PlayStation has unveiled a brand new VR system, sharing details about the specs, controller design, and more.
The last two years have been massive for PlayStation, not only releasing a variety of extremely successful games such as Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, and Deathloop but also because it released its next generation of consoles with the PS5.
Now consumers have had over a year to sit with the PS5, if you were lucky enough to get one, it’s time for an update for PlayStation’s VR system.
PlayStation VR2 release date
The PlayStation VR2 is Sony’s second virtual reality system that was recently revealed at CES 2022. Following the reveal, they also posted a blog with all the details, including the specs and controller design.
There is no official information regarding a release date, but we do have some potential leaks that suggest a rough estimate.
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, a famous Taiwanese Apple analyst from TF International Securities, we could be seeing the PSVR2 as early as Q2 of 2022. Of course, this is just a leak and a prediction from someone in the industry with reliable contacts, so take it with a grain of salt.
The PlayStation VR2 is set to bring the “next generation of VR gaming on the PS5.” This of course suggests that it will only be compatible with the PS5, so for those still on the PS4 looking to upgrade their VR system, you may want to invest in the next-generation console.
PS VR2 Sense Controller
The new system also comes with new PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers. These look to be a massive upgrade from the PlayStation Move controllers, with an updated design similar to that of the Oculus VR systems.
These controllers will feature the haptic feedback vibration and adaptive trigger technology used in the PS5 Dual Sense controllers. There is also finger touch detection, which allows the controller to “detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.”
PlayStation VR2 specs
One of the biggest appeals that the new PlayStation VR2 will offer players is higher specs and a “single cord set-up.”
The following table shows off the specs for the PlayStation VR2 system, taken from the official reveal blog.
|Panel resolution||2000 x 2040 per eye|
|Panel refresh rate||90Hz, 120Hz|
|Field of View||Approx. 110 degrees|
|Sensors||Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)|
Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
|Cameras||4 cameras for headset and controller trackingIR camera for eye tracking per eye|
|Feedback||Vibration on headset|
|Communication with PS5||USB Type-C®|
|Audio||Input: Built-in microphoneOutput: Stereo headphone jack|
Well, there you have it, that’s all the current information we have on the PlayStation VR2.
For more, make sure you stay tuned to CharlieINTEL as we will be updating this article as new information is announced.
Image Credits: PlayStation
Is Sniper Elite 5 on Xbox Game Pass?
Rebellion Developments’ tactical shooter Sniper Elite 5 is now available to play, but is the game on Xbox Game Pass?
Xbox Game Pass is Microsoft’s subscription service that offers a massive library of games to play, and you may be wondering if Sniper Elite 5 is available after its May 26 release.
Sniper Elite 5 is the follow-up to 2017’s critically acclaimed Sniper Elite 4 and players are eager to see the result of Rebellion Developments’ hard work. The third-person shooter boasts an excellent campaign that can be played cooperatively with another player, alongside other exciting modes that keep the game feeling fresh.
Sniper Release 5 is available to play as of May 26, but players are wondering if the new game can be found on Xbox Game Pass.
Is Sniper Elite 5 on Xbox Game Pass?
Sniper Elite 5 is available on Xbox Game Pass. Those with the Microsoft subscription service can enjoy the brand-new title for free thanks to the library of games offered to subscribers.
- Read more: Will Battlefield 2042 be on Xbox Game Pass?
Xbox Game Pass subscribers on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC can take control of Karl Fairburne as he attempts to thwart evil WW2 plots. Early indications suggest that this iteration of the franchise is a game you won’t want to miss and with Xbox Game Pass, it is as accessible as ever.
How to play Sniper Elite 5 with Xbox Game Pass
You can give Sniper Elite 5 a try by downloading it from the Xbox Game Pass library. Not only is Sniper Elite 5 available on Xbox Game Pass, but it is available for download as of day one of release on May 26.
- Read more: Is FIFA 22 coming to Xbox Game Pass?
If you’ve never played a Sniper Elite game, Xbox Game Pass offers the perfect opportunity to test out the franchise for free. Simply download the game and find out if it’s to your liking.
For more Xbox news, check out if Call of Duty games will be added to Xbox Game Pass?
Image Credits: Rebellion Developments / Microsoft
Warzone devs confirm 120Hz returns to Xbox Series consoles soon
Xbox Series consoles can no longer run Warzone at 120FPS, but Raven Software have confirmed the fix is coming very soon.
Xbox Series consoles haven’t supported 120FPS on Warzone since December, locking the game at 60FPS. Players have been desperate for it to return, and Raven Software have confirmed that 120Hz is coming back very soon.
