Call of Duty: Mobile has finally got the Grind mode as part of its recent Season 13 update. If you’re looking to come out on top during this multiplayer mode, then you should keep a few useful tips in mind.
Grind was a unique game mode that was first introduced in Call of Duty: Ghosts. It was initially only available through custom games, but its popularity led to it eventually becoming a true multiplayer mode when Modern Warfare was released in 2019.
Now, Activision has brought it to CoD Mobile as part of the Season 13 update, and it involves you collecting tags dropped by every enemy upon death. Your goal will be to bring these tags back to your team’s objective marker on the map.
This isn’t going to be a cakewalk, so here are a few useful tips to keep in mind to dominate the Grind game mode in Call of Duty: Mobile.
Mind your positioning in CoD Mobile’s Grind
If you want to collect enemy tags, you will need to control the center of the map. This is because it will increase your chances of surviving the journey back to your team’s base since it’s less risky than running from further away.
- Read more: How to unlock the QXR SMG in CoD Mobile
Don’t focus on aggressively pushing your way through enemy ranks, as this mode isn’t ideal for that. You’ll find yourself in a world of hurt if you stick to this type of planning, so be careful as you make your way forward.
That said, you can still be aggressive in your efforts to keep the enemy team from banking. You can put aside the objective of collecting tags, and instead focus on taking out foes while you’re positioned close to their base.
Hopefully, you’ll have a teammate or two that will focus on picking up tags from the enemies you bring down. Your focus will be on slowing them down in their efforts to rack up points.
Less is more in CoD Mobile’s Grind
As we mentioned earlier, you shouldn’t focus on playing aggressively in Grind. While you might be tempted to gun-down foes left and right while collecting as many tags as you can, this isn’t guaranteed to work out well for you.
If the enemy can eliminate you near their base while you have a large collection of tags on you, then your efforts will go to waste. They’ll have no issue taking back what you stole from them and you’ll end up helping them.
For this reason, less is often more in this game mode. You should focus on collecting a few tags and then making several round trips to your objective marker.
Stick with SMGs
Your weapon loadout choice will determine your chances of success in Grind. If you’re up for rushing into close combat, then you can’t do better than SMGs. They offer better mobility and speed than Assault Rifles.
This makes them the ideal choice for this game mode. You’ll be spending the majority of your time running and gunning in this mode, so it makes sense to choose a weapon that you can fire from the hip. You can do well with the AGR 556 after equipping a few attachments.
While Assault Rifles often dominate battle royales, they don’t offer the assurance that SMGs do during hectic close-range combat situations. You can have the AR users in your team hang back and provide cover fire.
In the end, the class you pick will be the key to your imminent victory. Just keep these tips in mind and you’ll be able to annihilate your foes in CoD Mobile’s Grind mode.
Image Credits: Activision
Best Swordfish loadout for CoD: Mobile Season 9
Call of Duty Mobile’s Nightmare update brought the Swordfish Assault Rifle, so here are the best attachments and perks to equip in Season 9.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9 is here, bringing in spooky new modes, maps, and cosmetics. CoD Mobile players have also been treated to the Swordfish Assault Rifle, so here are the best loadout attachments and Perks you can run with it.
It’s also brought Black Ops 4’s Swordfish Assault Rifle. This new burst rifle may not be a full-on meta weapon but packs a powerful punch in both the chaotic multiplayer and tactical battle royale mode.
Here are the best attachments and Perks you can run with the Swordfish in CoD: Mobile Season 9.
- Best CoD: Mobile Swordfish loadout attachments
- Best Perks to use with Swordfish in CoD: Mobile
- How to unlock the Swordfish in CoD: Mobile
- Best alternatives to the Swordfish in CoD: Mobile
Best CoD: Mobile Swordfish loadout attachments
- Barrel: MIP Extended Light
- Optic: Classic Red Dot Sight
- Laser: OWC Laser – Tactical
- Magazine: Extended Mag A
- Rear Grip: Granulated Grip Tape
To start this CoD: Mobile Swordfish loadout, we’ve opted for the MIP Extended Light barrel as it reduces bullet spread, recoil and also increases the damage range.
Next, the Classic Red Dot Sight optic is worthwhile because it provides a much clearer picture than the default Iron Sights. And to improve ADS speed, the OWC Laser – Tactical is well-worth using.
We recommend using the Extended Mag A over the Halberd Mag. While the Halberd increases its range, it also decreases damage, giving far fewer one-burst kills. The Extended Mag will, of course, give you much more bullets to work with.
And finally, the Granulated Grip Tape reduces bullet spread, making the Swordfish much more accurate, ensuring you can land all four shots in the burst.
Best Perks to use with the Swordfish in CoD: Mobile
- Red Perk: Fast Recover
- Green Perk: Vulture
- Blue Perk: Dead Silence
While darting around the map with the Swordfish, Fast Recover will allow you to almost instantly regain health and get back in the fight.
And to make sure you’re not running out of ammo while racking up a Killstreak, Vulture will allow you to resupply from fallen players.
And finally, Dead Silence keeps your footsteps silent so enemies won’t know you’re coming.
