Season 1 has arrived in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with the latest patch update for the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Patch Update 1.10 deployed now and has activated the start of Season 1 for the game. Patch Update 1.10 is 15.1GB on PS4, 18.5GB on Xbox One, and 20GB on PC.
“Since Modern Warfare’s launch it’s been great sharing a steady stream of new playable content, but today’s launch of Season One takes things to a new level for all players. We’re rolling out multiplayer maps like Crash, Vacant and Shipment; Gunfight maps Cargo, Atrium, and Shipment; a Ground War map Port; three new multiplayer modes; five new Special Ops experiences and two new weapons,” said Patrick Kelly, Co-Studio Head and Creative Director, Infinity Ward. “This is the largest free content drop in Call of Duty history, and we’re excited that everyone can play all of this new Modern Warfare content together across all platforms.”
This new update brings a variety of bug fixes, the new Battle Pass, new content – including the Item Shop and new weapons, – Crash MP map, and two new Gunfight maps. More content will be released throughout Season 1, including additional MP maps and Gunfight maps. Check the post HERE for the latest on when the content is coming.
- Crash 24/7
- Port added to Ground War
- Added Rammaza and Gun Runner to TDM 20 and DOM 20
- Added night maps to Hardcore TDM, Search and Destroy, Cyber Attack
- Gun Game (available in Private Match)
- Shoot House 24/7
- 2v2 Gunfight Tournament
- Riot Shield:
- Tuning to how the Riot Shield protects against grenades when thrown at the players’ feet
- Reduced explosive damage within certain ranges
- Fixed a bug where the final killcam would appear under the map when a player got stuck by Thermite or Semtex on the lower part of the body
- Fixed an issue where players stuck inside the Infantry Assault Vehicle would not take damage from Thermite
- Fix for a bug where attempting to scroll to the bottom of the Recent Players list could cause the list to read “No Recent Players” and return to the top
- Gunfight (private match): Fixes ‘Win by Two’ setting to end the game properly once the conditions have been met
Missions and Challenges:
The following are now fixed and have had their descriptions updated as needed
- “Close and Personal”
- “Perks of the Job”
- “Bloodthirsty Killer”
- “Destroy Ground Killstreaks” – All player-driven vehicles will count towards this launcher camo challenge
- “Get 50 kills while an enemy UAV is active” – description updated to reflect that the Ghost perk needs to be equipped in order to complete
- Combat Knife challenge descriptions updated
- .357 camo challenge
- Various updates to other camo challenges
- Fix for Officer Challenge completion notifications not appearing on screen
- Improved effectiveness of FMJ on Killstreaks
- Fix for the Cluster Strike dealing damage inconsistently when targeting a VTOL jet
- .357: Buckshot: reduced damage range, reduced effective hip fire damage. Tuned spread adjustments from barrel attachments
- Menu damage stat bar adjustments for miscellaneous LMGs
- Fixed a bug where the informant can be dropped in bad positions/near enemy soldiers in Operation Harbinger
- Added a checkpoint after the third hack on Operation Brimstone
- Fix for a bug where players could become stuck after going into last stand while breaching the trains on Operation Brimstone
- Enemies in white trucks now exit their vehicles
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
- Leaderboards will no longer display complete gamertags. This should help higher profile leaderboards users from receiving too many invites
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to mantle while strafing with keyboard and mouse
- Increased the turn-rate when aiming with a tank
- Adjusted the camera orbit turn-rate while driving a vehicle using keyboard and mouse
- The keybind “Vehicle Camera Recenter” is now linked to Melee by default (default on E / Mouse 4) and the re-centering of the camera has been improved
- Improvements for the camera transitions with Free Camera and Aerial Camera
- Added a Killstreak view option when using the Portrait List
- Added arrows under the players when using the Aerial Camera view
- Added a skull icon on the Minimap where players die
Fixed an issue that forced shaders to be fully re-compiled after each title update. Shader installation should be expected mainly for new content, drivers update or changing the video card. New optimizations or bugfix that require modifying the shaders can also trigger part or the totality of the shaders to be re-compiled.
Modern Warfare devs make secret TTK change with major health boost
Modern Warfare players believe Infinity Ward have made a major TTK adjustment, adding health to players in Ground War.
Modern Warfare players have discovered that Infinity Ward have made a secret change to the game’s Ground War mode, giving players a major health boost.
Modern Warfare dropped all the way back in 2019, yet remains popular with fans even three years later. With the next Call of Duty title set to be Modern Warfare 2, it’s no surprise that people are jumping back onto Infinity Ward’s last offering.
Even though the developers are hard at work finishing up MW2, it seems that Infinity Ward isn’t finished with Modern Warfare just yet, and still drops updates on the game fairly regularly.
The game’s last update dropped alongside Warzone Season 3 Reloaded, but didn’t include extensive patch notes for players to read. After playing the game though, YouTuber and CoD expert JGOD has discovered a secret change that changes Ground War massively.
