UPDATE: To fully clarify, the code in the retail boxes will be included with ALL editions of Ghosts for PS3. (Collector’s or Standard). The season pass will transfer over separately from the game upgrade offer.
Earlier this week, Activision revealed all the outlets in which you’ll be able to upgrade your copy of Ghosts from PS3 to the PS4 version. One of the options was with Sony’s Upgrade Plan. Today, Sony has revealed the full details on how their upgrade plan will work.
Retails Disc Version of PS3 to Digital of PS4:
If you buy the retail disc version of Ghosts for PS3, you’ll be able to upgrade to the PS4 digital version for just $9.99. Each PS3 box will contain a special code, which you enter into the PlayStation Store, that will give you the discounted price on the PS4 version. Once the PS4 version becomes available, you have to download the digital version of Ghosts for PS4, and you have to enter your PS3 disc into the PS4 in order to play the game.
Step 1: Disc Only:
- Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or log in to PlayStation Network using your existing PlayStation Network ID account).
- Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS3™ system home screen.
- Step 3: On PlayStation Store, select ‘Redeem Codes’ at the bottom of the menu.
- Step 4: Enter the voucher code (“Code”) exactly as it appears on the voucher.
- Step 5: Once the Code has been entered correctly, select ‘Continue’ on the dialog box.
- Step 6: Select ‘Confirm’ to accept the Terms of Service.
- Step 7: Select ‘Continue’ to complete Code redemption.
- Step 8: The Code redemption is now complete. The Code cannot be used again or associated with a different SEN account. Once you have your PS4™ system, you can proceed with the next step.
Step 2: TO DOWNLOAD PS4™ VERSION OF GAME:
- Step 1: On your PS4™ system, register the PS4™ system with the SEN account through which you redeemed the Code.
- Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS4™ system home screen.
- Step 3: Search for the name of the game on PlayStation Store and select ‘Purchase’ to download digital version of the same game to your PS4™ system hard drive. The discounted price will be deducted from your network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement.
- Step 4: Insert the PS3™ game disc into your PS4™ system**.
**PS3™ game disc required to play digital version of the game on your PS4™ system.
Digital Version of PS3 to Digital Version of PS4:
If you plan on going from the digital version of Ghosts for PS3 to digital version of Ghosts for PS4, all you have to do is download the PS3 version off the store. Once you do that, the PS4 version will automatically be available for a discounted price to download.
- Step 1: Buy or pre-order* the PS3™ digital version of the game from PlayStation®Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
- Step 2: In PlayStation®Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4™ digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts who purchased the PS3™ Digital version of the game from the PlayStation®Store.
- Step 3: Buy or pre-order** the PS4™ digital version of the game at the special offer price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.
This offer to upgrade expires on March 31st for Call of Duty: Ghosts.
When will Call of Duty games be added to Xbox Game Pass?
After Microsoft’s $70 billion purchase of Activision Blizzard, CoD fans are wondering when the franchise will be added to Xbox Game Pass.
On January 18, Microsoft stunned the gaming community with a reported $70 billion purchase of Activision Blizzard which has left gamers wondering when Call of Duty games will be added to Xbox Game Pass.
The shocking news of Microsoft’s takeover will have massive implications on the Call of Duty franchise moving forward. Early reports from Microsoft suggest that they currently do not have plans of making Call of Duty an Xbox exclusive.
When will Call of Duty games be added to Xbox Game Pass
At the moment there is no official date for when Call of Duty will be added to Xbox Game Pass. However, we will be updating this article as more information about Microsoft’s future plans are revealed.
It’s being reported that the buyout should be complete before June 2023 therefore CoD 2023 may turn out to be the first title to appear on Xbox Game Pass.
Xbox Game Pass is Microsoft’s video game subscription service that launched in 2017. For a monthly fee, gamers are granted access to a rotating catalog of games. This service isn’t exclusive to Xbox console owners as Android, iOS devices, and PC players can also access the subscription.
Although the takeover still needs to be finalized, Call of Duty fans are already eagerly anticipating the possibility that future Call of Duty games will make their way to Xbox Game Pass.
Obviously, the benefit of adding Call of Duty to the Xbox Game Pass catalog is not lost on fans of the franchise. Not only would they save money but the day one access is a significant bonus for longtime CoD fans.
For more Call of Duty news check out how a CoD leaker revealed a possible Modern Warfare 2 early release date after Vanguard issues.
Image Credits: Activision / Microsoft
Microsoft to acquire Call of Duty publisher Activision Blizzard
Microsoft have officially announced that they have acquired Call of Duty publisher Activision Blizzard in a deal costing nearly $70 billion.
Microsoft has announced that they’re set to acquire Call of Duty publisher Activision Blizzard in a deal nearing $70 billion.
Xbox owner Microsoft has announced that they’re taking over Activision Blizzard, the publisher behind Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and Overwatch.
Microsoft said on January 18, 2022, that they’re acquiring Activision, Blizzard, and King for nearly $70 billion to “bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone, across every device.” They’ve also announced plans to bring Activision Blizzard titles to Xbox Game Pass in the future.
In a post on the Xbox website, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer said that “we will offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can within Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog.”
And not only that, they said that “Microsoft and Activision Blizzard will empower players to enjoy the most-immersive franchises, like “Halo” and “Warcraft,” virtually anywhere they want.” We’ll need to wait and see how involved Activision Blizzard will be with Microsoft’s franchises such as Halo.
Activision currently have a partnership with Sony, giving Call of Duty players on PlayStation exclusive cosmetics, Double XP events, and more. With Activision moving to Microsoft, the Sony deal will presumably end.
But, it’s unlikely that Call of Duty will become Xbox and PC exclusive, as Microsoft said: “Activision Blizzard games are enjoyed on a variety of platforms and we plan to continue to support those communities moving forward.”
The deal will cost Microsoft “$95.00 per share, in an all-cash transaction valued at $68.7 billion,” which makes it “the world’s third-largest gaming company by revenue, behind Tencent and Sony.”
Phil Spencer said that “until this transaction closes, Activision Blizzard and Microsoft Gaming will continue to operate independently.” Current CEO Bobby Kotick will remain in charge, but once the deal, which is set to close in the fiscal year 2023, is completed, Activision Blizzard will report to Spencer.
Activision Blizzard is currently being investigated by the SEC over sexual misconduct and discrimination allegations. Phil Spencer announced, “Microsoft is committed to our journey for inclusion in every aspect of gaming, among both employees and players” and said that “We hold all teams, and all leaders, to this commitment.”
This is a developing story, so we’re likely to know more about the deal in the coming months.
Image Credit: Activision / Microsoft
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased in-game using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Christmas skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailers stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your character regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who still have CoD Points in their account from Black Ops Cold War don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when turning to Vanguard.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Vanguard and Warzone Pacific are currently in Season 1 at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 1, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
Vanguard players beg devs to add classic CoD game modes
Vanguard players want to see these fan-favorite game modes from previous CoDs return with the upcoming Season 2 update.
How to get Apex Legends Twitch Prime Gaming rewards: January 2022
Here's how you can get Apex Legends Pathfinder Core Crafted Prime Gaming bundle during January, as well as all its...
Best Cooper Carbine loadout for Warzone Pacific Caldera
Here are the best attachment, Perks, and Equipment to run with Warzone Pacific Caldera's Cooper Carbine Assault Rifle.