Season 3 arrives in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone with the latest patch update for the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The new patch update is now live for the game on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch update is 11.6GB on PS4, 13.6GB on Xbox One, and 16GB on PC.
Season 3 brings a brand new Battle Pass with Alex Operator, brand new MP maps, new weapons, vehicle skins, and more. The full roadmap for the new Season of content for Modern Warfare and Warzone is available here.
The new Season 3 content available this week includes:
- New Operator + Battle Pass, featuring Alex
- New Multiplayer Maps:
- Talsik Backlot – In the middle of the Urzikstan desert lies an urban city with a major construction project taking place at its center. With its citizens long evacuated, combat takes place from door-to-door as teams fight for control of the various overlooks and buildings.
- Hovec Sawmill – A sleepy farming village is under peril, as its main sawmill building has caught fire. Operators will fight within the burning wreckage and around it, visiting the local businesses such as the butchery, the mess hall, and even the beekeeper’s area, which includes a couple of active hives!
- Aniyah Incursion – You’ve experienced it in 10v10 and in Ground War – now fight within a more enclosed version of the area based around the central palace in Aniyah Incursion.
- New Warzone Game Mode:
- New Weapons:
- New Skins:
- Vehicle Skins
PATCH NOTES – April 7 Update:
- Lowered the max amount of XP and score given for Decoy Grenade assists
- Backend fixes to help Memory Error 13-71 issues. If you’re still experiencing this error, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fixed a bug where more than one dog would be present in the squad walk in the main multiplayer menu
- As an owner of a regiment, players could sometimes see an error when selecting another player in their regiment. This has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to skip cutscenes in the campaign while using keyboard and mouse controls
- Fixed a bug where players were sometimes unable to see Clan Tags for other players in the Social Menu after restarting app, or going through a power cycle
- Fixed an issue where some players could encounter graphical corruptions, causing their screen to have a black ‘shadow’ that followed them. This has been fixed
- Fix for an area on St. Petrograd that lacked collision and allowed the Recon Drone to fly out of bounds
- Fixed a bug that made clan tags appear twice
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from speaking to their team in a custom match if they switched teams after the match has started
- Lowered the volume of the plane audio during infil
- Lowered the audio once you enter the Gulag
- Reduced the volume of occluded far and distant weapons
- Some footstep sounds while ADS and crouched were cut short on the distance you could hear them, depending on the surface type
- Fixed an issue where “The Line Breaker” variant of the EBR could out perform the base version of the same weapon
- Players with the “Cherry Blossom” variant of the Akimbo handguns could have broken animations while ADS on ladders. This has been fixed
- Firing a smoke grenade with the under barrel 40mm smokescreen launcher did not emit any smoke from the grenade. This has been fixed
- Attaching the Sniper Scope to the MK2 Carbine while in the Gunsmith would show a white, opaque lens. This has been fixed.
- Tightened the pellet spread on the Slug 6-R Mags for the Model 680
- Akimbo weapons now start with 2 extra magazines of ammunition instead of 1
- Tightened up the hip spread on the VLK Rogue Shotgun
- Decreased ADS spread for shotgun slugs
- Added descriptions to slugs noting that longer barrels and chokes improve ADS accuracy
- Updating names of weapons to match weapon logos
- 725: “FTAC Equilibrium” renamed to “Cronen Equilibrium”
- SA87: “FSS SA87 Heavy Stock Pro” renamed to “XRK SA87 Heavy Stock Pro”
- RAM-7: “XRK Ranger” renamed to “FSS Ranger
- Grau 5.56: “FSS 26.4″ Archangel” renamed to “Tempus 26.4″ Archangel”
- Added on screen text to call out when a player’s vehicle is damaged
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for an error that could occur after launching the drone
- Operation Headhunter: Fixed a bug where the minimap could overlap the Objectives on screen
- Fall damage is now the same in Co-Op as it is in Warzone
- We now tell you how far away you are from your teammates while in a match
- Fix for the gas mask animation interrupting and blocking players from deploying their parachute
- Various exploit fixes
- Fix for a bug where players were unable to revive teammates after getting interrupted during the initial revive animation
- Fixed a bug where players could be killed by vehicles without being near the player
- Fixed an issue that could display the incorrect rank on screen after the player’s game application had been suspended and reopened
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone would use the VO lines for a Personal Radar. That VO was also heard by all players on the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could become invincible if they become downed while switching seats in a Tac Rover
- While spectating a player in the Gulag, the option to redeploy your teammate would appear on screen, even though they cannot be redeployed. This has been fixed
- If a player spectates the winning team of a BR match, the After-Action Report will display the winning team’s score in the scoreboard tab. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where placing a Shield Turret on a teammate could kill them
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t swap out the M13 for any other weapon in the Plunder tutorial
- Fix for players unable to self-revive in Solos
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $10,000
- Removed Blood Splatter and Screen Shake when being punched in the Gulag waiting area
- Removed Loss Column from BR Leaderboard and replaced with Top 10s
- Fixed issue with final circles occurring out of bounds or in undesirable areas
- Fixed issue with Armor plates and Killstreaks being unusable under certain conditions
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This playlist update is the final new playlist update for Season 5 of the game.
As part of this being the final weekend for Season 5, Infinity Ward has activated the following in game:
- Double XP
- Double Weapon XP
- 2X Tier Progression
Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression will end with the end of Season 5, which is set for September 29.