In a tweet posted on May 29, JGOD revealed that after playing Ground War, he believed that Infinity Ward had raised the base health in the mode.
To prove this, he used the RAM-7, explaining that at 100HP, it should kill in four shots. In Ground War though, it took six bullets. This suggests that the mode’s base health has been increased to 150HP.
JGOD wasn’t the only player who noticed this change, with many replying that they had felt something was different too. “I knew they did something with the recent update,” tweeted one, while TrapGodTO admitted he felt the “time-to-kill had went up” too.
A higher TTK means it is harder to kill opponents, as you need to hit more shots accurately to wipe them out. The reason for this change remains unknown, but that hasn’t stopped players from speculating.
Some believe this change is directly linked to Warzone, where Raven buffed HP in Rebirth Island with the Reloaded patch. Others think Infinity Ward are testing different base healths for Modern Warfare 2. If that is the case, it’s likely we will have to wait for a multiplayer beta for confirmation.
Image credit: Infinity Ward
Which packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer? Full list
Modern Warfare is a huge game that players need a lot of storage for. Luckily, only certain Modern Warfare packs are needed for Multiplayer.
Knowing what data packs you need to download to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer can be quite confusing, so we put together a detailed list of what you need and how much space it takes up.
Call of Duty’s Multiplayer has been a fan favorite mode of the franchise pretty much since it was released, and although Modern Warfare isn’t the latest installment, players are still enjoying it.
With the Call of Duty games evolving every year, it’s only natural that the data needed is larger. Therefore, some players may be wondering what data packs they need solely for the Multiplayer mode.
What packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer?
In recent history, the developers have allowed players to pick and choose what data to download due to the huge amount of storage that the games take up.
This way, players who only play the Multiplayer can uninstall the data for the campaign and any other extra modes. This is great, as it prevents storage from being taken up modes you don’t play.
Luckily there isn’t much that players actually need to play Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s a list of all the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs you need to have downloaded:
- Base Game: 88.7 GB
- Multiplayer pack: 6.0 GB
- Multiplayer pack 2: 19.9 GB
- Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack: 21.3 GB
In total, this comes to 135.9 GB big and will require a sizable amount of your console storage.
For those on Xbox One, you will need all three of the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs mentioned above to run the Multiplayer mode.
For those on PC or PlayStation, you only need Data Pack 1 and the Multiplayer Pack 2 in order to run Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
So, for those who are either bored of Warzone like some popular streamers have been lately, you may want to head back over to the classic Multiplayer and give the new CX-9 SMG a try. With that being said, these are the data packs you’ll need to do so.
For more on Call of Duty, stay tuned on Charlie INTEL and check out our article on the best PC Settings for Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
Modern Warfare 2 shown to NFL prospects: Title confirmed & first impressions
As top prospects prepare for the NFL draft, they’re getting a first look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during a private CoD event.
NFL draft prospects are giving their first impressions of Modern Warfare 2 as they get an exclusive look at the new Call of Duty title.
Although Vanguard Season 3 has only just begun, Call of Duty players are already looking forward to the next installment in the franchise. The Modern Warfare series is beloved by many players across the globe, thus the excitement for Modern Warfare 2 is high.
There are certainly a ton of rumors beginning to swirl but thanks to a private CoD event for some of the NFL’s top draft prospects, we received an official title for the game as well as first impressions from the players lucky enough to sneak a peek.
We’ve known for a while that the next Call of Duty title is set to be a sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. Given the sequel association, most people began calling it Modern Warfare II. While this was in the right ballpark, the event finally confirmed that the title will be Modern Warfare 2.
In addition to title confirmation of the Infinity Ward developed game, several top prospects from the upcoming NFL draft took to social media to share thoughts and opinions on their first look at Modern Warfare 2.
The list of NFL prospects who got a glimpse of Modern Warfare 2 includes Ahmad Gardner, Aidan Hutchinson, and Bo Melton. Both Melton and Hutchinson posted pictures of themselves at the Las Vegas event.
Meanwhile, Gardner offered more details concerning the footage and claimed that “it was so realistic, it’s insane.” This lines up with a statement from an Activision briefing that claimed Modern Warfare 2 would be “the most advanced experience in franchise history.”
Only time will tell if this positive perception will hold up but CoD fans have a lot to be excited about.
For more on the upcoming CoD title, check out how a leaker claims SBMM will be reworked in Modern Warfare 2 or potential major changes to Perks.
Image Credit: Activision
FIFA 22 Title Update 14 patch notes: Low Driven Shots buff, new skill move, more
FIFA 22 Title Update 14 is set bring a major buff to Low Driven Shots, a brand-new skill move, and...
Best Cold War AK-47 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 4
Here are the Perks, attachments, and Equipment to create the best Black Ops Cold War AK-47 loadout in Warzone Pacific...
How to tame a horse in Minecraft
Horses are a great way to get around your Minecraft world, but first you need to find a saddle, tame...