Season 3 arrives in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone with the latest patch update for the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The new patch update is now live for the game on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The patch update is 11.6GB on PS4, 13.6GB on Xbox One, and 16GB on PC.
Season 3 brings a brand new Battle Pass with Alex Operator, brand new MP maps, new weapons, vehicle skins, and more. The full roadmap for the new Season of content for Modern Warfare and Warzone is available here.
The new Season 3 content available this week includes:
- New Operator + Battle Pass, featuring Alex
- New Multiplayer Maps:
- Talsik Backlot – In the middle of the Urzikstan desert lies an urban city with a major construction project taking place at its center. With its citizens long evacuated, combat takes place from door-to-door as teams fight for control of the various overlooks and buildings.
- Hovec Sawmill – A sleepy farming village is under peril, as its main sawmill building has caught fire. Operators will fight within the burning wreckage and around it, visiting the local businesses such as the butchery, the mess hall, and even the beekeeper’s area, which includes a couple of active hives!
- Aniyah Incursion – You’ve experienced it in 10v10 and in Ground War – now fight within a more enclosed version of the area based around the central palace in Aniyah Incursion.
- New Warzone Game Mode:
- New Weapons:
- New Skins:
- Vehicle Skins
PATCH NOTES – April 7 Update:
- Lowered the max amount of XP and score given for Decoy Grenade assists
- Backend fixes to help Memory Error 13-71 issues. If you’re still experiencing this error, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fixed a bug where more than one dog would be present in the squad walk in the main multiplayer menu
- As an owner of a regiment, players could sometimes see an error when selecting another player in their regiment. This has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to skip cutscenes in the campaign while using keyboard and mouse controls
- Fixed a bug where players were sometimes unable to see Clan Tags for other players in the Social Menu after restarting app, or going through a power cycle
- Fixed an issue where some players could encounter graphical corruptions, causing their screen to have a black ‘shadow’ that followed them. This has been fixed
- Fix for an area on St. Petrograd that lacked collision and allowed the Recon Drone to fly out of bounds
- Fixed a bug that made clan tags appear twice
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from speaking to their team in a custom match if they switched teams after the match has started
- Lowered the volume of the plane audio during infil
- Lowered the audio once you enter the Gulag
- Reduced the volume of occluded far and distant weapons
- Some footstep sounds while ADS and crouched were cut short on the distance you could hear them, depending on the surface type
- Fixed an issue where “The Line Breaker” variant of the EBR could out perform the base version of the same weapon
- Players with the “Cherry Blossom” variant of the Akimbo handguns could have broken animations while ADS on ladders. This has been fixed
- Firing a smoke grenade with the under barrel 40mm smokescreen launcher did not emit any smoke from the grenade. This has been fixed
- Attaching the Sniper Scope to the MK2 Carbine while in the Gunsmith would show a white, opaque lens. This has been fixed.
- Tightened the pellet spread on the Slug 6-R Mags for the Model 680
- Akimbo weapons now start with 2 extra magazines of ammunition instead of 1
- Tightened up the hip spread on the VLK Rogue Shotgun
- Decreased ADS spread for shotgun slugs
- Added descriptions to slugs noting that longer barrels and chokes improve ADS accuracy
- Updating names of weapons to match weapon logos
- 725: “FTAC Equilibrium” renamed to “Cronen Equilibrium”
- SA87: “FSS SA87 Heavy Stock Pro” renamed to “XRK SA87 Heavy Stock Pro”
- RAM-7: “XRK Ranger” renamed to “FSS Ranger
- Grau 5.56: “FSS 26.4″ Archangel” renamed to “Tempus 26.4″ Archangel”
- Added on screen text to call out when a player’s vehicle is damaged
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for an error that could occur after launching the drone
- Operation Headhunter: Fixed a bug where the minimap could overlap the Objectives on screen
- Fall damage is now the same in Co-Op as it is in Warzone
- We now tell you how far away you are from your teammates while in a match
- Fix for the gas mask animation interrupting and blocking players from deploying their parachute
- Various exploit fixes
- Fix for a bug where players were unable to revive teammates after getting interrupted during the initial revive animation
- Fixed a bug where players could be killed by vehicles without being near the player
- Fixed an issue that could display the incorrect rank on screen after the player’s game application had been suspended and reopened
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone would use the VO lines for a Personal Radar. That VO was also heard by all players on the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could become invincible if they become downed while switching seats in a Tac Rover
- While spectating a player in the Gulag, the option to redeploy your teammate would appear on screen, even though they cannot be redeployed. This has been fixed
- If a player spectates the winning team of a BR match, the After-Action Report will display the winning team’s score in the scoreboard tab. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where placing a Shield Turret on a teammate could kill them
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t swap out the M13 for any other weapon in the Plunder tutorial
- Fix for players unable to self-revive in Solos
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $10,000
- Removed Blood Splatter and Screen Shake when being punched in the Gulag waiting area
- Removed Loss Column from BR Leaderboard and replaced with Top 10s
- Fixed issue with final circles occurring out of bounds or in undesirable areas
- Fixed issue with Armor plates and Killstreaks being unusable under certain conditions
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare devs make secret TTK change with major health boost
Modern Warfare players believe Infinity Ward have made a major TTK adjustment, adding health to players in Ground War.
Modern Warfare players have discovered that Infinity Ward have made a secret change to the game’s Ground War mode, giving players a major health boost.
