Season 2 has arrived in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with the latest patch update for the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Patch Update 1.14 is live now now for the game on PS4, Xbox One, and PC and has activated Season 2. Patch Update 1.14 is 51GB on PS4, 68GB on Xbox One, and 67GB on PC. The update is at these sizes because, according to Activision, the game is re-downloading existing files and over writing them for a better optimization push.
“The community response to Modern Warfare since launch has been incredible and we’re thrilled to bring back some legendary fan-favorite maps and an iconic beloved Modern Warfare character Ghost,” said Patrick Kelly, Co-Studio Head and Creative Director, Infinity Ward. “We’re committed to continuously fueling the fun with more and more content for everyone and can’t wait for players to experience what’s to come with Season Two.”
Season 2 brings new content, including new maps, modes, and more, alongside an all new Battle Pass.
- New Operator: Ghost!
- New Weapons: Grau 5.56 and Striker 45
- CDL Playlist (Hardpoint, Domination, Search and Destroy)
- Realism Ground War (previously Realism Mosh Pit)
- Adding Boneyard into Ground War rotation
- “I have Rust Issues” – 6v6 Mosh Pit
- Gunfight Snipers 3v3
- Rust: available in 2v2 and 6v6 playlists
- Atlas Superstore: available in 6v6 and 10v10 playlists
- Regiments! (check them out in the Social menu!)
- New Trials!
- Special Ops Survival: Azhir Cave (Sony Exclusive!)
- Akimbo Weapon Perk! (available in Gunsmith)
* A note from the team: Bazaar and Gunfight Tournaments will go live later in the season!
- Fix for the “Focused” challenge not tracking properly
- Krovnik Farmland
- Added back into rotation
- Removed access to the second floor in a handful of centrally located houses (see the locations below marked in red)
- Fixes for various exploits across Ground War maps
- Fixed an issue where players could team kill Care Package owners and teammates capturing Care Packages
- Fix for Platinum and Damascus camos sometimes having a blinding glare when in certain areas that contain sunlight
- Fix for a rare bug that could prevent players from accessing the barracks, weapons, and/or Operators tabs after matches
- Disabled the “Copy Loadout” feature
- Trophy System: Deploy time has been reduced by about half a second
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to get infinite Weapon Drops by cancelling Killstreaks. Killstreaks are no longer usable when the Weapon Drop grenade is equipped
- Fixed a bug where objectives were not giving Field Upgrade progress
Perks – Rebalancing
- Perk 1 Slots
- Overkill: Switched places with Killchain and will now be in Perk 2
- E.O.D.: Removed hacking ability (added to Spotter perk)
- Double Time: Double the recharge rate of Tactical Sprint
- Quick Fix: Reduced health regeneration delay – any kill will immediately start regeneration
- Perk 2 Slots
- Ghost: Remove Snapshot grenade immunity (moved to Battle Hardened)
- Restock: Change the equipment recharge rate from 30 to 25 seconds
- Killchain: Switched places with Overkill In Perk 1
- Pointman: Increase the score gain for Scorestreaks across all modes
- Perk 3 Slots
- Tune Up: Increase Field Upgrade cost reduction
- Spotter: Added hacking ability (from E.O.D.); we’re currently working on the ability to hack through walls.
- Battle Hardened:
- Added Snapshot grenade immunity (moved from Ghost)
- Added Gas grenade resistance:
- Cough is no longer played when a player enters gas
- Reduced slowdown under gas effect
- Reduced blur when under gas effect
- Fix for some kills not tracking properly when attempting to unlock the Crossbow
- Fixed explosive Fury crossbow bolts to not kill Juggernauts in one hit
- Very slight tuning to the reload speed. We’re still fine tuning this one, so more adjusting is in the works!
- Fixed a bug where the Crossbow did not do any melee damage to Deployable Cover
- SA87– Smoothed out recoil, increased damage
- Increased RAM-7 extended mags ammo count from 45 to 50
- *A note from the weapons team! The Solozero NVG Enhanced is supposed to see through smoke, but a rendering bug broke this one optic temporarily. We’ll have it fixed shortly!
- Operation Harbinger: Fixed an issue with a checkpoint that could cause players to spawn under the map
Keyboard and Mouse
- Added Change to Loadout keybinds for Custom Loadouts 6 to 10, allowing players to quickly switch to any of their favorite Loadouts with the press of a button.
- Fixed a visual issue where highlighting the usernames of multiple people in a lobby with the mouse cursor could lead to multiple Emblem/Player Card/Level UI elements appearing and overlapping each other.
Call of Duty League:
- Removed Specialist restrictions
- For Keyboard & Mouse Codcasters, it is now possible to bring up player Field Upgrades by pressing a key in the same way as they can with Killstreaks. This also shows the exact progress until each player unlocks their respective Field Upgrade.
- Player health levels are displayed in the background of their portraits
- Player numbers are now displayed in the minimap and are larger when viewed on the full map
- When using the Tracker perk, footprints are now visible even when the Bullet Impacts & Sprays option is disabled in the Graphics tab
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
With the right attachments, the Sykov pistol is unstoppable at close-range. Here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Also, we recommend you finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early can cause issues with the progress not counting, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
How to unlock Akimbo for the Sykov pistol
What makes the Sykov so powerful is its Akimbo perk. This isn’t unlocked as a regular challenge, you’ll need to get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
The challenge description is reportedly bugged and will tell you to use the Renetti, but you need to use the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
Again, this challenge is easy in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. We recommend playing Hardcore Shipment and Shoothouse as you’ll get the kills in no time.
For Warzone, we recommend hopping into Plunder. Equip Mo’Money to your Sykov and take close-range fights and you should be able to get at least three kills.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
Warzone devs respond to bug that isn’t counting wins
Raven Software have responded to a frustrating bug that has ignored Warzone Victories, resulting in stats not being updated.
Apex Legends glitch makes hip-firing 100% accurate
Apex Legends players can make use of an recurring exploit in order to drastically improve their hip-fire accuracy.
Crazy Warzone exploit gives Akimbo Sykov Pistols zero recoil & 100% accuracy
Although Warzone's Sykov will be nerfed soon, a new glitch is giving the Akimbo full-auto Pistols complete accuracy and no...