Every month PS3 players are left wondering when they’ll get their chance to call in their first killstreak in the brand new DLC map. And every month Xbox players respond to their cries to Activision and tell them to be patient, which is easy to say when your’re bored of the new maps already. Our staff writer Keshav (@Kkiller14) is the only PS3 player on the staff and is a loud voice in the PS3 community and is one of those people fighting the losing battle between PS3 and Activision. Rather then hear his pleas to Activision every month, I challenged him to a debate to settle the war once and for all… I’m not holding back…
The “Xbox VS. PS3” Debate:
Xbox 360 (Victor)
Keshav, Im not even sure where to start.. PS3 will always be second to Xbox, in releases, announcements, and marketing and this should be no surprise. Back on June 1st, 2009 at the E3 Modern Warfare 2 event, Activision and Microsoft announced an exclusive deal to receive DLC first which was eventually renewed on June 14th, 2010 before Black Ops was released. The deal granted exclusive rights to Microsoft which expires at the end of THIS year. PS3 WILL always get DLC and announcements but approximately 1 month after Xbox..
It is very easy to say “PS3 will always be second to Xbox”. And Activision knows that the PS3 community is much bigger than Xbox players think. Looking at sales numbers over 11 million MW3 copies sold for ONLY PS3. 11 MILLION. PS3 players are the exact same as Xbox players. Both consoles are excellent. Where does the issue come then? $$$. The folks at Activision care about money, and money only. They could care less about the community. PS3 players have always wanted things, DLC. Ok MW2/BlackOps we got DLC second sure. We ALL had to pay $15. For MW3 NO. We ALL paid $50 for Elite. And Elite has not delivered anything but DLC. It took Activision until MARCH 2012 to tell us that we are getting DLC from Feb to Oct. Not when we bought ELITE…
Xbox 360 (Victor)
Money? Of course all they care about is money? LOL They’re a BUSINESS!.. Their main focus is profit, not the community. The fact is, Microsoft cared more about the community then Sony did because they paid up. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at SONY for not paying for other exclusives. Instead, Sony thought Battlefield 3 would be a better investment and gave their money to EA, we all know how well that worked.. I do concede however to “PS3-ELiTE delay not being properly explained” when ELiTE was sold, Activision should have made that more clear to PS3 buyers BEFORE Nov. 8th.
Misleading is simply the most outright complaint we have. The Beachhead updated their FAQs one week before launch stating PS3 Elite members still get DLC later. I understand the business non-sense but giving 11 MILLION players a “stay tuned” every day isn’t going to work much longer. I do not understand that. We all want equality like the Call of Duty: World at War days. DLC same time for everyone. But adding all this together PS3 players feel “ignored” “hated-on” by ATVI. They do not apologize. They just say “oh yeah wait hold on” “your DLC is coming” or “coming to other platforms at a later date”. WHAT IS THAT LATER DATE! That’s the problem with ATVI. Cannot be transparent with other platforms..
P.S: I am not even gonna start about how PC players feel ;P
Xbox 360 (Victor)
Your constant pleas to Activision are going unheard. Activision has had a marketing plan since before MW3 was even released. Im sure they probably already have a secret calendar somewhere which indicates when all the maps will come out, and when all the announcements will occur. Fact is, the exclusive contract (which no one has seen because its not public) probably indicates that they are not allowed to promote/discuss/or acknowledge PS3 DLC till a month after Xbox which is why you hear “stay tuned” a lot.. A contract is a legal binding document, more then likely Activision has heard the PS3 community the last 3 years but they cant do anything about it until the contract expires..
