The second season of Rainbow Six Siege Year 6 will be releasing soon, so here’s everything we know about Operation North Star, including its release date, the new Operator, their gadgets, and changes to the Favela map.
Rainbow Six Siege has been going strong for over six years now, and it doesn’t appear to be slowing down. With the latest Season comes the game’s 60th unique Operator, and the Apocalypse event has only just concluded.
The first season of Year Six will soon be wrapping up, so fans are looking forward to Season 2, Operation North Star. Not only does it bring a new Operator for the Defending side, but there’s also a plethora of quality of life improvements.
Here’s everything we know about the new season, including its release date, new Operator, patch notes, and how you can try out all of the new content early.
Rainbow Six Siege North Star release date
The first season of Rainbow Six Siege Year 6, Crimson Heist, has almost concluded. This will make way for Y6S2 with the new Operation North Star.
North Star officially launches on Monday, June 14, but PC players can give the new content a try early through the test servers on May 25.
If you own Rainbow Six Siege for PC, you can download the test servers for free and try out and test the majority of the new features that will be coming with North Star. But bear in mind that while most of the features will be polished and ready to go for the new season, some may be experimental and not work as intended.
An update for the test servers went line on June 4, 2021, and they applied some fixes for various issues affecting the test servers. You can find the patch notes for the June 4 update below:
- FIXED – Bulletproof camera’s view is obscured when deployed on a server in 1F Server Room on Border map.
- FIXED – Floors covered by fallen doors on Favela map are difficult to destroy with melee attacks and Maverick’s Breaching Torch.
- FIXED – When a player selects another player in the scoreboard, the reporting function doesn’t appear.
New Thunderbird Operator & gadget
Along with Operation North Star comes new Defending Operator, Thunderbird.
A Canadian Operator, Thunderbird is “a speedy Defender who offers strong support to her teammates with her Kóna Stations.” These are deployable devices that shoot out a boost of healing to nearby Operators, either topping up allies’ health or “overhealing full-health players.”
Also if you’re down but not out, making your way to a Kóna Station will also be able to revive you. But beware, attackers can easily shoot out the Kóna Stations but can also steal heals from them if they can get close enough.
Thunderbird’s choice of weapon and equipment are as follows:
- SPAS-15 Shotgun
- Spear .308 Assault Rifle (NATO sights)
- Q-292 Pistol
- Bearing-9 Machine Pistol
- Nitro Cell
- Impact Grenades
She’ll be available straight away for owners of the Battle Pass, and can be purchased three weeks later, on July 5, with Renown or R6 Credits.
The official story trailer for the new Rainbow Six Siege: North Star Operator was revealed to the community in the E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward event which you can find below:
Favela map changes
Ubisoft has confirmed that they will be overhauling Favela as part of North Star. This map’s thin walls and convoluted floor plan typically gave the Attackers the advantage but with these updates, Favela should be a more balanced experience.
The map will be shifting to nighttime and fireworks will fill the sky, but developers have also reworked the central buildings. The outer walls are now indestructible, stopping Defenders from getting frustratingly wall-banged at the start of the round.
They’ve removed the ground-floor stairwell entry, meaning that Attackers will need to now enter “through the two rooftop stairwell entries or the various windows and doors,” for more close-quarters fights. Plus, the interior is also now “much more navigable and interconnected,” allowing for more clever destruction-based plays.
The overhauled Favela will be free to all players when North Star launches.
North Star patch notes
Ubisoft also revealed the upcoming changes to gameplay and Operators as part of North Star. For the list of bug fixes, you can check out Ubisoft’s full list.
- Reduced number of Breach Rounds from 3 to 2.
- Increased R4-C vertical recoil. Horizontal spread will be more constant and stronger to the right, and long burst recoil will start on the 8th bullet instead of the 12th.
- HP is now permanently granted, similar to HP granted by Doc’s Stim Pistol.
- When Melusi’s Banshee Sonic Defense is active, the core becomes vulnerable to bullets and melee attacks.
- The device now detects enemies’ feet.
- The deploy and equip interactions for Rook have been merged, so he now drops the Armor Pack and applies his own armor in the same movement.
- Valkyrie now has primary control over her Black Eye cameras, so she will take control over the cameras if another player is trying to use them at the same time (similar to Zero and Echo).
- Increased vertical recoil. Horizontal spread will be more constant and stronger to the the right. Long burst recoil will start on the 6th bullet instead of the 12th.
