Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This patch update brings Season 5 content to the game.
The patch update is version 1.24. The patch is 36GB on PS4, 49.8GB on Xbox One, and 54.2GB (Modern Warfare owners) & 47.4GB (Warzone F2P) on PC.
Season 5 is live with this new update. Across the entire game, Season 5 brings a brand new Operator, new Battle Pass, and new Store bundles for players to explore and unlock. More info on the roadmap is here.
- Modern Warfare
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the ‘Headshots Only’ option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren’t functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the ‘Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak’ message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player’s choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We’ll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0″ RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM – Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player’s High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive ‘wallbang’ kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player’s physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the ‘Alive in Gas’ challenge timer
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE:
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly
- New restricted attachments:
- Muzzle – Suppressors (all)
- Optic – Thermal Sights (all)
- Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
CO-OP MODES (Tac Ops, Classic Special Operations, Survival):
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart – Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles’ Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Call of Duty player uses musical instruments as a controller
Call of Duty player, DeanoBeano, plays the game with various musical instruments. We had the opportunity to have a brief Q&A with him.
A Call of Duty player has discovered how to use musical instruments as a controller and has even killed enemy players with an assortment of different instruments.
Call of Duty is a game traditionally played with a mouse and keyboard or controller, but not for player DeanoBeano. Deano instead opts to play his Call of Duty games with musical instruments, such as drums, a recorder, and even bongos.
You can see one of his most popular clips below, where he manages to snipe a player in Modern Warfare, while using the drums.
DeanoBeano is clearly a one of a kind player, so we managed to get in contact with him and sit him down for a Q&A, where he details how he’s able to play the game with instruments, how he started, and more.
Q: How do you manage to get instruments to work as remotes?
Deano: I use instruments that I plug in to convert midi signals to keyboard commands, and acoustic instruments I control using pitch to midi, then midi to keyboard commands. The bongos were actually a controller from the GameCube games Donkey Konga and Donkey Kong Bongo Bash. (referring to the above clip)
CI: Can you explain Midi to our readers?
Deano: Midi is a signal that electric instruments send to computers and other instruments and devices that control sound to connect with each other.
Q: What originally gave you the idea to play Call of Duty with instruments?
Deano: I started drumming to gaming montages live on twitch about a year ago, so there was always an ongoing joke that I actually hit the clips with my drums.
Eventually, in August I figured out how to hook up my drums as a controller and after I started doing that, I figured it would be fun to try other instruments and odd controllers too.
Q: What are your future plans? Any new instruments you want to try?
Deano: My plan is to keep making Cold War multiplayer as fun as I can. Playing with a normal controller (especially solo) can be really tiring because of SBMM. I’m always looking at finding new ways to play the game, and I plan on bringing this to other games too. I’ll be using some new instruments and controllers soon.
Q: What’s your favorite instrument to play in games?
Deano: The recorder is my favorite instrument to play with at the moment. It makes the game pretty challenging but every kill and clip I get with it feels so rewarding.
Q: Do you actually play any musical instruments?
Deano: I do! I started with piano when I was a kid and later on picked up drums and got a Bachelor’s degree in music on drums. I play a little bit of trumpet (and recorder I guess haha) but not much.
That’s the end of our interview with Deano. To see more of his content, you can follow him on Twitter and watch his Twitch streams, where he appears to be most active. He also occasionally posts highlights of his streams to his YouTube channel.
How to play TikTok’s viral custom Call of Duty Gun Game mode
Don’t miss out on the new viral TikTok Gun Game sensation in CoD: Modern Warfare and here’s how you can play the custom mode too.
A fascinating new variation of Gun Game has been created and gone viral on TikTok. The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare custom mode has been revealed and we have these crazy settings for you to try out yourself.
It’s a testament to the longevity of Gun Game that gamers can still find ways to make an already legendary game mode even better.
The simplicity of Gun Game is what makes it so addictive and keeps you coming back for more. Well, with this new bespoke set of rules you can now make the mode even deeper and infinitely more stressful.
Custom TikTok Gun Game mode in CoD
From the balanced and equal footing you all start out on to the skill needed to get a kill with every weapon, Gun Game is such a simple concept that never gets old.
Each player starts off with the same weapon and attachments and every time you achieve a kill with your random weapon, you advance to the next weapon. This continues until one player has gotten a kill with every weapon, but if you get knifed, you go back a weapon.