To close: Activision needs to become transparent with the PS3 fans. TRANSPARENT is what we PS3/PC players want. Come Fall 2012 ATVI will be supporting TWO Sony devices with CoD. PS3 & PS VITA, and ONE from MS. We want something from ATVI other than “stay tuned” 4 weeks after Xbox got Collection 1. FOUR WEEKS. NOT ONE DAY. FOUR WEEKS. The time for Activision to put a date on the content on a website and not publicly announce is enough. Enough is enough with ATVI making PS3 players feel ripped off. And to state this, ATVI only does this non-sense to PS3 players on their most profitable series, Call of Duty. Hm…
Xbox 360 (Victor)
This one is gonna sting.. The exclusive agreement is almost 2 1/2 years old, which means you had 30 months to buy an Xbox 360 if you really cared about Call of Duty and getting DLC as soon as possible. You chose to purchase a PS3, probably because of other great games like Uncharted and..and.. well the point is you always have a choice to get DLC on day one, it just needs to be on a Xbox 360 with the other 12.8 million Call of Duty fans.
I agree, Activision should have announced BEFORE Nov 8th that PS3 ELiTE subscribers will still be getting DLC a month after XBox, even with the ELiTE “get DLC first” promo. The only point Im trying to make, is that NOTHING will change until after December 31st, 2012. The only argument that should be made is “why weren’t we told BEFORE Nov 8th?” and asking for dates and PS3 announcements now will be a waste of time…
So, who won? Pick your side and voice your opinions in the comments below
Portable Redeploy Balloon coming soon in Warzone Season 4
Warzone Season 4 will offer players another way to get around the map, with Portable Redeploy Balloons set to arrive later in the season.
Warzone players are set to receive another way to get around Caldera in Season 4, with Portable Redeploy Balloons scheduled to arrive later in the season.
Warzone’s Caldera has undergone a major facelift for Season 4, with plenty of map changes designed to make it easier and more enjoyable to play. Despite that, the island is still huge, and getting around without a vehicle can be a frustrating experience.
One of the ways that Raven attempted to combat this issue was by taking inspiration from another battle royale. Apex Legends fans instantly recognized Warzone’s Redeploy Balloons, which allowed players to zip up a rope and get launched into the air.
Since their introduction in Season 2, these balloons have been in specific places that players needed to head to. That’s set to change later in Warzone Season 4.
Portable Redeploy Balloons will give players the chance to fly into the air at any time, as long as they have one of these useful tools in their inventory. They can be placed anywhere on the island, and will immediately allow for some great rotational movement.
- Read More: Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass
They won’t hang around on the map forever though, as they will despawn after a certain amount of time, although the length of their existence hasn’t been confirmed just yet.
Players will also be able to destroy them, which could stop enemies from getting away, or stop opponents from following you.
Unfortunately, Portable Redeploy Balloons won’t be in Warzone with the Season 4 patch, with Raven confirming that they would arrive “later in season.”
It’s possible we may see this item in the mid-season update, but the developers didn’t give an exact release date, so as soon as we know we’ll be sure to update you.
Image Credits: Raven Software
Vanguard players are sick of “similar” weapons after Season 4 roadmap reveal
Vanguard players have called for more variety in the post-launch weapons after seeing the roadmap for Season 4.
Brand-new weapons have steadily been rolling out into CoD Vanguard with each new update. But after it was announced that Season 4 will add yet another SMG and LMG to the game, players are calling on the devs to mix it up a bit.
Vanguard Season 4 is set to drop on June 22, and it’s set to mark the return of classic Zombies map Shi no Numa, and the fan-favorite Gun Game mode. It’s also coming with two brand-new weapons on day one, with more to come later down the line.
New weapons are always welcome, but some Vanguard players are tired of the devs adding similar guns in each update and have demanded more variety in later seasons.
Following the announcement of the Season 4 roadmap, which features Marco 5 SMG and UGM-8 LMG on launch day, Reddit user Theworldrotates posted to criticize the new weapons.
“We do not need another SMG. Back to back, we’ve gotten similar function LMGs,” said the OP. “How about a new Shotgun or Assault Rifle?”
They accompanied the post with a screenshot of some of the other weapons that have come since Vanguard’s release. The H4 Blixen, Armaguerra 43, and Welgun have all been added post-launch, all of which are close-range SMGs that “look similar and act similarly.”
Other commentators pointed out a number of iconic WWII-era weapons that are still missing from Vanguard’s roster that would work well as Battle Pass unlocks.