- The ARGUS Camera now uses the same resource management system as the Shock Drone. A shot is recharged every 15 seconds. The device has infinite ammunition and only 1 shot can be stacked.
- BEARING 9
- Horizontal spread is now more constant instead of randomly moving to the left or right, and the next shot is closer to the center.
- First shot kick has been reduced and vertical recoil has been reduced. Horizontal spread will be more predictable and constant to the left, and long burst recoil will start on the 12th bullet instead of the 6th.
Tweaks and improvements
- The propagation system in Smoke’s Remote Gas Grenade has been reworked to prevent the toxic gas from traveling through walls, floors, and ceilings.
- A new sound plays when the canister is detonated.
- Operators hit by the cloud will receive 15 HP of damage every 0.66 seconds until they leave the area of effect.
Shattered Glass Interactions
- Players are now able to use a melee hit to shatter the glass of Mira’s Black Mirror, Maestro’s Evil Eye, and the Bulletproof Camera. Shattered glass is opaque and prevents the devices from being used to spot opponents.
- When Mira’s Black Mirror is shattered, vision is denied on both sides. When the canister is destroyed, the device now shatters and explodes instead of falling to the floor.
- When Maestro’s Evil Eye is shattered, he has to open the device to see through it.
- The Bulletproof Camera is now melee-proof from the front, but a single melee hit will shatter the glass. Area of Effect Rationalization
- Area of effect feedback for Kaid’s Rtila Electroclaws and Nomad’s Airjabs has been updated to better represent their behavior.
- Area of effect feedback has been added to Ela’s GRZMOT Mines and Jäger’s Active Defenses to help players better understand their range.
- Auto pick up for the defuser has been removed.
- The pickup action is now manual like it is for other devices, but there is no animation and the prompt appears when the player is in range (they don’t need to look at the defuser).
- Added key binding for drop interaction. Font Updates
- Updated Arabic and Korean fonts to distinguish between title and body text.
- Added a distinction between titles and other text for the Thai localization.
Interface Preferences Update
- Options to hide the names of teammates and opponents have been added to the Interface preferences in the Options menu. This allows players to have a cleaner interface, especially for the purpose of recording content.
- The Details & Statistics page in the Operators section has been removed. Players can now view stats through Ubisoft Connect (in the in-game overlay and on the website)
- The new scoreboard aims to provide more information to newcomers about match format and evolution.
- Round history has been added to the scoreboard. New icons represent the status of each round as well as the position of match points and Attacker/Defender role swaps. Banned Operators are also displayed for Ranked and Unranked matches.
- Round history will be shown in the scoreboard for all PVP playlists and game modes. It supports matches of any length, including the infinite overtime used in some competitive tournaments.
Match Replay Improvements
- Reduced file size of replays.
- Changed the way matches are recorded and removed playback snapshots for rewind.
- Modified the method used to record the UI during a match to improve the stability of Match Replay.
- Added motion interpolation to make the animation smoother and more fluid.
- When using F10 on the screen, shortcut keys used for match replays are shown.
- Enabled Match Replay for tournaments.
- UX improvements for the control bar.
- The Match ID and REPLAY BETA label are now visible on the screen that presents the game mode and on the screen that shows the round number.
- Support for Observation Tools (Caster HUD).
- Support for Scoreboard 2.0.
Player Cards – Observation Tools
- Added feedback in player cards to show when an Operator is using Observation Tools. This info will be shown in the Caster HUD. It will also be displayed for eliminated Operators when they spectate one of their teammates. It aims to help players understand their team’s synergy and how they can help one another.
Abandon Penalties Update
- Penalties are now 60 minutes, 2 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours depending on the level of escalation.
- Cooldown for Abandon Penalties has increased to 7 days (was previously 48 hours).
- Renown Penalties now have the same duration as matchmaking restrictions.
- This update only affects Ranked and Unranked.
Bullet Holes Exploit
- Line of sight through bullet holes in soft surfaces has been blocked.
Eliminated Operator Icons
- The bodies of eliminated Operators have been replaced with transparent icons.
Flash Hider and Compensator Rework
- Changed how the compensator works. It will now be more efficient at mitigating left and right recoil.
- Flash hider now only affects the ‘up’ speed, making the gun climb slower.
Squad MMR Restriction for Placement Matches
- From now on, the Squad MMR restriction will apply to placement matches, even if Squad members have never been ranked.
