Sledgehammer Games has posted their latest weekly update, with new information about what’s coming with tomorrow’s new game update for Call of Duty: WWII.
The new update is set to bring changes, fixes, and new content for Call of Duty: WWII, starting with the new St. Patrick’s Day event. The new in-game event, Operation: Shamrock and Awe, will go live tomorrow, bringing with it a new content and more.
There are BIG Quartermaster Changes that are coming March 13:
- Increased Number of Weapons & Premium Content per Update – SHG is increasing the number of new ranged weapons, more cosmetic weapon variants, and themed uniforms being added, in order to increase the amount of items in those categories.
- More Ways to Earn Weapons – SHG is offering a variety of paths to obtain the most-wanted weapons and weapon variants in-game as more will be made available via Orders and Contracts, in addition to existing Weapon Collections and Supply Drops.
- Lowered Duplicate Rates – SHG plans to reduce the frequency of duplicates players receive within Supply Drops to deliver more new content in every drop.
- Rebalanced Category Reward Rates – This will ensure you are getting a wider variety of content categories within every drop, which will make the unboxing experience more satisfying (we heard you on what it feels like to get triple duplicate pistol grips).
- New Special Orders – The feedback on certain weapons being available only via Common Supply Drops and how hard they are to get has been heard, and SHG are moving these into Special Orders so that they are easier to access.
- New Categories of Items – SHG will have more ways to customize your solider and loadout with the introduction of weapon charms, camos, and reticles.
- Content Changes – SHG is removing gold foil calling cards and won’t be adding new pistol grips to the loot pool.
- Armory Drops – SHG are adding a new Supply Drop type called “Armory Drops.” These will function a lot like Bribes but can be obtained for Armory Credits.
Operation: Shamrock and Awe will go live tomorrow. Here’s a sneak peek of some of the content coming.
Warzone devs ‘fast-tracking’ fix for weapon glitch
Infinity Ward has posted a tweet confirming the studio is fast tracking a fix for the weapon glitch occurring in Call of Duty: Warzone, especially on PC.
The glitch blows the weapon’s polygon out of proportion when rendering causing it to block the entire screen.
This issue started to happen with the Season 5 update last week and is continuing to cause issues for many PC players. Many of the largest PC creators have voiced their frustration over the issue.
In a tweet, the studio confirms they are working to get out a fix ASAP.
A release time frame for this fix is not confirmed at the time of this writing, so stay tuned for updates.
Call of Duty: WWII now available for free with PS Plus on PS4
As announced on May 25, Call of Duty: WWII is one of the free games for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 for the month of June.
Call of Duty: WWII is now available for download on the PlayStation 4 store and is listed as free as long as you have an active PlayStation Plus membership on your account. Once you download it, it is yours to keep forever, as along as you maintain an active PlayStation Plus subscription.
Visit the PlayStation Store HERE to download. Players are also receiving 1,100 Call of Duty Points by downloading Call of Duty: WWII.
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII – a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.
Call of Duty®: WWII creates the definitive World War II next generation experience across three different game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative. Featuring stunning visuals, the Campaign transports players to the European theater. Multiplayer marks a return to original, boots-on-the ground Call of Duty® gameplay. Authentic weapons and traditional run-and-gun action immerse you in a vast array of World War II–themed locations.
Call of Duty: WWII was first released in 2017 and developed by Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. The title was Call of Duty’s big venture back to its roots of WWII era since the original release.
Call of Duty: WWII features a full campaign experience, multiplayer experience with new modes like War mode and Headquarters social space, and the co-op Nazi Zombies experience.
The base game is included with PS Plus, and there’s four DLC packs for Call of Duty: WWII also available as an add-on purchase with additional MP maps, War mode maps, and Nazi Zombies experiences.
Call of Duty: WWII is available for FREE with PlayStation Plus from now through Tuesday, July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII will be FREE with PlayStation Plus on PS4 in June
PlayStation has announced that a Call of Duty game will be FREE with PlayStation Plus for PlayStation 4 players in June.
The company has announced that the 2017 release of Call of Duty: WWII will be one of the PlayStation Plus free games in June.
Players on PlayStation 4 who are PS Plus subscribers will be able to download and play Call of Duty: WWII for FREE starting Tuesday, May 26 from the PlayStation 4 store on their console.
Once you download it, you can own it permanently as long as you have an active PS+ membership. The offer to download this expires July 6.
Call of Duty: WWII first released on November 2017 and was Sledgehammer Games’ last Call of Duty game release. The title debuted as one of the best selling Call of Duty games on this generation, featuring a campaign taking players back to WWII-era, multiplayer with War mode and Headquarters social place, alongside Nazi Zombies.
Call of Duty: WWII is the third free Call of Duty title for PS Plus members in history. The first was Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in June 2018, followed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered in March 2019.
Best weapons and perks to use in Black Ops Cold War’s Nuketown ’84
The chaos has ensued in Nuketown '84, so we've put together the weapons and perks you should be using to...
How to unlock Destiny 2: Beyond Light’s Salvation’s Grip grenade launcher
Make sure you're not missing out on crucial content by using our Destiny 2: Beyond Light guide on obtaining Salvation's...
Apex Legends dev responds to calls for Wattson to be reworked
The Apex Legends community have asked for legend Wattson to be reworked and made more viable, but a senior developer...