But one of its biggest assets is the fear and dread it can instill in you with the thought of being knifed. Gun Game is all about momentum and so often you’ll have one person surge to double-digits in no time at all, and someone languishing on the starting weapon.
Add in melee kills that can set you back a weapon and the pressure is real.
This takes us to TikTok user thedillygang who has imposed his creation on the Call of Duty community that he calls “Blood Pressure”.
The aptly-named Gun Game creation warrants its name because it will affect your biology, it will sternly test your friendships and relationships, and probably the strudiness of your controller.
Gun Game “Blood Pressure” variation in Modern Warfare
- Scroll to “Private Match
- Then go to Trials & GameBattles at the bottom of Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer options
- Select Custom Game
- Make your way to Game Setup
- Choose a map
- Set mode to Gun Game – it can be found in Alternate Modes
- Go to Game in Game Rules and set the Time Limit to Unlimited
- Go to Player in Game Rules and set Max Health to 300 and Health Regeneration to Very Slow
- Go to Advanced in Game Rules and set Setbacks to 5 Weapons
- Select Option and make sure you save the mode for future use
- Play it and try not to throw your controller
Let’s be honest, if you’re playing this chaotic mode with your friends then it’s inevitable you’re all going to be trying to knife each other. So let’s reserve the violence for the video game, and enjoy this evil mode.
This can only be played in Modern Warfare at the moment due to the fact that Black Ops Cold War hasn’t added Gun Game yet. But when BOCW does indeed get the mode, then be sure to try Blood Pressure out.
Image credits: Activision Blizzard
How to unlock the CX-9 SMG in Modern Warfare early
You can currently add the CX-9 SMG to your inventory within Call of Duty Modern Warfare, before its official release.
The CX-9 is one of many leaked weapons that will be making their way to Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. There is a way for you to unlock this leaked SMG ahead of its official release.
Modern Warfare is arguably the most beloved title in the entire Call of Duty franchise, managing to become the highest-earning premium game of 2020. It’s the game that got many fans into the series in the first place, so it’s always exciting to see new leaked content.
A few CoD leaks in December 2020 revealed an early in-game look at three new weapons, the CX-9, Raal MG, and Sykov. While this content hasn’t been officially released, you can currently unlock the CX-9 SMG in-game.
The gun is based on the ‘Scorpion’ weapon from other CoD titles and will become available in both Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. Here’s how you can unlock the CX-9 for yourself.
How to unlock Modern Warfare’s CX-9 SMG
The key to unlocking this SMG is to complete a weapon challenge. Even though the gun hasn’t been officially released, your progress through this objective will be tracked within Modern Warfare anyway.
This in-game challenge requires you to score two longshot kills while using an SMG across five different matches. You can get this done by keeping your distance from the enemies that you’re tracking and then firing in bursts, rather than holding the trigger.
While this is different from how you would usually use an SMG, the challenge isn’t that hard to complete. You can easily score two kills this way in just a few matches. You may have already done this at some point without realizing it.
The game will track your progress and many players have reported this happening. Reddit user BKTOOR posted a clip of them using the CX-9 SMG in the Modern Warfare subreddit. They also showcased gameplay of the other weapons that were leaked back in December.
At the time of writing, it’s unclear when exactly we’ll see the new SMG make its way to Modern Warfare. While you can’t use the CX-9 in multiplayer yet, you can add it to your inventory so that it’s available to you on the day of its release.
If you’re feeling a bit impatient, then you’re in luck since there is a way to try it out early. You can purchase the weapon in Modern Warfare’s Spec Ops Survival mode, and see how it feels in the midst of combat.
As far as we know, this can only be completed in Modern Warfare multiplayer, but it’s possible it could work in Warzone too. Once we hear something official from the developers about the release of the CX-9 SMG and other leaked weapons, we’ll be sure to update this guide.
Image Credits: Activision & u/MightyJordanb
The best & worst Halo games, ranked
We ranked all of the main Halo games from worst to best. Here's our takes on which Halo games are...
Call of Duty 2021: everything we know
Here's everything we currently know about Call of Duty 2021, including the release dates, leaks, and the developers.
Fortnite Baby Yoda back bling being called ‘pay-to-lose’
The Baby Yoda back bling cosmetic in Fortnite Season 5 is plagued by a bug that is causing players to...