – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- Moved one of the Dark Ops Master Calling Cards to the correct tab.
- Added Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon for killed enemies to the player HUD.
- Added enemy Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon to Killcam.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Torque’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when an enemy was entangled in the Razor Wire.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Ajax’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when killing an enemy in certain situations.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Beta Dates announced
Activision has officially announced the dates for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Beta. The Open...
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...