We’ve put together a great Magnum loadout for you to rock in CoD: Black Ops Cold War Season 2 with attachments and tips.
Powerful weapons in Call of Duty are nothing new. So far in Black Ops Cold War, we’ve seen the power of the Milano in the beta, and for final release, the FFAR and burst rifles were high in power, and have since seen nerfs. New to the family of powerful weapons is none other than the dual wield magnums, which feel like a callback to Modern Warfare’s Magnum “Snakeshot” attachment.
YouTuber “Foxy” shows us in the video below exactly how crazy this weapon is, scoring instant kills from close range, even getting a nuclear killstreak in the process.
- Read More: Best AK-74u Loadout – Black Ops Cold War
- Barrel: 7.2″ Task Force – Boosts to damage, bullet velocity and effective damage range. Takes away some recoil control and max starting ammo. The additional range comes in handy for engagements a bit further from close up. (Can be substituted with the Extended barrel at an earlier weapon level)
- Body: SWAT 5mw Laser Sight – Additional hipfire accuracy at the cost of aim down sight time. Since we’re going akimbo/dual wield, the aim down sight time does not matter.
- Magazine: Salvo 12 Round Fast Mag – Fast reloads, more bullets and starting ammo, with no cons since we’re never aiming down sights. Perfect for this loadout. Spam to your hearts content.
- Handle: Field Tape – 90% Flinch Resistance. Necessary when getting up close and personal.
- Stock: Dual Wield – We’re going to need two Magnums for this.
Tips for the field
- Close Range Only – Get up close and personal. You’ll be able to instantly kill players with just one pull of each trigger. Since the magnum is mostly a two-shot kill, dual wield makes this an instant killer.
- Perk it up – Run Gung-ho. You will only be hip-firing this gun and you’ll need as much accuracy while sprinting and sliding. You’ll also get the added bonus of reloading while sprinting.
- Tight corners – Hold close angles by objectives and not even shotguns will be able to take you down.
- Be mindful – The hipfire seems rather random. You may miss shots on occasion due to the inaccurate hipfire.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe is a melee weapon that was seen in Black Ops Cold War. Here’s how you can unlock it for yourself.
A brand-new melee weapon has been seen in Black Ops Cold War and here’s everything you need to know about the Scythe, including how to unlock it.
It can be fun to rack up kills from a distance with an Assault Rifle after hopping into a game of Black Ops Cold War, and sometimes it’s more exciting to use a melee weapon to battle your enemies up close.
Treyarch accidentally released the Scythe melee weapon in Black Ops Cold War in a surprise update on June 6. Here are the unlock challenges the Scythe appeared with for both Multiplayer and Zombies.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe was accidentally added to Black Ops Cold War on June 6, 2022, and tasked players with melee-based challenges to unlock it. Unfortunately, this was accidental so it has now been removed from the game, but it should arrive soon.
- Read more: Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
Despite being removed, we expect the unlock challenge to be the same. Here’s how to unlock the Scythe in both Multiplayer and Zombies:
- Multiplayer – Using a Melee weapon, get 2 kills while Ninja or Dead Silence are active in 15 different completed matches.
- Zombies – Using a primary Melee weapon, kill 200 enemies while Insta-Kill is active.
Completing 15 multiplayer matches will take some time, so you might be faster jumping into a game of Zombies.
The in-game description says that the Scythe is a “quick swinging” two-handed melee weapon that allows you to “reap a bountiful harvest by cutting down all who stand in your path.”
Image Credit: Activision
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Best PC Settings for Warzone Pacific Season 4
Here are the best PC settings to boost performance and visual quality in Warzone Pacific, including how to use the...
What could Dr Disrespect’s battle royale look like? Midnight Society, Project Moon details
Popular streamer Dr Disrespect launched Midnight Society to develop his own game, so what could his battle royale look like?
FIFA 22 Shapeshifters: Release date, promo explained, Team 3 FUT Hero leaks
The Shapeshifters promo followed TOTS as the next Ultimate Team promo in FIFA 22. Here's a look at what to...