A new patch update (version 1.08) for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The patch is around a 2GB update. Size may wary by platform.
Mission Team Ranks:
- Each Mission Team now goes up to Rank 100! Once you hit that level 50 rank, you’ll go on to chase after a Commander rank until you reach Mission Team Commander Rank 100!
- New ranks better rewards, so Commander Ranks will reward you MKII versions of Mission Team-only Prototype weapons once achieved. You can also craft more! Commander Ranks reward salvage every level you rank up as long as that level isn’t giving you a MKII Prototype reward.
- Leaderboards – Before 1/31
- Combat Record – Late February
- Emblem Editor – Late February
Featured Content and What’s New:
- 2XP and 2X Weapon XP in MP and Zombies until February 3rd (all platforms)
- Hyper Team Deathmatch until February 3rd: Payload charge rates are bumped to 7x their normal speed (all platforms)
- Call of Duty World League Personalization Pack
- Barracks now include a section for Medals
- Added ability for both splitscreen players to change their own Missions in the lobby before a match starts
- Safeguard against jitter mod exploits
- Defender: Fix for exploit that could occur if a player using Rewind spawns on a newly spawned Defender drone, allowing the player to carry their gun as they carry the drone
- Adjusted Taunt menu to wrap to the bottom of the list
- During the final killcam, the team emblem shown was the emblem of the user who died rather than the player who got the kill. This has been fixed.
- Hardcore Search and Destroy: Fix for “Friendly Fire is not Tolerated” displaying after every round for the remainder of the game
- Added ability to equip Calling Card and emblem after acquiring them from a Supply Drop
- Camo challenges involving Direct Impact kills with the Howitzer were not tracking. This has been fixed.
- Various updates to weapon camos
- Fix for players SPM not being calculated correctly in some instances
- Camo adjustment for the MK2 R3k not covering the right side of the weapon
- Allow players to skip Mission Team videos even if it’s their first time seeing them
- Fix for the KBS Harbinger reload animation playing twice while holding down both triggers
- Fixed an issue where the Jammer Grenade was not damaging scorestreaks correctly
- Fixed an error a player would receive when attempting to edit a class with the OSA
- Fix for an issue where players with akimbo weapons were immune to the Steel Dragon
- Fix for team colors not appearing the proper shade
- Added CWL specific game mode icons
- Fix for Cold Blooded not affecting Thermal Scope for Casters (Xbox)
- Adjusted the position of the gamemode icon so the Uplink image does not stretch
- Removing the required number of players for CWL matches
- Allow for multiple casters in the same lobby
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Estimated total number of players on PlayStation 4 for each Call of Duty title since 2013
Last week, Sony launched the PS4 My Life campaign which allows PlayStation 4 players to see some of their stats. Statistics include overall play-time, top 3 most-played games, rarest trophy, and more.
The rarest trophy statistic provides the exact number of players who earned said trophy. Using this data, Redditor /u/Kalinine has created a report on /r/CallofDuty estimating the total number of players each Call of Duty title since 2013 received on PlayStation 4.
It’s important to note that these are simply rough estimations – Activision has not confirmed these numbers.
Black Ops 4’s numbers will appear significantly low due to releasing only 2 months ago. The influx of players from Christmas also have yet to arrive.
In order of highest player count to lowest…
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 54.7M
- Call of Duty: WWII – 25.5M
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 21.3M
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – 18.4M
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 13.2M
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – 10.6M
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – 9.8M
Black Ops III’s player count is incredibly high, likely to it being available for free to all PlayStation Plus members from June 12th to July 11th, 2018.
While this is a rough idea of total player counts, there’s still many variables which contribute to its inaccuracy.
- It’s assumed that the numbers are global, however this cannot be confirmed.
- It’s not known whether these numbers are players who launched the titles or simply had them installed.
- According to Redditors, the numbers span only from November 20th to December 4th, 2018.
- The author of the report did not include Trophies with a percentage lower than 0.5% to reduce inaccuracy.
What are your thoughts on these numbers? While it may seem worrying to see Black Ops 4’s numbers low, it’s important to take into account all of the aforementioned points.
All Call of Duty titles on sale for Steam Winter and Xbox Countdown sales
The holidays are here! Steam and Xbox have launched their Winter and Countdown sales respectively. From the original Call of Duty up to Black Ops 4, plenty of Call of Duty titles are on sale on both platforms.
Steam’s Winter Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019 at 10AM PT. All prices are in US Dollar.
It’s important to note that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, is available exclusively on Battle.net for PC and thus is not included.
- Call of Duty – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive – $9.79 (-51%)
- Call of Duty 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $19.59 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $29.39 (-51%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $33.99 (-66%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – $44.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $29.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: WWII – $35.99 (-40%)
Xbox One / Xbox 360
Xbox’s Countdown Sale began December 20th, 2018 and ends January 3rd, 2019. All prices are in US Dollar. Xbox Live Gold members also receive up to an additional 10% off.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition – $40.00 (-60%) / $32.99 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Legacy Edition – $47.99 (-40%) / $39.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Launch Edition – $24.00 (-60%) / $19.79 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – $23.99 (-40%) / $19.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe – $59.99 (-40%) / $49.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: WWII Gold Edition – $35.99 (-40%) / $29.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Ops Pass – $47.49 (-5%) / $42.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe Enhanced – $123.49 (-5%) / $110.49 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Digital Deluxe – $94.99 (-5%) / $84.99 (-15%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – $44.99 (-25%) / $38.99 (-35%)
All of the following Xbox 360 titles are Backwards Compatible on Xbox One.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: World at War – $11.99 (-40%) / $9.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $16.99 (-15%) / $14.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – $17.99 (-40%) / $14.99 (-50%)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $14.99 (-15%) / $17.99 (-25%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Bundle (incl. Black Ops) – $21.49 (-57%) / $16.49 (-67%)
Do you plan to pick up any of the titles while they’re on-sale?
Call of Duty Cyber Monday – Receive 40% off WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items
Cyber Monday 2018 deals have gone live on the Call of Duty Shop website until Wednesday, November 28th, 2018.
COD40CM on the Call of Duty Shop website for up to 40% off on WWII, Zombies, Infinite Warfare, and Modern Warfare items (excluding select items).
Here are some of the Items which should be eligible for the promotion, check out all of them at shop.callofduty.com.
$159.95 ($95.97 with code)
$29.95 ($17.97 with code)
$21.95 ($13.17 with code)
At the time of writing it is unknown exactly how many items are applicable to this deal, be sure to verify during checkout.
Do you plan to take advantage of these deals? Let us know your thoughts.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
New Black Ops Cold War Zombies teasers found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...
Xfinity customers can get Black Ops Cold War Beta Codes
Xfinity has announced a partnership with Activision to provide Black Ops Cold War Early Access Beta codes for subscribers. Xfinity...