Shield part locations, Silver Bullet tutorial, Pack-a-Punch activation, and more for Dead of the Night.
With every new Zombies map comes a whole array of new part locations and steps to learn. Avoid getting lost on Dead of the Night with these quick and easy guides covering everything thing you need to know!
- Chair in East Hallway.
- Left of doorway near pillar in Dining Room.
- Dining Room on shelf left of staircase.
- Top of table in Study.
- Couch in Library.
- Broken shelf in Library.
- Left of Saug wall-buy on East Balcony.
- Grand Staircase leaning on pillar.
- West Balcony near RK7 wall-buy.
After all three parts are picked up, head to the Smoking Room to craft the shield.
For a visual guide, check out this video by Yotuber ‘Glitch‘
Silver bullets increase damage to Vampires and cause other parts, such as Chaos Material, to drop from Werewolves. They also make it much easier to quickly buy ammo for your gun.
To get started you need to find three metal objects. Read below for possible locations for them to spawn.
- Dining Room table in corner.
- Dining Room red table opposite of clock.
- Left of sofa on ground in Library.
- On table with Stone in Wine Cellar.
- Wall opposite of table in Wine Cellar, right of entrance.
- On the right side of the wall closest to the table in Wine Cellar.
- Left table opposite of Sentinel Artifact in Entrance Hall.
- Left of entrance to Smoking Room from Billiards Room.
- Right of vampire drawing in Wine Cellar.
After you have all three silver pieces, melt them down at the work bench in the Wine Cellar.
Then, you must find three parts to build the gun powder.
- Behind tree near Cemetery and Mausoleum staircase.
- Statue on right-side of Cemetery near Mausoleum and Perk Machine staircase.
- Path near Mausoleum staircase, right-corner after taking a left.
- Fire Place in Billiards Room.
- Fire Place in Master Bedroom.
- Fire Place in Main Hall.
- Left of Greenhouse Laboratory entrance.
- Right of Greenhouse Laboratory entrance.
- Upper-left of Greenhouse Laboratory on table.
Once you have the melted Silver and all three parts for the Gun Powder, head to the Library to build Silver Bullets.
For a visual guide to all of this, watch this short video from Youtuber Glitch below:
Dead of the Night features one of the trickiest Pack-a-Punch activation methods in Black Ops 4. Like always, make sure you have the Sentinel Artifact activated. This can be found at the top of the Grand Staircase.
Once this is done, you’ll have to find three destructible vases around the map, melee them, then kill four zombies near it. There locations are as follows:
- Master Bedroom – Foot of bed on dresser.
- Study – Table between two chairs.
- Library – Desk right of statue.
- Wine Cellar – Small table in center of room.
- Wine Cellar – Wooden crate with candles.
- Trophy Room – Table in front of fireplace.
- Bedroom Hallway – Table in front of couch.
After the stones are charged, activate them to Gaze into the stone. An object will be revealed and you must then find the corresponding object and complete the required challenge. After completing each challenge, you will receive a Tuning Fork. Complete three challenges to receive three Tuning Forks.
Here are all the objects you can Gaze into and their corresponding challenges:
- Perk Machines can spawn in four of five locations (Mausoleum, Gardens, Forest, Grand Staircase, and Wine Cellar)
- Kill all Vampires that spawn, the last of which will drop a Tuning Fork.
- Find the corresponding painting, activate it, and follow the ghost. There are four possible paintings, and their locations are as follows:
- Scared Girl Painting(East Gallery)
- Women and Old Man (Smoking Room)
- Girl with scratch marks (Music Room)
- Sad Girl (Tea Room)
- The Clock needed for this challenge can be in one of three locations. Billiards Room, Main Hall, or Dining Room.
- After activating the clock, all you need to do is stay in the circle until the countdown is complete. Killing zombies is unnecessary.
- Activating the Doll in the Entrance Hall on a table to the left of the Danu Perk spawns a ghost which you must follow to a Grave where she reveals a Tuning Fork.
- Activate the Noose located in Wine Cellar on the back of a chair, to the right of the perk, to spawn a Ghost
- Follow the Ghost until it breaks a wall, revealing a Tuning Fork.
- Activate the Scroll located in the Study area on the left side bookshelf past the first debris you clear.
- This spawns a ghost which you follow the to a Safe hidden behind a Painting, revealing a Tuning Fork.
With all three Tuning Forks, head out the front door of the Mansion to the Forrest Terrace and place the forks in the obstructing tree. In the back of the Forest you will find Pack-a-Punch.
For a quick visual on all of this, check out this video by Glitch
Free Alistair’s Folly Wonder Weapon
This maps wonder weapon, the Alistair’s Folly, can be obtained either through the mystery box or by entering a code in the Library. Here are the code locations if you aren’t lucky enough to get it through the box.
