Treyarch talked a lot about the new Battle Royale mode, Blackout, in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 in a studio live streaming featuring Vonderhaar and Dan Bunting.
Here’s a recap of the information shared by Treyarch on Blackout from their developer stream and from their new Field Manual:
- When you start up a match, you wingsuit into a pre-game lobby called the Drop Zone. At the Drop Zone, it’s an area for players to get familiar with all of the weapons, vehicles, and items from Blackout. Once there’s enough players in the lobby, the countdown timer for the match will begin.
- Once the game starts, a squad of helicopters will be the transportation method. When you’re ready to deploy, you jump out with a wingsuit equipped. The HUD will show how to navigate the wingsuit, where it allows you to soar down, level off, and move around. Once you reach a certain height, your parachute will auto deploy.
- Wingsuit will stay on your character the entire match. You can base jump any time by sprinting and then pressing and holding the jump button.
- You have a total of 5 inventory slots. These items can be equipped without affecting the 5 slots:
- 2 Weapons
- 1 Health Item
- 1 Armor Item
- 1 Backpack
- Equipment Item
- About 200 of each Ammo type.
- You cannot have additional weapons or health in your inventory, just armor and equipment.
- Back pack is one of the storage items that expands your inventory from 5 to 10 slots. There will be more storage items coming to Blackout post launch.
- There’s two menus to manage your inventory:
- Inventory Menu – “Allows you to manage everything you have. You can consume Perks, drop Items for teammates, equip Attachments, and more.”
- Quick Inventory Menu “will appear the first time you have something that you can Interact with in your Inventory.”
- Items in the world can be equipped immediately without having to access the inventory.
- Attachments can be found across the map. Attachments will work on certain guns only, and some attachments cannot be equipped on certain weapons.
- Each weapon type in Blackout has its own ammo type. The Inventory Menu will tell you have much of each ammo you have.
- There are 3 levels of Armor in Blackout. You can only carry 1 armor piece at a time.
- There is lethal and tactical grenade equipments that can be found across the map.
- Specialist based equipment are also on the map, but harder to find. Any player can use specialist equipment.
- There are special items like the Recon Car — this is the RC-XD but it does not explode. You can use the car to search around and find enemies.
- The map features Supply Stashes at random locations. Supply Drops are brought in by cargo planes.
- The map is now actually 2,500 times the size of Nuketown.
- There is a classic World at War weapon in Blackout
- There is one Black Ops 3 MP map located near Rivertown that fans have not identified yet.
- Stronghold map name mentioned during stream
- Vahn stated they are going to try different player counts in the beta, like 3 players on the team or even 5 players on a team.
- Vehicles have unlimited fuel. Each vehicle has different health values.
SOURCE: Treyarch / Stream
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Beta Dates announced
Activision has officially announced the dates for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Beta. The Open...
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...