While Warzone Pacific brought a brand-new map and has continued to bring a number of major quality of life updates, console players have been suffering from stuttering and textures failing to load. While PlayStation 5 players can enjoy the game at 120FPS, Xbox Series players lost the ability with the Season 1 update and have been stuck playing at 60FPS ever since.
In a pre-Warzone Season 3 interview with CharlieIntel, Raven Software’s Senior Creative Director Ted Timmins reaffirmed that they “absolutely want” to bring 120 FPS back to Xbox Series consoles, and have now confirmed that it’s coming back very soon.
When is 120FPS coming back to Warzone on Xbox Series X?
Raven Software announced on May 20 that 120Hz will be returning to Xbox Series X|S consoles with the Season 3 Reloaded update, which is set for Wednesday, May 25.
Raven’s Ted Timmins confirmed they were aware on December 12 and were looking into the issue, but when speaking to us ahead of Warzone Pacific Season 3, they said it’s a “very complex” issue that’s “still being investigated.”
It appears this issue has now been resolved, with the devs confirming that it will arrive with Season 3 Reloaded which they hope “will make for an even more enjoyable experience in Caldera!”
In the same interview, Timmins also confirmed that the team is “working as hard as they can” to resolve other console performance issues. While things are looking positive, they are grateful to see the videos and screenshots that the community sends in.
Image Credit: Activision / Microsoft
PlayStation Plus games lineup: All PS Plus Extra & Premium titles
Sony have revealed the lineup of games that will be available with the new and improved version of PlayStation Plus.
The PlayStation Plus subscription service will undergo various changes, and here’s a list of PS Plus games you can expect to have access to following the overhaul.
Throughout the months of May and June, Sony will be rolling out a revamped version of PlayStation Plus. The core concept for the service will remain unchanged but Sony are introducing subscription tiers to PS Plus.
This means the massive catalog of games available to PS Plus subscribers will depend on which of the three options you select. We’ll go through the different tier options below, and detail all the PS Plus games that will be available at launch.
PlayStation Plus changes & tiers explained
PlayStation Plus has always offered an all-encompassing service to those who subscribe. That’s all going to change as players will soon have the chance to choose between three different tiers. Essentially, you’ll be able to choose the tier that best suits your needs.
PlayStation Plus Essential is the lowest tier on offer and it is the option that is comparable to the current service. If you’re happy with your current PS Plus subscription and are not interested in new features, Essential is the way to go.
If you’re looking for more content like a massive library of games, then you’ll want to look into the Extra and Premium tiers. Extra will grant you access to a catalog of PS4 and PS5 games, while Premium will also add PS3, PS2, PSP, and PlayStation libraries to the mix.
To find out which tier is right for you and how much each tier costs per month you can visit the PlayStation blog that details the changes coming to PS Plus in the summer of 2022.
All PS Plus games list: Premium & Extra catalog
While the focus is definitely on PlayStation games whose studios are affiliated with Sony like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Uncharted, you’ll also be pleasantly surprised to see third-party titles available via PS Plus.
Games like Mortal Kombat 11, NBA 2K22, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are not out of reach for players who opt for PlayStation Plus’ Extra or Premium tiers. You’ll be able to access this incredible library of games seen below for a monthly fee.
PlayStation Plus Premium Games
- Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation
PlayStation Studios (remasters)
- Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- FantaVision | SIE, PS4
- Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
- Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
- Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
- Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4
Third Party Partners (remasters)
- Baja: Edge of Control HD | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Lego Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4
PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium Games
While the Sony blog wasn’t clear on the fact, it seems that games with asterisks beside their names will only be available to PlayStation Premium members, which is the highest tier available. We’ll update this section with official confirmation once we know more about the situation.
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4
While these are the titles expected to be available when the new version of PlayStation Plus launches, don’t be surprised to see this extensive catalog updated with brand-new games as months go by.
Keep an eye out for the new iteration of PS Plus to launch on June 13 in NA, and June 23 in Europe.
For more gaming news, check out how Elden Ring dethroned Vanguard as the best-selling game of the last year.
Image Credits: Ubisoft / Sony / Insomniac Games / Rockstar Games / Santa Monica Studio / WB Games / Sucker Punch / Kojima Productions / Housemarque
JGOD reveals Warzone’s best long-range weapons after Season 4 update
Warzone specialist JGOD has revealed his best long-range weapon picks following the Season 4 update that affected the meta.
FIFA 22 FUTTIES: Release date, promo explained, & player leaks
According to FIFA 22 leaks, the FUTTIES promo will be making its way to Ultimate Team shortly along with some...
Leaked Modern Warfare 2 DMZ mode: Tarkov-inspired gameplay, map, more
CoD leakers claim a third 'DMZ' mode will arrive as part of Modern Warfare 2, so here's everything we know...