The next major software release for the PlayStation 4 console, update 3.0, is now available worldwide for users to download. The new update introduces the ability to upload videos natively to Twitter (up to 10 seconds), live stream directly to YouTube (including to YouTube Gaming), and more.
Here’s the full feature lists, announced by Sony:
- Sharing video clips to Twitter: Now it’s easy to share video clips to Twitter directly from your PS4. You’ll see a new icon on the Upload Video Clip menu, nestled between Facebook and YouTube. Maximum video length is 10 seconds, though you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips. Don’t forget — you can double tap the Share button to start recording a video, and press it again to stop.
- PlayStation Plus: We’ve made a dedicated section for PlayStation Plus, which you can access by clicking the big Plus icon on the top right corner of your PS4 home screen. Once there you can easily manage your membership, see the monthly free games to download, deals for PS Plus members, and all of the games you’ve redeemed through PS Plus on PS4.
- YouTube live: You’ll see a new icon for YouTube on the Broadcast Gameplay Screen, accessible after hitting the Share button. Now you can live stream directly from your PS4 to YouTube. Livestreams will be viewable across YouTube.
- PNG Screenshots: If you’d like your game screenshots to be in a higher quality format, you can now select PNG instead of JPEG. To access, press Share > Share Settings > Screenshot Settings > Image Format.
- Events: A new hub for Events has been added to PS4, accessible from the home screen. This will give you an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, here’s an in-game racing event taking place in Project Cars, which you can register for directly from the Events hub.
- Improvements to Messages and Favorite Groups: We’ve improved Messages by making it easier to access groups of people you chat and play games with frequently. Once you’re added to or create a group, you’ll see the online status for friends, what games they are playing, and the option to message or chat in party all in one spot. When you add or create a new favorite group, they’ll appear in your Friends app under Favorite Groups for quick access. For example, you can see we have favorite groups for Call of Duty, Rocket League, and Destiny.
- Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres, and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players, and the ability to join parties / games.
- Stickers: From the PS4 system’s Messages app, you’ll see a new option for Stickers. The 3.00 update will contain stickers themed around Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Knack, LittleBigPlanet 3, Resogun, and more. Instead of typing out a message, just send a sticker — like Drake looking at a watch, asking you to wait a minute.”
SOURCE: PS Blog
How to get free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Discord Nitro
Discord Nitro members can get their hands on a free Xbox Game Pass subscription, and our quick guide will run you through the process.
Discord is running a hot promotion for its paid members as Discord Nitro users can get 2-months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free, and here’s how.
Since its release, Discord has become one of the most important social media platforms in the world. Offering a mix of instant messaging, business-related discussion, and a medium for gamers to unite and discuss current gaming affairs.
Users are also able to upgrade the services and features they get with Discord by paying a membership to become a ‘Discord Nitro’ subscriber. This gifts extra benefits such as better avatar control, more customization options, and better servers.
Now, as well as these cool Perks, Discord Nitro members can also get free Xbox games through 2-months free access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
- How Discord Nitro members can get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free
- How long is the free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer available for?
How Discord Nitro members can get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free
To get two months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free, Discord Nitro subscribers need to have not already redeemed the offer, have not become a Discord Nitro member for free through the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer, and obviously, need an Xbox.
Here’s the full step-by-step process to acquiring Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free:
- Log into your Discord account
- Head to your Gift Inventory
- Find the free code titled ‘Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (2 months)’
- Click on ‘See Code’
- Note down the 25-character code
- Now, head to your Xbox account to redeem the full code
- Enjoy two months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free and play some awesome games!
How long is the free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer valid for?
If you’ve been debating about signing up for Discord Nitro or just want to do one month to get the free period of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, then players have from October 26, 2021 to April 26, 2022 to claim the offer.
- Read More: How to get Call of Duty: Warzone Role Cards
That’s plenty of time to either let an existing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership expire or to simply weigh up the pros and cons of the offer. But it will give you access to some massive titles – including 343 Industries’ Halo Infinite.
Hopefully, everything went to plan and you’ve successfully claimed two months of Xbox games pass Ultimate to sit nicely alongside your existing Discord Nitro subscription!
For more cool gaming news and guides, check out the best FOV settings for Halo Infinite and also how to claim a free FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Twitch Prime Gaming pack.
Image Credit: Discord / Microsoft
How to play Hell Let Loose console Open Beta on PlayStation 5
Hell Let Loose, the highly-realistic WW2 FPS, will soon be coming to consoles. Here’s how to access the upcoming PlayStation 5 Open Beta.