In addition, there’s an updated playlist option in Warzone. Infinity Ward has added Warzone Mini Royale mode for the weekend. In case you need a refresher, here’s what Mini Royale is:
This weekend only, battle in Warzone Mini Royale Trios. A short, sweet, and intense variant, Mini Royale likens the experience to the first and final minutes of a standard Battle Royale match. Other Warzone playlists available throughout the week include Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Plunder Quads.
Drop in and finish up those Season 5 Battle Passes before it ends!
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6: Date, Subway, & Operators
Activision and Infinity Ward announced that Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone begins on Tuesday, September 29.
The company released a new cinematic trailer for Season 6, unveiling the new operators coming including Farrah and Nikolai.
The trailer also revealed the new Subway system coming to Warzone, allowing players a new way to traverse the map as they play.
Here’s a look at the Subway system:
The Call of Duty blog has provided more details on what to expect from the two new Operators, who are part of the upcoming Season 6 Battle Pass.
“This occupation must end. That we can all agree on, yes?”
The founder and Commander of the Urzikstani Liberation Force, Farah, grew up a fighter after surviving imprisonment by Roman Barkov. She’s an exceptional soldier and leader that’s known a lifetime of war. Her skills have been further honed with additional training with the SAS, and she’s led dangerous missions to fight off Al-Qatala forces and other regimes stationed in her country.
Following the events of Campaign, Farah joins the Chimera of the Allegiance reuniting with Iskra, a former scout of hers. Farah is instantly unlocked at Tier 0 of the Season Six Battle Pass. In addition to Farah’s base skin, players can earn additional skins and other rewards by completing her Operator Missions.
“Nikolai, you’ve been a bad boy.” “From you that’s a compliment.”
Nikolai is the leader of the Chimera, a PMC within the Allegiance. A long-time friend to Captain Price, Nikolai initially worked with Price, Kamarov, and Kate Laswell to build the Armistice to stop the rise of a new AQ. After the Armisitice collapse, Nikolai now takes the battle in his own hands to stop Zakhaev.
Nikolai is a Russian patriot at heart with a deep love for his country only matched by his love for weaponry. He’s known as a fixer and can acquire most anything, anywhere. Despite his murky background, he’ll always choose what’s right when it counts. Nikolai is unlocked at Tier 100 of the Season Six Battle Pass. Players can complete Operator Missions to earn additional skins for Nikolai and other rewards.
Season 6 will begin on Sept. 29 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Alongside the new content teased in the trailer, there will also be more to come in MP.
Stay tuned for the latest on Season 6.
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: 2XP & Store Bundles
Call of Duty Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for the week of September 21.
This week sees 24/7 Shipment and 24/7 Shoot House, and new playlists Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone, alongside Gunfight 3v3 Snipers.
And, in Warzone, Warzone Mini Royale Trios is available.
This is also the final week of Season 5 in Modern Warfare & Warzone. Season 6 is set to begin Sept. 29, so Infinity Ward will add Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and 2X Tier Progression starting Friday, Sept. 25 at 10AM PT and ending with the Season 5 end.
This week will also see new store bundles for fans to pick up who want to customize their operators and weapons, including the Tracer Anime Pack and new Alex Bundle.
Here’s the breakdown from Activision Blog:
This week the Shoot the Ship-tember playlist is breaking off into 24/7 Shoot House and 24/7 Shipment, players can battle in a trio in Gunfight 3v3 Snipers, experience an objective moshpit in Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone, and play in the weekend only Warzone mode – Mini Royale Trios. Plus, players will get Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass progression earn rate starting this weekend!
A double dose of objective fun is available in the Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone mosh pit. In Deathmatch Domination, earn points for capturing objective and eliminating enemy players so OBJ and slayers can earn score. In Drop Zone, hold the objective to receive the gift of Care Packages and a flurry of Killstreaks that keeps the match interesting. All Care Packages are up for grabs, it just takes longer to capture enemy packages, but good things are worth the wait.
Get with your squad and battle in Gunfight 3v3 Snipers. Map knowledge is key to success in this sniper shoot-out as is teammate communication. Make callouts and watch the flag during Overtime. Pro-tip: Consider closing the distance and performing a Finishing Move while the enemy reloads for an epic Killcam.
Get a new look for Ghost in the ‘Beyond the Pale’ bundle with his ‘Dreadwood’ skin. The bundle also includes two Legendary blueprints – the Spanish Moss and Old Road – a watch, calling card, emblem, spray, quip, weapon charm, and gesture.
Put the enemy on notice with the ‘Notice Me: IV’ bundle. It’s included blueprint, Showcase, deals high damage and has extra oomph in both the range in accuracy category making this a sniper rifle worth noticing. In addition to the Epic Showcase sniper blueprint, players will also get a weapon charm, calling card, and emblem when they pick up the bundle in Store.
This weekend only, battle in Warzone Mini Royale Trios. A short, sweet, and intense variant, Mini Royale likens the experience to the first and final minutes of a standard Battle Royale match. Other Warzone playlists available throughout the week include Battle Royale Solos, Duos, Trios, and Quads and Plunder Quads. Then hop over to Multiplayer to choose between 24/7 Shipment or 24/7 Shoot House for your close quarters mosh pit mayhem. Whichever mode you choose, you’ll get Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass progression earn rate starting on September 25 at 10AM PT to September 28 at 10AM PT.
SOURCE: Call of Duty Blog
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
New Black Ops Cold War Zombies teasers found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...
Xfinity customers can get Black Ops Cold War Beta Codes
Xfinity has announced a partnership with Activision to provide Black Ops Cold War Early Access Beta codes for subscribers. Xfinity...