How to unlock Swordfish in CoD: Mobile
The Swordfish is simple to unlock in CoD: Mobile Season 9, as it’s unlocked at Tier 21 of the free Battle Pass.
- Read more: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
Simply play the game until you hit Tier 21, then you can start leveling up the Swordfish and equipping the best attachments.
Best alternatives to Swordfish in CoD: Mobile
There are plenty of viable weapons you could use instead of the Swordfish in CoD: Mobile, including Season 8’s M13 Assault Rifle. Or, you could use the MX9 SMG if you’re looking for more mobility and close-range damage.
You can also check out our ranking of the best CoD: Mobile weapons to help make your decision.
Image Credit: Activision
How to get a nuke in CoD Mobile
Here’s what you need to do in order to get your hands on a nuke and wipe out all your remaining enemies in CoD Mobile.
There are various different weapons that you can use to dish out some pain in Call of Duty Mobile, but nothing gets the job done like a nuke. Here’s how you can get a nuke in CoD Mobile.
However, one weapon stands above all others, and that is the nuke. Detonating this will wipe out all your adversaries on the map. This guide will cover everything you need to do to get your hands on a nuke.
How to unlock a nuke in CoD Mobile
Once you’ve ranked up to level 20, you can unlock a nuke by getting a killstreak of 20 in CoD Mobile. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to plant the nuke to take out every remaining enemy in a match.
- Read more: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
Here’s how you can get this done:
- Launch the multiplayer mode in CoD Mobile
- Select perks that help with your survival like Persistence or Hardline
- Select a heavy weapon that will help you score quick kills
- Choose a multiplayer map and jump into battle
- Use the heavy weapon to secure 20 consequtive kills quickly
Once you’ve got the 20 killstreak, a ‘launch nuclear bomb’ button will appear on the hub. You’ll then be able to detonate the nuke and wipe out all of the remaining competition. Detonating the weapon grants you the Nuclear Killer and Ultimate Terminator medals.
That covers everything you need to do in order to unlock a nuke in CoD Mobile. Just hop into a few matches and you’ll be able to score that killstreak after a bit of practice.
For more CoD Mobile, you can check out how to get the Gun Master Medal, and stay tuned to Charlie INTEL.
Image Credit: Activision
CoD Mobile Season 9 Nightmare update patch notes: Halloween event release date, Undead Siege, weapons, maps
Here’s everything you need to know about the Halloween-themed Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9, including the new weapons and release date.
Call of Duty: Mobile is set to celebrate Halloween by bringing a spooky overhaul to the handheld shooter in Season 9. Here’s everything we know about the Nightmare update’s Halloween event, including the release date, new maps, and weapons.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8 is soon wrapping up, and the handheld shooter will be getting a spooky overhaul with Season 9. This new Halloween-themed update brings back Undead Siege, as well as introduces new maps, weapons, and more.
Here’s everything we know about CoD: Mobile Season 9, including its release date and Halloween-themed content.
- Season 9 start date
- Season 9 theme
- New maps
- New weapons
- New Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill and BR class
- Season 9 Battle Pass
- Undead Siege returns
CoD: Mobile Season 9 start date
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9 is set to begin on Wednesday, October 20, at around 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM BST (October 21).
CoD: Mobile doesn’t usually have a significant downtime between seasons, so Season 9 should launch almost immediately after the Season 8 Battle Pass expires.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 theme
Alongside Warzone’s The Haunting event, CoD: Mobile will also be running a Halloween theme. Although not officially revealed, a leaked teaser has revealed that Season 9 will be titled ‘Nightmare.’
- Read more: Best R9-0 loadout for CoD: Mobile
Expect Halloween updates to many aspects of the game, as well as spooky cosmetics in the store and Battle Pass.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 maps
CoD: Mobile’s developers have revealed that Season 9 will bring Modern Warfare (2019)’s Hovec Sawmill and Halloween Standoff.
Hovec Sawmill was a brand new map for Modern Warfare, taking place in a small village with a burning Sawmill in the center. With several accessible rooftops, you’ll need to keep your eyes up. And for CoD Mobile Season 9, the Hovec Sawmill will be a night map, matching Nightmare’s spooky aesthetic.
Halloween Standoff also returns in Season 9, which is fast becoming a tradition for CoD Mobile. This new update gives the classic Black Ops 2 map an eery overhaul, with pumpkins and other Halloween decorations littering the nighttime version.
The devs also teased that “a surprise mystery lies ahead,” so we’ll need to wait and see what 2021’s version of Halloween Standoff has in store.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 weapons
Call of Duty fans will be quick to recognize Nightmare’s new weapons, with CoD Mobile Season 9 bringing the Thumper and the Swordfish.
The Thumper Grenade Launcher has featured in several Call of Duty games and is sure to be a powerful addition to the new season.
- Read more: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
And Black Ops 4 players will recognize the Swordfish, a four-round burst Tactical Rifle that’s low recoil allowed it to chew through enemies with ease.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill & BR class
CoD: Mobile Season 9 also brings a new Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill, and Battle Royale Class.