Hell Let Loose, the realistic 50v50 World War 2 shooter, is soon coming to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S so here’s how to play the upcoming Open Beta.
Hell Let Loose instantly became popular amongst PC FPS fans for its hardcore gameplay, massive-scale 50v50 action, extremely realistic depiction of key World War II battles, and a strong emphasis on teamwork.
The Second World War action will soon be coming to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S and developers Black Matter have shared info on its upcoming console beta, so here’s everything you need to know.
How to play Hell Let Loose Open Beta on PlayStation: Time & date
With Hell Let Loose’s popularity on PC, console players have been desperately awaiting its arrival on Xbox and PlayStation. We’re one step closer to that being a reality with devs Black Matter announcing the Open Beta for PlayStation 5.
Following August’s closed Beta, it has now been confirmed that Hell Let Loose’s Open Beta will be from September 16 to September 20, 2021. It will begin at 3 AM PT / 6 AM ET / 11 AM BST.
As this is an Open Beta, you don’t need to register or get a code to play the game. Simply:
- Search for Hell Let Loose on the PlayStation Store (once the Open Beta goes live)
- Download Hell Let Loose’s Open Beta
- Launch the game from your downloads or library
When is the Xbox beta?
As the first console beta is only on PlayStation 5, Xbox fans are keen to learn when they’ll get early access to Hell Let Loose.
Xbox players will have to wait a while longer as they’re “taking it one beta at a time,” but confirmed that “As more things get locked in, we’ll share them with the community” on their Twitter account.
Keep an eye on Charlie INTEL for any updates on the Hell Let Loose Xbox beta.
Does Hell Let Loose have crossplay and cross-progression?
Hell Let Loose’s crossplay will be between Xbox Series and PlayStation 5 consoles only.
As for cross-progression, Black Matter confirmed Hell Let Loose won’t feature it as “the plan is to keep console and PC as entirely separate ecosystems.”
So, Xbox and PlayStation players will be able to queue into the same servers and squad up, but PC players will be playing their own separate version of the game.
Image Credit: Black Matter
When does GTA V release on PS5 & Xbox Series X?
GTA 5 will be releasing on the PS5 and Xbox Series X marking three generations of GTA V – here’s what we know about its release date so far.
We’ve known for months that GTA V is getting a PS5 and Xbox Series X remaster, and Rockstar Games has finally confirmed when exactly the next-gen editions will arrive.
Rockstar is continuing to deliver constant weekly updates to GTA Online, and there is plenty of anticipation among players about all the planned GTA V content that will be arriving soon.
A next-gen upgrade of the popular game will be arriving on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, and we now know what kind of changes to expect from it, including the official release date.
GTA V on PS5 & Xbox Series X|S release date
Rockstar Games finally gave us an update on Grand Theft Auto V’s remaster through a new trailer at the PlayStation Showcase 2021. We also got a closer look at what new features will be in the enhanced edition.
- Read More: When does GTA Remastered Trilogy release?
While it was initially thought the game would arrive on the PlayStation 5 on November 11, 2021, the trailer confirms that the actual release date is sometime during March 2022. We expect the same date applies to Xbox as well.
They have confirmed that the game will release with “new features and more,” which lines up with their previous statement that GTA V remastered won’t be a “simple port.”
While GTA V has been out for eight years, GTA Online remains insanely popular and continues to receive continuous support. The trailer confirms that the online multiplayer will also be releasing as a separate game in March 2022.
As previously announced by Rockstar, although GTA Online standalone will be available for both consoles, PlayStation 5 players will receive GTA Online standalone for free “during the first three months.”
Will my GTA Online data carry over?
Lots of players have invested lots of real cash to fund their GTA Online antics such as buying fast cars and properties, but will they get to continue this on next-gen?
Early leaks have suggested that players will be able to carry over their data and progress from GTA 5 on the PS4 and Xbox One. But given that there’s an opportunity for Rockstar to make more money, we’ll see if this remains the case.
Grand Theft Auto V Remastered trailer
The new trailer at PlayStation Showcase 2021 highlighted many of the new improvements that will be in the next-gen edition of GTA V. The changes included improved graphics and enhanced gameplay.
- Read more: How to get the GTA Online Prize Ride vehicle
Rockstar Games also seem to have updated the character switching feature so that the process is seamless. There will also be many other additions that have yet to be revealed.
For more GTA, stay tuned to Charlie INTEL, and check out how to make $600k in an hour with GTA Online Contract mission.
Image Credit: Rockstar Games