The next major software release for the PlayStation 4 console, update 3.0, is now available worldwide for users to download. The new update introduces the ability to upload videos natively to Twitter (up to 10 seconds), live stream directly to YouTube (including to YouTube Gaming), and more.
Here’s the full feature lists, announced by Sony:
- Sharing video clips to Twitter: Now it’s easy to share video clips to Twitter directly from your PS4. You’ll see a new icon on the Upload Video Clip menu, nestled between Facebook and YouTube. Maximum video length is 10 seconds, though you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips. Don’t forget — you can double tap the Share button to start recording a video, and press it again to stop.
- PlayStation Plus: We’ve made a dedicated section for PlayStation Plus, which you can access by clicking the big Plus icon on the top right corner of your PS4 home screen. Once there you can easily manage your membership, see the monthly free games to download, deals for PS Plus members, and all of the games you’ve redeemed through PS Plus on PS4.
- YouTube live: You’ll see a new icon for YouTube on the Broadcast Gameplay Screen, accessible after hitting the Share button. Now you can live stream directly from your PS4 to YouTube. Livestreams will be viewable across YouTube.
- PNG Screenshots: If you’d like your game screenshots to be in a higher quality format, you can now select PNG instead of JPEG. To access, press Share > Share Settings > Screenshot Settings > Image Format.
- Events: A new hub for Events has been added to PS4, accessible from the home screen. This will give you an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, here’s an in-game racing event taking place in Project Cars, which you can register for directly from the Events hub.
- Improvements to Messages and Favorite Groups: We’ve improved Messages by making it easier to access groups of people you chat and play games with frequently. Once you’re added to or create a group, you’ll see the online status for friends, what games they are playing, and the option to message or chat in party all in one spot. When you add or create a new favorite group, they’ll appear in your Friends app under Favorite Groups for quick access. For example, you can see we have favorite groups for Call of Duty, Rocket League, and Destiny.
- Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres, and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players, and the ability to join parties / games.
- Stickers: From the PS4 system’s Messages app, you’ll see a new option for Stickers. The 3.00 update will contain stickers themed around Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Knack, LittleBigPlanet 3, Resogun, and more. Instead of typing out a message, just send a sticker — like Drake looking at a watch, asking you to wait a minute.”
SOURCE: PS Blog
How to fix Black Ops Cold War Xbox Series X crash issue
Many Xbox Series X players continue to experience crashes with Black Ops Cold War MP. The game crashes when matches are about to begin, amongst other things.
Now, many users on the Xbox Series X subreddit have identified a potential way to avoid the crash issues in matches.
Treyarch has confirmed that they’re actively investigating all crash related issues across all platforms, but have not provided a timetable for more specific fixes overall for the Xbox issue.
On Reddit, users have found a way to avoid the game from crashing while entering a MP match. Here’s the fix, which is reported to work 100% time. Note: this fix is apparently working for both Ray Tracing enabled and disabled settings.
When a MP match starts up, if you notice frame rate drops (operator is jittering, or other things look off), or if the controller vibration is not working immediately, then press and hold the Xbox button until the “Turn off Console” option shows up. And then just press B to back out of that menu.
This fixes the crashes issues and will prevent the game from crashing. Users on Reddit report this works 100% of the time for them.
“I noticed this aswell everytime my game crashes but when i press the xbox button frames and vibrations are back to normal and no more crashes.”
We’ll update as we learn more from Treyarch on a more permanent fix for these issues.
How to download Black Ops 3 for free on PS5
Get Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 5.
The PlayStation Plus Collection for PlayStation 5 is now available for those with the console.
This new feature is a free addition to all PlayStation Plus subscribers who get a PlayStation 5. It allows PS5 players to experience a collection of games from the PS4 generation, immediately at launch for no additional charge.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – Zombies Chronicles Edition is included with the PlayStation Plus Collection.
The Black Ops III Zombies Chronicle Edition includes:
Call of Duty®: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Edition includes the full base game and the Zombies Chronicles content expansion.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III combines three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.
All games as part of the PlayStation Plus Collection will be available to play immediately on your PS5 console, as long as you have an active PS+ membership.
How to Download on your PS5
- Navigate to the PS Plus tile at the top
- Click on PlayStation Plus Collection tile
- Scroll down to “Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles Edition”
- Hit “Add to Library”
The game file is 56.7GB needed to play.
The game is yours to own so long as you are an active PlayStation Plus Subscriber.
Fix for Black Ops Cold War PS5 hitching issues coming – UPDATE
Treyarch has confirmed they are aware of the issues in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on the PS5 version since the newest update.
UPDATE – Dec 26 at 1:20PM ET: Treyarch has released a new patch update, version 1.009, for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on the PlayStation 5 which appears to fix this hitching issue. More information is available here.
PlayStation 5 players have been reporting issues with the game hitching and drop frames while playing multiplayer mode.
In their blog post and Trello board, the studio has confirmed they are actively investigating issues with hitching on the PlayStation 5 consoles.
Lastly, we’re aware of an issue with occasional hitching on PlayStation 5 since this update went live, and a fix is currently scheduled to release as soon as possible.
The studio also added in a new Trello card to confirm the issue is being actively investigated and a fix is being worked on.
The studio confirms they want to release the fix “as soon as possible” but an exact time frame has not been given yet.
This issues seems to affect PlayStation 5 players in MP only. Zombies players are not showcasing any hitching drops to the extent of which MP is.
A temporary fix for the hitching issues is to launch the PS4 version of the game. To do this, on the console’s home screen, hover over the game, press the three dots, and select the PS4 | Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War option. Loading this up is not the next-gen version, but does provide a temporary fix till an update is available.