“Wtf are these guns? I want the FG-42 and the Springfield. And I’m pretty sure Arthur is holding a Lee-Enfield on the box art, lol,” said one Redditor.
“How about Lewis gun, M1 carbine, FG-42, Grease Gun, Lee Enfield, m1903 Springfield, M1941 Johnson, MG-15, MP-28, or even a Winchester lever-action?” replied another.
A new Assault Rifle is coming later in Vanguard Season 4 in the form of the Vargo-S. However, it’s hard to argue that SMGs, in particular, have dominated the post-launch content.
With a few more seasons left before the release of Moder Warfare 2 later this year, fans will be hoping that the developers look elsewhere and add a wider variety of classic guns.
Image credits: Activision
PlayStation Plus games lineup: All PS Plus Extra & Premium titles
Sony have revealed the lineup of games that will be available with the new and improved version of PlayStation Plus.
The PlayStation Plus subscription service will undergo various changes, and here’s a list of PS Plus games you can expect to have access to following the overhaul.
Throughout the months of May and June, Sony will be rolling out a revamped version of PlayStation Plus. The core concept for the service will remain unchanged but Sony are introducing subscription tiers to PS Plus.
This means the massive catalog of games available to PS Plus subscribers will depend on which of the three options you select. We’ll go through the different tier options below, and detail all the PS Plus games that will be available at launch.
PlayStation Plus changes & tiers explained
PlayStation Plus has always offered an all-encompassing service to those who subscribe. That’s all going to change as players will soon have the chance to choose between three different tiers. Essentially, you’ll be able to choose the tier that best suits your needs.
PlayStation Plus Essential is the lowest tier on offer and it is the option that is comparable to the current service. If you’re happy with your current PS Plus subscription and are not interested in new features, Essential is the way to go.
If you’re looking for more content like a massive library of games, then you’ll want to look into the Extra and Premium tiers. Extra will grant you access to a catalog of PS4 and PS5 games, while Premium will also add PS3, PS2, PSP, and PlayStation libraries to the mix.
To find out which tier is right for you and how much each tier costs per month you can visit the PlayStation blog that details the changes coming to PS Plus in the summer of 2022.
All PS Plus games list: Premium & Extra catalog
While the focus is definitely on PlayStation games whose studios are affiliated with Sony like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Uncharted, you’ll also be pleasantly surprised to see third-party titles available via PS Plus.
Games like Mortal Kombat 11, NBA 2K22, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are not out of reach for players who opt for PlayStation Plus’ Extra or Premium tiers. You’ll be able to access this incredible library of games seen below for a monthly fee.
PlayStation Plus Premium Games
- Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation
PlayStation Studios (remasters)
- Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- FantaVision | SIE, PS4
- Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
- Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
- Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
- Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4
Third Party Partners (remasters)
- Baja: Edge of Control HD | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Lego Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4
PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium Games
While the Sony blog wasn’t clear on the fact, it seems that games with asterisks beside their names will only be available to PlayStation Premium members, which is the highest tier available. We’ll update this section with official confirmation once we know more about the situation.
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4
While these are the titles expected to be available when the new version of PlayStation Plus launches, don’t be surprised to see this extensive catalog updated with brand-new games as months go by.
Keep an eye out for the new iteration of PS Plus to launch on June 13 in NA, and June 23 in Europe.
For more gaming news, check out how Elden Ring dethroned Vanguard as the best-selling game of the last year.
Image Credits: Ubisoft / Sony / Insomniac Games / Rockstar Games / Santa Monica Studio / WB Games / Sucker Punch / Kojima Productions / Housemarque
Best L-CAR 9 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 6
Black Ops 3's L-CAR 9 pistol has arrived in CoD Mobile Season 6, so here's everything you need to create...
Modern Warfare 2 fans think game could get custom modes with Steam Workshop
Modern Warfare 2 could offer Steam Workshop support, allowing players to create custom modes to share with others.
Best KSP 45 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 6
CoD Mobile Season 6 sees the KSP 45 from Black Ops Cold War arrive in the game, here's our best...