- The Squad MMR restriction is currently 700 MMR.
- This season’s reworked map is Favela.
- Ranked/Unranked Playlists: Favela is not featured in the map pools for Ranked or Unranked, so those playlists will remain unchanged.
- Newcomer Playlist: Favela replaces Coastline in the Newcomer map pool. The bomb sites are Coin Farm/Storage and Coin Farm/Bunks.
And that’s everything we know about Season 2 of Rainbow Six Siege’s sixth year! Make sure to try out the test server if you’re keen to experiment with the new features.
Also, be sure to check out everything we know about Battlefield 2021, as the reveal is set for June.
Image Credit: Ubisoft
How to complete FIFA 22 Flashback Isco SBC
Ultimate Team players can add an excellent Spanish midfielder to their squad amid the LaLiga TOTS promo in FIFA 22.
Real Madrid midfielder Isco is available via SBC during the LaLiga TOTS promo. Here’s how to complete the FIFA 22 Isco Flashback SBC with the cheapest solution.
EA have been releasing incredible Flashback SBCs on the same day that each of the major leagues begins their week-long TOTS promo. Dele Alli was available with the Premier League TOTS and Axel Witsel was available with the Bundesliga TOTS.
Now it is Spain’s turn as the Isco Flashback SBC enters FIFA 22 alongside the LaLiga TOTS squad. Isco is looking like a top-tier midfielder alongside the new boosted cards from LaLiga.
Here’s what you need to know about the FIFA 22 Isco Flashback SBC, including the cheapest solution.
FIFA 22 Flashback Isco SBC stats
Isco is the ideal offensive midfielder to play right under your forwards. The Spanish midfielder boasts a great combination of 5* skills and 4* weak foot. This is excellent for top players who utilize skill moves to make space on the pitch.
- Read more: FIFA 22 TOTS Token Swaps explained
Isco shouldn’t be too difficult to link given the plethora of meta LaLiga cards that just entered Ultimate Team. He’ll compliment TOTS Benzema and Vinicius Jr. well with superb Dribbling and Passing stats. His Finishing, Shot Power, and Long Shots stats are also impressive, which proves he can get in on the goals as well.
How to complete FIFA 22 Flashback Isco SBC
To complete this SBC, players will need to give up three squads: Real Madrid, Spain, and LaLiga. With a value of around 290,000 coins, Isco is certainly expensive, but it’s fair value considering his overall rating and quality. You might want to consider getting him into your FIFA 22 squad alongside any LaLiga TOTS players you might pack.
You can check out the cheapest solution below.
Real Madrid requirements
- # of players from Real Madrid: Min 1
- Squad Rating: Min 85
- Team Chemistry: Min 70
Real Madrid solution – Cost: 68,000 coins
- # of players from Spain: Min 1
- # of TOTW or TOTS players: Min 1
- Squad Rating: Min 86
- Team Chemistry: Min 60
Spain solution – Cost: 79,000 coins
- # of players from LaLiga: Min 1
- Squad Rating: Min 88
- Team Chemistry: Min 40
LaLiga solution – Cost: 140,000 coins
The Flashback Isco SBC will be available for two weeks as it expires on June 3. This should give you plenty of time to save up coins and fodder to meet the SBC requirements above.
- Read more: How to complete FIFA 22 Gvardiol TOTS SBC
Isco is certainly a meta midfielder for FIFA 22’s endgame and if you use any LaLiga players, he’ll prove to be an asset to your team. Don’t forget to keep an eye out for the Ansu Fati and Jesus Navas LaLiga TOTS objectives, which are free cards that also pair well with Isco.
For more on FIFA 22, check out everything we know about the Serie A TOTS.
Image Credits: EA Sports / FUTBIN
How to get Obi-Wan Kenobi Fortnite skin: Release date, bundle & Star Wars cosmetics
Legendary Star Wars character Obi-Wan Kenobi is on the way to Fortnite, so here’s when he arrives, how to get his skin, and what’s included.
Ewan McGregor returns as the titular Jedi in Disney+’s Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Fortnite celebrates the show’s premiere by adding Obi-Wan as a playable character. Here’s when Obi-Wan arrives in Fortnite, as well as how to get his bundle and what it includes.
The Star Wars franchise has seen a massive revival since being taken over by Disney, with the Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett hitting both Disney+ and Fortnite. Thanks to the latest collaboration, players can take the high ground as Obi-Wan Kenobi as part of a crossover with the upcoming show.
