Activision Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what fans can expect in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone.
This week sees the launch of a brand new update for Season 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone, which will feature new playlists updates, new features (new weapon camo + Gunsmith Customs), and a new LMG (earnable via challenges.
This week will see new store bundles, including a new outfit for Operators, and more.
Activision has also announced the latest Live From Warzone events featuring many different streams and more this week for fans to watch throughout the week on both YouTube and Twitch.
Here’s the details:
This week add a new weapon to your arsenal – the MK9 Bruen LMG, create insane new hybrid blueprint weapons with the update to Gunsmith, get on the path to earn a Mastery camo, experience close quarters action in the return of the ‘Shoot the Ship’ playlist, level up with a Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Tier Progression earn rate, and more!
For this week’s update, owners of the full version of Modern Warfare will have two separate downloads in order to complete the update. Once the update is live, players will download the patch as normal. Once that is completed, when an owner of the full version of Modern Warfare tries to access Multiplayer, Special Ops, or Campaign they will be prompted to download the Data Pack DLC. During the Data Pack DLC download, you’ll have access to Warzone so, jump into a match of Battle Royale or Plunder. When the download is complete, players must restart the game to access all modes of Modern Warfare. Free-to-play Warzone users will not have a secondary download to download the Data Pack DLC with this update.
Expand your creativity to build lethal weapons from blueprints in your Armory with Gunsmith Customs. This update allows you to mix and match attachments from blueprints of the same weapon to create epic hybrid blueprints that have unique looks, styles, and capabilities. Get more details on Gunsmith Customs and suggestions on building your ultimate hybrid blueprint this week on the Games Blog.
MK9 Bruen LMG and Store Bundles
Add some more firepower to your arsenal with the MK9 Bruen LMG. This high accuracy and reliable damage weapon can be acquired via the ‘Encryption’ bundle or by completing a challenge found in the Weapons menu. Head to the LMG tab to find LMG Foxtrot and complete the associated challenge to earn the weapon or get the Legendary ‘The Glitch’ blueprint in the ‘Encryption’ bundle in the Store.
Get some goods that you can claim as “fire” in the Pyromaniac bundle. This bundle includes a Legendary ‘Firestarter’ skin for Krueger, the fiery Caldera Legendary blueprint, a new Finishing Move, flaming Throwing Knives to swap out your standard lethal equipment, and more. Get the bundle for Modern Warfare including Warzone in the Store, then flame out your enemies.
Find the ‘Fire Claw III’ bundle in Store this week. The Legendary SMG ‘By the Toe’ is a striped masterpiece that’s highly capable in taking out your enemies. The bundle is complete with a crown themed spray and tiger themed charm, so you’ll have the look to claw your way through the competition. Look for the ‘Fire Claw III’ bundle later this week.
True Mastery: Obsidian Weapon Camo
Show off your skills by earning the Obsidian camo – a true sign of mastery. This prized camo will be a challenge to earn but equip it in battle and your enemies will know an elite Tier One Operator is fighting on the other side. Get the details and tips on how to earn Obsidian for all your weapons this week on the Games Blog.
A New Warzone Contract
A new Contract has been added to Warzone – Most Wanted. Make yourself a Bounty Target for all teams in Verdansk when you activate this Contract and survive to get the ultimate reward – a redeployment for all of your fallen teammates. Learn some tips to master this Contract and what it means to be Most Wanted this week on the Games Blog. Pick up this Contract in a game of Battle Royale (Solos, Trios, or Quads) or Plunder Trios this week!
Shoot the Ship
Shoot the Ship is back! This double the fun small map specialty playlist is a fan-favorite and features Shoot House and Shipment. Get more insight on both Shoot House and Shipment on the Games Blog and jump into this playlist to experience fast-paced, chaotic, and fun combat.
Level up and progress through the Battle Pass System this weekend with Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass Tier Progression earn rate. Jump into any playlist available in Modern Warfare including Warzone starting on May 1 at 10 AM PT until May 4 at 10AM PT.
We’re back this week with more intense competitions in Verdansk. From CDL pro hosted events, charity tournaments, international battles, and more. There’s a lot you can watch this week #LiveFromWarzone. Get a full look at the schedule below:
Tune in today at 3PM ET for an Atlanta FaZe hosted tournament to see some of the best in CDL bring the heat to Verdansk. Get more intel on the Call of Duty League™ in Verdansk and in other events in the Call of Duty League section below. And check out all the happenings streaming #LivefromWarzone to see the some of the best battle it out, learn new strategies, tips, and maybe pick up a few tricks to help you survive the Gulag.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Get a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Emblem & Calling Card in Warzone
Legendary and Activision has teamed up to give players a bonus Emblem and Calling Card for Call of Duty.
As part of the Haunting of Verdansk event, a site has gone up allowing players to watch a few videos and scene to get an Emblem and Calling Card in Warzone.
- Visit the new website called http://texaschainsaw.com
- Follow the site to watch the selection of clips (caution: audio warning)
- Enter your email when prompted
- Code sent to your email within two weeks
The legal language on the website says that users must be 17+ and have a valid Activision ID account. The promotion is live until November 1, 2020.
Once you enter your email address, the site says that codes and a poster will be emailed within a two week window.
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...