Treyarch have released the latest game settings update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
On PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Treyarch has added in two updated maps for free, for all Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 players. The two new maps, which were originally leaked from the PC files after the last game update, are now live for all players in multiplayer — bringing the current total map count to 17.
- Firing Range Night: Black Ops Flashback: US forces gear up for red team/blue team combat exercises in this Guantanamo Bay military base.
- Seaside Sunset: An anti-government protest in this quaint coastal Spanish town grew out of control and forced a military shutdown.
Alongside these new maps, Treyarch has added in the Safeguard mode from Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 back into Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 as the Featured MP Mode in the title on PS4, and brought HC Nuketown Playlist to the title as well under the Featured Playlist Section.
In today’s Black Ops 4 update: Safeguard makes its Black Ops 4 debut on PS4 in Multiplayer! Escort the robot into enemy territory and keep the opposing team from doing the same to secure the win. We’ve also added three new playlists to the Featured category on all platforms: Hardcore Nuketown, Mercenary Objective Moshpit, and Chaos Hardpoint. See below for details and let us know what you think.
Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night join the MP map rotation starting today as well, bringing a new nighttime flair to two of our most frenetic maps. These map variants are free for all players and join the map rotation indefinitely – let us know which version you prefer in the comments.
For our Blackout players, the Bowie Knife is now available in Equipment Stashes and as Zombies-related drops on all platforms! Get your hands on one for some stealthy 1-hit kills. We’ve also added Character Missions to unlock Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen, and the Blightfather event has returned on PS4, now with reduced Blightfather health in Solos and Duos for faster takedowns.
Zombies gets a new round of stability updates today, including fixes for crashes in all maps and specific fixes for IX. Stay tuned for additional improvements in a future update, and some exciting additions to Zombies in the coming weeks.
Also, a note to our South American Blackout players: We’re currently testing a Featured Playlist-only setup on consoles to ensure more players in the region are able to join fuller matches with solid pings. Thanks for your patience as we continue to evaluate various solutions to deliver the best experience possible for Blackout players in this region, and please continue to give us your feedback here and on Twitter (@Treyarch and @TreyarchPC).
Finally, we’ve added a new Summary section below to provide a quick glimpse at what’s new in each update.
- Safeguard (PS4).
- Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night.
- Hardcore Nuketown, Chaos Hardpoint, Mercenary Objective Moshpit.
- Exploit/bug fixes.
- Zombies Origins Character Missions (PS4).
- Blightfather Event with lower health in Solos and Duos (PS4).
- Bowie Knife now available on all platforms.
- Stability fixes across all maps.
- Specialist HQ and After Action Report improvements.
We’ve made the following changes on all platforms (version 262.34(54).220.127.116.11.16542 on PC):
- Featured Playlist changed to Safeguard (PS4) / Hardcore Mercenary Moshpit (Xbox One and PC).
- Hardcore Nuketown added to Featured category.
- Chaos Hardpoint added to Featured category.
- Hardpoints spawn in a random order
- Score increases with each teammate on the Hardpoint
- Score limit increased to 1000
- Mercenary Objective Moshpit added to Featured category.
- Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Search & Destroy, Heist
- No parties allowed
- Added Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night to all playlists.
- Closed exploits in Nuketown that allowed Ruin to grapple outside of the map.
- Resolved an issue where the scoreboard would flash on screen after ending a game on Nuketown.
- Resolved an issue on Summit that allowed Care Packages deployed on a ramp in the eastern part of the map to float.
- Resolved an issue that removed an attachment from weapons with maximum attachments and a Clan Tag or Kill Counter equipped.
- Tactical Mask Challenge now properly tracks kills while an enemy Counter UAV is active.
- Bowie Knife now available in Equipment Stashes, as a random drop from killing Zombies, and as a randomized item spawn in Zombies-themed locations on all platforms.
- Character Missions
- Zombies Origins Character Missions (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen) now available to find and complete (PS4).
- Blightfather event enabled in all playlists (PS4).
- Reduced the health of the Blightfather in Solo and Duo playlists.
- Resolved an issue where sliding under a Blade Trap without taking damage would not contribute to another player’s challenge.
- Fixed a crash that could occur occasionally when using Anywhere But Here.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a player disconnected while another player was downed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a player disconnected during Fast Travel.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when killing enemies with traps in IX.
- Fixed additional crashes related to a player helping another with challenges in IX.
- Specialist Headquarters
- Improved Torque tutorial mission scripting.
- After Action Report
- After Action Report in Multiplayer and Blackout will now display all earned Tier Rewards and allow the player to scroll through the Tier Rewards menu.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Warzone Season 6 Subway system detailed
Activision has officially provided more information how the new Subway system in Call of Duty: Warzone will work. The new...
Black Ops Cold War side missions features puzzle to unlock more content
As announced back with the reveal of Black Ops Cold War, the campaign of the game features side missions, alongside...
Black Ops Cold War: PawnTakesPawn site gets new teaser video
The PawnTakesPawn website has been updated with a new tape titled “Open. Drop. Save. Restore.” The new tape, which is...