- Cemetery – Gravestone behind tree.
- Cemetery – Pillar right of staircase to Mausoleum.
- Mausoleum – Top of crypt on right-side.
- Mausoleum – Base of lion grave.
- Greenhouse Terrace – Outside of gate on left pillar.
- Gardens – Inside gazebo left of doorway.
- Gardens – Outside of gate right of Perk Machine.
- Gardens – Left of bench outside of gate left of Perk Machine.
- Forest Terrace – Wall left of Bowie Knife wall-buy.
- Forest Terrace – Outside of left gate on left.
- Forest Terrace – Outside of right gate in middle.
- Forest Terrace – Right of window right of GKS wall-buy.
- Master Bedroom – Right of fire place.
- East Gallery – Above table between two chairs.
- Wine Cellar – Bottom of wooden barrel outside barrier.
- Dining Room – Above painting behind bar.
Once all dials are set to the correct symbol, make sure to hold square to enter the code above the dials themselves.
For a better look at where exactly these symbols can be found, check out Glitch’s video below:
Chaos Theory Upgrade
The Chaos Theory is an upgraded variant of Alistair’s Folly which features a charge-shot with a area-of-effect damage.
- Obtain the Werewolf Chaos Material by killing a Werewolf using Silver Bullets.
- Navigate to the Greenhouse Laboratory, activate the machinery to Craft the Prima Materia. Obtain the Prima Materia on the left side of the machinery.
- Obtain Alistair’s Folly and the Ballistic Shield. Locate the bookshelf to the back-left of Alistair’s Folly in the Library, melee using the Ballistic Shield to reveal a hidden room. Obtain the blue part from the podium.
- Navigate to the Buildable Table in the Greenhouse Laboratory, craft and obtain the Chaos Theory.
Once again, here is Glitch’s quick and easy video guide on this upgrade:
Alistair’s Annihilator Upgrade
Alistair’s Annihilator is an upgraded variant of Alistair’s Folly which features a scope and a charge-shot with a shrinking effect.
- Kill vampires with the Chaos Theory to fill the bile jar.
- Go to Mausoleum and interact with the red coffin and kill the Vampire that jumps out, he will drop a part.
- In the Mausoleum shoot the lamps that are a bit orange and kill the bat that flies out of the final one, he will drop a part.
- Go to the forest. Dirt piles are spread around the forest. Charge shoot zombies with the green Chaos Theory shot near those dirt piles. The zombies will dig up the piles and one of them contains the final part.
- Navigate to the Greenhouse Laboratory, activate the machinery to Craft the Prima Materia. Obtain the Prima Materia on the left side of the machinery.
- Navigate to the Buildable Table in the Greenhouse Laboratory, craft and obtain the Alistair’s Annihilator.
- Find 6 candles around the map and knife them. If done correctly, the candle should stop burning. Locations:
- East Hallway
- Music Room
- East Gallery
- Master Bedroom
- Wine Cellar
- Make your way to the forest. There is a tombstone to the right of Pack-a-Punch. Interact with the tombstone and you will enter a timed bloodrush state. Each player in the lobby can get this once per round, multiple Bloodrush states are needed to escort the ghost lady. Now you need to search around the map for a ghost lady (one possible location is Dining Room behind the table; another possible spawn location is the Music Room). She will make her way to the Mausoleum.
- Now you need to collect four pieces of jewelry (a watch, a necklace, an ear ring, and a finger ring). These pieces will be dropped from blue zombies that the ghost lady summons. This step is still a bit tricky as it is taking a lot of time before an item is being dropped.
- After you found the parts, four squares will be on the ground. Interact with these squares and it should turn blue. There will also be a white circle on the ground after completing this step.
- Now kill zombies near/on the squares (the ghost lady will talk to you if you do this correctly). When you kill enough zombies a sound will be played.
- Make your way to the Cemetery and you will be able to enter a hidden room using the staircase. You will find the Savage Impaler on the bottom of the staircase.
More guides will be added to this post as they are found, so make sure to bookmark this page for the latest on Dead of the Night!
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Apex Legends Season 10 Emergence trailer hints at secret Seer ability
Apex Legends latest trailer for Season 10 may have revealed a secret ability, which adds another dimension to the game's...
When does CoD: Mobile Season 6 start? The Heat update release time
Season 6 of CoD: Mobile has been revealed, and we have the release time for The Heat update covered for...
When did Fortnite Battle Royale come out? Release date
Fortnite Battle Royale has been out for some time, but players continue to ask when did Fortnite come out, so...