Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This patch update brings Season 5 content to the game.
The patch update is version 1.24. The patch is 36GB on PS4, 49.8GB on Xbox One, and 54.2GB (Modern Warfare owners) & 47.4GB (Warzone F2P) on PC.
Season 5 is live with this new update. Across the entire game, Season 5 brings a brand new Operator, new Battle Pass, and new Store bundles for players to explore and unlock. More info on the roadmap is here.
- Modern Warfare
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the ‘Headshots Only’ option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren’t functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the ‘Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak’ message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player’s choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We’ll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0″ RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM – Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player’s High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive ‘wallbang’ kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player’s physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the ‘Alive in Gas’ challenge timer
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE:
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly
- New restricted attachments:
- Muzzle – Suppressors (all)
- Optic – Thermal Sights (all)
- Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
CO-OP MODES (Tac Ops, Classic Special Operations, Survival):
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart – Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles’ Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare players disappointed with Soap Operator after long wait
The new Soap Operator is officially out for Modern Warfare and Warzone, but some players aren’t satisfied with the way he looks.
Modern Warfare and Warzone players have finally been gifted the long-awaited Soap Operator, but some believe it doesn’t quite look right.
For those who like the cosmetics, you may have been waiting for the new Modern Warfare Soap operator to drop. However, players don’t seem to be satisfied with it.
Ultimately many think that the new Modern Warfare Soap operator looks nothing like the original Soap from the original Modern Warfare series and wished he had a more similar look from the past.
The developers have either reworked the character and decided to change his appearance, or they have genuinely tried to recreate the classic Modern Warfare character and it just has not sit well with a large portion of the Call of Duty community.
When compared to the original Soap, they do genuinely look nothing alike, and you can see why people are jokingly calling this new Soap operator “shampoo/detergent.”
Players in the comments carried on the joke as well, with some saying: “That ain’t soap that’s deodorant.” Some were genuinely confused, asking: “That’s actually supposed to be soap?…”
Ultimately we think players are just dissatisfied with the detail in the character model, as the original Modern Warfare Soap has way more detail and depth, with a scar on his eye and a more recognizable face.
It’s a shame players aren’t happy with the new Modern Warfare Soap model. Hopefully, the developers can do something about it and give players more of a reason to buy the new operator.
For more on Modern Warfare and Warzone, stay tuned on Charlie INTEL and check out how you can unlock the new CX-9 SMG and how players are calling for the White Phosphorus killstreak to be removed or buffed.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
Best CX-9 loadout for Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 4
Here are the best attachments and Perks you can run with the highly-anticipated CX-9 SMG in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
The long-awaited CX-9 SMG has finally arrived in both Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4, so here are the best loadouts and Perks to use with it in each game.
The CX-9 was leaked alongside the Sykov Pistol, with players being able to unlock the weapons in both private matches and even Warzone. Devs teased the CX-9’s arrival in both the Payload gameplay trailer and Season 4 Reloaded patch notes, and now it’s arrived.
Players feared the CX-9 would be the next overpowered weapon, but devs have brought it in line with the Season 4 meta. It’s still extremely powerful in both Warzone and Modern Warfare multiplayer and is well-worth unlocking.
Here are the best attachments and perks to run with the CX-9 SMG in both Warzone and Modern Warfare multiplayer.
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
Best Warzone CX-9 attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FR
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 50 Round Drums
The CX-9 SMG is great in those close-quarters engagements, but due to the random nature of Warzone, we’ve built it to be a little bit more versatile.
To start, the CX-38S barrel has two major benefits. It’s already got a Monolithic Suppressor attached, which frees up a slot, and it improves almost every aspect of the weapon. You’ll see the CX-9 has a more effective range, recoil control, and your shots will be hidden from the minimap.
Next, we’ve added the Tac Laser and CX-FR stock. Your CX-9 will now be much quicker, allowing you to snap onto enemies even if they take you by surprise.
