UPDATE – October 1: Following Day 2 and Day 3 of the PC Beta, Condrey has shared another update on Reddit in regards to what they are working on based upon PC beta feedback.
The team at SHG and Raven are currently looking at bringing the following updates to PC:
- Mouse performance
- Connection quality optimizations
- Playing with multiple monitors
- Better switching between the game and other apps
- Rendering performance tuning
- More keyboard bind options
- UI improvements
- FOV concerns
Alongside this, Condrey has shared a list of updates they are working on to bring to PC for the game’s launch:
- In War Mode, some buildable walls showing the gamertag of the person hiding behind them, giving away their position.
- Implementing an option to quit the game from the MP menu, rather than having to go to Settings – Main Menu – Exit
- Adding functionality to use numbers to set sensitivity, not just a slider
- Allowing hold on Shift key to keep sprinting
- Allowing hold and release Tab for the scoreboard
- Some weapon muzzle flashes may be too strong in 1st person view model perspective
Michael Condrey has posted an update on Reddit following Day 1 of the Call of Duty: WWII PC Beta.
Condrey has revealed some of the issues they are aware of following fan feedback from the PC version of the game:
- Some players mentioned having trouble accessing the game. Whether this was due to bad connections or blank loading screens, we are working hard to address these issues and improve them as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience!
- We’ve seen several mid-match crashes during playing that we are actively working to fix.
- We’ve identified some minor rendering issues and are actively working to fix these.
In addition, SHG and Raven will be rolling out some fixes to the PC version during the beta period:
- Infinite level loads and time-outs when using shader pre-caching and letter-boxing
- Crash fix on start-up for Windows 8.0
- Fixes to the behavior of the Resolution/Render Resolution/T2X Resolution advanced video options
- Fixes to the T2X Resolution setting not getting preserved after exiting the game
Alongside all of this, Condrey has stated that the PC version has weapon tuning updates following the feedback from the console beta. The tuning updates are all in testing, and SHG is asking for player feedback from the new weapon updates. This includes almost all SMGs being slightly nerfed.
- We reduced the damage per second and decreased falloff range across all SMGs.
- The STG44 Assault Rifle recoil was nerfed.
- Minor buff to the fire rate of the M1A1, 1911 and P-08.
Warzone devs ‘fast-tracking’ fix for weapon glitch
Infinity Ward has posted a tweet confirming the studio is fast tracking a fix for the weapon glitch occurring in Call of Duty: Warzone, especially on PC.
The glitch blows the weapon’s polygon out of proportion when rendering causing it to block the entire screen.
This issue started to happen with the Season 5 update last week and is continuing to cause issues for many PC players. Many of the largest PC creators have voiced their frustration over the issue.
In a tweet, the studio confirms they are working to get out a fix ASAP.
A release time frame for this fix is not confirmed at the time of this writing, so stay tuned for updates.
Call of Duty: WWII now available for free with PS Plus on PS4
As announced on May 25, Call of Duty: WWII is one of the free games for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 for the month of June.
Call of Duty: WWII is now available for download on the PlayStation 4 store and is listed as free as long as you have an active PlayStation Plus membership on your account. Once you download it, it is yours to keep forever, as along as you maintain an active PlayStation Plus subscription.
Visit the PlayStation Store HERE to download. Players are also receiving 1,100 Call of Duty Points by downloading Call of Duty: WWII.
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII – a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.
Call of Duty®: WWII creates the definitive World War II next generation experience across three different game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative. Featuring stunning visuals, the Campaign transports players to the European theater. Multiplayer marks a return to original, boots-on-the ground Call of Duty® gameplay. Authentic weapons and traditional run-and-gun action immerse you in a vast array of World War II–themed locations.
Call of Duty: WWII was first released in 2017 and developed by Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. The title was Call of Duty’s big venture back to its roots of WWII era since the original release.
Call of Duty: WWII features a full campaign experience, multiplayer experience with new modes like War mode and Headquarters social space, and the co-op Nazi Zombies experience.
The base game is included with PS Plus, and there’s four DLC packs for Call of Duty: WWII also available as an add-on purchase with additional MP maps, War mode maps, and Nazi Zombies experiences.
Call of Duty: WWII is available for FREE with PlayStation Plus from now through Tuesday, July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII will be FREE with PlayStation Plus on PS4 in June
PlayStation has announced that a Call of Duty game will be FREE with PlayStation Plus for PlayStation 4 players in June.
The company has announced that the 2017 release of Call of Duty: WWII will be one of the PlayStation Plus free games in June.
Players on PlayStation 4 who are PS Plus subscribers will be able to download and play Call of Duty: WWII for FREE starting Tuesday, May 26 from the PlayStation 4 store on their console.
Once you download it, you can own it permanently as long as you have an active PS+ membership. The offer to download this expires July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII first released on November 2017 and was Sledgehammer Games’ last Call of Duty game release. The title debuted as one of the best selling Call of Duty games on this generation, featuring a campaign taking players back to WWII-era, multiplayer with War mode and Headquarters social place, alongside Nazi Zombies.
Call of Duty: WWII is the third free Call of Duty title for PS Plus members in history. The first was Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in June 2018, followed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered in March 2019.
Pre-load Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 update on PS4
PlayStation is allowing users to pre-load Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6 patch update ahead of its upcoming launch. The...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
New Black Ops Cold War Zombies teasers found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...