One of the big controversies with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the matchmaking system in the game.
Many fans have been upset over the skill based matchmaking style system that exists in the game, but Infinity Ward has yet to even acknowledge any sort of system in the game.
YouTubers conducted a test recently and found that Modern Warfare has a hidden MMR system in the game that matches players based on their performance from the last 5 games in consideration while matchmaking.
A Respawn developer, the team behind Apex Legends & part of the EA studio family, was asked about Skill Based Matchmaking in Apex Legends. Apex also does have SBMM, alongside Fortnite.
And while controversy also exists in those games, this Respawn dev says that SBMM is set to become the norm for MP games as there is data that suggests it benefits up to 90% of the player base.
He says it does hurt the “10%’ers” but that its beneficial to the majority of the player base.
He also admits that the Apex Legends SBMM might need some additional tuning at some point.
One of the things that many Call of Duty fans forget is that the Reddit and Twitter side of the community is just a small, vocal portion of the entire Call of Duty game.
Infinity Ward and the developer teams have the full data on the games and understand the entire player base – not just the vocal ones on social media all the time.
There’s still no indication if Infinity Ward plans to address SBMM in Modern Warfare.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Get a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Emblem & Calling Card in Warzone
Legendary and Activision has teamed up to give players a bonus Emblem and Calling Card for Call of Duty.
As part of the Haunting of Verdansk event, a site has gone up allowing players to watch a few videos and scene to get an Emblem and Calling Card in Warzone.
- Visit the new website called http://texaschainsaw.com
- Follow the site to watch the selection of clips (caution: audio warning)
- Enter your email when prompted
- Code sent to your email within two weeks
The legal language on the website says that users must be 17+ and have a valid Activision ID account. The promotion is live until November 1, 2020.
Once you enter your email address, the site says that codes and a poster will be emailed within a two week window.
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...