The Flash Drone Tactical Weapon acts as a long-range flashbang. Players take charge of a drone that will completely blind enemies it comes into contact with. Devs said that it can be released at a distance “of about 15 meters” and has a range of “about 20 meters.”
The new Operator Skill, TAK-5, is set to be a game-changing addition to multiplayer. The TAK-5 immediately heals the full team, including the player, to full health. And not only that, but each player gets an additional 50 health.
And finally, CoD: Mobile’s battle royale gets the new Pumped class. This gives players a small jetpack that allows players to jump higher and even double jump. Plus, weapons are more accurate while in the air.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
CoD: Mobile devs confirmed that the TAK-5 will arrive in the Season 9 Battle Pass alongside either the Thumper or Swordfish.
We expect there to also be plenty of Halloween-themed cosmetics in the Battle Pass, so we’ll keep you updated when the season goes live.
Undead Siege returns in CoD: Mobile Season 9
CoD: Mobile fans were clamoring for the Zombies mode to return, and Season 6’s Undead Siege brought a new twist to the classic experience. The Zombie-slaying action returns in Season 9.
- Read more: Best M13 loadout for CoD: Mobile
In Undead Siege, players need to survive either three or five nights, defending Richtofen’s Control Center from wave after wave of the undead.
Undead Siege returns in Season 9 for the Nightmare Halloween event, and will likely last until the end of the season. Devs teased that “there are some new rewards to earn and new challenging zombie behavior to conquer.”
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Trick or Treat
An interesting new side addition to Season 9 is the new ‘Trick or Treat’ in-game scenario. According to the devs: “Go door to door and try your luck. If you’re tricked, complete an in-game task to get your candy; if you’re treated, get the candy right away.
“Candy awards event XP, progressing you through the event track with milestone rewards along the way. Set your own room to trick or treat, and visit your friends’ rooms, too.”
CoD Mobile Season 9 update patch notes
Multiplayer mode and survival mode
CR-56 AMAX (equipped with M67 magazine):
- Reduced the range, the first range was adjusted from 36M to 30M, and the second range was adjusted from 51M to 42.5M
- Reduced the damage on the upper arm from 62 to 48
- Slightly increased vertical recoil.
- Increased the basic movement speed of the base gun from 0.6 to 0.65
- Increased the reload speed of the base gun from 3 to 2.5
- Increased the basic bullet velocity of the multiplayer mode from 600 to 900
- Heavy long barrel – Reduced the movement speed penalty from 4% to -2%
- 300 RTC-30 rounds magazine: Replaced the bullet speed increasing effect with a silencer effect; ADS speed -8% → -3%
- 300 RTC-double-row 40 rounds magazine: Replaced bullet speed increasing effect with silence effect; added bomb reload speed +10%; movement speed -2% → -1%
- Fixed the issue of BSA Mod not working in Battle Royale.
- Reduce the horizontal recoil of the base Gun
- Reduced hip fire spread of the base gun from 0.08 to 0.06, reduce the minimum 0.15 to 0.14
- Increase the damage of the upper body: Arm 26 increased to 28 Chest 28 increased to 31 Head 31 increased to 33
- Marksman Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil increased from -3.2% to -8%
- Ranger Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% to -6%
- Strike Stock: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% Increased to -6%
- Increased base gun damage range from 10m to 14m.
- Base gun damage increased from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19
- Base gun movement speed increased from 1.04 to 1.06
- Base gun ADS speed increased from 0.448 to 0.4
- Adjusted base gun’s recoil
- Reduced the movement speed of the 50-round magazine from -1% to -1.5%
- Reduced the movement speed of the 60-round magazine from -1.5% to -2.5%
- Adjusted the recoil of the base gun to make it more controllable during continuous firing
Perk – Disabled:
- After adding disabled perk for assault rifles and light machine guns hitting anywhere in the body will reduce the movement speed.
Battle Royale Mode
- Reduced base gun damage from 30-24-16-15 to 25-21-18-16
- Increased the vertical recoil of the first shot by 50%
- Bullet spread during continuous firing has been increased by 35% starting from second shot
- Fixed the bug that SKS bullets do not require bullet velocity in BR mode.
- The explosion damage of the Sam turret has been greatly increased from 198 to 385
- The score of the SAM Turret has been slightly reduced from 850 to 660.
- Increased the number of drones from 4 to 6. We’ve increased the number of drones to improve Swarm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Reduced the score of Napalm from 1500 to 1190
- Slightly reduced the score of rapid air strikes from 1050 to 850
- Increased missile explosion range from 10 meters to 15 meters.
And that’s everything we know about Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9! We’ll update this post when Activision releases the full patch notes.
For more CoD: Mobile, you can check out how to get the Gun Master Medal.
Image Credit: CoD Mobile
Apex Legends Storm Point guide: Every POI on new Season 11 map
Season 11 introduces a brand new Apex Legends map called Storm Point, and for those wondering what it will look...
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team pack animations: How to tell if it’s boards or a walkout
Packs are the lifeblood of FIFA 22 Ultimate Team, and there's an easy way to tell if you're about to...
Major Warzone Ghost glitch breaks popular Perk
Players are reporting that a glitch with the Ghost Perk in Warzone Season 6 is causing major problems in the...