According to a new rumor floating around, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer will feature some of what fans have been hoping for out of a Treyarch game.
Apparently, some users have seen new MP footage from a recent event that showcases some of the details.
As posted by @INTELCallofDuty, Black Ops Cold War MP will have a lot of classic Treyarch features.
A video posted by said user claims that he has seen gameplay of Black Ops Cold War MP.
Here’s some of the details from the video, who claims that they saw gameplay from said recent event:
- Two Factions: CIA vs Spetsnaz
- EKIA is back, like Black Ops 4
- Boots on the ground movement is similar to Black Ops 4 and has sliding. There is also slide cancelling.
- Health is at 150 like Black Ops 4, but TTK is faster than BO4
- Full auto health regeneration; no Stim
- Claims “Strong” SBMM like in MW
- The normal Mini-map is back again
- Dead Silence is a perk again. It was not a perk in a build from several months back
- Field Upgrades are back, the following known: Trophy System, Proximity Mine
- Two maps known (Miami club setting & Desert open map that has ammo crates)
- Ground War: A 12v12 Ground War map with three ships that are connected with zip-lines
- Swimming mechanics is back (like Black Ops 3 & 4)
- There are no specialists
- Score streaks are returning, but with a twist. the work with a multiplier for killstreaks.
- Streaks known so far:
- UAV, VTOL, Chopper Gunner, Cruise Missle, Napalm Strike, and Artillery Strike
- Hardpoint (arrow shows next HP), Kill Confirmed, VIP (kind of like safeguard), Ground War
- There are no specialists
- CONFIRMED GUNS:
- ARs: M16-A2, AK5
- SMG: An uzi-style gun, MP5, AK74u
- Additional: Type 63, Stoner 63, Type 15, Colt Commando
- Sniper: M40
- LOADOUTS AND ATTACHMENTS
- Simple to BO4, not as many options as MW
- There’s a hybrid Pick 10 and MW-style where you still get 5 attachments on all guns.
- Three perks (one that can add extra attachments)
You can watch full the video:
Another rumor posted by GamingRevolution claims that the game is a baby child between Black Ops 2 and Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War campaign is set to be revealed August 26. Per leaks discovered through game files, the MP reveal is set for September 9.
Stay tuned for the latest information.
Feature image is from Black Ops 4.
New Black Ops Cold War Zombies teasers found
Zombies fans, strap in…
The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of the Black Ops Cold War Zombies reveal.
Earlier this week, content creators received a package that led them to new PawnTakesPawn URL sites, which continued to unlock more secrets each day of the week.
Now, on Friday, Sept. 25, the easter egg hunt has led to a new URL site that showcases three new images of Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies mode.
Here’s the new images of Zombies, found on this site:
The next step of the Zombies Teaser is set to continue on September 28 at 12PM ET, per the PawnTakesPawn.
Here’s the site to go for this, where two more codes will be needed to unlock the next step of secrets.
This is the second teaser for Black Ops Cold War Zombies. The first was a 10 second video shown at the end of the MP Reveal trailer back on September 9.
Xfinity customers can get Black Ops Cold War Beta Codes
Xfinity has announced a partnership with Activision to provide Black Ops Cold War Early Access Beta codes for subscribers.
Xfinity announced the news on their website this week. The company says customers who are subscribed to Xfinity can request a beta code to get access during the Beta Early Access Periods.
Through a collaboration with Activision, all Xfinity customers are being given early access to the Open Beta of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War alongside those who have already pre-ordered the game; three days before its opened up for everyone.
Xfinity customers can visit xfinity.com/callofduty and register for a unique code.
If you’re looking for more specific details, Activision’s new FAQ has you covered.
Xfinity has partnered with Activision in the past to provide Beta codes for their customers, including for Call fo Duty: WWII and Call of Duty: Black ops Cold War.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Early Access Open Beta begins on October 8 on PS4. You can also get early access by pre-ordering a digital edition of Black Ops Cold War.
The full Beta Schedule is as follows:
- Weekend 1 — PlayStation 4 Exclusive
- Early Access Begins: October 8
- Open Beta Begins: October 10
- Weekend 1 Ends: October 12
- Weekend 2 — Beta on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Early Access for Xbox & PC (PS4 Open Beta) Begins: October 15
- Open Beta Begins: October 17
- Open Beta Ends: October 19
Stay tuned for the latest news on Black Ops Cold War beta. More information to come as we get closer to the October 8 start date on PS4.
Black Ops Cold War side missions features puzzle to unlock more content
As announced back with the reveal of Black Ops Cold War, the campaign of the game features side missions, alongside the main campaign story that exists.
Players can unlock and get these side missions as they continue to progress and play through the campaign. The campaign has a lot of player choice compared to the past in Call of Duty, with players picking their characters and even setting up their story for the multi-ending story.
Now, speaking to the PlayStation Magazine, Raven’s Dan Vondrak says that these side missions have another level to them that allows for more depth.
Vondrak says that, based on 80s theme, there’s a puzzles that can be solved in each of the side missions that will let players unlock more of these side missions.
“I was like, dude, if this was an ’80s game, you would have to solve some kind of puzzle,” said Vondrak. “People thought I was crazy. [Now] you have to use the evidence to solve these puzzles and that’ll unlock a different part of the side mission, so even here we wanted to make a call back to the ’80s.”
Vondrak says that Black Ops Cold War’s campaign is ‘breaking out of the normal traditional Call of Duty structure.’
Some of the campaign missions will be left up to players to see the next objective they want to complete, unlocking new possibilities for gameplay.
“This culmination of ideas and experiences are crystallized and harnessed into Black Ops Cold War,” said Treyarch dev Miles Leslie. “So you’ve got some RPG and some action. […] We’re throwing in all the experience-ingredients into the pie and what comes out of the oven is Black Ops – Cold War, which hopefully is gonna be super-tasty.”
Stay tuned for more information on the Black Ops Cold War campaign as November 13 approaches.
Pre-load Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 update on PS4
PlayStation is allowing users to pre-load Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6 patch update ahead of its upcoming launch. The...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
New Black Ops Cold War Zombies teasers found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...