Modern Warfare dropped all the way back in 2019, yet remains popular with fans even three years later. With the next Call of Duty title set to be Modern Warfare 2, it’s no surprise that people are jumping back onto Infinity Ward’s last offering.
Even though the developers are hard at work finishing up MW2, it seems that Infinity Ward isn’t finished with Modern Warfare just yet, and still drops updates on the game fairly regularly.
The game’s last update dropped alongside Warzone Season 3 Reloaded, but didn’t include extensive patch notes for players to read. After playing the game though, YouTuber and CoD expert JGOD has discovered a secret change that changes Ground War massively.
In a tweet posted on May 29, JGOD revealed that after playing Ground War, he believed that Infinity Ward had raised the base health in the mode.
To prove this, he used the RAM-7, explaining that at 100HP, it should kill in four shots. In Ground War though, it took six bullets. This suggests that the mode’s base health has been increased to 150HP.
JGOD wasn’t the only player who noticed this change, with many replying that they had felt something was different too. “I knew they did something with the recent update,” tweeted one, while TrapGodTO admitted he felt the “time-to-kill had went up” too.
A higher TTK means it is harder to kill opponents, as you need to hit more shots accurately to wipe them out. The reason for this change remains unknown, but that hasn’t stopped players from speculating.
Some believe this change is directly linked to Warzone, where Raven buffed HP in Rebirth Island with the Reloaded patch. Others think Infinity Ward are testing different base healths for Modern Warfare 2. If that is the case, it’s likely we will have to wait for a multiplayer beta for confirmation.
Image credit: Infinity Ward
Which packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer? Full list
Modern Warfare is a huge game that players need a lot of storage for. Luckily, only certain Modern Warfare packs are needed for Multiplayer.
Knowing what data packs you need to download to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer can be quite confusing, so we put together a detailed list of what you need and how much space it takes up.
Call of Duty’s Multiplayer has been a fan favorite mode of the franchise pretty much since it was released, and although Modern Warfare isn’t the latest installment, players are still enjoying it.
With the Call of Duty games evolving every year, it’s only natural that the data needed is larger. Therefore, some players may be wondering what data packs they need solely for the Multiplayer mode.
What packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer?
In recent history, the developers have allowed players to pick and choose what data to download due to the huge amount of storage that the games take up.
This way, players who only play the Multiplayer can uninstall the data for the campaign and any other extra modes. This is great, as it prevents storage from being taken up modes you don’t play.
Luckily there isn’t much that players actually need to play Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s a list of all the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs you need to have downloaded:
- Base Game: 88.7 GB
- Multiplayer pack: 6.0 GB
- Multiplayer pack 2: 19.9 GB
- Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack: 21.3 GB
In total, this comes to 135.9 GB big and will require a sizable amount of your console storage.
For those on Xbox One, you will need all three of the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs mentioned above to run the Multiplayer mode.
For those on PC or PlayStation, you only need Data Pack 1 and the Multiplayer Pack 2 in order to run Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
So, for those who are either bored of Warzone like some popular streamers have been lately, you may want to head back over to the classic Multiplayer and give the new CX-9 SMG a try. With that being said, these are the data packs you’ll need to do so.
For more on Call of Duty, stay tuned on Charlie INTEL and check out our article on the best PC Settings for Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
Modern Warfare 2 shown to NFL prospects: Title confirmed & first impressions
As top prospects prepare for the NFL draft, they’re getting a first look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during a private CoD event.
NFL draft prospects are giving their first impressions of Modern Warfare 2 as they get an exclusive look at the new Call of Duty title.
Although Vanguard Season 3 has only just begun, Call of Duty players are already looking forward to the next installment in the franchise. The Modern Warfare series is beloved by many players across the globe, thus the excitement for Modern Warfare 2 is high.
There are certainly a ton of rumors beginning to swirl but thanks to a private CoD event for some of the NFL’s top draft prospects, we received an official title for the game as well as first impressions from the players lucky enough to sneak a peek.
We’ve known for a while that the next Call of Duty title is set to be a sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. Given the sequel association, most people began calling it Modern Warfare II. While this was in the right ballpark, the event finally confirmed that the title will be Modern Warfare 2.
In addition to title confirmation of the Infinity Ward developed game, several top prospects from the upcoming NFL draft took to social media to share thoughts and opinions on their first look at Modern Warfare 2.
The list of NFL prospects who got a glimpse of Modern Warfare 2 includes Ahmad Gardner, Aidan Hutchinson, and Bo Melton. Both Melton and Hutchinson posted pictures of themselves at the Las Vegas event.
Meanwhile, Gardner offered more details concerning the footage and claimed that “it was so realistic, it’s insane.” This lines up with a statement from an Activision briefing that claimed Modern Warfare 2 would be “the most advanced experience in franchise history.”
Only time will tell if this positive perception will hold up but CoD fans have a lot to be excited about.
For more on the upcoming CoD title, check out how a leaker claims SBMM will be reworked in Modern Warfare 2 or potential major changes to Perks.
Image Credit: Activision
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 13 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 13 is well underway, but who has dominated the pick rates for Season 13 of Respawn's battle...
How to earn CDL 2022 Major 4 viewership rewards for Vanguard & Warzone
Here's how you earn Vanguard and Warzone Weapon Blueprints and more by watching the Call of Duty League Major 4...
Apex Legends Season 13 Gaiden Thematic Event: Leaks, anime-themed cosmetics, more
Apex Legends is getting a brand-new thematic event in Season 13 which according to leaks, will being anime-themed cosmetics.