CAUTION SPOILERS! This post contains possible spoilers for the Campaign and Zombies mode of Call of Duty: WWII. PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
– SPOILERS BELOW –
ExoPhase has posted the official trophies for Call of Duty: WWII. The trophies reveal that the Zombies map in Call of Duty: WWII is called “The Final Reich” and also reveal different campaign missions and more. There also appears to be trophies for War mode maps.
- VE: Earn all available trophies for Call of Duty®: WWII
- Friend in Need: Request Zussman to toss you First Aid Kits 30 times.
- I See Movement!: Request Pierson to spot enemies 25 times.
- Praise and Pass: Request Turner to toss you ammo 20 times.
- School of Hard Knocks: Request Stiles to toss you grenades 15 times.
- Who Needs a Pendant?: Request Aiello to toss you signal smoke and call in mortar strikes 10 times.
- Potato Masher: Save 5 allies by throwing away a live enemy grenade.
- Chain Smoker: Disable 50 enemies using smoke grenades.
- I’ve Got You!: Drag 9 unique allies to safety.
- Quarter Given: Get 4 unique groups of enemies to surrender.
- Rescuer: Save 10 unique allies locked in struggle.
- Pieces of History: Collect all 33 mementos.
- Slow and Steady: Spend 3 minutes using Focus in the campaign.
- Distinguished Service: Complete the game on Veteran difficulty.
- Long Way from Texas: Complete D-Day.
- One of the Lucky Few: Breach the seawall in under 2 minutes without taking MG fire.
- The Paddle: Complete Operation Cobra.
- Ack Ack: Protect your tanks by shooting down all planes in Operation Cobra.
- No Sanctuary:VComplete Stronghold.
- Marksman: Cover Zussman from the church without missing a shot in Stronghold.
- Last Stop: Complete S.O.E.
- Sunday Driver: Complete the driving portion of S.O.E. without hitting any obstacles.
- Champagne and Caviar: Complete Liberation.
- Silent Night: Sneak through the courtyard undetected in Liberation.
- Human Cost: Complete Collateral Damage.
- Gasoline Cowboy: Rescue your allies with the Sherman while keeping your armor above 80% in Collateral Damage.
- Death Factory: Complete Death Factory.
- Fog of War: Sneak through the Dragon’s Teeth undetected in Death Factory.
- Our Men: Complete Hill 493.
- Suppressive Fire!: Successfully escort the pole charge engineer to the pillbox in Hill 493.
- Worst Christmas Ever: Complete Battle of the Bulge.
- Flyboy: Protect the bombers by personally shooting down 12 enemy planes in Battle of the Bulge.
- No Sacrifice Too Great: Complete Ambush.
- Infiltrated: Reach the sniper perch without being detected in Ambush.
- To the End: Complete the campaign.
- Defender: Protect the convoy by shooting down all the planes in The Rhine.
- Buck Private: Get 10 kills in Multiplayer while playing online.
- Ricky Recruit: Complete 21 daily challenges in Headquarters.
- General of the Army: Enter Prestige 1 in Multiplayer while playing online.
- Tour of Duty: Win 5 War matches in Multiplayer while playing online.
- Divisional Commander: Prestige a Division in Multiplayer when playing online.
- Fireworks: In The Final Reich, retrieve the artifact.
- Dark Reunion: In The Final Reich, save Klaus.
- Pressure Cooker: In Prologue, survive until wave 20.
- Red Mist: In The Final Reich, get 10 kills from a single Bomber’s explosion.
- Dark Arts: In The Final Reich, build all variants of the Tesla Gun.
- Strike!: In The Final Reich, knock over 10 zombies with a Wüstling charge.
- Lurking Around: In The Final Reich, find and shoot Dr. Straub.
- Undertaker: In The Final Reich, kill the Bomber with the shovel.
- Lightning Handler: In The Final Reich, build a Tesla Gun.
- White Knuckles: In The Final Reich, survive 3 Pest waves in a single match without getting hit.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Fortnite Rift Tour event: Schedule, quests, rewards & more
The Fortnite Rift Tour event is going to be bringing a ton of musical excitement to the popular game, and...
Modern Warfare players want one change for Ground War to fix spawn trapping
Modern Warfare players are calling for the developers to make a change in the Ground War mode to help ease...
Battlefield 2042 will not have a Rental Server Program
Battlefield 2042 will release without a Rental Server Program, leaving some players and fans alike disappointed with the news.