UPDATE: Michael Condrey has posted on Reddit what the team at SHG is working on after Day 3 of the WWII Beta Weekend 2.
Here’s the text of what he posted on Reddit, which includes some details on possible map changes, TDM score updates, weapon feedback, and more:
- As you know, we added a new mode to the Mosh Pit playlist – Kill Confirmed. For those of you who haven’t yet played, we encourage you to hop in and try it out! Mosh brings all of the fan favorite modes, now including KC. Its a great boots on the ground game mode, and the match data we’re getting is really helpful. So please be sure to spend some time in Mosh today.
- We’ve also noticed a number of you commenting that raising the PT score to 100 for TDM might be sub optimal. This was a community ask, and it felt like a good time to compare it to weekend one. We’ve spent nearly 3 years playing, and 75 felt better to us. By the end of weekend 2, we’re looking to lock the decision, so please let us know your thoughts.
- Some of you have expressed concern about the range play needed for the Aachen map. Personally, I enjoy Aachen within the larger map rotation we play at SHG. That said, we’re listening and may make some map changes as a result. Thanks again for staying constructive, it really helps!
- Many of you have commented that you love the changes we’ve made to sprint-out to ADS times. We’re glad we were able to improve this and that you’re enjoying it much more. We’re talking about flinch tuning as well, though we don’t have anything concrete to share yet.
- The M1928 is getting a lot of love. It is one of the most iconic weapons of WWII, and it’s great to see it in match. We’re glad you are enjoying playing with it. It’s a popular SMG at the studio. Though not the most popular. The Airborne Division prestige unlock weapon is pretty gassed.
- A lot of you have expressed that you love the main menu music. Thank you so much for noticing all the extra creative touches we’ve added. We had a lot of amazing recording sessions with a phenomenal orchestra at a premier symphony location in Nashville. I know they will be glad to hear about all the positive reactions the music is receiving!
- At 10am PST morning, we’re rolling out an update that includes an important fix to some audio timing on weapon fire rates. There is no actual changes to the weapon tuning, but the audio may sound different on certain weapons. Looking forward to your thoughts once it’s live.
In a new Reddit post, Michael Condrey has shared some updates following Day 2 of Weekend 2 of the WWII Beta. His full comments are viewable here, but in this article we wanted to share some of the bigger highlights.
Based upon fan feedback from the WWII Beta, Sledgehammer Games has announced they have made adjustments to the Hitmarker feedback for launch and are also working on flinch adjustments. Alongside this, there are many new control options will be coming to the game at launch:
- Bumper Jumper
- Bumper Jumper Tactical
- Stick and Move
- One-Hand Gunslinger
- N0M4D L3F7Y
All of the items listed above are coming for the game’s launch in November. For the beta, on Saturday, SHG will be rolling out updates to MP Beta with adjustments to ADS timing out of sprint based upon feedback.
Condrey also shared that all of the different maps in the final game will cater to different types of play styles and divisions. He shared few details on some new maps, which aren’t available in the beta.
It is important to us that throughout the maps coming at launch, players will experience iconic battle locations and face a variety of layouts to master. Flak Tower, which we showed at the Gamescom Competitive Exhibition is also very different from the Gustav Cannon, which we showed in the MP Reveal Trailer. So, get some time in on all five of the iconic Divisions in the MP Beta this weekend, you’ll want to have each ready to join the fight in November.
Warzone devs ‘fast-tracking’ fix for weapon glitch
Infinity Ward has posted a tweet confirming the studio is fast tracking a fix for the weapon glitch occurring in Call of Duty: Warzone, especially on PC.
The glitch blows the weapon’s polygon out of proportion when rendering causing it to block the entire screen.
This issue started to happen with the Season 5 update last week and is continuing to cause issues for many PC players. Many of the largest PC creators have voiced their frustration over the issue.
In a tweet, the studio confirms they are working to get out a fix ASAP.
A release time frame for this fix is not confirmed at the time of this writing, so stay tuned for updates.
Call of Duty: WWII now available for free with PS Plus on PS4
As announced on May 25, Call of Duty: WWII is one of the free games for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 for the month of June.
Call of Duty: WWII is now available for download on the PlayStation 4 store and is listed as free as long as you have an active PlayStation Plus membership on your account. Once you download it, it is yours to keep forever, as along as you maintain an active PlayStation Plus subscription.
Visit the PlayStation Store HERE to download. Players are also receiving 1,100 Call of Duty Points by downloading Call of Duty: WWII.
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII – a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.
Call of Duty®: WWII creates the definitive World War II next generation experience across three different game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative. Featuring stunning visuals, the Campaign transports players to the European theater. Multiplayer marks a return to original, boots-on-the ground Call of Duty® gameplay. Authentic weapons and traditional run-and-gun action immerse you in a vast array of World War II–themed locations.
Call of Duty: WWII was first released in 2017 and developed by Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. The title was Call of Duty’s big venture back to its roots of WWII era since the original release.
Call of Duty: WWII features a full campaign experience, multiplayer experience with new modes like War mode and Headquarters social space, and the co-op Nazi Zombies experience.
The base game is included with PS Plus, and there’s four DLC packs for Call of Duty: WWII also available as an add-on purchase with additional MP maps, War mode maps, and Nazi Zombies experiences.
Call of Duty: WWII is available for FREE with PlayStation Plus from now through Tuesday, July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII will be FREE with PlayStation Plus on PS4 in June
PlayStation has announced that a Call of Duty game will be FREE with PlayStation Plus for PlayStation 4 players in June.
The company has announced that the 2017 release of Call of Duty: WWII will be one of the PlayStation Plus free games in June.
Players on PlayStation 4 who are PS Plus subscribers will be able to download and play Call of Duty: WWII for FREE starting Tuesday, May 26 from the PlayStation 4 store on their console.
Once you download it, you can own it permanently as long as you have an active PS+ membership. The offer to download this expires July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII first released on November 2017 and was Sledgehammer Games’ last Call of Duty game release. The title debuted as one of the best selling Call of Duty games on this generation, featuring a campaign taking players back to WWII-era, multiplayer with War mode and Headquarters social place, alongside Nazi Zombies.
Call of Duty: WWII is the third free Call of Duty title for PS Plus members in history. The first was Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in June 2018, followed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered in March 2019.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 Update: Patch Notes
Infinity Ward is releasing the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone at...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 PlayStation exclusive content
PlayStation Blog has announced the latest batch of exclusive content for PlayStation users in Modern Warfare and Warzone. Activision has...
Modern Warfare Survival mode available October 1 on all platforms
Activision has officially announced that Modern Warfare’s Survival mode, which launched on PlayStation only, is now coming to all platforms....