Activision Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for the week of July 20.
This week sees the return of 3v3 Gunfight Snipers and the fan favorite Shoot the Ship 24/7 in MP, alongside the BR Solos, Duos, Trio, Quads, and Plunder Quads in Warzone. For Warzone, this upcoming weekend, the BR Duos Stimulus playlist will be live.
This week will also see new store bundles for fans to pick up who want to customize their operators and weapons, including Earth Expeditionary and Force Racing Series: Mach 8 bundles.
Here’s the full breakdown from the Activision Blog:
Experience a close-quarters favorite in the Shoot the Ship 24/7 playlist, grab your trio and check your aim in 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only, then battle to survive in Reinfected Ground War.
Hop into 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only to test your marksman skills. Talk it up with your teammates and best the arena to find your spot and pick off the enemy. Beware the glint.
Ground War gets reinfected in this large-map version of the popular Multiplayer party mode. Fight to survive until the time expires to claim victory. Consider mid-range weaponry to pick off foes at a distance or a deadly close-quarters option for anyone who tries to sneak up on you.
Get a new look for Charly with the ‘Earth Expeditionary Force’ bundle. Dressed for a tactical exploration of the beyond, don ‘The Outrider’ skin and move quickly with the Legendary Colonial Standard LMG. The bundle also contains a watch, weapon charm, calling card, and emblem. PreviousNext
Get your game in gear with the ‘Racing Series: Mach 8’ bundle. This racer-inspired bundle features red tracer blueprints the Autoclave SMG and Winner’s Circle Handgun and two vehicle skins to help you keep track of your ride in Warzone. Plus, get the ‘Start Your Engines’ vehicle horn that blares a race countdown sound.
Warzone gets a boost this weekend in the Duos Stimulus playlist. If you have enough Cash when you’re eliminated, you’ll automatically redeploy into the match. No need for the Gulag. Stimulus redeploys players fast, so expect more frenetic play. Other Warzone playlists include Battle Royale Solos, Trios, Duos, and Quads and Plunder Quads.
Ready to Shoot the Ship? Close-quarters gunplay excels in both locales while marksman can find longer sightlines on Shoot House’s flanking routes. Take advantage of the more frequent engagements you’ll have on both maps to knock out some of this Season’s Officer Challenges and reap the XP rewards. Plus, search for successive kills in the Cranked playlist where you’ll have a short amount of time to get your next kill (or assist) or boom, you’ll explode.
Need some additional tiers? Purchase tiers for only 100 Call of Duty points (regular price: 150 Call of Duty points) to help you advance through the Battle Pass system. The Tier Sale begins on July 21 at 10 AM PT and ends on July 27 at 10AM PT. Also available during the Sale, players can purchase discounted tiers in Tier Bundles in the Store.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Get a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Emblem & Calling Card in Warzone
Legendary and Activision has teamed up to give players a bonus Emblem and Calling Card for Call of Duty.
As part of the Haunting of Verdansk event, a site has gone up allowing players to watch a few videos and scene to get an Emblem and Calling Card in Warzone.
- Visit the new website called http://texaschainsaw.com
- Follow the site to watch the selection of clips (caution: audio warning)
- Enter your email when prompted
- Code sent to your email within two weeks
The legal language on the website says that users must be 17+ and have a valid Activision ID account. The promotion is live until November 1, 2020.
Once you enter your email address, the site says that codes and a poster will be emailed within a two week window.
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...