In a new blog post, Treyarch has shared new details on the competitive aspect of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, including announcing a slew of new features that will be included in the game for esports fans.
Treyarch has revealed details on the new World League Hub, the Pro Series, League Play, Gauntlet Events, Clans, and more!
Here’s the full breakdown:
- World League Hub: Introducing the World League Hub, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s in-game home for all things esports and competitive play. Players can come to the World League Hub to play like the pros in Treyarch’s Pro Series competitive playlist format, watch Call of Duty World League streamed events, and learn about the latest happenings in the CWL.
- Pro Series: Pro Series is our in-game set of playlist rules featuring official CWL rules, team format, map rotation, and game types that allows players to play like the pros. Form team rosters, scrim in competitive matches to hone your skills, and put it all on the line in weekend events in Pro Series format to win in-game prizes and recognition. You or your team will compete against other players or teams of similar skill in competitive matchmaking. As Treyarch, professional COD players from around the globe, and the CWL work together to define the absolute best format for competitive play in the upcoming CWL season, Treyarch will keep the Pro Series settings updated to match the CWL, and let players experience the game just like the pros.
- League Play Events: In-game League Play makes its return in Black Ops 4 with a tighter, more intense 3-day limited event format. Players will be assigned to a League Play Ladder after their first game in League Play. Players may compete as a team in Team Ladders, or as a solo competitor against other solo competitors in a Solo Ladder. Events will use the Pro Series settings and format, and players will earn BO4 Ladder Points for wins (or lose points for losses). Earn the most Ladder Points by the end of the event to take 1st Place. League Play events will be scheduled with a frequency of about once a week to once every two weeks to maximize the intensity of competition and the excitement that comes with the competitive community playing in events together at the same time. Every victory counts!
- Gauntlet Events: The Gauntlet is also a time-limited event where players play a series of consecutive matches to maximize wins. To complete the Gauntlet, reach a certain number of wins before hitting a certain number of losses. Each loss counts as a strike, and players who accumulate too many strikes will have to start the Gauntlet over. The best part: completing a Gauntlet will grant players special in-game rewards to showcase their victory. The Gauntlet is designed to be a more accessible and digestible competitive style of play that’s easy for every player to understand.
- CWL News and Live Streams: From the World League Hub, players will be able to watch live streams of current CWL matches, as well as browse through a library of previous events and CWL broadcasts (availability may vary by platform). Players will also be able to get the latest information on upcoming CWL events.
- Clans and Teams: Though you may play as a lone wolf, you’ll want to form a team and play together to get the best out of the competitive experience. Competitive teams are set up and managed through our Clans feature. Within a Clan, players can create a team of up to 7 members, allowing players to compete with a fixed roster, but with the flexibility to sub out team members as needed to accommodate differing schedules. Clans support up to 100 players, and players within Clans may become a member of up to three teams, allowing even more flexibility to play together. Teams have a name, emblem, and their own home page in the Clan Headquarters to easily gather and play together.
Earlier today, Activision announced the first details on the 2019 Call of Duty World League, presented by PlayStation 4 season including the $6 million prize pool, 5v5 competitive play format, and more. Check out the details here.
Sources: Advanced Warfare 2 not currently in development at Sledgehammer Games despite rumors
A CoD 2025 leak has been found out to be untrue, as sources debunk Sledgehammer Games' Advanced Warfare 2 rumor.
How to use Rocket League’s Octane in Fortnite: Rocket League Fortnite map code
A fully functional Rocket League Octane has arrived in Fortnite, so here's the Rocket League Fortnite map code to try...
FIFA 23 Team of the Week: TOTW 3 squad & release date
FIFA 23 Team of the Week gives players regular special cards to improve their squad, so here's Ultimate Team's TOTW...