The Merc Foregrip is always a solid choice for Modern Warfare SMGs, as it improves both recoil control and hip-fire accuracy. And finally, the 50 Round Drums will allow you to down and kill multiple enemies without having to reload.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FA
- Ammunition: 30 Round Mags
- Perk: Sleight of Hand
This CX-9 is built almost purely for speed, but with a larger magazine and longer barrel for taking out targets at medium range.
To start, we’ve opted for the CX-38S barrel which improves almost every aspect of the CX-9. You’ll see a huge boost in damage range, bullet velocity, and even recoil control – while having your shots suppressed. The only downside is a slower ADS speed, which we’ll correct with the rest of the attachments.
Modern Warfare’s engagements usually take place in the confines of 6v6 maps, so you want a bit more speed with your weapon. To do this, we’ve opted for the Tac Laser and CX-FA stock. With these, your ADS speed, movement, and weapon stability will see a welcome improvement.
And finally, we’ve added the 30 Round Mags and Sleight of Hand Perk. The 30 Round Mag gives a solid boost to magazine size without slowing you down too much, and Sleight of Hand vastly increases your reload speed to keep you in the fight. If you want more bullets in your mag, you can always take the 50 Round Drums instead.
Best perks to run with the CX-9
Best Warzone CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
E.O.D will help you survive a barrage of explosives, keeping you in the fight at all times. Overkill will allow you to take the CX-9 alongside a long-range weapon such as the Krig 6, and then you can take Ghost from your next loadout to hide from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
Finally, the Amped Perk allows you to quickly switch between weapons so you’re never caught defenseless.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, E.O.D is vital to ensuring you don’t get taken out by a well-placed Frag Grenade or Semtex. Then, the Ghost Perk will make sure you can always remain stealthy when an enemy pops a UAV.
Last but not least, Battle Hardened significantly reduces the effect of Stuns and Flashbangs, so you’re never rendered defenseless by Tactical Grenades.
How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The CX-9 is a Modern Warfare weapon, so you won’t be able to unlock or use it in Black Ops Cold War. Luckily, it has an easy unlock requirement: Get 2 Longshot Kills while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
Because this is Modern Warfare, you don’t need to finish the match either. You can just get two longshot kills with an SMG, back out, and repeat until you’ve unlocked the weapon.
Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software
How to unlock CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare players can now unlock the CX-9 SMG to dominate all of their enemies, and here is how you can do it.
After a long time of waiting, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone players can now officially unlock the CX-9 SMG to add a new weapon to their loadouts, so here is how to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
The CX-9 SMG has been a major topic of discussion in the Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare communities, as the weapon has been leaked, teased, and available for a brief time in the Call of Duty battle royale before being removed without any official word.
However, August 3, 2021, saw this highly-anticipated SMG finally be added to the games officially along with the Soap Operator.
With this in mind, here is how you can unlock the CX-9 in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
How to unlock CX-9 in Warzone and Modern Warfare
Players will find that they have two different options to acquire the CX-9 in both Call of Duty games.
Your first option is to complete an in-game challenge that will grant you access to this powerful SMG once you have completed it. You can find the challenge for this SMG below:
- Modern Warfare Multiplayer/ Warzone: Get 2 Longshot KIlls while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
However, if you would like to get your hands on this SMG faster without completing the challenge above, there is another way to acquire this weapon.
How to get Serac CX-9 blueprint
Players can unlock the CX-9 instantly by purchasing the Soap Operator bundle in the store for either game, which will grant you access to the Serac blueprint for this SMG.
This Serac blueprint had been previously found in the files for both games, so its debut has been long-awaited by the Call of Duty community.
The Soap Operator Bundle that contains the Serac blueprint will cost you a total of 2,400 COD Points.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software / Infinity Ward
How to make Custom Blueprints with Cold War & Warzone’s Gunsmith Customs
With Gunsmith Customs, Cold War and Warzone lets you mix and match Blueprint attachments, so here's how to make your...
How to unlock the GTA Online Prize Ride vehicle
As part of the Los Santos Tuners update, players can now earn a Prize Ride vehicle, and here's how you...
How to equip a Detector & disable Alien billboards for Fortnite Quests
Here's where you can find Detectors and disable Alien billboards for Fortnite's Season 7 Week 9 Legendary Quest.