PlayStation 4 players can now start to pre-load the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Gunfight Open Alpha on the PlayStation 4 Store.
The Gunfight 2v2 Open Alpha will be available to play starting at 10AM PT / 1PM ET on Friday, August 23, but players can get the download file installed on their PS4 consoles to be ready to play at the start time.
There is no code required; no pre-order required; no PlayStation Plus required. All you need is a PlayStation 4 console and an internet connection. The file is 36GB.
Here’s how to pre-download the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha on PS4 Console Store:
- Select Store from the PlayStation 4 homescreen.
- Search for Modern Warfare and select the 2v2 Alpha tile from the results.
- Select Download to download and install the 2v2 Alpha.
Here’s how to pre-download the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha on PS4 Online Store:
- Click the PlayStation Store link here.
- Select “Add to Cart.”
- In cart, confirm the purchase.
- Add the item to the download menu. If you’ve PS4 is in rest mode, the download will begin remotely if you’re not near your console.
Activision Support says in an article that to start off the 2v2 Alpha weekend, three maps will be available to play from, including King, Pine, and Docks. Additional two maps (Speedball and Stack) will be available throughout the weekend.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Gunfight Open Alpha is exclusive to PS4 and will run from August 23 at 10AM PT and end on August 25. A specific end time for this has not been announced.
Stay tuned for the latest on what’s happening with the Open Alpha.