Update: VICE News reports that, according to their sources, over 20,000 accounts were banned as part of the new ban wave that occurred recently. This ban wave was in part due to new detection of the EngineOwning cheats.
VICE echos what we originally wrote too, stating that their sources also state Wagnificentt’s ban was in part because of the EngineOwning cheat being detected.
Here’s what their report had to say:
People familiar with the matter told Motherboard that Wagner was a user of a specific cheat, called EngineOwning, that was detected by Activision. That’s what prompted his ban.
An Activision spokesperson confirmed to VICE that a ban wave was issued on Monday, September 28, as the company continues to crack down on cheating in Call of Duty.
This morning, we reported that a popular Call of Duty: Warzone cheat site EngineOwning was being detected by Activision and Infinity Ward.
EngineOwning site updated their status page earlier this week to state that Modern Warfare and Warzone are no longer ‘safe’ to use their cheats as their cheats are now “detectable.”
With this being change, Infinity Ward appears to have sent out a ban wave over the weekend for all those using this cheat site’s software. Users of ‘EngineOwning’ on the forum have said that they want a ‘refund’ from EngineOwning for false advertisement.
One of the users who was part of this ban wave is an upcoming streamer known as ‘Wagnificentt.’ He posted on socials that his account was ‘permanently’ banned from accessing Warzone on September 28.
He claims in a tweet he was “falsely banned” and “deeply confused” about his ban. The tweet was met with many of his fans responding asking Activision to free his account.
However, according to what we’ve heard, Wagnificentt’s ban was part of the ban wave that was issued after the studio started detecting EngineOwning cheats in Call of Duty: Warzone.
A feature of EngineOwning that has been called out is the site could not be detected on streams. This meant followers who were watching streamers could not identify cheats themselves while viewing.
He since posted another tweet, which is now deleted, saying it is “ignorant” to “ignore everyone” that is banned close to a ban wave being the cause of his own ban.
His tweet says “it needs to be addressed” as to why he was banned, but we’re not sure if the studio plans to publicly address each ban wave that goes out.
We have no information suggesting he actually used any cheats, but we are able to report that his ban was part of this specific ban wave itself. There has been false bans reportedly occurring in the past, and the studios have been evaluating all of them on a case by case basis.
We have no other information to share on this ban wave at this time. We will update if we learn more information or if there is a public statement released by either Activision or Infinity Ward.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Warzone Season 6 Combat Pack available for PS Plus members
PlayStation Plus players can get another exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone customization pack.
This pack is available only for PS4 PlayStation Plus members for Season 6 of the game.
Grab an Operator Skin, Weapon Blueprint, and other in-game accessories to show off your style.
Survive the Gulag in Warzone or fight to secure the victory in Multiplayer bundle that is free for all Playstation Plus subscribers. Download the Pack by going to the Franchise section of the Store and scroll down to the Miscellaneous section.
The new Combat Pack includes:
- Epic Rodion ‘Red Death’ skin (This skin unlocks the Operator, if not already owned)
- Epic ‘Shivvie’ Melee Weapon
- Epic ‘Slipshod’ Handgun Weapon Blueprint
- Epic ‘Ball and Chain’ Charm
- Epic ‘Don’t Back Down’ Calling Card
- Epic ‘Gulag’ Emblem
- Epic ‘Inside Job’ Sticker
- 60 Minute Double XP Token
The Combat Pack is a PlayStation Exclusive until December 1, 2020.
PlayStation Plus subscribers can get the new Warzone Combat Pack on the PlayStation Store here or by visiting the in-game store then Franchise Store at the end of the list.
PS+ Membership required to get the Combat Pack.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...
Call of Duty: Mobile surpasses 300 million downloads
Activision Blizzard has revealed that Call of Duty: Mobile has reached a new milestone. In a tweet celebrating one year...