As part of the Star Wars Day celebration, Fortnite teased that the heroic Jedi will feature in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 in some capacity. Obi-Wan’s skin has now been confirmed so here’s when it arrives, how to get it, and everything the bundle includes.
- How to get Obi-Wan Kenobi bundle in Fortnite
- When does Obi-Wan Kenobi arrive in Fortnite?
- What’s included in Obi-Wan Kenobi Fortnite bundle?
How to get Obi-Wan Kenobi bundle in Fortnite
The Obi-Wan Kenobi outfit can be purchased in Fortnite’s Item Shop, but players can also get their hands on it by being a top-performing player in the Obi-Wan Kenobi Cup.
- Read more: How to ignite structures in Fortnite
The Obi-Wan Kenobi Cup is a duos tournament taking place on Sunday, May 22, which also unvaults Lightsabers and the E-11 Blaster Rifle. The top-performing duos in each region will earn Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Desert Essentials Back Bling Early.
When does Obi-Wan Kenobi arrive in Fortnite?
Obi-Wan Kenobi hits Fortnite’s Item Shop on Thursday, May 26, at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM BST (May 27) — the night before the show arrives on Disney+.
- Read more: How to complete Fortnite Weekly Quests
They didn’t confirm when Obi-Wan will leave the Item Shop, so we recommend picking him up as soon as possible.
What’s included in Obi-Wan Kenobi Fortnite bundle?
Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Fortnite bundle comes with a skin based on his look from the Disney+ show, a Backbling, Pickaxe, Glider, Emote, and Loading Screen.
Here’s everything included in the Obi-Wan Kenobi bundle:
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Outfit
- Desert Essentials Back Bling (included with the Outfit)
- Obi-Wan’s Blade Pickaxe
- Jedi Interceptor Glider
- Obi-Wan’s Message Emote
- Kenobi, Surrounded Loading Screen
All of these items, except for the Loading Screen, can be purchased separately from the Item Shop.
For more Fortnite, be sure to check out the recent leaks surrounding Chapter 3, Season 2 ending with a live event.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: May 20
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of May 20. Use our quick and easy guide to see what items can be redeemed.
Players who love to battle it out in competitive PvP action to earn Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards can now see what the week of May 20 has to offer.
Destiny 2‘s Trial of Osiris has become a staple of Bungie’s sci-fi shooter, thanks to its heated action, and the rewards for May 20 are now available to see.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week. Here is the newest set of Trials of Osiris rewards in Destiny 2, the Witch Queen update.
What are the Trials of Osiris rewards for May 20 in Destiny 2?
The Trials of Osiris is an end-game Crucible event that resets its rewards and map on Fridays at 9 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT.
- Read More: Destiny 2 Xur location and items this week
The more reputation you can earn in Bungie’s Trials of Osiris, the better quality of rewards you will receive in Destiny 2.
Trials of Osiris May 20 map
The map that players fight on changes each week, keeping things fresh and exciting for players. Here is the Trials of Osiris map for the week starting May 20 in Destiny 2:
- Endless Vale
Trials of Osiris May 20 rewards
Here is the complete list of Trials of Osiris rewards for this week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Aisha’s Embrace (Adept)
To earn the Flawless Reward, players will need to win seven Trials of Osiris matches without losing a single game.
- Read More: Every Destiny 2 DLC and Expansion: Full list
It’s a tough feat, no doubt, but it’s doable with enough skill, patience, and understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Passage of Ferocity – Your third match win grants a bonus win. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Mercy – Forgives one loss per run. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Wealth – Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket. (15000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Confidence – Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. (20000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards)
So, there you have it, that’s all the information you’ll need for this week’s Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris, make sure you try your best to get after these rewards, as they can be used to make your overall Destiny 2 experience more fruitful and enjoyable!
Image Credits: Bungie
Best Shotguns in Warzone: Season 3 ranked list
If you're looking for the most powerful close-range weapons Warzone Pacific has to offer, here are the best Shotguns for...
When is Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded? New SMG & Sphere map
The next major update for Vanguard is Season 3 Reloaded, so here's everything we know including the new SMG, map,...
How to complete FIFA 22 Flashback Isco SBC
Ultimate Team players can add an excellent Spanish midfielder to their squad amid the LaLiga TOTS promo in FIFA 22.